• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?Community 2005 .::. Singing Contest

Vchat20

[PAM] Founder/Coder
Years
    • Age 36
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 19, 2009
    sorry. stupid me. i forgot the c in the url's. lol. just a note, if the image in my sig shows, the server is online. both the audition mp3's and the below image are on the same server.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
  • New Song

Well, I didn't like the song I had on there originally, so I changed mine. And this one's going to have to stay. Anyone want to be brutally honest and tell me how bad it sucked?

Blazey boy said:
    did mine suck or what XD cause I had a sore throat

0_o For someone with a sore throat, you sure have a strong voice! You've got my vote, BB-kun!

A word to the wise, guys: Make sure you read ALL the rules before the deadline gets here (May 1st). They don't want anything over two minutes long. And the files HAVE to be in mp3 or wav format, with just your voice. Also, for those of you who had some feedback problems with your mike (you know what I mean, that sound your breath makes when it blows on the microphone), you can cut that down by putting a sock over your microphone. It deadens all that unnecessary blowing. I had my mouth less than an inch away from the microphone the whole time, and I had a sock placed loosely over the end. Believe me, it does wonders. It's a neat little trick that flash artists pass along from one to another. :P

Last edited:

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
  • Amphros23 said:
    So when shall the deliberation on the winners begin?

Well, as I understand it, this round was only an audition session. I don't know how many people they're passing on to the next round, nor do I know for sure exactly when that'll be. But I do know that the cutoff date listed on the announcement was May 1st. So they may or may not be judging already. :P

Oh, and welcome back, Amphros! ^_^

*Edit*
    It's been quite a while now, don't you think? What do you suppose is going on? I sent Satoshi-kun a PM asking him about it just after the deadline hit, and last I'd heard from him, they were still trying to figure out how many people to pass onto the next round. I hope we find out soon... The suspense is a killer!

Last edited:

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    A lot of the auditions made me laugh... hard... but I'm not going to be mean and list them... ;) I really liked the girl who sang Sailor Moon in japanese. It was the only audition that was in pitch the whole time. :D

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
  • Porygon said:
    Wait, mwar, are you still taking entries? If so, I can have one done when I get home.

Yup. Tetsuya-san's still taking entries. He reopened submissions. I guess he thought they didn't have enough entrants, lol.

A lot of the auditions made me laugh... hard... but I'm not going to be mean and list them... I really liked the girl who sang Sailor Moon in japanese. It was the only audition that was in pitch the whole time.

And you don't think that's mean? :( Don't think me ungrateful; I'm flattered that you liked the way I sang my song, but that doesn't mean you should slam the others. It kind of makes me uncomfortable to be complimented when everyone else's audition has been ridiculed all in the same post. :( I wish you'd been a little more tactful, if that was really the way you felt. *sigh* I hope I haven't made you angry with me. I'm just really non-confrontational, you know?

Don't let it get to you, everyone! I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. As long as you give it your all, you can't have any regrets! And besides, this is meant to be fun, anyway. ^_~ I certainly didn't enter expecting to win, and I hope the rest of you feel the same way. For me, it's just a chance to have a little fun with my microphone, and listen to others doing the same thing. We're here to congratulate each other on our bravery, :P not slam one another if we think one person's song is better than someone else's!

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
  • Alexi9000:

I can't seem to open the link you gave us, Alexis! I've tried it on a couple of different computers now, and it won't work. I can't even reach a log-in page yet, lol.

Good job! I think you have a wonderful voice! :D

Last edited:
    Years
  • You heared me???? Thank u so much!! I never thought you were able to hear, since you were with difficulties on opening the page, but anyway, the contest I was participating was another not this one, but, now that you heared me I think I'll continue participating in this contest 2. ;)

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
  • Alexis9000 said:
    You heared me???? Thank u so much!! I never thought you were able to hear, since you were with difficulties on opening the page, but anyway, the contest I was participating was another not this one, but, now that you heared me I think I'll continue participating in this contest 2. ;)

Attaching the song to your post was a good move. I couldn't get to the website you were linking to, so until you attached your song, I couldn't hear you, lol. And as long as they pass you on to the next round, of course you'll be able to continue in this contest. :) But keep in mind that these are just auditions. I have no idea how many people are going to make it to the next round, and to be honest, I don't think the mods know just yet either. :P I think it'll depend on how many participate. All we can do is cross our fingers and wait now! :)

By the way, they did have a two-minute limit on the rules page. If you can, you ought to cut off your song so that it's less than or equal to that. I'd hate for you to get disqualified for not following the rules. :(

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    JigglyPuffIsHott said:
    blueguy, way to upset a already suicidal teen.

Huh? Are you a(n) already suicidal teen, because if you are I'm sorry my post somehow "upset" you? Did you audition or something? It wasn't as if I hated them all, I just found some a little funny. It's like watching American Idol auditions kind of.

If you are feeling depressed, or have thoughts of suicide it would be best to talk with someone about it, or see a psychiatrist. I don?t even remember which was yours, if you auditioned, so don?t feel bad about it.

Shuko said:
    And you don't think that's mean? :( Don't think me ungrateful; I'm flattered that you liked the way I sang my song, but that doesn't mean you should slam the others. It kind of makes me uncomfortable to be complimented when everyone else's audition has been ridiculed all in the same post. :( I wish you'd been a little more tactful, if that was really the way you felt. *sigh* I hope I haven't made you angry with me. I'm just really non-confrontational, you know?

Don't let it get to you, everyone! I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. As long as you give it your all, you can't have any regrets! And besides, this is meant to be fun, anyway. ^_~ I certainly didn't enter expecting to win, and I hope the rest of you feel the same way. For me, it's just a chance to have a little fun with my microphone, and listen to others doing the same thing. We're here to congratulate each other on our bravery, :P not slam one another if we think one person's song is better than someone else's!

No, I don?t think that?s mean. Would you have preferred I listed which select songs I found funny, and embarrassed the owners of such auditions? I wasn?t saying that all of the songs were terrible excluding yours, I was merely pointing out that I liked yours the best. I?m sorry to make you feel uncomfortable (it?s complementing, I think). How about this: I also thought that Amphros23 (now Thomas-san, I believe) was pretty good as well. Do you feel less uncomfortable?

Tactful? I suppose it was rude of me to speak so ambiguously... but I?ll say it again: SOME of the auditions were funny to me, NOT ALL. To be honest, I?m a little perturbed by the way my comment has been taken, so I am a small bit mad at you.

I didn?t mean to hurt anyone?s feelings. But honestly, people, when you post your work, whether it be a fanfic, a sprite, or something else, like these auditions, it will be prone to criticism in varying degrees, from the most high to the most low. If you expose your works to others they have the right of free speech, meaning they can comment on it with any words they wish, as long as it is appropriate to the situation.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
  • blueguy said:
    Huh? Are you a(n) already suicidal teen, because if you are I'm sorry my post somehow "upset" you? Did you audition or something? It wasn't as if I hated them all, I just found some a little funny. It's like watching American Idol auditions kind of.

If you are feeling depressed, or have thoughts of suicide it would be best to talk with someone about it, or see a psychiatrist. I don?t even remember which was yours, if you auditioned, so don?t feel bad about it.

No, I don?t think that?s mean. Would you have preferred I listed which select songs I found funny, and embarrassed the owners of such auditions? I wasn?t saying that all of the songs were terrible excluding yours, I was merely pointing out that I liked yours the best. I?m sorry to make you feel uncomfortable (it?s complementing, I think). How about this: I also thought that Amphros23 (now Thomas-san, I believe) was pretty good as well. Do you feel less uncomfortable?

Tactful? I suppose it was rude of me to speak so ambiguously... but I?ll say it again: SOME of the auditions were funny to me, NOT ALL. To be honest, I?m a little perturbed by the way my comment has been taken, so I am a small bit mad at you.

I didn?t mean to hurt anyone?s feelings. But honestly, people, when you post your work, whether it be a fanfic, a sprite, or something else, like these auditions, it will be prone to criticism in varying degrees, from the most high to the most low. If you expose your works to others they have the right of free speech, meaning they can comment on it with any words they wish, as long as it is appropriate to the situation.

AW, man... I knew that my rebuttal would make you mad at me >_<. Oh well. It's been said and I can't (and wouldn't) un-say it. I was really more referring to the little crack about mine being the only "one in pitch the whole time" though, just to clarify. I just thought it might have been rather harsh, that's all. I apologize for hurting your feelings. :( That really wasn't what I wanted to do.

I can take criticism, but I guess I made too far-reaching an assumption about the others. I just assumed that they'd be offended, and I can see now that I shouldn't have made that kind of assumption on my own. If the others are unhappy with your critique, they can speak for themselves, after all. :( I apologize to everyone, both all the entrants and blueguy. I hope you guys won't dislike me for my mistake.

Years
  • Shuko said:
    Well, I didn't like the song I had on there originally, so I changed mine. And this one's going to have to stay. Anyone want to be brutally honest and tell me how bad it sucked?

0_o For someone with a sore throat, you sure have a strong voice! You've got my vote, BB-kun!

A word to the wise, guys: Make sure you read ALL the rules before the deadline gets here (May 1st). They don't want anything over two minutes long. And the files HAVE to be in mp3 or wav format, with just your voice. Also, for those of you who had some feedback problems with your mike (you know what I mean, that sound your breath makes when it blows on the microphone), you can cut that down by putting a sock over your microphone. It deadens all that unnecessary blowing. I had my mouth less than an inch away from the microphone the whole time, and I had a sock placed loosely over the end. Believe me, it does wonders. It's a neat little trick that flash artists pass along from one to another. :P
    thanks
    I sound to much like a girl should have done it in a lower voice it sounds better XD

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
  • Porygon said:
    Mwar, maybe I'll do something for this. Thing is? which song? *practices Stay in Shadow*

o_o; *jaw drops* Could I ask who that song's by? Do you mean by Finger Eleven? =O THAT SONG RULES XD

Back