• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?Community 2005 .::. Singing Contest

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    latias_1994 said:
    Are you allowed to sing a song in another language? i want to sing a Swedish song o.o
    IMO, you could, but just make it sound like a song. =3

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Rap is spoken word. It has no tune whatsoever. All rap is, is talking with a rhythm. Just accept it and move on.

Other languages are fine. It's the quality of the voice that matters... ^_^

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
  • Yaaay! I'ma sing some JPop, baby! Look out, world; worst ever singing voice, comin' atcha!

Just outta curiosity, you aren't going to be flaming people whose voices are crap, are ya? I wanna enter for fun; I'm not going to win (it's as simple as that) but I want to believe that others are going to be doing the same. So if I do enter and end up being the worst one eva (which is quite possible) I won't be banned from future vocal endeavors, will I? :(

*Edit* I know that debate on this topic is probably irrelevant, but I wanna add my two cents anyway. As far as rap goes, I'm a fan of some of it, but I'd have to agree on this one. I think it would be unfair to judge rap with the same standards as singing or pop music. In some ways, there's more to rap than there is to singing, and in other ways, there's more to singing. If rap was going to be incorporated into the contest, I think it would have to get its own category.

Now, if I had to ban a genre of music (if it were my contest, o' course) I'd certainly kick out anything Polka. >_< after 23 years of having to listen to that stuff in my house, I can honestly say that it's the ONLY kind of music I just can't stand. It's so bad, I'm beginning to develop homicidal tendencies whenever I hear an accordion. :/

Last edited:

Miyu-chan

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Is it alright to sing a Christian song? Just wondering.
    Well, even though there's nothing about it in the rules, probablly yes, but I encourage you to refrain from doing so. o.o; But its your choice.

*summons others* x.o; Help! xD;

Just outta curiosity, you aren't going to be flaming people whose voices are crap, are ya? I wanna enter for fun; I'm not going to win (it's as simple as that) but I want to believe that others are going to be doing the same. So if I do enter and end up being the worst one eva (which is quite possible) I won't be banned from future vocal endeavors, will I? :(
    Of course not! =3 Well, I try to be as nice as possible, and I'm not harsh... I think... You're encouraged to join all events PC holds. =3

If it makes you feel better... I don't sing like a idol either. xD

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
  • Squeeeee!!! Amphros23 and Baby_Azurill are mah faves so far! >_< I can't decide between the two! And we gots lotsa other talent around here too! This is gonna be sweeeet!

Hey, how many singers are going to get past the auditions? I'm just wondering... I hope it's a lot. >3 I can't help wanting to make a song with accompaniment, lol. Stupid skewed expectations... But with all the awesome talent around here, I don't have much chance. :(

It bites that we only have nine so far, tho. We need to get more people to post their songs. :) I wish I knew some people's singing talents. This is the first time I've ever really read one of the Announcements posts before. *ducks away from the mods' projectiles*

I do have another question, now that I think about it. I'm really not very satisfied with my recording. Am I able to update (i.e. change) it, as long as it's before May 1st? I'm not asking to make multiple entries... just edit the one I already posted.

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
  • .___.
    I was terrible...I know you must all think I suck, and I'm not makin an excuse but I promise I'm 10 times better in real life kay? ;___;

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
  • I can't listen to them again right now, as I'm still at work. ;_; I'll have to check them out again when I get home so that I can review them properly.

If I recall, I liked yours a lot, Mvtm. You just jumped right in there and gave it your all! Plus, I liked the song, and that's always a good thing for me. :)

Emerald_Sky, yours gave me mixed feelings... -_-; On the one hand, you took one of my favorite tunes from OOT, and gave it lyrics I never even knew it had! It left me wondering whether you created them yourself, or if they actually had existed before then. But don't get me wrong; I liked that part about it a lot. I love it when a song introduces me to a concept or concepts that I've never considered before.

But as for the singing itself... I dunno... It was better than my singing, but I couldn't help but wonder if you had chosen a song that was an octave too high for you. I may be thinking of the wrong song here, but I seem to remember that it sounded kind of like you were struggling against those high notes a bit. Although, truth be told, I couldn't have gotten them as high as you did, anyway, lol. Is your singing voice really high? Because I was wondering what that song would sound like if you tried to sing it an octave lower. :) That's really the only way I can sing it myself at least, lol.

Anyway, you two are both a heckuva lot braver than I am. I don't dare ask anyone to listen to mine... at least not yet. I'm still wondering if I should make another recording, and then find a wav to mp3 converter that doesn't insert little hisses and pops at weird places, lol.

Aaron5367

The Legendary Spriter
    Years
  • *pats Eliana and hands Lugia plushie* you sounded good ^^. If I get around to it I may sing, i don't have a voice to be reckoned with... I mean it, it's deadly ^.^;;.

~Aaron~​

Miyu-chan

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Eliana said:
    Well I feel kinda stupid because...I honestly probably sounded horrible...
    No you didn't! O.O;

I'll keep my judging comments to myself though, until it's time... =3 I felt that your accent was too strong, compared to the original though... ('oliday'?) xD

I do have another question, now that I think about it. I'm really not very satisfied with my recording. Am I able to update (i.e. change) it, as long as it's before May 1st? I'm not asking to make multiple entries... just edit the one I already posted.
    Yes, feel free to do that. xD;;;

Back