• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD #2] ★The Official PokeCommunity Adoption Center★ [read first post!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
★The Official PokeCommunity Adoption Center★

Introduction – To New Members

Welcome to the PokeCommunity! First off, we (Megan & Snivy) are more than excited to see you here! If you're checking this thread out, you're probably curious as to what the Adoption Center is all about, right? This is a program dedicated to all the new members who would like take a tour of a certain section or sections of the forums with an experienced member, also known as a "Mentor". Mentors are there to guide you around, take a look at the PC rules, as well as the good things about their experience at those sections. From ROM Hacking, to Trading, to Pokemon Gaming, even sections that aren't related to Pokemon! We're really friendly, so don't be shy and don't be scared! You will benefit so much from this program, why? You'll make your very first friend here on PC!​

How Does It Work?

So, you made your first thread here (aka your introduction thread) here in this section, right? You may have heard me, Snivy or any of the members about the Adoption Center, and you're curious or you're interested in being mentored. The first thing you'd want to do is to post here in this thread that you'd like a mentor, and tell us in your post what you'd like to get out from this community, and what you'd like from a mentor. We have a template available (inside the spoiler below, copy, paste, and fill it out) for you to make it easier for us to pinpoint the best mentor for you. Form is not required, but it is recommended!

Note: Please do not make a mentor request in a separate thread. It will be merged into this one.
Spoiler:

Once you've sent in your post, expect a brief reply from either myself, Snivy, or even one of the mentors on the Mentor List. Snivy and I will pinpoint your interests and will start suggesting a mentor for you. (Example: If you're interested in Video Gaming, Japanese Entertainment, Computers, and/or Tabletop Gaming, your best mentors suited for you are Captain Fabio and Hybrid Trainer). Also, Mentors that read your post and see that you're interested in their sections are more likely to take you to confirm and take you in.

You are also welcome to tell us which mentor is right for you if we suggested more than one mentors based on your interests. This can give us confirmation that you're still expressing interest, and you're willing to learn. We'll go ahead and contact the mentor, and/or the mentor will swing by and take you in.​

This thread!

What can be posted here: Asking for a mentor, directing new members to a suitable mentor, or offering to be a new member's mentor [only if you're on the list]

What cannot be posted here: Introductions (If you want to introduce yourself, to make a new thread we go!), as well as spam (it's not 20% cool, yo).​

Guidelines

I'm glad you're ready to take this first step as a member of the PokeCommunity! Buuuut, all mentees aren't exempt from the guidelines! Alongside the NU/W rules and the Global PokeCommunity rules, there are a few additional (and important!) rules you do need to follow. Be sure to read + understand before sending in your request!
★~Requirements on becoming a mentee
To be considered as a mentee of the program, you must be a clear new member. You must be active for less than two (2) months, OR have less than 99 posts. If you're a returning member that meets this requirement, you can also be considered as a mentee.

★~Your activity is important! < - Very Important Condition!
Once you send in your request, your activity in the forums is STRONGLY encouraged. Once your mentor has taken you in, he/she expects you to be around, because he/she is interested in your eagerness to learn. Try to be around as much as you can, with reliable methods of communicaton (PMs, VMs, even IMs such as MSN and Skype work too).

If you become inactive for a few days, your mentor will assume that you have lost interest, and has the right to drop you and move on to his/her next mentee-in-waiting. Don't let that happen!

★~Do not disrespect your mentor
This is self-explanatory.

★~Taking advantage of your mentor
The job of a mentor is to show you around the boards you are interested in, as well as giving you a brief look at how PC works. Please do not request a mentor just because you have a simple question about something, or you want someone to help you with something. (Example: Requesting a mentor just to answer a simple ROM Hacking question, asking for a mentor just to rate your competitive battling team).

★~Let your mentor know if you no longer need help
If you feel that you learned enough about the forums, more specifically the section you wanted to learn about and no longer need help, be sure to thank your mentor for his/her hard work, and that you will keep in touch with them. Of course, this does NOT mean you can stop talking to him/her! Failure to notify will make the mentor think you're no longer interested. The whole point of the Adoption Center is making your very first friend here on PC.

★~One mentor per mentee per section
You are to get together with one mentor and one mentor only, due to high volume of requests. Please do not request more than one mentor, as Snivy and I will not grant it. (Example: If you want a mentor for both Challenges and Trading, you have to choose between TwilightBlade and Sydian. You cannot take both).​

Conclusion/Staff Contact

We hope you have an enjoyable experience here at the Adoption Center, as well as around The PokeCommunity! If you have any questions regarding the program, which includes requesting a mentor, the process, or any problems you may have encountered, you are more than happy to ask the NU/W moderators Megan & Snivy.​

Have fun!

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Mentor List!

Updated July 13, 2012

Meganium90 - Global | Alternate [Available]
Adopted: Mystical Mermaid

Spoiler:

Snivy063 - Global | Alternate [Available]
Spoiler:

Kura - Global | Alternate
Spoiler:

Jellicent♀ - Black 2 & White 2 [Available]
Spoiler:

bobandbill - 4th Generation Gaming, General Pokemon Gaming, Fanfiction & Writing [Not Available]
Spoiler:

Sydian - General Pokemon Gaming, Challenges, Trade Corner[Available]
Adopted: Flute

Spoiler:

PlatinumDude - Competitive Battling Center [Available]
Adopted: Ninjagon, KinForce
Spoiler:

Livewire - Trade Corner, Off-Topic [Available]
Spoiler:

TwilightBlade - Trade Corner [Available]
Spoiler:

Toujours - Pokemon General [Available]
Spoiler:

BinaryPeaches - Pokemon Trivia, Other Trivia [Available]
Spoiler:

AlexOzzyCake - Pokemon Clubs[Available]
Adopted: zero2525

Spoiler:

donavannj - Pokemon Trading Card Game [Available]
Spoiler:

Cirno - Art Gallery [Available]
Adopted: NV

Spoiler:

Abnegation - Art Gallery, Game Development [Available]
Adopted: Whimsyful
Spoiler:

PkMnTrainer Yellow - Roleplay Corner
Adopted: Starsprite, JadeSkittles
Spoiler:

Miss Doronjo - Roleplay Corner [Available]
Adopted: Chacron

Spoiler:

Astinus - Fanfiction & Writing [Available]
Spoiler:

DrFuji - Emulation [Available]
Spoiler:

SwiftSign - Emulation [Available]
Adopted: pokemonpal7, Seraphimon-sama, Danny E-33

Spoiler:

Hybrid Trainer - Technology & Media [Available]
Spoiler:

Captain Fabio - Technology & Media [Available]
Adopted: mistertendo

Spoiler:

Shining Raichu - Off Topic, Culture & Media [Available]
Adopted: GalladeX

Spoiler:

Mentor List

On the right side, is the list of mentors for you to choose from! We have mentors from each section at PC, such as Trading, battling, ROM Hacking, and even the non-Pokemon sections such as Technology & Media. Depending on your interests, and your eagerness to learn of course! Take your time by learning more about our mentors, reading their biographies (inside the spoiler tags), and hey, maybe you may have something in common with one of the mentors. :3

New! June 17, 2012: Attention ROM Hackers!
Due to superly-high volume of mentees joining and requesting an Emulation mentor. We do not have enough mentors at this time to meet the demand. We will not direct you to an Emulation mentor if you simply have a question about ROM Hacking, want someone to do ROM Hacking work for you or just need people to recruit for your team. There are sticky threads available for that. The Emulation mentors are there to show you around the Emulation boards and *help* you with your hack. Keep this in mind, okay! You can always choose a different section of the forums in the meantime while Snivy or I try to fit your needs. Getting a mentor for the Emulation section is not guaranteed.

How do I become a mentor?

So, you want to be a mentor for the program huh? Well, being a mentor is somewhat a responsibility, and dependableness is pretty much the key for being one. All mentor positions are reserved, and only given to those members whom we feel is active on PC, as well as benefit our new members. There is an application process you will need to get through. Snivy and I will be using personal discretion when reviewing the applications.

Requirements for becoming a mentor:
~Little to no infractions (old infractions will be investigated).
~Active for more than three months (90 days from your actual join date).
~Prove your activity by posting nearly every day (we will see your statistics for this).

So, do you qualify? If so, then fill out the application (inside the spoiler)! All fields are required and send it via PM to either Megan or Snivy.

Spoiler:

Note: By submitting this application you understand that the positions are limited in scope, and you may be put on a waiting list. You also agree that becoming a mentor is up to PC Staff discretion, and that you may also be removed at any time if you are deemed either inactive or unsupportive in your role.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
I want a Mentor

1) im interested in advanced generation games.
2) same as above.
3) yes, absolutely.
4)Role Play and discussions about Pokemon.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Merging this to the Adoption Center since mentor requests are not worth their own thread.

usually the Advanced Generation gaming are part of the whole General Pokemon Gaming sections. So, you'd have to choose the whole board, and you can choose Sydian! She'll be happy to go ahead and show you around the boards, as well as talk about how awesome the games are. :3

Also, for #3, it'd be best if you explained what other sections you would like to venture out on, as just a yes/no answer doesn't tell me anything. :/

Miss Doronjo and PkMnTrainer Yellow are also available for Roleplay Corner if you would like to learn about RPing. :3

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2012
1. What boards are you most interested in? I enjoy interacting with other members with similar interests to me, so the Pokemon Clubs and Other Clubs seem interesting to me. XD The Pokemon Gaming Discussion forums also catch my eye. :)

2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand? Hmmm I have no experience in Emulation, though I would appreciate learning more about the subject and the forum. :3

3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Not really I suppose. At this stage the Pokemon Gaming Discussions, as well as the two Club Forums are my hangouts, I think. :P

4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Mainly just meet other people, and contribute however I can to the forum. :)

Thanks! I don't mind have any particular mentors in mind. Would you guys be able to suggest someone for me? :D I look forward to being mentored~. :3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hi Dragon Scales, I'd be happy to mentor you if you'd like. :) I happen to moderate Pokemon Clubs (just returned from a break so ignore the normal member status if it hasn't been updated when you return xD) so based on your interests I think we'd get along perfectly. ^^ I don't know much about emulation, but it's something I've always been interested in too so we can explore that together if you'd like! As for meeting new people, I own a Pokemon Clubs IRC channel (basically a chat room) which I'll link you too later and it's constantly full of friendly faces where we'll be glad to welcome you to the Pokemon Clubs family. I'll contact you shortly. c:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
^He's the first to pop in my mind, actually!

Have fun with OzCake, Dragon Scales! You two will get along juuuust fine. :)

Wingt

Beginning Hacker
Years
Introduction

1) What boards are you most interested in?
Emulation and hacking

2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
Especially hacking

3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum?
Maybe at some point.

4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here?
Just need some advanced help with hacking.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'd recommend if you explain #3 a bit more...a simple answer doesn't tell me anything. :/

but anyways, ROM Hacking? We have SwiftSign and dragon456 available at this moment. They'll teach you the basics of ROM Hacking, as well as show you around the boards and some of the latest tutorials you'll learn from. :D

I think you may fit well with SwiftSign though. :D He's got a lot of experience with Hacking. :3

Wingt

Beginning Hacker
Years
Well, I don't really intend to focus on other parts. I'm pretty much focused on creating my own hack.

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2012
Hi Dragon Scales, I'd be happy to mentor you if you'd like. :) I happen to moderate Pokemon Clubs (just returned from a break so ignore the normal member status if it hasn't been updated when you return xD) so based on your interests I think we'd get along perfectly. ^^ I don't know much about emulation, but it's something I've always been interested in too so we can explore that together if you'd like! As for meeting new people, I own a Pokemon Clubs IRC channel (basically a chat room) which I'll link you too later and it's constantly full of friendly faces where we'll be glad to welcome you to the Pokemon Clubs family. I'll contact you shortly. c:
Oh wow that's awesome! :3 Yeh getting into emulation together would be fantastic, since learning new things on your own isn't always that motivating haha. :D Thankyou for taking the time to reply, I look forward to being mentored by you. ^^

^He's the first to pop in my mind, actually!

Have fun with OzCake, Dragon Scales! You two will get along juuuust fine. :)
Thankyou! :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2023
1. What boards are you most interested in? Mostly Emulation
2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? Emulation, lol
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Of course
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? I would most likely learn how to add new sprites into the 1st gen games. I am wanting to make a hack of RBY/GSC, and I do not know how to edit/add custom pokemon sprites.

I also would be greatfull to talk to someone experianced about this. So that I may make my own full pokemon game. Feel free to PM me if anybody decides to metor me! :) Thanks ahead of time guys!! :DD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hey there, Wnelson. :3 I see this became your first post...why not go make an introduction thread, yes?

I see you're mainly interested in Emulation, which is alright though! We definitely have dragon456 and SwiftSign who have both experience in ROM Hacking so you can always count on them!

ClayFakemon

Need a spriter for fakemon
Years
I would really love a mentor please. I am Brand New, so i'm sure i fit the bill.
What i mainly joined this community for is to find a person who is really good at transferring fake pokemon pictures and turning them into sprites. I really would love it if a mentor could help me find someone, or if the mentor themselves were really good at it too. This would be Very much appreciated. I already started making a map for the region too. :) and i have a few people, but need more. (people as in drawings)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
If you're just basically looking for a mentor just to insert sprites for you, I'm afraid I can't direct you to one just for that. There's the Help Recruitment Thread (assuming it's for ROM Hacking) for that, I'm sure there will be someone that can fulfill your request there. I'll only direct you to a mentor if you're interested in learning more about a certain section or sections of the forums.

If you're still interested in learning about a certain section, I recommend you fill out the forum in the first post (inside the spoiler!). :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2012
Hello, I am requesting a Mentor

1. What boards are you most interested in? My main interests for being at PC, are to learn more about Pokemon battling, team make up, training, breeding and eventually, maybe even competitive battling. I am currently playing Pokemon White on ROM. Will be picking up both Black & White eventually for my DS 2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? In the long run, Competitive Battling. But i need to gain the foundations of basic and semi-advanced knowledge first. I have most of the basics down. I can level pokemon! LOL 3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Maybe after some time being here, but for now i'd like to stay focused on the goal at hand. "To better understand competitive raising/breeding/battling of Pokemon" 4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Yes, i'd like to get to know people. Create some gamer bonds (Which are rarely ever broken, even after a crushing defeat), and just all around have a good time. The whole time, learning about this mini gaming league all its own!

Hopefully that entered properly

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hello, I am requesting a Mentor

1. What boards are you most interested in? My main interests for being at PC, are to learn more about Pokemon battling, team make up, training, breeding and eventually, maybe even competitive battling. I am currently playing Pokemon White on ROM. Will be picking up both Black & White eventually for my DS 2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? In the long run, Competitive Battling. But i need to gain the foundations of basic and semi-advanced knowledge first. I have most of the basics down. I can level pokemon! LOL 3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Maybe after some time being here, but for now i'd like to stay focused on the goal at hand. "To better understand competitive raising/breeding/battling of Pokemon" 4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Yes, i'd like to get to know people. Create some gamer bonds (Which are rarely ever broken, even after a crushing defeat), and just all around have a good time. The whole time, learning about this mini gaming league all its own!

Hopefully that entered properly

I'll take you on. :) I'll send you a PM shortly after my shower, or you send me one, whichever is quicker. But yeah I can definitely help you out there. :3

ClayFakemon

Need a spriter for fakemon
Years
If you're just basically looking for a mentor just to insert sprites for you, I'm afraid I can't direct you to one just for that. There's the (assuming it's for ROM Hacking) for that, I'm sure there will be someone that can fulfill your request there. I'll only direct you to a mentor if you're interested in learning more about a certain section or sections of the forums.

If you're still interested in learning about a certain section, I recommend you fill out the forum in the first post (inside the spoiler!). :)

What boards are you most interested in? Learning how to make Sprites

What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? The concept of being able to make the sprites, and have them stable enough to stretch in paint.

Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Most definitly, i just got a job that i'm starting on monday so i probably will be on as much as i can, seeing as it's most likely a weekend job.

Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Talk, get some insight, learn, find my way in the world... idk, i'm a teenager and i still dont know what i wanna be when i grow up lol

I hope this helps in me getting a Mentor... :) I dont want them particularly to do the work for me, just help me. and help me understand how to do it also.

(Sorry Meganium, i'm new, i jus figured i would get to the point... didnt mean to distress.)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
So you're just interested in making the sprites. I understand now! Well, Pixel Art is part of the Art Gallery, and we have both Abnegation and Cirno who both know the section pretty well. They'll teach you the basics of spriting as well as take you around the Art Gallery section as well. :3

If you have the time of course, let me know if you're interested in that, and I'll contact one of them to take you in. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back