• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Tower (Information, Discussion, etc - like your neighborhood Ursaring)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years

Battle Tower

Members here at PokéCommunity, can look all 'round, but never find a thread dealing with one of the major post-elite-four challenges, the Battle Tower. We've had a few of you even post threads (only to end up rejected D:) and crammed over into the Request a Team. Members have indeed been nagging me to get a "BT Post Your Team" thread going, so after being barked at to the core, I'm finally here to present the all 'n' one Battle Tower thread. What's the going to accomplish? Well, it'll provide more organization from the Request a Team thread, and give members a place to share those hax stories and share teams, ideas & concepts, ask for help, etc. The overall design of this thread comes from the Battle Tower Records thread on Smogon. (So major credit goes to Peterko, Jumpman16, and Team Rocket Elite) When we thought this thread up, we really wanted to deliver it all to you guys, and couldn't find a better way, this is why it's more or less carbon copy of Smogon's. It's incredible, and we can't thank them enough.

Important Links & Notes

DP Battle Tower Movesets
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    https://mewn.psupedia.info/Pokemon/BTMovesets.htm
    https://wcoceania.bravehost.com/Battl...r%20Table.html
    https://133780x.argentosonline.com/BattleTowerStats.html
    https://www.upokecenter.com/games/dp/...btpokemon.html
    https://www.psypokes.com/dp/battletower_teams.php?id=223

Other useful links
    DP Battle Tower Speed Tiers

DP Battle Tower Trainers above battle 49 (thanks to Team Rocket Elite)

DP Battle Tower Trainers above battle 49 and their Pokémon (A rewritten list of Peteko's so it lists actual Pokémon and their sets)

Notes
    Note from Jumpman that "the natures/speeds listed in these links reflect the misconception that natures are predetermined, like the moves, items, EV spreads. They, indeed, are not. Natures, like Abilities, are assigned randomly. For example, the three Weavile that the first (mewn) link states are Jolly could actually be Bold or Sassy or Gentle when you face them. Likewise, your 31 IV max speed Timid Gengar may not outspeed the Rain Dance Starmie that that link lists as Modest, as it could be Timid itself or even Hasty or Naive. There is, therefore, a 16% chance that an AI poke's stat is a beneficial Nature, and the same 16% chance it's hindering. Account for this randomness accordingly."
    ---
    And from Peteko: after battle 49 you will face 100 trainers, out of which 80 use flawless IV (perfect) Pokémon and 20 (the following list) use 21 IV Pokémon (which means around 5 point lower stats at lv.50):
    - Camper Justyn & Camper Leland
    - Cowgirl Margot & Cowgirl Sophie
    - Guitarist Markell & Guitarist Marquez
    - Idol Claudia & Idol Maranda
    - Picnicker Kyra & Picnicker Serena
    - Pokéfan Carley, Pokéfan Selina, Pokéfan Cecil & Pokéfan Ted
    - PKMN Breeder Emilee, PKMN Breeder Tiffani, PKMN Breeder Blair & PKMN Breeder Harvey
    - Rancher Alton & Rancher Kellen

Records

Please state clearly how many wins in a row you achieved and what team (including movesets, EVs and items) you used.

Please post a pic of your ingame screen record as proof if your record is above 200 in the single tower and enough to be TOP 3 otherwise.
    [ Small notes: "~" means a non-finished streak. Bold and italics means it included Platinum Tradebacks. ]

DP Battle Tower Single Records

1. BeachBoy ( 164 ) Uxie, Garchomp, Scizor
    2. Dark_Azelf ( 148 ) Rotom, Lucario, Latios ; ( 109 ) Typhlosion, Garchomp, Suicune
    3. Angelix Diablo (112) Hippowdon, Garchomp, Lucario
    4. Zetta-Chan ( 109 ) Mespirit, Garchomp, Lucario
    5. dark_seeker ( 108 ) Gengar, Garchomp, Cresselia
    6. Canadian Dirt ( 104 ) Scizor, Azelf, Umbreon
    7. ABYAY ( 100 ) Salamence, Swampert, Lucario
    8. DunderMifflinite ( 68 ) Garchomp, Tyranitar, Milotic
    Remember, this is the place you can ask for help with Battle Tower teams 'n' such as well. I'll post my team 'n' all that jazz later once we develop this thread. Gogogo!

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Well ill post my team

Typhlosion@Choice Scarf
    252 SP.ATT /252 SPEED/ 6 HP
    Modest Nature
    - Hidden power Ice
    - Eruption
    - Lava Plume
    - Focus Blast

Well i originally had Focus Punch >> Blast with a Mild Nature, but meh i found it rather useless and focus blast does more net damage anyways. Regardless scarf Eruption is really cheap and it usually takes out the first 2 pokes anyway. Lava Plume is for burning stuff and for once Eruption powers down if i get hit etc and hp ice is for dragons, coverage and what not.

Garchomp@Life Orb
    252 ATT / 252 SPEED /6 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fire Fang
    - Earthquake

Bread and butter Garchomp, do i need to say what this does ? =/ It clears up late game once phlosion has ripped through stuff.

Suicune@Leftovers
    252 HP / 104 SP.ATT / 152 SPEED
    Modest Nature
    - Substitute
    - Calm Mind
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf

As you can tell, this team has trouble with bulky waters....well not now, since this sets up on them =] and sweeps so easilly its unreal.

This team got me to 109 won in singles and i failed against (ill post proof later if i can)

Code:
    602 	Lapras 	Calm 	Leppa Berry 	Sheer Cold 	Sleep Talk 	Rest 	Double Team 	HP/Def/Sp. Def

=/

Speaking of which, in theory this team has trouble with lapras (dd versions etc), but i actually outplayed most of them since typhlosion rips them a new one. Just hax-ness Lapras broke me T_T

Rate would be nice =p ? lol

AND

Spoiler:

Last edited:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    First team;

Overkill on Typhosion's speed, you only need 142 speed with a Choice Scarf to outspeed everything. SO pump those EVs into HP. Secondly, it seems Quick Claw users are annoying for it. QC Gliscor and Rhydon won't be fun, bar Cune can handle um. Quick Claw Stat ups in general might be problematic, but I think if you hit hard and fast before they set up you can get it.

Garchomp wants Lum Berry, Substitute, (> Fire Fang), and Outrage. As I told you, being locked really doesn't matter. Garchomp can sweep entire teams at +2, and lum helps Outrage live longer. If it doesn't OHKO it'll 2HKO. Substitute also offers help in terms of Focus Sash, Quick Claw, and Brightpowder. Hell, Outrage 2HKO's Battle Tower Bronzong. And you don't have to worry about Skarm thanks to Ty. You don't need the Life Orb power really, and sub will offer plenty of oppurtunity against stat low(ers?).

Second ;

Much more solid. But relying on that sleep, with chance of a miss, you'll have a lot of battles were you may struggle due to that. But it's solid for the most part, but Encore is more of a staple, so I wouldn't change it. And eh, I'd keep agility. Although yeah, Weavile 4 would be problematic. :/ Maybe you could make Luke a CMSub Variant? With a Salac boost it'll outspeed everything, but eh, that won't completely remedy the Weavile problem.

Years
    Well, I might as well post my team, just for the sake of it.
    LandMaster (Drapion) @ Black Sludge
    Bold, Battle Armour
    252 Defence 252 Sp Defence and 4 to HP.
    Night Slash
    Whirlwind
    Toxic Spikes
    Rest (I am considering replacing this with Earthquake).

This, is my lead. It's fairly fast and T. Spikes really cripple some of the stronger teams.
    Night Slash over Crunch because I'd rather lack a base 10 power than have a good crit chance.
    This is also my insurance for that annoying Dusclops toxi-staller(you know the one- with double team, toxic, protect and confuse ray, holding leftovers)

Hellraiser (Ursaring) @ Toxic Orb
    Jolly, Quick Feet
    252 Speed and 252 attack. I lost track where the other four evs went. Oh well.
    Facade
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Close Combat (am considering replacing this)

Now Garchomp is something but Ursaring is quite another. I love Ursaring. I was considering getting a Guts adamant one, and conjuring a Trick Room team for sweeping support but that would make it too hard to switch in (it would need a really bulky subpass which would take up my final slot).

Last Slot: Blank!
    I usually use one of my random trusty pokemanz for this slot (you know, the ones you use to beat the single player part of the game) and is open for suggestions.

This team works quite well alot of the time. Not much for competitive battling, but still, I love my Drap and 'Ring.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Ancient team here, but hey, it let me hit a solid 100 on the single battle tower.

Salamence@Choice Specs
    Modest
    252sp.atk/252spd/6HP

Draco Meteor
    Dragon Pulse
    Flamethrower
    Hydro Pump

Standard SpecsMence. Starts off the match against slower foes, Draco Meteors for a OHKO 95% of the time...if it hits. Usually after this assault, they'll bring in something with a Rock attack (I've seen it more often than an Ice attack actually)

Swampert@Leftovers
    Relaxed
    240HP/216def/52sp.atk

Earthquake
    Hydro Pump
    Ice Beam
    Roar

Roar in the battle tower isn't a great idea. I'll tell you that now, BUT...at least it helped me against a Double Team Blissey and other Double Teamers several times.

Lucario@Focus Sash
    Adamant
    252atk/252speed/6HP

Swords Dance
    Close Combat
    E.Speed
    Crunch

Again, extremely standard. Focus Sash because I could guarantee an SD since Stealth Rock is so dang rare. (Most SR/Spikes leads are decimated by Sala anyway.) At some points, I could get 2 SDs easily using advantage over the cpu's common situations (CM when unable to nearly OHKO, etc.), anyway, very fun to use and destroy teams with, and setting up was pretty easy.)

So yeah, that's all I have to say. Major hax screwed me over in one part, thus messing up my streak. I haven't tried since then, so yeah.

Note: This is a D/P team. I do not have Platinum.

Other Note: Sky, Facade doesn't activate in sleep; only on Burn/Poison/Paralysis.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    My friend asked me to post his team, since he doesn't want to register and post. I don't know anything about the Battle Tower, so whatever criticism you have, be blunt and fierce. I'll deliver it to my friend =D

Gyarados @ Wacan Berry
    Adamant
    72 HP/252 Att/184 Spe
    Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Earthquake
    Ice Fang

I'm assuming this is a lead because of Intimidate? It's a non-LOer since he claims that living Tbolts is more important, so whatever. He says it's the team's MVP. Heh, go figure.

Medicham @ Leftovers
    Adamant
    252 Att/252 Spe/6 HP
    Substitute
    Focus Punch
    Ice Punch
    ThunderPunch

I tried to get him to use Breloom, but he insists his Medicham is better than any Shroomish he bred. I asked him if he considered CB Medicham, and he said no since Medicham's defenses suck (so does a lack of offensive item).

Vaporeon @ Choice Specs
    Modest
    252 HP/252 SpA/6 Def
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    HP Electric
    Wish

Defense against things or some crap. I don't know.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2024
    does this have to be DPPt team cause i dont have that but i could display my PBR team

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    does this have to be DPPt team cause i dont have that but i could display my PBR team
    This isn't for PBR, sorry. This is simply a place to post, show off, or ask for help with D/P or Pt Battle Tower teams.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Ooh I have a question about the Battle Tower.
    After reading these records and peoples teams and especially BeachBoy's battle log on the Battle Tower, I realised there is quite a bit of brains behind the Tower and the battles.
    I am not an expert at this, but with a team of In-game Pokemon (Not EV trained, no chosen natures, no choice items) I was able to rack up like nearly 60 wins. I know that isn't a lot, but without any strategy and or real power in a team I was able to survive quite well.
    Is it really that important to take the Battle Tower to such depths by creating a team of specially trained Pokemon simply for this?

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Ooh I have a question about the Battle Tower.
    After reading these records and peoples teams and especially BeachBoy's battle log on the Battle Tower, I realised there is quite a bit of brains behind the Tower and the battles.
    I am not an expert at this, but with a team of In-game Pokemon (Not EV trained, no chosen natures, no choice items) I was able to rack up like nearly 60 wins. I know that isn't a lot, but without any strategy and or real power in a team I was able to survive quite well.
    Is it really that important to take the Battle Tower to such depths by creating a team of specially trained Pokemon simply for this?
    You've GOT to in order to make much longer streaks. BT doesn't equal competitive play. But correct natures, IVs, and such are necessary. Yes, it does take a lot "simply for this." I mean, I made it to 164, with basically perfection. Cookie cutter Pocket Monsters / strategy can only get you but so far. But to exceed, you need to hit some of the key strategies in the BT. Some very effective ones are...

• Toxic Stalling
    • Trick/cripple lead - sweep
    • Yawn/cripple lead - sweep
    Sure, you may have gotten to 60, I got to 61 without the proper stuff, but it gets harder. So overall, yes, it's important, and molding Pocket Monsters around the Battle Tower is also important. Because, unlike competitive play, you can exploit weaknesses like rarely if ever switching, or being relatively predictable. So you can't mirror Pocket Monsters in competitive play 'n' expect to be very successful in the BT. Not to mention... the Battle Tower has the cheapest ways to make sure you fall. BT can use OHKO, Quick Claw, all kinds of stuff competitive play wouldn't think of (or banned).

Years
    I'll post my Team, I guess. I had to start over, as the game froze up on me :( I was at school, drumming on the edge of the DS and it froze. Not happy. :|

Spoiler:

Anyway, here's my real BT Team, which has yet to make it to a decent number without FREEZING!

Sleep and Sweep

Summary
    After talking with Beachy about his Battle Tower experiences, I've decided to have another go at the Battle Tower. Well, I want a reliable team, so it can take a hit or two and not be haxed to death by a single critical hit. At the same time, it can't be stall-ish enough to let the opponent set up 6 Double Teams. Here goes...

Overview

In-Detail

Captain Slow
    Slowbro @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Own Tempo
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SAtk
    Slack Off
    Yawn
    Surf
    Ice Beam

Slowbro is the newest addition to the team. It can Yawn opponents to shut them down. This not only stops them setting up, but lets me get in the other members for a sweep. The bulk and typing allows for me to deal with threats such as the Floatzel.

GameShark
    Garchomp @ Persim Berry
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
    Swords Dance
    Substitute
    Outrage
    Earthquake

Bread and butter sweeper of the Battle Tower. Insanely over-powerful, so it's only fair to abuse it's availability. :D This set is great for the battle tower, it avoids status and can scout attacks. Lum Berry removes the Confusion from Outrage.

Guns
    Magmortar @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Flame Body
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    EVs: 4HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
    Overheat
    Thunderbolt
    Focus Blast
    HP Ice

Magmortar is used instead of Heatran for two main reasons. Firstly, it's faster. This means I can outrun Neutral Nature Gyarados, Heatran and Dragonite, etc. And still have a +SAtk Nature, giving a chunk more SAtk than Timid Heatran. Also, the in-game AI is likely to switch in a Water-type on me, meaning I can kill most of them with prediction and Thunderbolt. :D I am tossing up whether to run Scarf or Life Orb and Modest or Timid. Fire Blast and Lava Plume provide Burn support, but Flamethrower and HP Ice provide better coverage (and accuracy.)

So that's it. I'm open to suggestions, but not keen to make huge changes regarding Garchomp and Magmortar. Rate!

Note: I quoted this from my forum, so it may not be in perfect context.

Last edited:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    First off, Lum Berry on Slowbro is great, and to avoid status on the lead is, yeah, great... but I think you might be safe(r) with Focus Sash. Ensuring Yawn gets off against crits from, say Weavile, or Yawning against an OHKOer. It saved my Uxie in some key situations where I needed the Yawn, so you might find it useful. Regardless if Slowbro is bulky, hax shuns anything. Freeing that Lum also allows Chomp to have fun with that healthy berry. :J But if you don't want to do that, or rather find it unnecessary, Persim Berry for Chomp, you should have sub for Ice-type attacks.

You can switch to Guns if they threaten Slowbro's weakened health with it. (Remember, the AI will hit you with a resist if you're pretty low on health) And with Slowbro, note to Yawn ASAP with stat uppers like DTers. Sadly not doing that fact handed me a loss, so keep that in mind. And to repeat what I've already told you, don't be risky with Bro. You may need a later sacrifice of him to refresh Mag's Choice Item. Focus Blast is risky, so you've got your share of chance in the team.

I think it's a solid team, I think the best advice would be to not throw caution to wind. "GOGOGOGO FOR +4 CHOMP 8D" or stuff like that. Because you're better off keeping the sub and not letting hax snag that tiny window to defeat you.

PS. DS drumroll weak. *shot*

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    Eh, my Battle Tower team wasn't really great, but it was quite fun to use. Did get me to 112 wins before I got haxed out.

Hippowdon@Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Atk
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - Roar
    - Slack Off

Used for two reasons, one for a Stealth Rocker, and two to set up the Sand.

Garchomp@Brightpowder
    Jolly Nature
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
    - Substitute
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw

I didn't see the need to go with Outrage with Dragon Claw from +4 is quite capable of destroying things.

Lucario@Choice Specs
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Sp Atk, 6 HP
    - Vacuum Wave
    - Hidden Power Ice
    - Dark Pulse
    - Focus Blast

This guy just took care of the things that threatened Garchomp, mainly Weavile etc.

Years
    finally thank you beach boy for taking the inititive to do this at the pokecommunity
    um..105 wins:single battle
    gengar@focus sash
    timid
    252speed/252sp.att/6hp
    destiny bond
    energy ball
    shadow ball
    t-bolt

standard stuff..kill or take down along with you

garchomp@choice band
    jolly
    252speed/252attack/6hp
    outrage(super important)
    EQ
    fire fang
    crunch

revenge kill..this is what a true beast is!

cressilia@leftovers
    naiive(should be bold/calm)cant help
    252hp/158sp.def/100def
    toxic
    mooonlight
    ice beam
    psychic

toxic/stall very basic and simple to execute
    i lost because i changed my team.yes i get sick easily of using the same pokes

give me a week and ill display a pretty high double battle record..streak just started
    lets just say mixape=total rape : )

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    Ok... here's my team. It got me to battle 68, and only died because of OHKO moves and flinching.

Garchomp@Choice Band
    252 atk, 252 spd
    Jolly nature
    ~Outrage
    ~EQ
    ~Fire Fang
    ~Aerial Ace

This guy is BEAST. He can sometimes OHKO the whole team with a lucky outrage.

T-Tar@Focus Sash
    252 atk, 252 spd
    Adamant Nature
    ~EQ
    ~Crunch
    ~DD
    ~Stone Edge

I might want to remove DD. I never get a chance to set it up. Focus Sash is a VERY good idea, IMHO. It allows you to revenge kill Lucario's focus blast, close combats from lots of annoying dudes, and even mach punches.

Milotic@Lefties
    252 spd, 150 sp atk, 100 def
    Bold Nature
    ~Surf
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Mirror Coat
    ~Recover

I only bring this out if I have to. It's usually my last resort, and sandstorm hurts it, so I try not to bring it our unless I'm faced with and Infernape or something.

I got this team off a Battle Tower guide, so it probably needs some work. It allegedly got 112+ wins for another dude.

EDIT: Silly me, forgot the evs. =P Can anyone give this a rate?

Last edited:
    Years
    Garchomp@Choice Band
    252 atk, 252 spd
    Jolly nature
    ~Outrage
    ~EQ
    ~Fire Fang
    ~Aerial Ace

This guy is BEAST. He can sometimes OHKO the whole team with a lucky outrage.

T-Tar@Focus Sash
    252 atk, 252 spd
    Adamant Nature
    ~EQ
    ~Crunch
    ~DD
    ~Stone Edge

I might want to remove DD. I never get a chance to set it up. Focus Sash is a VERY good idea, IMHO. It allows you to revenge kill Lucario's focus blast, close combats from lots of annoying dudes, and even mach punches.

Milotic@Lefties
    252 spd, 150 sp atk, 100 def
    Bold Nature
    ~Surf
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Mirror Coat
    ~Recover

I only bring this out if I have to. It's usually my last resort, and sandstorm hurts it, so I try not to bring it our unless I'm faced with and Infernape or something.

I got this team off a Battle Tower guide, so it probably needs some work. It allegedly got 112+ wins for another dude.
    yeah i read the guide..the eves were alot different heres the real team...i suggest you change yours to this
    credit goes to tristan_cow

Garchomp @ Choice Band
    Jolly; 252 Atk, 252 Spd; 6 HP
    Sand Veil
    ~ Outrage
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Fire Fang/Aerial Ace/Crunch
    ~ Fire Fang/Aerial Ace/Crunch

Outrage for major STAB. Not much will survive this that doesn't resist a STABed
    Outrage from Garchomp. Earthquake, again for major STAB. The other two are
    basically fillers for more of a variety of types. Start off with outrage,
    switch when confused and then switch back to garchomp when your other pokemon
    faints. Rinse, slather, repeat.

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
    Adamant; 252 Atk, 160 Spd, 92 Def, 6 HP
    Sandstorm
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Crunch
    ~ Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    ~ Earthquake

I personally like stone edge but, it's your choice. Sand Stream works well with
    Garchomp (increases evasion) and focus sash is for those fighting types. After
    you are saved by focus sash against a Lucario, dragon dance then you should be
    able to outspeed it to get another attack in.

Milotic @ Leftovers
    Bold; 252 SpD, 160 SpA, 96 Def
    Marvel Scale
    ~ Surf
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Recover
    ~ Mirror Coat

This baby has saved me a bunch of times. It has outlasted many opponents.
    Leftovers neutralizes Tyranitar's sand stream.

Reached 112 battles.

genesis42

King of kings
    Years
    D= Recommend me some sets please guys?

If you guys think this team will be somewhat decent to use, I'll decide to breed it so I can hopefully get a 100+ streak, (cookie cutter styles lol).

! ! THE TEAM ! !

I seriously have no idea what set to go for in the BT with T.Tar, here are my options:
    ~ Choice Band Tyranitar (Nice for hitting and running)
    ~ Dragon Dancing Tyranitar (Can possibly pull off a early game sweep)
    ~ TyraniBoah (Can hide behind Subs to prevent OHKOs/Status)
    ~ Curse Tyranitar (Eh.. seems like a gimmick, to much set up IMO)

What this guy plans to do: Mainly just sets up SS for Chomp and kill whatever

Garchomp @ Yache Berry/Life Orb
    Sand Veil
    Jolly - 4 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Outrage
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Fire Fang

What this guy plans to do: Sweep in general. Is Yache Berry even all that useful in the BT? Is it safe for me to opt for more power (Life Orb)?

Bronzong @ Leftovers/Lum Berry
    Levitate
    Bold - 244 Hp, 252 Def, 12 Sp. Atk
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Flash Cannon
    ~ Psychic
    ~ Rest/Grass Knot

What this guy plans to do: Will this thing even work? I'm using it mainly to keep Weavile in check, might also be able to potentially sweep from the Special spectrum =p

Years
    Personal opinions: I'd avoid Tyranaboah. That's just me. I'm more of an all out attacking guy. I'd probably have a scizor agilipass to him or something while he holds a Choice Scarf or a Life Orb.

No problems with the 'Chomp. Good set, high sweep potential.

I don't think you need to use a whole slot just for weavile. You are up against stupid AI following smart patterns, not dynamic and predicting and planning human opponents.
    The likely-hood of Weavile showing up in another team is very low. Not to menion, 'Zong is used for walling and not attacking because it does a better job with the former and doesn't necessarily have the stats to perform the latter efficiently. So reconsider 'Zong altogether.

Pardon for the lack of sets.

Years
    Updated some small changes on My Team.
    I've changed Fire Blast to Overheat on Magmortar for the better accuracy and power. I usually have to switch out afterwards, anyway.

I am giving Garchomp Persim (Confusion) Berry until I sort out what I am doing with Slowbro, as it seems more useful now to have status immunity, when most OHKO move users don't have Quick Claw. I may yet replace it with a Yawn/Wish/Faint Attack/Toxic Umbreon. Suggestions?

Regarding QC OHKOers, I basically Yawn on Captain Slow, hoping I live. If it faints, I switch to Guns and try my luck with it. Then I send in GameShark and Sub until I get lucky. Then Outrage it. It's risky, but has worked.

Is anyone sure on the numbers for the increased efficiency of Hax Moves/Items? I'm really curious.

Seeing as you want some records up there, I can post my pathetic records for Doubles, Doubles Link and Wifi, Yeah? They're all 21 for now. I may get around to increasing them and I'll post my Singles Record when I'm happy with it. :D

So should I replace Fire Blast with Overheat on Magmortar?

Last edited:

genesis42

King of kings
    Years
    Personal opinions: I'd avoid Tyranaboah. That's just me. I'm more of an all out attacking guy.

Yeah I was actually thinking of going with the DD set, or perhaps the CB set.. I don't have access to Plat, so having no Aqua Tail on the CB set would be a real bummer =/

I'd probably have a scizor agilipass to him or something while he holds a Choice Scarf or a Life Orb.

Hmm.. Scizor wouldn't be bad at all but once again, the lack of Plat really hurts as I can't get Bullet Punch =(

No problems with the 'Chomp. Good set, high sweep potential.

Sweet as.

I don't think you need to use a whole slot just for weavile. You are up against stupid AI following smart patterns, not dynamic and predicting and planning human opponents.
    The likely-hood of Weavile showing up in another team is very low. Not to menion, 'Zong is used for walling and not attacking because it does a better job with the former and doesn't necessarily have the stats to perform the latter efficiently. So reconsider 'Zong altogether.

I guess I can always take out Weavile with priority and a great canditate that jumps straight into my head is Luke (Special variant w/ Vacuum Wave), would this be a good idea?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back