• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Tower (Information, Discussion, etc - like your neighborhood Ursaring)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I guess I can always take out Weavile with priority and a great canditate that jumps straight into my head is Luke (Special variant w/ Vacuum Wave), would this be a good idea?
    hell yes and aura sphere so by by double teamers

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    yeah i read the guide..the eves were alot different heres the real team...i suggest you change yours to this
    credit goes to tristan_cow

Garchomp @ Choice Band
    Jolly; 252 Atk, 252 Spd; 6 HP
    Sand Veil
    ~ Outrage
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Fire Fang/Aerial Ace/Crunch
    ~ Fire Fang/Aerial Ace/Crunch

Outrage for major STAB. Not much will survive this that doesn't resist a STABed
    Outrage from Garchomp. Earthquake, again for major STAB. The other two are
    basically fillers for more of a variety of types. Start off with outrage,
    switch when confused and then switch back to garchomp when your other pokemon
    faints. Rinse, slather, repeat.

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
    Adamant; 252 Atk, 160 Spd, 92 Def, 6 HP
    Sandstorm
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Crunch
    ~ Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    ~ Earthquake

I personally like stone edge but, it's your choice. Sand Stream works well with
    Garchomp (increases evasion) and focus sash is for those fighting types. After
    you are saved by focus sash against a Lucario, dragon dance then you should be
    able to outspeed it to get another attack in.

Milotic @ Leftovers
    Bold; 252 SpD, 160 SpA, 96 Def
    Marvel Scale
    ~ Surf
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Recover
    ~ Mirror Coat

This baby has saved me a bunch of times. It has outlasted many opponents.
    Leftovers neutralizes Tyranitar's sand stream.

Reached 112 battles.

Must I change it? =( It's worked out pretty well so far. What do the extra evs in def do for T-Tar?

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    i use milotic salamence and weavile,dunno evs at the moe(or i just cant be botherd)

salamence@lifeorb
    rash nature
    intimidate
    draco meteor
    fire blast
    brickbreak
    crunch

can do loads of damage to most enemies,is only scared of weavile,garchomp and ice beam nidoqueen.

weavile@chopleberry/scopelens
    adamant nature
    pressure
    icepunch
    nightslash
    brickbreak
    aerial ace

basic full attack weavile,mainly use chopleberry but scope lens really helps night slash score critical hits

milotic@lifeorb
    modest nature
    marvel scale
    hydropump
    icebeam
    hypnosis
    recover

basic/standard milotic

i sometimes use

starmie@expertbelt
    hasty nature
    natural cure
    surf
    icebeam
    psychic
    thunderbolt

best attack starmie,,,,well i think

good aint they.my max chain of wins is a perthetic 45.just as i get a really good chain.
    some one pops up and instantly kills me with a 1 hit KO move

what should i improve and who should i replace.

Years
    Must I change it? =( It's worked out pretty well so far. What do the extra evs in def do for T-Tar?
    well considering your copying a team which got to 112 and you cant pass 70?
    i suggest you use it as it is.extra defence so you can setup way easier and at no risk as you will be gauranteed to survive a hit from various pokes which you wouldnt without the defence.im guessing i dint make the team :p

milotic@lifeorb
    modest nature
    marvel scale
    hydropump
    icebeam
    hypnosis
    recover

basic/standard milotic
    dont give milotic life orb.i suggest leftovers
    +sala is already holding the orb

Zetta-Chan

Shuckle Is A Goofy Goober. :D
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    This team is result of all the BT threads popping around, so I thought I would make one. This team is built to Roar away Double-Team Pokemon and to be able to survive many hits. The team has a defensive edge, but can still be quiet offensive. I need to figure out what I can do to rid it of BT threats, and just scare all Pokemon away. Tell me what I can do to make this team better, so I can have more wins. Unfortunately, this team lost to a Lapras, the Double Team, Rest, Sleep-Talk, Sheer Cold one.

Zetta-Chan's (Cody B's) Battle Tower Team

Battle Tower (Information, Discussion, etc - like your neighborhood Ursaring)Battle Tower (Information, Discussion, etc - like your neighborhood Ursaring)Battle Tower (Information, Discussion, etc - like your neighborhood Ursaring)

Hippowdon @ Choice Band
    Adamant / Sand Stream
    252 HP / 124 Atk / 132 Def
    - Earthquake
    - Roar
    - Stone Edge
    - Crunch

Weezing @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature / Levitate
    252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpA
    - Thunderbolt
    - Fire Blast
    - Pain Split
    - HP [Ice]

Garchomp @ Life Orb
    Jolly Nature / Sand Veil
    252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
    - Swords Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Fang

Years
    This team is result of all the BT threads popping around, so I thought I would make one. This team is built to Roar away Double-Team Pokemon and to be able to survive many hits. The team has a defensive edge, but can still be quiet offensive. I need to figure out what I can do to rid it of BT threats, and just scare all Pokemon away. Tell me what I can do to make this team better, so I can have more wins. Unfortunately, this team lost to a Lapras, the Double Team, Rest, Sleep-Talk, Sheer Cold one.

Zetta-Chan's (Cody B's) Battle Tower Team

Battle Tower (Information, Discussion, etc - like your neighborhood Ursaring)Battle Tower (Information, Discussion, etc - like your neighborhood Ursaring)Battle Tower (Information, Discussion, etc - like your neighborhood Ursaring)

Hippowdon @ Choice Band
    Adamant / Sand Stream
    - Earthquake
    - Roar
    - Stone Edge
    - Crunch

Weezing @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature / Levitate
    - Thunderbolt
    - Fire Blast
    - Pain Split
    - HP [Ice]

Garchomp @ Life Orb
    Jolly Nature / Sand Veil
    252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
    - Swords Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Fang

Alrighty, you honestly need a better strategy. Roar can miss when they use Double Team so you either want to run a Perfect Accuracy move (Aura Sphere, Faint Attack, Shock Wave, Blizzard in Hail, etc) or something to incapacitate them, eg Yawn, Toxic Spikes (Doesn't handle leads). You could run a Yawn/Slack Off/Earthquake/Stone Edge Hippowdon. And unless you run a status absorber, Lum Berry will ensure you get a Yawn out. If you can see you will be OHKOed by a Super-effective move, then switch out.

As for OHKO Moves, you could always run Forretress/Skarmory over Weezing. They have Sturdy, meaning they are immune to OHKO Moves.

As for Sweeping with Garchomp, you really want a free switch in and set up for it to be most effective. You could do this by one of three methods:

~ Encore an Electric/Rock/Fire/Setup move and switch in Garchomp. This would be difficult unless you bait the attack out.

~ Sleep the opponent, giving you a free switch in and setup. The easiest method.

~ Charm/Captivate the opponent to drop their Attack/Sp. Attack. The opponent will not switch giving you the ability to switch in and take little damage.

In most cases, Substitute is more useful than Fire Fang on Garchomp, as Fire Fang only really hits Bronzong and Skarmory. Bronzong is 2HKOd by a +2 Outrage iirc, and Skarmory can just be dealt with by another pokemon. I am seriously questioning Weezing's place on your team. It looks good, though.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    I don't think making Hippow CB is a good idea. Don't want to be locked on Stone Edge or whatever when Lappy comes in and sets up on you. I actually think this Hippowdon set might be better:

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
    Impish/Sand Stream
    252 HP/ 16 Atk/ 152 Def/ 88 Sp. Def

Earthquake
    Roar
    Stealth Rock
    Slack Off/Stone Edge/Crunch

Probly would work better.

Also, consider Black Sludge on Weezing. Is the same as Lefties, but w/e.

EDIT: Beaten out by Archer on the rate, his was probly better.

Years
    Okay, I'm thinking of changing Guns on my team for either ScarfTran for the resistances or NPApe for the ability to sweep properly.

Also, I'm thinking of running a Yawn/Faint Attack/Wish/Toxic Umbreon over Capt. Slow. As it provides a more sturdy wall and Wish/Toxic Support. I'm not terribly keen to remove either pokemon, as I've grown attached to Guns and Capt. Slow.

Original Team

Opinions? I'd like to see if any of the more experienced members with the BT can give me their advice here, as I can't decide.

Last edited:
    Years

Hippowdon @ Choice Band
    Adamant / Sand Stream
    - Earthquake
    - Roar
    - Stone Edge
    - Crunch

Weezing @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature / Levitate
    - Thunderbolt
    - Fire Blast
    - Pain Split
    - HP [Ice]

Garchomp @ Life Orb
    Jolly Nature / Sand Veil
    252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
    - Swords Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Fang
    this team needs major help and i have the time to give it :)
    firstly!give hippo leftys choice band aint worth the switches!so you can phaze + damage
    ice fang>stone edge
    yawn>crunch
    you could always go for slack off instead of yawn for survivability
    give weezing black sludge for recovery since hippo got leftys
    otherwise he looks ok
    and finally chomp
    give him lum berry/yache berry
    and sub>fire fang if you give hippo yawn!!
    hope this helps your team reach greater streaks
    p.s: sub helps against ohko moves!

edit:to archer..i say keep guns and change capt.slow.but thats just me

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    well considering your copying a team which got to 112 and you cant pass 70?
    i suggest you use it as it is.extra defence so you can setup way easier and at no risk as you will be gauranteed to survive a hit from various pokes which you wouldnt without the defence.im guessing i dint make the team :p

dont give milotic life orb.i suggest leftovers
    +sala is already holding the orb

oh yeh DOH.i do use leftovers but for some dumb reason i wrote life orb.im now changing sala for da chomper

chomper@lifeorb (woohoo got it right this time)
    intimidate
    adamant nature
    252atk 252spe 6HP
    dragonclaw
    earthquake
    crunch
    swords dance/???????

might replace swords dance with somethin.ill edit soon

Years
    oh yeh DOH.i do use leftovers but for some dumb reason i wrote life orb.im now changing sala for da chomper

chomper@lifeorb (woohoo got it right this time)
    intimidate
    adamant nature
    252atk 252spe 6HP
    dragonclaw
    earthquake
    crunch
    swords dance/???????

might replace swords dance with somethin.ill edit soon

I've found the most effective set to be:
    Garchomp @ Yache Berry
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
    Swords Dance
    Substitute
    Outrage
    Earthquake

Sub blocks status and with Yache Berry, gives you some survival. Either way, Jolly is a must, as it lets you outspeed any +Spd base 100-95s. The power loss is minimal after a SD. The extra turn you may last with the Yache Berry can mean an extra SD, so a +2 boost beats a 1.3x boost. Crunch is rather useless, as it is walled by Steels, which wall your main STAB.

EDIT: Yay, first post on the second page. Until a post grows and kicks another onto this page :D

Last edited:

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    about how much damage would a maxed ev'd garchomps life orb boosted earthquake do to palmers regigias.oh yeh the garchomp has 171 attack

Years
    Um, your Garchomp has a Atk IV of 10?
    Anyway.....
    252Atk Jolly Life Orb Chomp's Earthquake does 36.41- 42.86% to 252 HP Neutral Nature Regigigas.
    SD Outrage (31 Atk IV) does 70-83%. Without Life Orb, +2 EQ is a solid 2HKO on Regigigas. "Rebreed for SD Chomp w/ 31 Atk/Spd IVs" time?

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    huh; his evs are
    hp 30
    atk 31
    def 24
    spA 6
    spD 4
    spe 30

could i have a set for magnazone,i might use it for multi battles,and he has about 130 base attack.thanx.guchomp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Years
    huh; his evs are
    hp 30
    atk 31
    def 24
    spA 6
    spD 4
    spe 30

could i have a set for magnazone,i might use it for multi battles,and he has about 130 base attack.thanx.guchomp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Um, you said it had 171 Atk. Jolly Garchomp with 252 Atk EVs and 31 IVs should have 182 Atk. You might want to check it's IVs again...

Also, you shouldn't be running Magnezone and Garchomp on a Doubles Team. Unless you intend to Magnet Rise on the First turn, while Garchomp SDs, which will not always be an option. Most Electrics require Hidden Power breeding to be effective, so you'd need to be prepared for that.

On that note, I'd like everyone to re-evaluate my team:
    Sleep and Sweep

Summary
    This is my current Battle Tower Team. As the name suggests, it works on the strategy of setting up while the opponent is sleeping. Well, I want a reliable team, so it can take a hit or two and not be haxed to death by a single critical hit. At the same time, it can't be stall-ish enough to let the opponent set up 6 Double Teams. I have gotten rather attached to Magmortar, which is the signature team member. Here goes...

Overview
    __

In-Detail

Sabbath
    Umbreon @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Synchronise
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 SDef
    Yawn
    Faint Attack
    Wish
    Toxic​

It is mainly used to get a Yawn down, giving Chomp a free switch in. For the record, I heard about the Yawn strategy from BeachBoy, although the Yawn Teams originated from a Smogon member by the name of FastHippo. It's a good strategy on his part. Faint Attack hits Ghosts that like to DT (or anything for that matter. I'll sleep them and Faint Attack away.) Wish could provide support for the rest of the Team, so if all goes to plan, I can Yawn, Wish and Switch to make sure that if, by some small chance, they wake up on the switch in, Chomp still retains most of his health. The last slot lets me shut down anything I can't sleep.

GameShark
    Garchomp @ Yache Berry
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
    Swords Dance
    Substitute
    Outrage
    Earthquake

Bread and butter sweeper of the Battle Tower. Insanely over-powerful, so it's only fair to abuse it's availability. :D This set is great for the battle tower, it avoids status and can scout attacks. Yache Berry is usually more effective than a Persim or Lum, as you have usually KO'd at least two pokemon before the confusion sets in. It's a safeguard. For the Record, Outrage 2HKOs Bronzong. Besides, Any Steels or faster Dragons can be revenged by Magmortar.

Revolver
    Infernape @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Blaze
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    EVs: 4HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
    Flamethrower
    Nasty Plot
    Focus Blast
    Grass Knot/HP Ice

I've replaced Magmortar with Infernape. This Nasty Plot variant is deadly after a Nasty Plot, OHKOing almost anything it sees. When it gets passed a Sub, it can't be 2HKOd. Not a terrible lot to say here; It can cover anything Garchomp can't and it hits from the other end of the spectrum.

So that's it. I'm open to suggestions, but not keen to make huge changes. Rate!

Explanation of Names - For the Curious
    (Old and New)
    Captain Slow- A reference to Top Gear (BBC Car Show) Host James "Capt Slow" May. And because, you know, Slowbro's not exactly fast...
    GameShark - An outdated Cheat System that was common in the GBA era. Well, he's a Shark, in a game. :D
    Guns - A split reference to the cannon-arms on the Pt Sprite and my Favourite Band: Guns 'N Roses.
    Sabbath - Another band reference, this time to Black Sabbath. That wouldn't fit, but Umbreon is black, so... Plus it's a cool name on it's own.
    Revolver - A Replacement for "Guns", so it's appropriate. Velvet Revolver is also another band.​

Last edited:
    Years
    which is a better lead in the battle tower..?
    azelf@focus sash
    252sp.att/252speed/6hp
    bashful(nature i got : ( )
    nasty plot
    psychic
    flamethrower
    explosion(BOOM!!)

nasty plot and sweep..explosion for when azelf is about to lose the will to fight!

or

jynx@focus sash
    252sp.att/252speed/6sp.def
    timid
    counter(die physical attackers)
    psychic
    ice beam
    lovely kiss

sleep and sweep
    counter for physical attackers..and if im confident...sleep and setup the other poke on my team!!looks solid!
    it has 40 def with 0 ivs so definite ko on other poke
    and 161 speed with timid and 252speed with 31 ivs so it can outrun quite a bit of stuff!
    everytime i look..my heart goes to jynx but azelf looks like it can do damage!which on should i use?

Last edited:

otaku-dono

Merkabah
    Years
    I am still in the process of making this team. Stupid laziness. >_>

Starmie @Expert Belt
    Timid Nature
    252 Speed, 252 Sp.A, 4 HP
    - Surf
    - Psychic
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt

Pretty much owns leads with super effective hits. Meh, not much to say.

Weavile @Focus Sash
    Jolly Nature
    252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    - Swords Dance
    - Night Slash
    - Ice Punch
    - Brick Break

Again, simple. Focus Sash to live, Swords Dance for the set up and then just sweep.

Dusknoir @Leftovers
    Careful Nature
    252 HP, 128 Defense, 128 Sp.D
    - Pain Split
    - Will-o-wisp
    - Shadow Punch
    - Fire Punch/Ice Punch (not sure which)

The more defensive one in the team. Pain Split for healing, Will-o-wisp to take care of physical sweepers and add that little bit more damage. Shadow Punch for STAB, and Fire Punch or Ice Punch. Probably Fire Punch though, since Weavile can Ice Punch better.

Years
    Dusknoir @Leftovers
    Careful Nature
    252 HP, 128 Defense, 128 Sp.D
    - Pain Split
    - Will-o-wisp
    - Shadow Punch
    - Fire Punch/Ice Punch (not sure which)
    i suggest fire punch
    shadow sneak >>>>>>>shadow punch..you need a priority move which you dont have!

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    POST MY "DRAFT" TIME NOW. :D

The Crippling Massacre

Introduction

Ever since I created my very successful UGS Battle Tower Team, which was utilizing Yawn to render the opponent useless 'n' allow my sweepers to go to town like a lil' kid with $500 to spend, I've been thinking endlessly of other teams. Even getting some other people, like Archer, to try the strategy out. And I'm assuming he's been doing well with it, now that I'm back from my Leave of Absence. I've also got another team up my sleeve, and plenty of other Yawn leads I'm just watering at the mouth to try, but I prefer to keep my cards faced down. And ahaha, Archer is using Umbreon. XD I guess great minds think alike, goes to show how one can mold a Pocket Monster to their style & team, interesting how vastly different yet similar ours are, to say the least. And thanks for keeping this thread alive guys, I was afraid it'd be swept by the wave of RMT threads.

And by the way, this strategy isn't mine. And if there's anyone that has mastered it, it's FastHippo. Basically everything in the tower about the Yawn Strategy I've learned from him, be it indirectly or directly. Helped me after I lost the first time and others. He's like a teacher to me, and I should definitely credit him much more, apparently. So again, this isn't my strategy or anything like that, I've learned how to use it from him.

• Corona :: Umbreon
      • a disk of light surrounding the sun or moon; this is a result of the diffraction of light by small water droplets.
    • Item: Focus Sash
    • Ability: Synchronize
    • Nature: Calm (+ Special Defense, - Attack)
    • EVs: 252 HP | 252 Special Defense | 6 Defense
    • Move Set ;
      • Yawn: The staple of the strategy, a two-turn never-miss sleep status move. Very important! Reason being because you can't usually afford to miss in the incredibly common hax Battle Tower. Once rendered useless by the sleep, Umbreon can cripple their attack with Charm, or dash flash in their face to lower their accuracy. By the time they wake up, they can barely touch Corona or my sweepers, and then I'm free to release the flood gates for Garchomp or Gyarados to sweep.
      • Wish / Substitute / Something else: Providing even more team support and recovery to Umbreon. Can prolong the toying around with the opponent when I go Umbreon 'n' Gyarados while switching forever, haha. Substitute to avoid Sand-Attackers that will continuously hit me with it after the sub is up. I dunno about this slot, eh.
      • Charm: Uxie provided defense buffers in the forms of screens; Umbreon, on the other hand, cripples the opponent 'n' gives my sweepers more opportunity to set up. Lowering the opponent's attack by two stages is just as cold as a slap to the face. Charm also basically picks up the slack on the defense stat. (And the reason why I EVd it the way I did) Umbreon's HP at Lv. 50 is damn good, at 202, so it can take a hit on the physical spectrum and Charm them into submission. Really nothing can touch me at 2/8 attack. And Clear Bodies? Well, Garchomp rampages through 4 of them with Earthquake, and Regice really isn't a "problem."
      • Flash: Umbreon can't exactly cripple like Charm on the special side, but really, it doesn't have to with 202 HP & 200 Special Defense. Flash is also key in making inaccurate moves like Focus Blast miss even more. Depleting the chances of hitting me down to 3/9 accuracy is plenty to properly set up sweepers.
    Description: Talk about an incredible sponge, with 202 HP & 200 Special Defense coupled with an intimidating Gyarados to tickle off the weaknesses, the two are perfectly fit for each other. Also being the one Pocket Monster that isn't Psychic that can have the ability, Synchronize. Synchronize is awesome because it's a basic "screw you" to opposing Pocket Monsters that try to paralyze or burn Umbreon, so I just pass it back. :D And if it's before Yawn, I'm okay with that, because I'll still sweep a crippled opponent paralyzed. Sure, Yawn would be better than burn, but in the situation of facing a status-giving Lum Berry Pocket Monster, this ability can flick the berry off for Yawn to activate the next turn, which is great; however that's very circumstantial.

One of the problem Pocket Monsters for this team is Starmie, specifically Starmie 3 which has Ice Beam 'n' Thunderbolt. Well, my previous team would struggle, but Umbreon? 5HKO. That's the best Starmie 3 can muster with STAB Surf, yup, you heard right, 5HKO. (Regice's Ice Beam also takes a 5HKO to put Corona to sleep - 20.79% - 24.26%) More than enough time to cripple the hell out of it. Even Max Special Attack Lucario (which needs a 16% chance for the + nature) only has a 71% chance to 2HKO, 47.52% - 56.44%, and I'd say that's impressive. If I give Umbreon leftovers, it'll be a 16% chance, wow. And every other Lucario does seriously LOL damage to Umbreon. By that I mean, Luke 3 only does 25.25% - 30.20% with Stone Edge. (best attack in it's moveset) and that's just begging for Garchomp to sweep. And if it's Charmed? Well, 13% damage as an average, and 28% for a crit is quite poor. And Lucario 2 has less than a 50% chance to 2HKO with Force Palm, and even then, if it paralyzes me, I pass that status to it. Another Garchomp ready-to-sweep moment. :D Max Attack Metagross' Meteor Mash only has a 7% chance (43.56% - 51.98%) to 2HKO me, outside of crit or attack increase, and even then, Garchomp says hi. =D If it's Metagross 3, Hammer Arm averages 63% damage, 2HKO, but I get off Yawn for Jet Stream.

Machamp 4's Dynamic Punch (has a choice scarf, along with a 50% chance of having the wrong nature) does murderous damage, but I can Yawn thanks to Focus Sash. And even then, if it doesn't have the proper ability, I can have fun setting up. Plus, Gyarados can laugh at it later. All the other Machamp are outsped and completely shut down by Charm, not even funny really. None carry Close Combat, either. (4 has Dynamic, 3 has Brick Break, 2 has... Rock Smash, ahaha, and 1 has Revenge) Heracross 4 is another murder damage "problem" but Gyarados can buffer it with Intimidate. (Megahorn, Revenge, EQ) Max Atk Megahorn to BulkyGara 20.53% - 24.21%, neutral nature does 18.95% - 22.11% to Gyarados.

Heracross 3 is a problem though, because it has Stone Edge. The gameplan vs. that is Yawn, survive with Sash, die, it sleeps, set up and sweep. Which is perfectly fine with me. And basically that's how I play other Fighters that cause problems, Yawn with a Sash-save, die to sleep, then sweep. Pretty darn easy. Weavile's Brick Break only does 38.61% - 45.54%.

How about Lapras 4? Which has a Rain Dance Thunder to use 'n' Dragon Pulse? Well, Hydro Pump can't even 2HKO Umbreon in Rain, and without Rain... well, 4HKO isn't saying much. What about Latios / Latias? I got a feeling people might ask this, seeing as it's one of the rare dragon-types that can outspeed me. Well, Max Special Attack Latios' Draco Meteor (which, again, needs a 16% for a plus nature) does 42.08% on average, with the drop doing around 21%. So, I'd definitely Yawn, because one has a White Herb, but still, hahaha. And using that up while also getting it asleep means... that's right! SWEEP! 8D; As for Latias, neutral nature (68%) Draco Meteor doesn't even 3HKO, lawl. And Max Latias 3 only musters 22.77% - 27.23% with Dragon Pulse. :) And as for Bug-type weakness, well, the sweepers can handle that, also bashing Scizor 'n' friends.

Here's another stat for ya, Max Pory-Z 4 Tri-Attack does 23.76% - 28. Want an even funnier special attack calc? Specs Max Gardevoir 4 Thunderbolt does 25.74% - 30.69%. Not even a 3HKO. Not impressed yet? Neutral nature (68%) Gengar 3's Focus Blast only does 41.58% - 49.50%, not even a 2HKO. And even Max Alakazam 4 only has a 66% chance to 2HKO with Focus Blast. Neutral nature Typhlosion 4 (White Herb - Eruption) only does 34.16% - 40.59%. So in short, Umbreon is a fantastic special sponge, and Gyarados can pick up on the physical end.

• Jet Stream :: Garchomp
      • Strong winds concentrated within a narrow band in the upper atmosphere. It normally refers to horizontal, high-altitude winds. The jet stream often "steers" surface features such as front and low pressure systems.
    • Item: Lum Berry
    • Ability: Sand Veil
    • Nature: Jolly (+ Speed, - Special Attack)
    • EVs: 252 Attack | 252 Speed | 6 HP
    • Move Set ;
      • Swords Dance: Skyrocketing Garchomp's attack by two stages, allowing it to sweep til' the female Snorlax sings.
      • Substitute: Screw Fire Fang when I can avoid a lot of troublesome situations. Substitute avoids pesky status, stat-drops like annoying sand-attack users; helps when facing Focus Sash, Brightpowder, and Quick Claw attackers. Substitute and set up even more, avoid disasters like exploding Pocket Monsters as well. Substitute also releases that supposed "stress" of Outraging.
      • Outrage: 120 Base power STAB move coming off of 182 Attack? Deadly, not a lot can take hits from this.
      • Earthquake: Outside of 15 Tier Four steel-type Pocket Monsters that can appear, 12 can be hit super-effective by Earthquake. And yeah, I'm not afraid of Skarmory, Scizor, & Forretress THAT much either, whom can carry fire-type-resistant berries. (As for Bronzong, he's got 50% chance to be hit by EQ, and an 87% chance to be 2HKOd by Outrage) Outside of steel-typing, Garchomp absolutely destroys everything else, honestly.
    Description: The best Battle Tower Garchomp set. Period. Fire Fang? Sorry, no, I'm not scared of steel-type Pocket Monsters at all. :) When Outrage 2HKOs Bronzong and numerous other steel-types, I'll "take my chances." Substitute can ease so many problems 'n' allow Garchomp the peace of mind that it can attack another turn, like Umbreon's Focus Sash... sorta. Garchomp's speed hits 169, which is pretty fast in the tower, nothing too insane though, but it gets the job done. But if you want to talk about insane, think of a Garchomp able to set up three swords dances against a crippled opponent that can't even break a sub, yes, that my friend... is insane.[FONT=&quot]

Lum berry helps to ensure four turns of Outrage, which, in my experiences with the tower, have proven very useful. But again, not much can take repeated Outrages, and if so, they'll be so banged up by the time Garchomp dies that Gyarados can finish them off. :D The power of the Yawn + Garchomp is absolutely ridiculous, learning that from FastHippo, who's had extreme success with it at 314.

Everything else is pretty self-explanatory for this Jet Shark.
    [/FONT]

• Flood :: Gyarados
      • A condition that occurs when water overflows the natural or artificial confines of a stream or river; the water also may accumulate by drainage over low-lying areas.
    • Item: Leftovers
    • Ability: Intimidate
    • Nature: Adamant (+ Attack, - Special Attack)
    • EVs: 156 HP | 108 Atk | 100 Def | 144 Spe
    • Move Set ;
      • Dragon Dance: Helping Gyarados sweep with plus one in attack & speed. Able to outspeed everything in the Battle Tower after two DDs. (If I did my math correctly)
      • Taunt: Shutting down Pocket Monsters like Skarmory is a valuable asset to this team.
      • Waterfall: The main attack that's obviously here for STAB, and possible flinch rate.
      • Stone Edge: I'm really going to hate missing in the Battle Tower, but water/rock is superb coverage. Earthquake could be an option though, I suppose.
    Description: Gyarados was placed here for two main reasons: its resistances, and its ability. In my previous team, switching didn't exactly do anything, but on this team, it very well can be a factor. Toying around with Thunderbolts directed at this leviathan and switching to Chomp, switching back to Dos when the Crunch comes, etc. Effectively rendering the opponent useless until one of the sweepers can sweep. Resists Fighting ½×, and Bug-type attacks ½×. (Umbreon's weaknesses) Along with Garchomp helping out by being immune to its 4× weakness, Electric, and resisting its weakness to Rock. This slot 'n' set really is up in the air though. D:

You can tell I get tired of writing, so this is where I'll stop. :x Questions, concerns, suggestions? I'd be glad to reply.

Last edited:
    Years
    looks solid
    i like..i might even steal : )..na.jynx does fine for me
    anyways..y doesnt gyara have EQ..it is the first choice on gyara sets.i am not sure but doesnt water/ground cover more than water/rock?

now for my newly created lead : )

name: jynx
    item:focus sash
    nature:timid(+speed ; -attack)
    ability:forewarn
    evs:252 speed/252 sp.att/6 sp.def
    move set;
    counter:free kill against any physical leads
    ice beam:stab
    psychic:stab again
    lovely kiss:sleep what i cant counter

Description:counter any physical attackers..forewarn helps you to know wether it is physical or special..if you cant counter and is facing a special sweeper the kiss them goodnight and let one of you other two pokemon in to setup and sweep.if you can ko the first poke like a dragon or a fighter then do so.if it is a 2ko.sleep and kill.main idea is to kill the lead or sleep it.then let your other pokemon in to setup or sweep.(what it has over gengar:forworn and lovely kiss which is more reliable then hypnosis!)

suggestions,comments,critic all accepted.moment i get a heart scale.i will start my streak with this wonderful lady.any suggestions on what the other 2 pokes should be?currently:subdance chomp and subdance scizor with quick attack and aa (tecnition) as i dont have platinum.

edit:thinking of steeling that gyra but then starmie gives me problems : ( and i dont like relying to much on sleep!
    and i forgot to add with so many weaknesses it will go to one hp and counter.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back