• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Gen 2-Style 56x56 Sprite Resource

Years
Hey all! I thought I should make a Gen-2 styled devamp resource for those who like the Gen 2 Style, want to use later pokemon in gen 2 Rom hacks, or for any other purpose! (This isn't affiliated with any other resource threads, I just like the way they were run and want to try to emulate that, so I hope that's OK). This is a big WIP. It'll grow as time goes on, hopefully, and anyone can contribute.

Contribution Guidelines:
Spoiler:

Now, onto the sprites!

GEN 2
Spoiler:

GEN 3
Spoiler:

GEN 4
Spoiler:

GEN 5
Spoiler:

GEN 6
Spoiler:

GEN 7
Spoiler:

Anyone can use as long as proper credit is given. Thanks!

Last edited:

Wobb

Wynaut
Years
Here's a Taillow Sprite I just made. Did I do it right, and does it look good?
SXzh31e.png

And.. Could this thread also include better sprites for Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon?
Some of the Gen 1 & 2 Sprites don't look good. (Raikou from Gold and Silver)
Spr_2g_243.png

I made two Togepi sprites. (No shiny or back sprite)
sV5uV3O.png
qq1Dc5d.png

QRM5b56.png

Last edited:
Years
Here's a Taillow Sprite I just made. Did I do it right, and does it look good?
SXzh31e.png
That looks nice! Accepted

And.. Could this thread also include better sprites for Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon?
Some of the Gen 1 & 2 Sprites don't look good. (Raikou from Gold and Silver)
Spr_2g_243.png

I made two Togepi sprites. (No shiny or back sprite)
sV5uV3O.png
qq1Dc5d.png

QRM5b56.png

Sure (IDK why I didn't think of that) I can add that later!

haimon_99

SupaHabil
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 20, 2022
I tried to somehow make a colorful pokemon to a 4 colors palette and its actually not that bad in the end for this specific pokemon(although I think there is can be some more adjustment).What do you think RousJuice?

EMLOIOx.png

credit to the gen 7 repository for the steenee sprite(its the back that I made though).

btw- made the lines that between the sprites to help you understand the back.just change it to black before you're putting it there.

EDIT:
*I made a shiny and a back for your togepi sprite, Wobb, and I think that the color that you used in your palette of the sprite can be used better in the shiny one.(I Basically took the togepi color from pkmn g/s for the front and back and the one that you choosed for the shiny and the shiny back).
r2A4A9a.png

*Light Steenee updated

*made buizel too(was super hard btw).
xqGc6xW.png

Last edited:
Years
I tried to somehow make a colorful pokemon to a 4 colors palette and its actually not that bad in the end for this specific pokemon(although I think there is can be some more adjustment).What do you think RousJuice?

EMLOIOx.png

credit to the gen 7 repository for the steenee sprite(its the back that I made though).

btw- made the lines that between the sprites to help you understand the back.just change it to black before you're putting it there.

EDIT:
*I made a shiny and a back for your togepi sprite, Wobb, and I think that the color that you used in your palette of the sprite can be used better in the shiny one.(I Basically took the togepi color from pkmn g/s for the front and back and the one that you choosed for the shiny and the shiny back).
r2A4A9a.png

*Light Steenee updated

*made buizel too(was super hard btw).
xqGc6xW.png

Nice steenee and buizel! Added!

Are you alright with the togepi backsprite, wobb?

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I'm sorry to be the one to have to do this but if this is meant to be Gen II style you need much stricter rules. For starters, most if not all the back sprites here are unusable because they're too big.
As a simple guide for front sprites small pokemon should be 40x40, medium 48x48, large 56x56. For backsprites they should be 48x48 otherwise youl can't use them in game (without editing the game).
Also pretty much all sprites are done anyway, I can provide links and credits if you want them adding here, would save time and then the focus can be on improving the available sprites

Years
I'm sorry to be the one to have to do this but if this is meant to be Gen II style you need much stricter rules. For starters, most if not all the back sprites here are unusable because they're too big.
As a simple guide for front sprites small pokemon should be 40x40, medium 48x48, large 56x56. For backsprites they should be 48x48 otherwise youl can't use them in game (without editing the game).
Also pretty much all sprites are done anyway, I can provide links and credits if you want them adding here, would save time and then the focus can be on improving the available sprites
3e3.jpg

The point of this was to make sprites and have fun with it, not copy-paste other people's sprites in a list. Who wants to make a resource of other people's stuff?

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
oh i've made a bunch of gen 2 bits, I'll edit this post over the next few days with them when i'm back on my own laptop

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday

Gen 2 also has a super specific more cartoonish style, which should always be followed if possible

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Who wants to make a resource of other people's stuff?

This is a resource of other peoples stuff... You also ignored the point of backs being unusable but fine. I offered constructive critisism and help, be a child

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
Years
lzEAaJ9.png

I've made Front Sprites Rowlet and their shiny (back sprites in progress) Drawing using mouse is kinda hard you know

Edit: -Back Sprite has done! if you see something wrong, you can fix it.
-Popplio Front Sprites & Back Sprites
nUF024U.png

Last edited:
Years
lzEAaJ9.png

I've made Front Sprites Rowlet and their shiny (back sprites in progress) Drawing using mouse is kinda hard you know

Edit: -Back Sprite has done! if you see something wrong, you can fix it.
-Popplio Front Sprites & Back Sprites
nUF024U.png

Your stuff is arranged incorrectly, it should be normal front sprite then back sprite then the shinies. Looks good to me for the most part tho, so rearrange it and you'll be fine

Wobb

Wynaut
Years
lzEAaJ9.png

Rowlet's head should be more round, I think you should fix the lines to make it look round :)

And Rousjuice,
Do these sprites look okay?
Wingull (278), Pelipper (279), Ralts (280), Kirlia (281), Surskit (283)
7QGsHdf.png

k6PBQwN.png

3z4q1cm.png

jX65mPJ.png

ja4Gzty.png

Don't know which Kirlia is better.
jX65mPJ.png

2YqfuF0.png

And I was bored so I made this :o
3vTOnRG.gif

Or should we start making sprites look cartoonish like Hands said?

Last edited:

haimon_99

SupaHabil
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 20, 2022
Do these sprites look okay?
I think they look great but a single adjustment can be done on Pelipper's forehead. Just emphasize the blue part of his head and its gonna be perfect.

Or should we start making sprites look cartoonish like Hands said?
I dont understand why do we need a cartoonish style?Pkmn r/b had a cartoonish style and g/s/c,almost not at all.I think we should just "devamp" the sprites from ds style,gen 6 and gen 7 threads or if you want to share the sprites that you made,your welcome.

Years
This is a resource of other peoples stuff... You also ignored the point of backs being unusable but fine. I offered constructive critisism and help, be a child
Keep the insulting to a 0. Thanks
Gen 2 also has a super specific more cartoonish style, which should always be followed if possible
I dont understand why do we need a cartoonish style?Pkmn r/b had a cartoonish style and g/s/c,almost not at all.I think we should just "devamp" the sprites from ds style,gen 6 and gen 7 threads or if you want to share the sprites that you made,your welcome.
I think it was suggested that GSC's style has a certain and unique cartoon style - it's not extremely exaggerated like RBYG, but it's closer to designs we recognize
Spr_1b_025.png
Spr_2s_025.png
Spr_2c_025.png

There's also poses that GSC have that are made in an angle where its facing the player/player's pokemon (whoops had to edit this but correct me if there's a better wording) and showing the front of it's body and face (I said front view before editing but I meant this). Not saying other styles don't also have this posing, but there's a limit of how much the entire body is shown, and art closer to our current gen are much more refined shape and proportion wise.
Spoiler:

Just wanted to see if that helps at all with deciding what really needs the poses and style adjusted when you're working. It is at the end of the day your call

Unholysoul

Banned
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
You guys are doing a good job on spriting the pokemons of new gens and remakes of old gens ones, they looks very well :).

Back