• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hiiiiiiii

Years
  • Hi everybody!

I am currently 20 and live in the UK, I have loved Pokemon from a young age and still do and need some Pokemon friends as at my age its deemed "uncool" let's be fair as most people want to do drugs and put bricks through peoples windows. But anyway enough of that, I love the Ruby games I currently play Emerald on my Samsung Galaxy Note but my favorite gen has to be the first one just because I grew up with it. If anyone can help me I put a thread up in the trading card part too so any advise or help there would be smashing!

I'm going to stop now before I bore you all as I could type all day abut my Pokemon history but I won't hehe, so hi everyone :D

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
    Years
  • Hey there Bumfluff, interesting name you've got there :P Welcome to PokeCommunity \o/ And uncool? Pfft, Pokemon is as cool as you can get. If you like the Gen I and Gen III games, it'll be worth your while to check out Metal & Color Generation and Advance Generation forums. DO you play any of the DS games? Cuz those are my favorite, with SoulSilver being the one I liked the best. And feel free to type away, I'd still read it anyways :P I'd strongly suggest that you read the rules for the forums here and the rules for all sections you plan to post in. It can really help prevent any accidental problems down the road. If you ever have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to contact me or another staff member here. I hope you enjoy your time here and make lots of friends o 3o

Years
  • Hi Tabor62

Thank you for the welcome, the name came from a party one night where my Xbox was being used for drunk competitions on games all night long and I changed my tag then and it has stuck ever since and it still is Bumfluff1202. I love GEN I & III, I used to play the DS ones until HG got piched off me and I loved that game, I thought it was awesome, I got the guide for it in my bedroom as it came free with my copy. I am tempted to buy it again at some point soon but I don't know why my dsi won't connect to my wi-fi.

Years
  • Hey Fluff! :) Welcome to PC, pleasure to meet you! Great to have more oldies join us in the community, hehe. Granted there are actually quite a bit of people in their 20s around here.

I really know what you mean. It sucks that most people our age seem to do all these stupid things. ;( I'm proud of being the kind of person I am and loving Pokemon, and hopefully you are, too. Gen I is awesome but I especially agree with the third gen being super great! The Pokemon designs were really different and fun... that and it was just so addicting. I see you're a Cyndaquil fan too; he's adorable and my preferred starter in G/S/C! Totodile's line becomes a lot more useful in HG/SS though, so admittedly I use him just a tiny bit more in the remakes. Go Ice Punch!

Sucks to hear about your DSi and Wi-Fi issues, though. ;_; Have you tried googling for the error? I've had so many errors with my 3DS about my Nintendo Wi-Fi connector that I just gave up trying, since it's apparent that the darn thing doesn't work anymore. There's probably lots of other people with your same issue out there. Might get some luck if you post a thread over in the Technology and the Internet board, but googling is still your best friend above all.

Still needing some help with your TCG thread? Looking through your posts it looks like you've already created a thread there, but if you're still confused about things, feel free to post in the Quick Questions & Answers thread! The staff and members are pretty quick in helping out. You can also private message donavannj, the moderator of the Trading Card Game section. He's a very great and helpful guy.

Enjoy your stay and hope you have a blast here! See you around!

Years
  • Hi Cirno!

Thank you for the warm welcome, I am proud to be a 20s Pokemon fan and not be going around doing stupid things because it's "cool" I loved Cyndauil, he is the first Pokemon that I thought was a proper cutie hehe, tried Googling the error but I got various different answers so I might try it again later tonight at some point. Yes I am still after help with my trading card thread I posted. I think I might have come across some sweet bargins! If the sellers accept I'll be sure to pm you about it :)

Years
  • Hey! Welcome to PC!

Pokemon is definitely not only for kids. It's for anyone. I see a TON of people on my campus play Pokemon, and we're in our twenties. It doesn't matter what your age is. Pokemon is awesome and I am not ashamed to like it at 20!

Cyndaquil is my favorite starter! I love him. I first picked him in GSC and again in HGSS. He's adorable and I love his evolutions.

Hope to see you around the forums buddy!

Years
  • Hey! Welcome to PC!

Pokemon is definitely not only for kids. It's for anyone. I see a TON of people on my campus play Pokemon, and we're in our twenties. It doesn't matter what your age is. Pokemon is awesome and I am not ashamed to like it at 20!

Cyndaquil is my favorite starter! I love him. I first picked him in GSC and again in HGSS. He's adorable and I love his evolutions.

Hope to see you around the forums buddy!

Hey Toshiro,

Thanks for the welcome, I only know one other person in my friends collection that likes Pokemon but only watching it so over here I am in my own little corner really and I do love it. I will agree with you Cyndaquil is adorable and his evolutions are awesome too!

You will see me around I love forums and posting but I love being social :)

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Welcome to PC! Pokefans in their 20s is a common sight there so don't worry, Pokemon isn't "uncool" for us obviously. Just like Cirno said, you can PM donavannj about your TCG thread. Have fun in the forums and if you ever need help or want to talk, VM me.

Years
  • Welcome to PC! Pokefans in their 20s is a common sight there so don't worry, Pokemon isn't "uncool" for us obviously. Just like Cirno said, you can PM donavannj about your TCG thread. Have fun in the forums and if you ever need help or want to talk, VM me.
    Hey JNathan,

Thanks for the kind welcoming my friend :) I never knew how common Pokemon was with people currently in their 20s but saying that it was one of the biggest things going in the 90s then bloddy yu-gi-oh came along, but everyone at my school back then played yu-gi-oh and I have learning diffuciltys and I found the Pokemon TCG confusing so I started collecting instead and playing yu-gi-oh but I grew up with Pokemon and it will always be in my life and I will pass it onto my kids.. if any pop out haha. As for the messaging, thanks I will bare it in mind for future reference.

Years
  • Hello Bumfluff and welcome to the PokeCommunity!

Yeah I'm so late to this intro but I'm glad they showed you some sections you might like. I'm not a player of the TCG but the artwork is really cool I have to admit. The 3rd Generation was also my first generation as far as playing the Pokemon games themselves go. I know what it means to be 20 and still love Pokemon, I'm also 20 and I never want to retire from Pokemon because it was my first real love. PC is a really fun community nonetheless and you'll definitely love it here.

Anyways, I hope to see you around the forums and if you ever need anything feel free to message me or a moderator (such as Cirno) and remember to read the rules so you don't get into trouble, cos getting into trouble is so uncool. Have a fun time here dude!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • No, no, no. If you're already out your teens, it is cool to do anything (just show it to younger kids, say 5-7 years old.) Haha. I'm just a recently started TCG player myself, playing online most of the time. It is a fun game for pokemon, though not as fun as the main series.

Anyway, read the rules and have fun, kay?

Years
  • Hikari10 -
    Hi buddy and thank you for the welcome,
    I'm glad I have managed to come across a community that I have the same interest in, thank god for Google hey, my favourite 3rd gen Pokemon is Salamence. On my ruby save before it got corrupted it was first Pokemon I got to level 100 and then a few of the other big names followed like Groudon and Rayquaza. On the games I don't really go for the Pokedex, I more go for getting level 100's and battling people with pure monsters ;)

miltankRancher -
    Thank you for welcoming me mate,
    I want a kid myself and I've always said he will be a Pokefan like myself, and hopefully with every Pokemon on card he/she will get to know the Pokemon I grew up with and hopefully games too, that would be epic :)

Back