• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?Community 2005 .::. Singing Contest

FaerieEsqueThing

FINLAND!
Years
I will enter! Now I must figure out what to sing >>

BTW, with the backing instruments, can I make a synthesised piano on the computer and merge it to my voice, without modifying my voice? (Not that I could modify my voice, I dun know how! XD)

Last edited:

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
Ashlein said:
I will enter! Now I must figure out what to sing >>

BTW, with the backing instruments, can I make a synthesised piano on the computer and merge it to my voice, without modifying my voice? (Not that I could modify my voice, I dun know how! XD)

Make sure that your audition version doesn't have any backing instruments at all. (I'm guessing that means no synth either.) They JUST wanna hear your beautiful voice. :)

Vchat, I can't hear your song... ;_; My player doesn't recognize that audio format. The rules say it's gotta be in .mp3 or .wav format... do you have any way of converting it so'se I can hear your singing? :P~~~

Vchat20

[PAM] Founder/Coder
Years
  • Age 36
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 19, 2009
i would if it didnt turn out so big. winamp will play it just fine and is probably one of the most popular if not the most common player out there.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
Ashlein said:
Okay, thanks! That means round 1, I'm doing Hello!

*Squeeee* Evanescence rules! Rock on, baby! *Does the happy dance*

I hope lots more people join!

Vchat, you might wanna PM the Mod for this event and clear your file extension with him, just in case. You don't want to have to scramble for a converter at the last second if they require you to change your format. Or even worse, you might end up having to make a new recording (shorter) to make it fit the file size restrictions. ;_; I'm not trying to bum you out; I just want to make sure you have plenty of time to get a quality recording on board - one that the mods will allow, I mean. Because if you read the instructions, they do explicitly say .mp3 and .wav formats only. :(

As far as Winamp goes... well, I'll consider it... I already have Windows Media Player on my machine... I have a store-bought copy of Musicmatch from a long time ago, and I'll be able to upgrade it if I use it, but I don't know if that'll play .ogg files... we'll see, I guess. :D In any case, good luck to everyone!

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 23, 2014
Vchat, I'm sorry to say that if I can't hear your file, I won't judge it. =/ My mom wouldn't let me download anything on the computer, so please switch to .mp3 format or .wav n_n;

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
Vchat20 said:
*fixed* you guys seriously need to get with the times :\

*stresses* Are mp3's and wav's becoming obsolete already?! Darn it all! What is this .ogg, anyhow? Sounds like a caveman name.... *grumble, grumble*

Sorry for the inconvenience, man. :( I hope you're not mad at me. I just thought it might be better to address it now, instead of on the 1st, when the judging starts. :(

175.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Vchat20

[PAM] Founder/Coder
Years
  • Age 36
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 19, 2009
its not neccesarily getting out of date yet, but there are many new file formats coming out such as ogg, aac, aacplus, and many others which far surpass mp3 in terms of a bitrate/size/quality ratio. where mp3 requires a minimum of 128kbps to sound cd quality, ogg can make it at 40kbps, aac around 40/48, and aacplus easily at 24 (which is a standard bitrate for dialup shoutcast streams. so those of you dialup users can easily benefit from this).

anywho, im not mad, just a bit annoyed is all. would have been less of a hassle if my favorite free file hosting site was still up.

Vchat20

[PAM] Founder/Coder
Years
  • Age 36
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 19, 2009
so when exactly is the auditoning supposed to end and the judging starts?

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
pichugirl said:
How do you make voice clips?

In order to do this, you have to have the ability to record your voice onto the computer. the easiest way is to use a desktop microphone. You can get them at most major electronics stores. Anyway, Windows Sound Recorder (under the accessories menu) is the simplest way to use your microphone to record your voice, although there are other (better) software packages out there that can do it too.

Vchat20

[PAM] Founder/Coder
Years
  • Age 36
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 19, 2009
the way i did mine was pretty elaborate (as always :P ). i had Goldwave open with a blank 5 minute mono track and set to record from the microphone, winamp open with the song ready to go, and a web page with the lyrics. minimized winamp, hit record on goldwave, minimized it, hit the play button on my keyboard which started winamp playing, and just followed the song while reading the lyrics from the web page. once done, i closed winamp and the lyrics page, trimmed the recorded voice so the voice started promptly and the file ended right after the last spoken word. did some hiss removal and amplification and that was the voice file there.

for the voice/music mixed i again opened the song in goldwave along with the voice file. did some vocal removal from the song inside of goldwave, did some equalization to add some bass back in and mixed the voice in to right where the lyrics in the song started (around 11.75 seconds) and voila.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
VChat, I still can't seem to get to yours. :( The link is broken for me. When I right click and try to "save target as" I get told that the pokeradio website is either unavailable or cannot be found. Does the link work for all the rest of you? Maybe its server was just down or something. :(

Back