• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Winter Haven] Ice Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
Years
If you could take any ice pokemon to a Ski Resort, which would you take and why?

Froslass! She floats, so she doesn't need to stay on the snow ground like I do. She's light compared to its counterpart Glalie, so if I accidentally bump into her, it wouldn't hurt that much, lol. And yeah, she'd be able to retrieve me from the snow with her ghostly powers. B)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Time for a new topic in here!

Which Ice type Pokemon would you like to see a baby version of?

I'd like to see a baby Sneasel, that would be utterly adorable! I reckon a baby Swinub could be pretty cute too, just because tiny fluffy pigs are by default. x]

Ownership has been transferred to Snow Phoenix. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
Which Ice type Pokemon would you like to see a baby version of?

Ooo. I was actually quite satisfied with the pre-forms of our Ice types x3 I actually don't think that Swinub needs a pre-form :O Even though... I'm like the Swinub king xD Swinub is perfectly fine as is :) And it'd be weird having 4th forms all of a sudden x.x

If anything... I'd go with Sneasel and Lapras. Sneasel has room for improvement... or rather... to get lower in the hierarchy and have that baby form. Lapras tho would be really amazing with a baby form :O Lapras is big and bulky with no other forms. Plus Lapras already makes a study Pokemon in battle. I could definitely imagine a weaker baby form :O And it'd be adorable <3 BABY NESSY <3

Oh and please treat me well as your new owner x3 I'm a bit busy like... RIGHT NOW... I'll probably work on some kind of revamp during the weekend :) Enjoy the new topic. This one is courtesy of your Mod, but I have a slew to power through myself.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
Years
Which Ice-type Pokémon would you like to see a baby version of?
Lapras. I couldn't fathom the fact that such an enormous creature would emerge from an egg. XD Plus I'm sure it would turn out looking adorable. :3

Last edited:

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
Sheesh :x Only Alex, Hal, and I have posted since the last topic. It's been about two weeks since the last topic and I find that it is reasonable to label those who have not posted since then as "non-active" members. Being labeled as a "non-active" member is NOT bad at all. It's only an incentive to make a post here in the club. As soon as a post is made, you will return to the "active" members list. I am officially setting the minimum activity to be considered "active" to a post every two weeks.

I would also like to start up some sort of activity weekly or monthly. Since I am being enthusiastic, I will TRY weekly. x.x Wish me luck. I have also decided to add a featured Pokemon of the week. Also as incentive to post, members (yes, you can vote if you join after this post or "reactivate") may vote for the featured Pokemon. The voting will end this Wednesday at 9:00 CST.

If anyone would like to provide prizes for events or suggest future events, please PM or VM me. Thank you <3

Defend our Ice types :x

Update: Halcyon and Grey Cloud have started our Active member list. Congrats! (And of course AlexOzzyCake. Derp.)

Last edited:
Years
Glad to see this club increasing in activity.

Edit: I definitely nominate Frost Rotom :)

479R.png

It's Rotom in his refridgerator forum and becomes Electric/Ice.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
For the Pokemon of the Week I suggest Sneasel; it's an incredibly diverse and useful Pokemon to use in battle (in its own tier ofc) and it looks amazing; it manages to be both cute and tough at the same time! Now I think this place is in dire need of a new topic. :3

Which Ice type Pokemon has the most interesting typing?

Imo it's down to three: Mamoswine, Froslass and Weavile. Abomasnow is worth mentioning too, but his typing is so awful that it's embarrassing. xD I think Ground/Ice is an incredibly useful typing for an offensive Pokemon like Mamoswine, but unfortunately he suffers greatly with tonnes of weaknesses. It's a shame since Mamoswine could be an utterly amazing Pokemon if it didn't die every couple of hits! Ice/Ghost typing from Froslass is also very interesting as it's just two unusual types that you wouldn't expect to see together; they don't really help or hinder each other and it actually makes for quite a boring Pokemon to use considering its only real strategy is to hide in the hail, but its a quirky typing nonetheless. Then finally the Ice/Dark typing brought here by Sneasel/Weavile... That's certainly a useful typing considering the moves it gets from it, but I can't help but think it should've gone to a different Pokemon. The types themselves suit a fast thieving Pokemon design-wise, but battle-wise they're terrible types to go together and they greatly hinder this already fragile Pokemon. Give it to a bulky Pokemon and maybe it'll work out well, but on the weakinglings that currently have it they're a death waiting to happen. Let's just hope Weavile can out-speed a Mach Punch!

Years
I want to put up my nomination, and I'm going with this frosty treat:

584Vanilluxe_Dream.png

I love Vanilluxe, it's one of my fave Ice-types and I feel sorry for all the hate it gets. Everyone who rants about it says "Nintendo are running out of ideas!". But I love Vanilluxe and it's amazing. That's why I'm nominating this two-headed ice cream.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
I have actually over-extended the poll deadline due to time constraints. The poll is now over.

Since we have three nominations at one vote each, I have decided that these three will be our first three featured Pokemon. Frost Rotoms week will start sometime this coming Sunday. After Rotom will come Sneasel and then Vanilluxe (Btw I personally don't mind Vanilluxe. Vanilluxe just makes things unique). I will also try to come up with an event to go along with our featured Pokemon.

My answer will be Froslass (Mamoswine is my favorite runner-up). Froslass's type is unique, and only shared by our pseudo-ice type, Frost Rotom. I've never quite been able to call Frost Rotom an "Ice type" so I compromise by calling him a pseudo-ice type (I think it fits). Froslass wins this one in my opinion because it is the only ice type with more resistances and immunities than weaknesses. It's type combination is that valuable. Ice types are notorious for their bad defenses due to typing, but Froslass breaks that trend slightly. Froslass's typing also suits her quite well. She is based off of an actual mythological ghost and her primary strategy is like Alex said, "to hide in the snow."

I'm re-adding Hikari10 as an active member.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

It's very unusual to find a Ice/Psychic Pokemon combination, and Jynx and her child form Smoochmus has received this combination of types.

238.gif
124.gif

Unfortunately, sometimes 4x weakness to any type is a terrible thing, in this case, we're talking about Fire. Snover and Abomasnow's one of a kind ability of Snow Warning not only make them unique, but their typing Grass/Ice combination make them one of a kind family.

459.gif
460.gif

Just like Abomasnow, 4x weakness, to Fighting this time, is definitely a bad thing to have. However, Sneasel/Weavile are great soldiers and can carry out extremely fast speed. Dark/Ice is definitely a unique combination as well
215.gif
461.gif

The newly evolution to Snorunt definitely brought new taste to the evolution line of both, Ghost and Ice.

478.gif

And finally, last but not least, Kyurem. Of course, Kyurem happens to be both types that Dragon is weak too. Dragon/Ice type. This is definitely, in my personal opinion, the most unique typing combination in the Ice Pokemon world.

646.gif

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

And finally, last but not least, Kyurem. Of course, Kyurem happens to be both types that Dragon is weak too. Dragon/Ice type. This is definitely, in my personal opinion, the most unique typing combination in the Ice Pokemon world.

646.gif

Oh blimey, how could I forget about Kyurem! Dragon/Ice is a very unique typing indeed, and one that I have personally been wanting for quite a long time! I think Kyurem didn't really live up to my expectations of what this type combination could accomplish though. I think it should've been a complete power house with immense speed which being incredibly fragile; Kyurem however is about as balanced as you can get. And with arguably poor moves and a not-so-great design, it certainly was a disappointment to me. :x

Years

238.gif
124.gif

Smoochum & Jynx
Ice/Psychic is a very interesting typing, sadly it comes with 6 weaknesses. Despite the cons there, they can be interesting Pokemon to use.

220.gif
221.gif
473.gif

Swinub, Piloswine & Mamoswine
Ice/Ground is one cool typing that grants them hail and sandstorm immunity but unfortunately grants a weakness to all Starter types. Even though the Swinub line lack physical Ice moves they can still do good damage with their Ground attacks.

479-frost.gif

Rotom (Frost)
Now this was a type combo I really wanted to see - Electric/Ice. Even though it only got this typing in the 5th Gen it is still very interesting. If only Black Kyurem had this typing it would have been way awesome but I'm OK with it still being Dragon/Ice. At least this is what makes Frost Rotom unique.

478.gif

Froslass
I love the neat type combo of Ice/Ghost, makes Froslass special and its a type combo we thought never happened but it became a reality.

459.gif
460.gif

Snover & Abomasnow
Grass/Ice is pretty nice typing but the major cons is the 7 weaknesses that come with it (falls really easily to Fire) but with a unique ability, this is what makes Snover and Abomasnow handy to have on a team based around hail.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years

Oh blimey, how could I forget about Kyurem! Dragon/Ice is a very unique typing indeed, and one that I have personally been wanting for quite a long time! I think Kyurem didn't really live up to my expectations of what this type combination could accomplish though. I think it should've been a complete power house with immense speed which being incredibly fragile; Kyurem however is about as balanced as you can get. And with arguably poor moves and a not-so-great design, it certainly was a disappointment to me. :x

I honestly thought about this one and concluded that it wasn't THAT unique imo. Kyurem is an Ice Dragon. An Ice Dragon just seems a bit cliche and it seems as if it would eventually come. I do admit though that it's pretty interesting how it contains both of Dragon's weaknesses in one. Kyurem does get a bit of a revamp tho in Black 2 and White 2. A great opening for discussion...

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Username: Olli97
Reason to Join: Ice types are one of the more rare typings, as can be seen by the low amount of Ice type Pokémon, which of course make most of them very unique. Rarely have I ever used any Ice type Pokémon, but I have often had great battles with them, because of the Ice/Water dual typing a lot of them have, which makes me unable to use the usual "KILL IT WITH FIRE!" strategy. This is also the reason why Pryce is my favourite gym leader.
Choose 1 Pokemon: Swinub

A tie between Froslass and Rotom (Frost), I guess. Both of them have pretty unique typings, and both beneficial at that, that gives chances for interesting movepools and strategies. I guess I'd have to go more over to Froslass, due to what interests me about it is the actual typing, where with Rotom (Frost) it's mostly the concept of a Pokémon refrigerator xD

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
Username: ~Pokemoll~
Reason for joining: Ice types are my favourite type of Pokemon. <3
Choose one Pokemon: Spheal <3
Which Ice type Pokemon has the most interesting typing?: Probably Frosslass. Ghost/Ice is a pretty interesting and useful choice in my opinion. I used it a lot during Pokemon Platinum, and it came in pretty handy beating Cynthia.

Years
Username: ~Pokemoll~
Reason for joining: Ice types are my favourite type of Pokemon. <3
Choose one Pokemon: Spheal <3
Which Ice type Pokemon has the most interesting typing?: Probably Frosslass. Ghost/Ice is a pretty interesting and useful choice in my opinion. I used it a lot during Pokemon Platinum, and it came in pretty handy beating Cynthia.

Hi Pokemoll, welcome to the cold world of Ice-type Pokemon!

So, what made you choose Spheal as a partner?

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
Thanks for the welcome~ ^^

I chose Spheal because it's adorable and kinda awesome too. xDDD I still haven't evolved it on Ruby and it's been about 3 years since I got it. It's my favourite Ice-type, too.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
~Sign Up~

Username: Musketeer

Reason for enrollment: Ice is one of my favorite types, as it can bring down even dragons!

Chosen Pokémon: Glaceon

Current Topic: Which Ice type Pokémon has the most interesting typing?
Answer: Probably Froslass with Ghost/Ice pairing. Imagine finding an abandoned structure somewhere in the cold reaches of nowhere... then, all of a sudden, a Ghost Pokémon appears! Would be quite the scare! I would have chosen Froslass as my starter here, had Glaceon not been available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back