• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PokéCommunity Battle Frontier Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Too lazy. lol
    Well, say if you get one of your key pokemon frozen, and you lose that game. The game board DID decide that game, as it froze your key pokemon.

Then the team is structured far too much around one Pocket Monster. My Umbreon leads and cripples, by the chance it gets frozen, Salamence and Suicune work well together to intimidate drain or pressure stall, meaning I still have the chance to win without it.

The team which I came up with tried to get around that part of the game, and get straight into the battling, without having to worry about what you chose the board to dish out. That's the whole point of the team.
    Sure I could work on the reaction time. But there's going to be at least once where you stuff up, and that's where I wanted the team to come in handy, so that if you DID stuff up, you didn't have to worry about it as much.
    I'm currently at battle 76 with it, and I haven't come close to losing a match yet.
    The only two panels which I see as a problem with the team are the "Switch Teams" and the "You get an Item" panel, as I could get a choice item, which would stuff up my streak.
    Glad to see it's getting some success, but I'm just saying, while the caution ability of the team is great, not stuffing up is still valuable.

edit2: let me clarify something: I think trying to make the game board's effects on you null is great, I'm not doubting that, and that even goes in with my points about structure. I'm just saying things can go a lot smoother if you have the game board on your side, not the other way around, which I've come to control for the most. Because let's say you get the ally item panel and are run by choice specs, if you win, you want to have the skill and ability to grab the ally berry to get that handicap off your chest. Though when I got specs, I was so nervous I kept missing berry or item by one panel. XDD

And definitely, misses and such happen, hence why your structure should prevail. But I will not believe that the game board just goes and decides a game, someone goes into the arcade expecting these handicaps and effects, and that person should be aware. In other words, if they get the ally burn panel with an entirely physical team, their fault, not the board's. While you can say, "well it's the board's fault because they were burned"... but the blame in the end all goes on the team's structure, does it not?

EDIT: On a slightly different topic...
    The PokéCommunity Battle Frontier Thread

:D

edit3: Also, are you at 77 or wherever now, 'cause I'll gladly put you up on the list now. d(' 'd)

Last edited:
    Years
    hey arch_2008,I dont see a single key pokemon in your team.Can you discribe how you lost cause im building a similar team with salamence subroost toxic stalling skarm and aeromapathy bliss.yeah i got the idea from you but I dont see many weaknesses.the only thing i can see is sala being frozen and an infernape apperaing.that can be avoided and no one likes CB garchomp + CB skarm :p
    I see very few weaknesses which is why im building a similar team.
    on another note:
    Damn you red shrads for never appearing.tutors are gay for likeing shrads and not spheres :p

Edit:and my 49 streak ended at 51 so 50 is my new record.Gayed by crits and i have 52 CP left!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2011
    I'm creating a Charizard set for the Battle Tower, and the following is what I came up with, but I'm sure it could be better, so any suggestions are welcome. I'll post the IVs, and the current EV Spread as well, changes to the EV spread are welcome, as it isn't level 100, (yet), so I can redo it.

Charizard @ Life Orb
    Hasty Nature
    IVs: 31/31/30/26/24/31
    EVs: 0/252/4/0/0/252
    ~ Fire Punch
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Substitute

Basically, Charizard will sub on a switch (in/out), and proceed to DD up to the wanted attack and speed power, then use either Fire Punch or Earthquake to cause a lot of damage to the opposition's team. I am wondering whether a special based set would work better, and it isn't a problem because I can easily re-train the Charizard and give it a special based moveset. I stuck with the hasty nature so that I could train it to be a special based Charizard.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Use this thread for ALL BF things, read the thread titles in future, thanks.

~Moves~

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    hey arch_2008,I dont see a single key pokemon in your team.Can you discribe how you lost cause im building a similar team with salamence subroost toxic stalling skarm and aeromapathy bliss.yeah i got the idea from you but I dont see many weaknesses.the only thing i can see is sala being frozen and an infernape apperaing.that can be avoided and no one likes CB garchomp + CB skarm :p
    I see very few weaknesses which is why im building a similar team.
    on another note:
    Damn you red shrads for never appearing.tutors are gay for likeing shrads and not spheres :p

Edit:and my 49 streak ended at 51 so 50 is my new record.Gayed by crits and i have 52 CP left!
    was that with Sala, Skarm, Bliss in the Castle?

I'm creating a Charizard set for the Battle Tower, and the following is what I came up with, but I'm sure it could be better, so any suggestions are welcome. I'll post the IVs, and the current EV Spread as well, changes to the EV spread are welcome, as it isn't level 100, (yet), so I can redo it.

Charizard @ Life Orb
    Hasty Nature
    IVs: 31/31/30/26/24/31
    EVs: 0/252/4/0/0/252
    ~ Fire Punch
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Substitute

Basically, Charizard will sub on a switch (in/out), and proceed to DD up to the wanted attack and speed power, then use either Fire Punch or Earthquake to cause a lot of damage to the opposition's team. I am wondering whether a special based set would work better, and it isn't a problem because I can easily re-train the Charizard and give it a special based moveset. I stuck with the hasty nature so that I could train it to be a special based Charizard.
    The entire problem there is, the Battle Frontier AI.... doesn't switch. :x And DD Charizard is severely outclassed by Garchomp or Salamence. (For example: +6 DD from a Sala OHKOs 3 out of the 4 Skarmory with Outrage, it's not like Fire Punch is a savior) And Substitute and Life Orb will suck out HP faster than you'll ever want. A Special-based might work, but I'd say it depends on the supporting cast as well.

Detox

Meh, my streak at the Battle Castle ended at 179 with some very nice accuracy hax from a very nice piece o crap with brightpowder.

I was using team lots of hax, whis is the following.

Jirachi @ choice Band
    Jolly Nature
    Trait: Serene Grace
    252 Attack | 252 Speed | 4 HP
    -Iron Head
    -Ice Punch
    -Thunderpunch
    -U-turn

Absol @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    Trait: Super Luck
    -Night Slash
    -Psycho Cut
    -Superpower
    -Swords Dance

Honchkrow @ Expert Belt
    Adamant Nature
    -Sucker Punch
    -Night Slash
    -Drill Peck
    -Superpower

Will post battle vid whenevs I upload it.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Syndrome said:
    Meh, my streak at the Battle Castle ended at 179 with some very nice accuracy hax from a very nice piece o crap with brightpowder.

I was using team lots of hax, whis is the following.

Jirachi @ choice Band
    Jolly Nature
    Trait: Serene Grace
    -Iron Head
    -Ice Punch
    -Thunderpunch
    -U-turn

Absol @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    -Night Slash
    -Psycho Cut
    -Superpower
    -Swords Dance

Honchkrow @ Expert Belt
    Adamant Nature
    -Sucker Punch
    -Night Slash
    -Drill Peck
    -Superpower

Will post battle vid whenevs I upload it.
    Funny, Jirachi is banned in the Battle Frontier. This thread is for people with honest goals and achievements, not to mention integrity. If you're not going to abide by that, get out.

Years
    was that with Sala, Skarm, Bliss in the Castle?
    no I posted my team earlier on.You may have missed it,Cheak post no. 72

As for the sala,skarm and bliss!
    I still have to collect 2more red shrads for outrage and ev skarm then im ready.Im taking it slow cause i Just got hooked onto percy jackson :p

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Got back into battling, so I am going to attack the Battle Factory today! :D

Oo, I just noticed I have a 16 record in Battle Factory (Open Level), if you need a proof picture, just ask~

Detox

I got to 128 9n the Battle Hall when I was epically destroyed by a Jynx...

Using my favorite pokemon

Metagross @Choice Band
    Adamant Nature (+atk -sp. atk)
    Trait: Clear Body
    252 Attack |252 Speed |4 HP
    -Meteor Mash
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Punch
    -Zen Headbutt

Battle Video: 37-40962-88423

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    I have a dead streak at the singles battle arcade with a 39 win streak. I don't remember what killed me but I do remember reacting too slow on the game board and accidently paralyzing my team. Arrrgh! My team wasn't IV bred, which makes me overly optimistic of my future dealings with the evil game board. :D

Infernape - Careful
    Close Combat
    Flare Blitz
    Thunder Punch
    U-turn

Floatzel - Gentle
    Ice Punch
    Waterfall
    Crunch
    Brick Break

Staraptor - Adamant
    Return
    Close Combat
    Brave Bird
    U-turn

I had a couple of really close calls with this team with attacks I thought would KO the opponent but didn't. Then they missed! I'm planning to replace Floatzel and breed a new Infernape, but I'm not sure what to replace Floatzel with. Staring at a promising Lucario right now, but I don't really want to sacrifice the speed, but having three attackers and no special attackers makes me cranky.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2009
    New Battle Hall Record

Greetings everyone (and happy 4th of July, if you celebrate it)! I have yet to post anything other than my first record (with Salamence), so I thought I would return to post my newer, ongoing record.

I decided to try my Level 100 Choice Band Garchomp:

Grendel (Garchomp) @ Choice Band
    Jolly Nature
    Ability: Sand Veil
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Fire Fang
    Outrage

My current record stands at 210 (I finished the whole set for the colored pass, and then completed the ice, water, and psychic categories thus far). It has been rather streess-free this time through; I only had one problem when I got into "just tap A for outrage" mode and hit a Bronzong in the steel category (first time through). Luckily, I had "hax" on my side and the second hit was a critical one, which easily took care of the Bronzong.

As I said, this is ongoing. I am still planning on continuing the record today and I will update with whatever record I have once I lose or become disinterested.

Edit:
    Also, I keep losing at that atrocious battle arcade on the same battle (different opponent, though), because of that "switch pokemon" icon--and it just so happens to always take up about 80% of the board (approximation, of course), making it near impossible to avoid.
    Current Record: 42; Number 43 ALWAYS gets me.

Suicune
    Timid Nature
    252 HP/64 SpAtk/192 Spd
    Substitute
    Calm Mind
    Surf
    Ice Beam

Simple subcune set: he leads the team, setting up with a substitute and using calm mind until the sub breaks. If it happens to be crushed by some Magnezone's Thunderbolt or something similar, I either Calm Mind, replace the sub, then proceed normally, or switch on the obvious attack to one of my other pokemon. They are:

Metagross
    Adamant Nature
    252 HP/236 Atk/12 Def/8 Spd
    Meteor Mash
    Earthquake
    Explosion
    Thunderpunch/Ice Punch

I rarely swtich from Suicune to Metagross, since my final Pokemon (Garchomp) comes in with the electric immunity and is, thus, more often the better choice for the switch in. But, when I end up using him, he generally finishes off the opponent's team with ease. He takes hits. He deals hefty damage. Enough said.

Garchomp
    Jolly Nature
    252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Fire Fang
    Outrage

Same Garchomp from the Battle Hall, minus the Choice Band. He loses a bit of power, but the extra speed from the Jolly nature becomes necessary toward the second Frontier Brain battle, given the occassional team paralysis or iron ball reception (I swear, I never saw that one coming when I tapped the "item bag" icon).

And, of course, with pokemon like this, my opponent's easily slaughter me. I hate receiving Snorlax, Flareon, Lickylicky and am somehow expected to win. Right.

I will be attempting this again with the same pokemon sometime today. I will be sure to update if I succeed beyond 42.

Last edited:
    Years
    I decided to try my luck at Doubles, Lv. 50 in the Battle Tower after watching my brother play around with his Ubers using Water Spout and Eruption.
    I then said that it wasn't too stupid an idea at all, as they both have amazing power and coupled with some choice items can pack a wallop.

So my ScarfSpout/SpecsEruption team was born

Streak ended at 53 (got too excited and made a dumb switch)

Wailord @Choice Scarf
    Nature: Modest
    EV's: 6 Hp, 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd
    Moves:
    Water Pulse (will be replaced with Hydro Pump later on for more power)
    Water Spout
    Blizzard
    Rollout (looking for a good replacement move, might go with icy wind for speed drop, or HP Dragon for Kingdra)

The only Water Spout user, save Kyogre, that can use Water Spout and use it well. Water Spout deals loads of damage and when coupled with Typhlo's Eruption, can decimate entire teams. Water Pulse is just there along with Rollout as Spout and Blizzard are the main moves of this set. The Base damage for Water Spout after STAB is a whopping 225. It dents even the strongest of special walls with ease. Blizzard is used for destroying dragons really easy, one time in the battle tower there was a Dragonite and Garchomp, so i used Blizzard as my first move, and switched out Typhlosion with Abomasnow to give Blizzard 100% accuracy, and it annihilated the two dragons without a problem.

Typhlosion @Choice Specs
    Nature: Timid
    EV's: 6 Hp, 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd
    Moves:
    HP Dragon
    Solarbeam
    Flamethrower
    Eruption

HP Dragon is there to handle the one main counter to the type coverage of Eruption and Spout, Kingdra. Solarbeam, i did not use it for the lack of a pokemon to activate Sunny Day, however, surprisingly it wasn't a water type that did me in on my attempt at the battle tower. Flamethrower is there just in case i have to switch him out, and he has taken damage. Eruption combined with STAB and Specs boost reaches a base power of 300. That is more damage than most Explosions used by Azelf, Heatran, etc. and matches the power of an unboosted Snorlax using selfdestruct.

Froslass @Focus Sash
    EV's: 6 Def, 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd
    Moves:
    Taunt
    Destiny Bond
    Spikes (will replace with Shadow Ball sometime)
    Ice Beam

Very reliant, albeit rarely seen during my battles, when she had to come out she came out and did her job very well, stopping stat boosting and laying waste to big problems like Gyara and Kingdra.

Abomasnow @Life Orb
    Nature: Naive
    EV's: 6 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
    Moves:
    Blizzard
    Ice Shard
    Ingrain
    Wood Hammer

To round off the team i had Abomasnow. When in a pinch, such as the two dragons, i switched him in on the turn i used Blizzard giving it 100% accuracy and ridding the opponent of 50% of his/her team. Blizzard as what Abomasnow doesn't carry it. Ice Shard for priority move. Ingrain, as any switch not dragon related is into a bulky water type like Quagsire and Lanturn, and Wood Hammer, is only used maybe once in a battle if he is sent out, it deals tons of damage when coupled with STAB and LO.

My team got defeated by a person that used Zapdos, Honchkrow, Heracross, and Aerodactyl
    Dumb switch, swapped Typhlo for Snow and lost both pokemon to Thunder and Drill Peck, Switched back in, almost got KO'd by Aero's Rock Slide, thank you Sash, then I got pummeled by Heracross taking measly damage from a low Hp, locked into Eruption Typhlo after Lass got KO'd

Last edited:

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I got 57 in Singles Battle Hall with this Infernape.

Infernape@ Life Orb
    Nature : Adamant(+Atk, -SpAtk)
    EV : 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    -Swords Dance
    -Fire Punch
    -Thunderpunch
    -Close Combat

Got beaten by a Quagsire who Yawned and then Endured ._____.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    Oh

45 and still going for Double Battles

Electrode / Toxicroak / Ludicolo / Kingdra

And yes my team is the same as the other guys .____________________________________________________.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    So I finished EV training a Slowbro of mine and decided to try out the Battle Halll to get some BP for TM's. (3 acronyms and coundting :P)

My streak ended at 66 when a Gastrodon Muddy Watered me, lowering my accuracy, as surf proceeded to miss three times in a row and 4 out of 6 turns before a Critical Hit sludge Bomb ended it. >.<

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    After my defeat in double battles at the Battle Tower on battle 53, I decided to change up my team a little, and try once again.
    I decided to keep the concept of the dual choice lead again. This time I made it to battle 55, two more than last attempt.

Garchomp @choice band
    EV: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
    Nature: Jolly
    Moveset:
    -Crunch
    -Dragon Claw
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake

My main sweeper, Earthquake for STAB and a powerful move, Rock Slide for coverage on Ice and Flying types. Dragon Claw for taking care of other dragons. Crunch for coverage.

Dragonite @choice scarf
    EV: 6 HP, 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd
    Moveset:
    -Heat Wave
    -Blizzard
    -Thunderbolt
    -Twister (going to be replaced with Dragon Pulse when I get enough BP)

Dragonite and Garchomp form the fiercesome dragoness beasts (yes both of them are females, lol) Dragonites moveset tries its best to compliment Garchomps, Heat Wave takes care of grass types that resist Earthquake, Blizzard also covers grass types, along with flying dragons and flying types, Thunderbolt hits bulky waters and flying types, and Dragon Pulse will be a reliable STAB attack to attack with when none of the other moves are needed to be used.

Abomasnow @life orb
    EV: 6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
    Nature: Naive
    Moveset:
    -Ingrain
    -Ice Shard
    -Blizzard
    -Wood Hammer

Same set used before for the same reason, switch in on bulky waters and switch in for 100% accuracy Blizzards from Dragonite

Typhlosion @choice specs
    EV: 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
    Moveset:
    -Eruption
    -Flamethrower
    -Solarbeam
    -Hidden Power (dragon)

Same set used before, again, but for a different role, Typhlosion is there for a late game sweeper in case one of the other pokemon are knocked out, he comes in and finishes off weakened pokes with STAB, Specs boosted Eruptions.

I lost at battle 56, the last battle for my eighth set. The trainer led off with Latias and Heatran, and the battle more than likely would have went my way if, Dragonite knew Dragon Pulse. In other words, my entire team got KO'd by those two.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Got back into battling, so I am going to attack the Battle Factory today! :D

Oo, I just noticed I have a 16 record in Battle Factory (Open Level), if you need a proof picture, just ask~
    just give me the number of trades~

updated all the records and since I lost my DS, I finally have some time to write up a post on my 161~ Arcade team. Which will be posted within the week.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back