• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Re-Battlers

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
Years
  • Okay, quick question, can someone give me a list of the trainers you can re-battle everytime you re-enter the route?
    And what this thread is mainly about, what do you think of the re-battlers? Did you use them, are they helpful? Thoughts?

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
    Years
  • I was confused when I got re-battled on Route 4 for the first time. I don't know the locations of all the Breeders, but I think the strongest one is East of Opelucid City. If there's a stronger one, I haven't found him/her.

In the end, it was a nice addition. Good way to train AND make money.

#isthenumbersign
    Years
  • Yeah I was kind of annoyed since I kind of forgot they rebattled you. So I'd be running through the route only to be challenged again by the breeders. :P

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    List of Breeders that are on Bulba

Route 4
    Route 6
    Route 7
    Route 11
    Route 22
    Lostlorn Forest

Route 22 is the strongest, though kinda sad their teams never get better.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I wish their teams improved after you entered the Hall of Fame! It was not only irritating to re-run a route and be fought again by them, but to re-run a route after beating the Champion and have to fight a team of Lv20 Pokemon with your own Lv80 Pokemon!

It was a very fun, unique addition, especially for those who needed extra training, but those Breeders really need to level up!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I noticed this when I first walked onto the Route west of Driftveil City for a second time.. I walked past the breeder and had to battle her again and I was saying to myself "I'm sure I've just battled her.." and then I looked it up and realize that they do re-battle you, just a shame that their levels don't increase as you get more badges or progress.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I do quite like the feature, it's a good way to get trainer battle level EXP and more money, although it is irritating when you forget about it and don't have the right 'mon at the beginning of your party :P

Also, like Suicune said, it would be nice if their levels increased as you progressed more in the game, although that could make it a bit more complicated.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I never battled the breeders yet, but I think it was a good idea for GameFreak to add in rebattleable trainers outside of the Nimbasa Stadium ones, but I would've liked it if they had gotten stronger as you progress in the game, as mentioned above.

Years
  • Yeah I just noticed this today but I'm pretty happy that they have added this feature in ( as opposed to people claiming that it is a 'bug' on youtube )

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2023
    I actually think that their stationary teams are a good thing. I mean, I tend to change my team thousands of times eause I find most pokémon either useless or with sickening ugly backsprites, or just sickenly ugly in general. Then I abandon them in my boxes and pick up another one to train, which is usually really weak, so, having a trainer in low levels to train is quite helpful. Even if it's quite faster just Audino-grind. xD

Years
  • I have to say the constant re-battling of Pokemon Breeders was a neat concept, especially if you need money and don't want to waste time looking for shaking grass so you can battle Audino.

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
    Years
  • I think the add of them is cool because they really help when grinding your up when out of money for Repels that are needed for shaking grass Audino hunting.

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2023
    Besides, it's quite a neat tool for EV training. It would be quite better, though, if they'd only rebattle you when spoken to, 'cause sometimes they get in the way.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
  • I just realized I started this thread and forgot to put my opinion. Hah. So, I like them, especially now that I'm re-training a team from scratch. They provide money, as well as a constant stream of EXP, both low and "higher" levels. The only problems I have with them is that you have to battle them whenever you go through the route (ex. Route 4's breeder). Also that they have a cap level of 41, which is good until you get past level 60, then its just sloooow training.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I personally dont find them that great. It dosent really help you gain that much experience and you only gain a little bit of money. I dont EV train in game usually so I personally just find them annoying everytime I go onto a route they are on and have to battle them every single time.

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2015
    I've encountered one breeder. SHE WAS ANNOYING!!! I like to just fly to towns now. I haven't encountered every breeder yet.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    This has its ups and downs. One it's good for money and training but it's not as easy to go from route to route, which is why I usually do. Though luckily so far the only one I have to battle every time is the one on route 4 and I learned sort of a way to get past her? Not too sure but yeah. And the one at the route before the chargestone cave I can avoid by surfing past if I don't feel like battling her.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • i do like the idea of re battling trainers instead of just battling wild pokemon. it kinda gets annoying though sometimes xD i don't mind it though(:

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • The first time i encountered one was at route 3. I thought i had a fake copy the minute i battled her. after the battle, i talked to her and she mentioned that she would battle me every time i enter the route. that really put me into relief.

Back