• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
    Years
    Hm, I've never seen that set before. I looked it up and it seems convincing enough, but could you explain to me why it has 2 special move slots in the set? Seems odd to me!

Thanks

It is meant to wall break so that the obivious gliscor switch in will eat an ice beam, focus punch hurts anything (except skarmory) that doesnt resist is and also flamethrower owns skarmory if you somehow have problems with it.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    I'm not advocating the use of aggron in ou, but if you really want to use him, choice band would probably be your best bet, since spamming aqua tail/head smash basically hits anything and everything super duper hard. only problem is you have to have some pretty decent prediction to use your moves effectively. but hey, a CB Head Smash does 73.4% - 86.4% to the standard 252/40 Gliscor so......... 9.9

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2010
    I'm not advocating the use of aggron in ou, but if you really want to use him, choice band would probably be your best bet, since spamming aqua tail/head smash basically hits anything and everything super duper hard. only problem is you have to have some pretty decent prediction to use your moves effectively. but hey, a CB Head Smash does 73.4% - 86.4% to the standard 252/40 Gliscor so......... 9.9

I'm not a fan of slow CB users. I may give it a go but the Boah set someone suggested sounds like it would fare well.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2010
    Please Help

Could anyone fill in the blank areas? First one to do it gets 30 credits for my thread that I'll open soon.

Seconds: 14
    Delay: 624
    Frame:
    Parent A IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31
    Parent B IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31
    Target IV's: 31/30/30/31/31/31
    Spread:
    Date month day
    Time

Frame:
    Target IV's: 30/31/30/31/31/31
    Spread:
    Date month day
    Time

Frame:
    Target IV's: 31/31/31/30/31/31
    Spread:
    Date month day
    Time

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2010
    Using Anti-lead Houndoom here. Should I give it Lum Berry or Focus Sash? I'm thinking Lum personally.

ThatKidMike

yall fuccbois
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    Using Anti-lead Houndoom here. Should I give it Lum Berry or Focus Sash? I'm thinking Lum personally.

Whats the set on it?

Also, I would go with Lum too. I'm way against Focus Sash' though, since with the current metagame there are too many little nitpicky effects that'll damage you and completely null the focus sash.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Could anyone fill in the blank areas? First one to do it gets 30 credits for my thread that I'll open soon.

Frame:
    Target IV's: 31/30/30/31/31/31
    Spread:
    Date month day
    Time

Frame:
    Target IV's: 30/31/30/31/31/31
    Spread:
    Date month day
    Time

Frame:
    Target IV's: 31/31/31/30/31/31
    Spread:
    Date month day
    Time
    What Pokemon is it? I can't suggest an EV spread if I don't know what Pokemon it is.

Using Early Bird as Houndoom's ability is a possibility as well, making it easier for Houndoom to counter sleep-inducing leads. Lum Berry is an alternative item if one is using Flash Fire as Houndoom's ability, keeping him safe from all kinds of status.
    Depends on you, I never used that moveset so I can't suggest which item for you to use.

Whats the set on it?
    Probably this.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    What's better for Flygon: Choice Band or Choice Scarf?
    Depends on what your team needs, I like both sets personally. CB is good at denting teams and is a lot stronger, but Scarf works as a revenge killer for +1 Gyarados/Dragonite, Infernape, etc if you don't have one.

Crazyhand

Always up for battle! VM me!
    Years
    I need a pokemon for my rain dance team that can defeat Celebi and Jirachi. Specifically the defensive ones with Thunder Wave. Any suggestions?
    Defeating the Celebi is not as easy as defeating the Jirachi.

Alamos

Team Plasma Leader
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2010
    I need a pokemon for my rain dance team that can defeat Celebi and Jirachi. Specifically the defensive ones with Thunder Wave. Any suggestions?
    Defeating the Celebi is not as easy as defeating the Jirachi.

Try a Tyranitar,Hoondoom or Weavile that will hopefully be able to beat both of them.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Well it is for in-game, but i still want to train it competitevely just in case i battle my friends with it or something.

It will be for in-game atm, but this could change and i would really like to have the plan for it. :)

Kabutops has X-Scissor to despatch Celebi.

As for Jirachi, try Zapdos.

Both fit in on rain dance teams pretty easily. Zapdos is an awesome rain dance supporter with Rain Dance + U-Turn.

Weavile just plain sucks, dont use it lol. Its walled by everything. x_x

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2010
    Thanks to the person who helped me with Houndoom. (I remember the answer, but forgot who gave it)

K so I'm using the Belly Edge set with Clefable (Belly Drum + Double Edge) and I am thinking about passing some kind of Defense boost and/or Substitute to Clefable. (And maybe ingrain from smeargle?) Any suggestions?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Defensive boosts aren't good stats to pass because Critical Hits ignore all defensive boosts. You're better off passing speed because Clefable is really slow. Gliscor with Taunt is the best Speed passer in the game.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2010

Defensive boosts aren't good stats to pass because Critical Hits ignore all defensive boosts. You're better off passing speed because Clefable is really slow. Gliscor with Taunt is the best Speed passer in the game.

Fair enough. But could Clefable benefit from Sub > SD on Gliscor since she is about to +6 anyway?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Yes, no point in passing Attack when you'll max it out anyways.

Garrabutártulo

A wild Garrabutártulo appears!
    Years
    Qwilfish, Qwilfish everywhere.

I have an adamant qwilfish with 252 EVs in Attack and Speed.
    It knows Waterfall, Lifebond and Poison Jab.
    What should be it's fourth move?
    What item should it be helding? I thought about life orb...

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I have an adamant qwilfish with 252 EVs in Attack and Speed.
    It knows Waterfall, Lifebond and Poison Jab.
    What should be it's fourth move?
    What item should it be helding? I thought about life orb...
    You can use Swords Dance > Destiny Bond and Explosion as the last move to make it a Rain Dance sweeper. You can also use this as a Rain Dance lead:

Qwilfish @ Damp Rock / Focus Sash
    Swift Swim
    Adamant / Jolly
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
    - Rain Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Poison Jab / Taunt
    - Explosion / Destiny Bond

If you want a offensive Spiker, replace Rain Dance with Spikes, move Speed EVs to HP, and give it Leftovers.

Garrabutártulo

A wild Garrabutártulo appears!
    Years
    it already knows rain dance, but I have a lead for my rain dance team... I was thinking about thunder wave or facade, but it can't get poisoned and I can't afford it if it gets burned or paralyzed so...

Back