• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Tower (Information, Discussion, etc - like your neighborhood Ursaring)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    How's this team?

Kingdra w/ Life Orb (Shiny)
    Ability: Sniper/SwiftSwim
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk. 240 Spd. Rest in HP
    IVs: Perfect
    Moves:
    Dragon Dance
    Yawn /Raindance
    Waterfall
    Outrage
    I don't like yawn. The AI aren't that intelligent, and they won't switch out, which is Yawn's main purpose. They'll just stay in and kick your ass (shortly before sleeping). Otherwise fine.

Porygon-Z w/ Focus Sash (Shiny)
    Ability: Download
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 255 Sp. Attack 255 Spd.
    Moves:
    Nasty Plot
    Ice Beam
    Dark Pulse
    Tri Attack
    It's good, but getting in an NP would prove difficult against the AI, who won't switch out often. PZ's lack of bulk also plays a role here. Maybe P2 would be more suitable for this role.

Latios w/ Soul Dew (Shiny)
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 255 Sp. Attack 255 Spd.
    Moves:
    Dragon Pulse
    Draco Meteor
    Psychic
    Recover
    Get rid of Draco Meteor. It might sound pretty cool to absolutely smash someone once, but the last thing you need is -2 SpAtk. Noone else on this team is buky enough to switch into something and to switch back, though Kingdra has good typing. Your options over DM are Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Energy Ball and Surf.
    Luster Purge over Psychic because that SpcDef drop is much more useful than a bit of extra oomph.

Because no one will rate your team without complaining about hacks, I'll rate it for you.
    Another thing. Just because you can't get flawless shinys, doesn't mean that it's wrong for BT. Online, things'd be different.

Anyway, comments in bold.

Years
    I thought i would take a break from doubles and try a single streak and
    Just Beat my old singles record of 123 and got to 141 :),With the following team :

Umbreon @ Focus Sash**Beachy
    careful/calm
    syncronize(I think i spelled it wrong)
    252hp/252sp.def/6def
    ~Yawn
    ~Charm
    ~Flash
    ~Substitute

Beachboy's smexy creation.i just had to try it out hats of to him.

Garchomp @ Lum berry**Game Shrak
    Jolly
    Sand Veil
    252att/252spd/6def
    ~Outrage
    ~Earthquake
    ~Sword Dance
    ~Substitute

Sorry arch,Just had to steal the awsome nick :P
    About chomp:"words"

Scizor @ leftovers**Sniper
    adamant
    Tecnition
    72hp/252att/184spd
    ~Sword Dance
    ~Quick attack
    ~Brick Break
    ~Night slash

My lack of platinum really hurts.As sooon as it come out im going to change it :)

How I lost:
    Dark sent out beachy
    AI send out hitmonlee.

Im certain it is gonna CC so i go for yawn.

hitmonlee used close combat
    A critical hit.
    Beachy held on with sash(or some such)
    Beachy used yawn

OK so im right i decide to let beachy die so chomp can get a free switch.

Hitmonlee used blaze kick
    The attack missed
    Beachy used charm.

Ok that was freakin gay.no free switch on a sleeping poke for me.so i decide to charm once more.

Hitmonlee is fast asleep.Zzzz
    Beachy used charm.

Maybe i can get in a few flashes and hope he misses is my next thought.

Hitmonlee Woke up.
    Hitmonlee used blaze kick.
    Beahy fainted.

Gay

Go GAME SHRAK
    Ok so this is where the mistakes start.

Garchomp used SD.
    Hitmonlee used close combat.
    garchomp lost around 23%

Frankly i just wanted to see if i could keep a sub up without wasting a turn and I could so yeah.

Game shark used earthquake.
    Hitmonlee held on using focus sash
    hitmonlee used CC.
    CTITICAL HIT.
    Game shark fainted.

TBH i knew it held a sash from my experience with the tower as the sash one has blaze kick so i wanted it to sash then sub then kill it.So i take minimal DMG.looks like i wasn't haxed but lost due to stupid play.the rest is self -explnatory as scizor quick attacks it and is up against a straptor at -1.

I think this team can get past 200 but am to lazy to give it another shot.ill wait till i get platinum and then get scizor with BP and superpower along with sub.

Ironic isn't it, The AI gets haxed and i lose :(

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    You could have also done this with Chomp...

Set up substitute to scout for damage (or hell, put it into a damage calc and see what he really has on ya) If it breaks your sub by crit or whatever, you attack immediately and hope it doesn't crit you back, or set up sub again. If it doesn't crit and you decide to attack, you're there against a 1HP Hitmonlee and you're faster.

Let's say your sub survives...

Set up Swords while it breaks sub. (75%) You keep toying around until you feel comfortable. You can attack and get it 1HP and take damage, or set up another substitute.

And we know Staraptor would be a breeze with Chomp and Scizor in shape.

EDIT: yeah, we need to jumpstart this thread. Hopefully, I'll be back to battle tower stuff soon. First I've got to get my hands on a Togekiss I've been wanting to try for a while now.

Last edited:
    Years
    You could have also done this with Chomp...

Set up substitute to scout for damage (or hell, put it into a damage calc and see what he really has on ya) If it breaks your sub by crit or whatever, you attack immediately and hope it doesn't crit you back, or set up sub again. If it doesn't crit and you decide to attack, you're there against a 1HP Hitmonlee and you're faster.

Let's say your sub survives...

Set up Swords while it breaks sub. (75%) You keep toying around until you feel comfortable. You can attack and get it 1HP and take damage, or set up another substitute.

And we know Staraptor would be a breeze with Chomp and Scizor in shape.

EDIT: yeah, we need to jumpstart this thread. Hopefully, I'll be back to battle tower stuff soon. First I've got to get my hands on a Togekiss I've been wanting to try for a while now.

YEahyeah your finally back..I thought you had gone for good..WELCOME BACK.
    I know i shoulda scouted with a sub and i realize my mistake i dont know what i was thinking i guess i wanted to take minimal dmg and i hadn't had a close battle in 141 battles or been haxed at all so i might have been slightly over confident.looks like you should never underestimate the BT.
    If your planning to put up double records just let me know and ill post the team i got to 72 wins with :p
    plan to do another run with my doubles team hopefully passing hundread.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Well, I'm going to lock this. A new, revised and maybe even a lil' more helpful will be coming soon. And I always kinda disliked how it was a Smogon-carbon-copy anyway, even though they really did hit it on the nail. XD So yeah, time to mix things up. If you don't see the new thread within a few days, feel more than free (heck, feel obligated) to come yell at me on my profile.

Hoping that with an updated version we can spark more participation as well.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back