• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Forbidden Fruit

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Did anyone ever forbid you from watching a show or movie? Was a song not suitable for your ears? Did a book promote ill morals? Did you ever watch, listen, or read it in defiance of that ban or later in life?

Remembers three different instances.
    1. Power Rangers. Claimed it was too violent. Never minded cartoon violence, however. Probably chafed at the clearly evil character too. Grumbles about villains always being present in Disney movies to this day. Skipped catching this show later. Lacked appeal then.

2. The Simpsons. Recalls no reason, other than "I don't like this". May have specified vulgarity when pressed. Never cared to try it after that. Enjoyed Futurama later in life, however.

3. Kender, Gully Dwarves, and Gnomes, a Dragonlance series book. Objected to the cover. Deemed it "too racy". Read it at least once by that point. Saw no need to read it again and cause conflict. Cared too little to pick it back up later on.

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
    Years
  • I wasn't allowed to listen to Slipknot when I was growing up because one time I got my mum to buy me their IOWA album and was playing it on my walkman and she heard me singing it. :C

I was also banned (temporarily) from watching WWF/E, because I was one of those kids that would in fact try this at home.

Years
  • I have wanted to watch every single movie my mom owns and we would watch them all together. There is this one movie my mom has it was called "The Lover" which is a romance movie and she did not want me to watch it until I turned 18.

Years
    • Seen today
    We didn't have many restrictions.

My mother absolutely hated and still hates Family Guy. We weren't forbidden from watching, but keeping it on meant we would soon be hearing her rant about why the show is stupid.

Years
  • My mom never really regulated my TV hours so not quite haha. I just made sure to instinctively keep the channels to cartoon ones while they were around the house, bcs I might unexpectedly land on a lewd scene if I try to watch stuff like AXN shows lol.

She kept judging me watching Mr. Bean however. She hated that show with a passion, always telling me that it'll make me stupid :p Well guess what mom? I am stupid after all, but not because of that show!

Back