• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Winter Haven] Ice Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snivy063

Banned
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    It's nice to see new members joining, hopefully a new topic will be made to keep this one going! :)

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
    Years
  • i'm.. trying to come up with a good topic.. but it's not going well.
    i'll just post this one. XD;

SHOULD THERE BE A MALE VERSION OF SMOOCHUM/JYNX?
    after looking through the list of ICEtype pokémon i thought to myself what a male Jynx would look like. i think it'd be funny.
    thinking about it some more now, though.. i just realised there's also the psychic type Mr. Mime, and there are in fact female Mr. Mimes to be found. I just thought that was a bit odd..
    Is Mr. Mime just kindof Jynx' male counterpart and they forgot to make it all-male or should another male counterpart be created?
    ... Or maybe you just think the pokémon are fine as is? XD;

Musashi

Nope, that's not me
    Years
  • Thanks for the welcome. :)

I think it would be interesting for the Jynx line to have a male counterpart, but I have no idea what that would look like. XD Back in the day I considered Mr. Mime to be its male counterpart, but then when they came out with genders... eeehhhh...

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • I......am.....back!

Username: d4rka8isz
    Reason to Join: Ice is my favorite type. All of these Pokemon look cool except the ice cream cones.
    Partner: Glalie. I like Froslass too, but I'm going with Glalie.

I think Cryogonal should have an evolution. It looks like it could evolve.

Alright, consider yourself in. Welcome, and enjoy. :cer_boogie: ice cream. They taste good though...probably...the glalie it is.

i'm.. trying to come up with a good topic.. but it's not going well.
    i'll just post this one. XD;

after looking through the list of ICEtype pokémon i thought to myself what a male Jynx would look like. i think it'd be funny.
    thinking about it some more now, though.. i just realised there's also the psychic type Mr. Mime, and there are in fact female Mr. Mimes to be found. I just thought that was a bit odd..
    Is Mr. Mime just kindof Jynx' male counterpart and they forgot to make it all-male or should another male counterpart be created?
    ... Or maybe you just think the pokémon are fine as is? XD;

I do, in fact, want to see a male version of smoochum and Jynx. I just want to get the strange fact babies appear without males...but they managed to pull it off without males, so I go both ways for now.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Should there be a male version of Smoochum/Jynx?

... Gosh no. The sheer thought of that is worrying! Although I always thought this was kind of Mr Mime? Hmm... Even so, I don't think a male Jynx would lend itself well to the game. A manly Pokemon going around kissing things? Might not be well received... xD

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
    Years
  • A manly Pokemon going around kissing things? Might not be well received... xD

well it doesn't have to go around kissing things. it could go around kiCKing things.. sounds more MANLY.

i thought Jynx was based on a Dutch traditional character called 'Zwarte Piet' (or 'Black Pete', if you'd translate it literally). they're the helpers of the Dutch equivalent of Santa Claus (Sinterklaas) and well, those are mostly male as well.. XD;
    and they don't go around kissing things, either...

... but i do think a male pokémon with a black face and huge red lips may be scary. i dunno. when i was younger i didn't like Jynx herself much either.
    maybe they should make a male smoochum though. i think that could be really cute.. XD;

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Jynx looks like a female Pokemon, and I even think it's a weird looking Pokemon. Having a male Jynx=Creepy

-Username- Sector Revenge
    -Reason to Join- I hate the cold, but the snow can be fun to play in!
    -Choose 1- Kyurem (Kallie)

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • Should there be a male version of Smoochum/Jynx?
    Nonono. Since Jynx is really feminine herself, having a male counterpart seems a little too extreme for my liking. ><

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years

... Gosh no. The sheer thought of that is worrying! Although I always thought this was kind of Mr Mime? Hmm... Even so, I don't think a male Jynx would lend itself well to the game. A manly Pokemon going around kissing things? Might not be well received... xD

I agree with you. Wouldn't fit well if made. XD Although I would be curious how they could manage to pull that off if they considered even doing that.....

Jynx looks like a female Pokemon, and I even think it's a weird looking Pokemon. Having a male Jynx=Creepy

-Username- Sector Revenge
    -Reason to Join- I hate the cold, but the snow can be fun to play in!
    -Choose 1- Kyurem (Kallie)

Welcome to the group Sector Revenge. Hopefully you enjoy it here. Kallie will be up in no time.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
    Years
    Nonono. Since Jynx is really feminine herself, having a male counterpart seems a little too extreme for my liking. ><

Well, seeing as Gardevoir is really feminine, do you think Gallade was a little extreme?

I think that Game Freak should try to make a counterpart and see if it makes the cut. The way they make Pokemon is have a bunch of employees make sketches and submit them. Then the "judges" pick a few for each type that will be in the game.

xxRivina_hearts_Dewgongxx

H E L L O ^____^ !!!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2013
    Username: Rivina_hearts_Dewgong
    Reason to Join: Ice Pokemon are one of my two all time favorites!
    Choose 1 Pokemon: Dewgong; Female

Which Ice Type is your favorite?: Hmm I actually have a top 3 favorite for ice types. 1. Dewgong 2. Glaceon and 3. Cubchoo! I find all of them just sooo cute and adorable ^____^

TheronElite

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • SignUp
    -Username- TheronElite
    -Reason to Join-I want to support the overlooked ice type
    -Choose 1 Pokemon-Glalie
    No there shouldn't. I think Jynx was made to be specifically feminine and does not need a male counterpart.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Username: Xeberos
    Reason to join: I like Ice-type Pokémon, they are freezy and chilly. :D
    Choose one Pokémon: I choose Glacion because it is cute and I love Eeveelutions.
    Answer one of the topics: Can't see topic anywhere. :/

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • Well, seeing as Gardevoir is really feminine, do you think Gallade was a little extreme?

Yeah, I see where you're going, but I mean, Jynx is the type of Pokémon that shake her hips and throw kisses wherever it goes, and having a male counterpart seems a little overwhelming to me. X___X I guess it'll take time for me to get used to if a male counterpart of Jynx ever exists...

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • And the second place I make a bee-line to is the special kingdom of Ice :3

As for the topic:

I honestly don't think Nintendo will even consider touching Jynx :/ Too much controversy revolving her and the black stereotype :x And I believe she's based off of something from Norse mythology... close to dutch... but, not quite x3

I'd also prefer that she not be touched. I love Jynx. She's a nice independent fighter who works hard for the money (so you better treat her right ;)). Pokemon don't need male counterparts to make them any more complete.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Username: Rivina_hearts_Dewgong
    Reason to Join: Ice Pokemon are one of my two all time favorites!
    Choose 1 Pokemon: Dewgong; Female

Which Ice Type is your favorite?: Hmm I actually have a top 3 favorite for ice types. 1. Dewgong 2. Glaceon and 3. Cubchoo! I find all of them just sooo cute and adorable ^____^

SignUp
    -Username- TheronElite
    -Reason to Join-I want to support the overlooked ice type
    -Choose 1 Pokemon-Glalie
    No there shouldn't. I think Jynx was made to be specifically feminine and does not need a male counterpart.

Username: Xeberos
    Reason to join: I like Ice-type Pokémon, they are freezy and chilly. :D
    Choose one Pokémon: I choose Glacion because it is cute and I love Eeveelutions.
    Answer one of the topics: Can't see topic anywhere. :/

Welcome to you all, welcome. :cer_smile: I guess we sure do need new topics here, eh? Let me think....

And the second place I make a bee-line to is the special kingdom of Ice :3

As for the topic:

I honestly don't think Nintendo will even consider touching Jynx :/ Too much controversy revolving her and the black stereotype :x And I believe she's based off of something from Norse mythology... close to dutch... but, not quite x3

I'd also prefer that she not be touched. I love Jynx. She's a nice independent fighter who works hard for the money (so you better treat her right ;)). Pokemon don't need male counterparts to make them any more complete.

I agree, and it's nice to see you back here SP. Although it depends. Who knows....

New Topic: If you could take any ice pokemon to a Ski Resort, which would you take and why?

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • New Topic: If you could take any ice pokemon to a Ski Resort, which would you take and why?

I assume we're talking about a standard ski resort here x3 My answer would be Mamoswine. Mamoswine is my second favorite after Swinub and could be useful around a ski resort. Mamoswine can be used for heavy lifting, touring the resort on its four limbs, or searching out hidden hot springs. I also figure that it should still have that ability to discover hidden hot springs an evolved Pokemon :3 It'd also be nice to have him around in-case of any ice-related emergencies like Avalanches. I figure that Earthquake would be very handy in clearing snow. I love helping out people so there's also that. Power is a very nice thing to have :3

If the ski resort were more aquatic in nature, I'd probably pick Lapras for similar reasons. Cute, tough, and reliable for the win <3

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    ARCANA FAMIGLIA
    [Rated T]
    IC Thread | OOC Thread

Setting
    You are a member of the Arcana Famiglia, a proud family of gifted individuals, each of whom have made a contract with a certain Arcana card. The Arcana cards are items of huge power which will lend their strength to a human upon forming a contract with them and swearing their loyalty. Each card has different effects, some of which are more powerful than others, and each card presents itself as an Arcana mark tattoo somewhere on the host's body. Arcana cards work using the host's emotions as power, so in order to master the power of an Arcana card, the host must have full control over their emotions or the powers won't work as hoped. Only those proven to have a deep connection to their emotions and the power and dedication to sustain a contract are selected to host an Arcana card and are invited to become part of The Familigia; not all members are related by blood but there is a well established connection between certain bloodlines and their affinity to hosting the Arcana cards so many family members share the same ancestors. Having a contract with an Arcana card also lends the user powers when their emotions are high such as increased strength, vitality, speed, or even in some cases the ability to conjure and control balls of pure energy. Losing control of emotions whilst using Arcana powers can be fatal; therefore only the best are selected to join The Famiglia. There are a grand total of 22 major Arcana cards, all of which are governed and controlled by card #21, The World.

The Famiglia, led by their 'Papa', uses these powers to help their sunny trading island of Regalo survive any threats that become it and act as the island's government by ruling it in sectors. Set 30 years after the death of Mondo, the family's most beloved Papa to date, the island has become a bustling hub of peace and activity abound with docks and markets as far as the eye can see. Such a busy place obviously attracts a lot of crime but this is easily dealt with by Sword, the family's defence and policing division, leaving the criminals unlikely to re-offend whilst Sword remain vigilant. Coin, the family's economic sector, has run the economy well since the retirement of their previous leader Debito and as a result form a staple part of the island's structure whilst working alongside the other sectors of the house to ensure the community thrives. There is a large mansion with impressive steel gates and countless looming statues atop a steep hill in which the Arcana Famiglia resides, overlooking the serene sea-side town below with pale yellow buildings and canvas roofs abound. The city is often full of market stalls and boats coming to the island for trading, providing a warm and friendly atmosphere all year round. Almost every point on the island overlooks the vast blue ocean surrounding them, making it the perfect place for a little R&R.

30 years ago Mondo, the holder of The World card, passed away leaving his title and Arcana contract to Nova, his son-in-law. The holder of The World card is responsible for maintaining the power, contracts and stability of all other Arcana cards and is given the title of 'Papa', making them the head of the family. Cards being left without contracts or cards forming unstable contracts with their holder take more energy from The World to sustain, resulting in the host's life force being drained and leading to a premature death if contracts are not established for the remaining cards. Felicita, Nova's wife and the 'Mama' of the family, has a contract with two cards one of which is The Wheel of Fortune which she regularly uses to ease the burden that Nova carries, but as the life force continues to drain from him time is running out and The World needs a new host.

Plot

In his early childhood, Nova was abused constantly by his father and his powers were exploited by his family as a chance of getting rich; this became too much for Nova to bear and so his Arcana powers went out of control. His contract at the time was with card #13, Death, giving him the power to put people to sleep instantly, resulting in him cursing both of his parents with a never-ending sleep. After Mondo's passing and Nova gaining the powers of The World card, he used it to break his contract with Death and in turn broke the curse on his parents; however only his father Moreno awoke from the eternal slumber leaving his mother deceased. This caused Moreno unimaginable suffering knowing what his son had done to him and his wife and thus he swore revenge to show Nova just how it feels to be turned on by your own family. He pretended to be grateful for Nova saving him from the sleep and worked his way into the family to the point where he was able to make a contract with card #15, The Devil, giving him the power to control the emotionally weak to act at his whim. After having received this contract, Moreno disappeared from the family for 2 years with no trace leaving a huge strain on The World and therefore Nova as a conflict arose within the emotion of the Arcana cards.

After 2 years had passed Nova became too weak from the strain of The World to continue ruling the family and so passed on his responsibilities to his childhood companion Liberta, the family's executive head and second in command, whilst he focussed his energies on maintaining the stability of The World. Moreno heard of this news and took it as an opportunity to use the powers that he had been training since obtaining his Arcana contract and so contacted the Famiglia with threats of war. These threats were accepted by the family as they needed The Devil card back in their possession before the strain became too much for Nova to survive with and they assumed that one old man couldn't be any kind of a threat to them. However, when Moreno arrived at the Famiglia's house, he brought with him an army of warriors prepared to fight on his behalf, resulting in large bloodshed on both sides as the war raged on and powers grew stronger. A man named Luca, the family's adviser, finally managed to work out where Moreno's army was coming from as he had made a contract with The Devil, allowing him to control emotionally-weak people as his slaves and thus creating a huge army of those that had not learnt to deal with their emotions. They made for angry and vicious fighters as their rage and sadness was exploited by Moreno but just as all seemed hopeless for the family, Nova concocted a plan to stop the army's assault. He gathered the family together to find someone worthy of contracting with one of the most powerful Arcana of all; #1 The Magician, and eventually Luca was found to be the suitable host. He then used this power to amplify his previous Arcana, #14 Temperance, and use it to severely cripple Moreno's powers and therefore release most of his army from his control. A few fighters still remain which Moreno sends in waves to attack the Famiglia, but whilst Luca remains strong the army stays small.

Due to the huge strain caused by these events, Nova grows ever weaker and is in desperate need of a new contract to be formed with The World before it becomes too much to handle and he dies. However, such an important and powerful card cannot be given to simply anyone, so it's now up to you to see who gets the card and the title of 'Papa'. A tournament called the Arcana Duello has been organised to take place late in the year in which everyone with an Arcana contract will participate to test their powers and see who's strongest, and the winner will be granted one wish from Nova whilst becoming the new 'Papa' of the family. However Luca has been growing tired from the years of suppressing Moreno causing his powers to weaken by the day, so it's only a matter of time before Moreno will get his chance to strike again.

Notable NPCs
    • Nova – 'Papa' (#21; The World); the head of the Arcana Famiglia and the reason behind Moreno's plans; slowly dying from the effects of The World and needs to find a new 'papa' to take his place.
    • Felicita – 'Mama' (#10; The Wheel of Fortune, #6; The Lovers); married to Nova and looks after the family as their 'Mama'.
    • Liberta - Executive Head (#0; The Fool); Nova's best friend and Felicita's ex-love interest; leads the family whilst Nova is unable.
    • Moreno - Nova's dad (#15; The Devil); rogue member of the Arcana Famiglia; vendetta against Nova.
    • Luca - Family advisor (#1; The Magician, #14; Temperance); Felicita's personal assistant since birth; budding alchemist since birth and acts as the family's doctor; supresses Moreno's abilities to an extent.

Rules
    • Each card can only be contracted by one player and each player can only choose to contract one card.
    • Arcana card contracts provide a primary effect (listed below) and a secondary effect; the secondary effect provides power, agility, stamina, and in some cases elemental effects such as conjuring energy balls (include in SU if relevant to your character).
    • Two players will be dealt a secondary Arcana card each but will not be told about them until relevant to the story.
    • If you wish to leave the roleplay, please ensure your character dies so that someone else may create a character to form a contract with that card.
    • There can only be one leader of each sector; if two or more apply to be leader of the same sector the decision will be based on each player's RP sample.
    • When fighting, players cannot control each other's actions but are able to control NPC actions, other than against enemies which are specified otherwise.
    • Players may create NPCs to speak to and interact with, but none may be part of the famiglia (AKA no Arcana cards can be used up by NPCs that are created by players).
    • At first, a maximum of 12 players will be accepted leaving 3 spare Arcana cards.
    • Players may apply to enter the RP at any time, but may be asked to wait till a certain event before joining.

Arcana Cards & Powers
    Cards in bold may not be selected as they are already occupied by NPCs or other players.

#N Arcana Name - Card's primary power (Owner)
    #0 The Fool - What is wished for happens (Liberta - NPC)
    #1 The Magician - Can strengthen other people's arcana powers and unlock their potentials (Luca - NPC)
    #2 The High Priestess - Can restore health to others
    #3 The Empress - Ability to create illusions
    #4 The Emperor - Remove & manipulate memories
    #5 The Hierophant - Can remove hostility and unify a group; power over words
    #6 The Lovers - See into someone's heart (Felicita - NPC)
    #7 The Chariot - Ability to walk on any terrain (eg water)
    #8 Strength - Incredible strength
    #9 The Hermit - Invisibility
    #10 Wheel of Fortune - Ability to change host/card relationships (Felicita - NPC)
    #11 Justice - Ability to influence someone's opinions
    #12 The Hanged Man - Ability to become intangible when desperate
    #13 Death - Instant sleep; solo and group
    #14 Temperance - Allay other arcana powers (Luca - NPC)
    #15 The Devil - Ability to control people with weak emotions (Moreno - NPC)
    #16 The Tower - Force others to only speak the truth
    #17 The Star - Can perceive near-future events (ie exceptional reflexes)
    #18 The Moon - Draw out people's memories
    #19 The Sun - Ability to draw out the goodness in someone
    #20 Judgement - Fortune telling
    #21 The World - Can seal other Arcana powers and bind people to their card (Nova - NPC)

House Sectors
    Wands - Responsible for inspections and maintenance.
    Coins - Responsible for managing Regalo's finances.
    Swords - Responsible for defence.
    Alchemists - Responsible for medicine.
    Caves - Responsible for supplies.
    Intelligence - Responsible for diplomacy.

Sign-Up
    General
    Name: <Character's name>
    Appearance: <Picture optional; include location of Arcana mark in description>
    Personality: <One or two paragraphs detailing how the character acts and behaves>

Arcana
    Arcana Card: <Which card your character made a contract with>
    Secondary Effects: <If your character has special secondary effects from their card (eg ability to control energy), note them here. Please be fair when filling this in if your Arcana card is very powerful.>

Ability to control powers: <Arcana powers work based on emotion and are therefore incredibly difficult to master at first; a 17 year old would have very little control over their power (for example it could happen randomly or not do what they expect) whereas older/experienced players would have more control; all characters will learn to control their powers throughout the RP>
    Section of the house & postion: <Sword, Club, Coin, etc/Leader, Apprentice, etc; only relevant for history on the island and character background>
    History on the island: <Small RP sample regarding the character's history on Regalo, how they got to the position they're in, and how their powers have manifested so far>

Accepted Players
    username

Last edited:
    Years
  • New Topic: If you could take any ice pokemon to a Ski Resort, which would you take and why?

I'd ski with a Sneasel cos it's fast and it has good agility, as seen in the anime.

Here's my strongest Ice-type in my Black Version - my Vanilluxe!

[Winter Haven] Ice Club

Level 50
    Female
    Timid nature (+Speed, -Attack)
    Ice Body
    Somewhat stubborn
    ID No. 36647
    OT Nichole
    148 HP / 96 Atk / 95 Def / 128 Sp. Atk / 112 Sp. Def / 104 Spd
    Ice Beam, Hail, Acid Armor, Flash Cannon

Caught this one as a Lv22 Vanillite in the Cold Storage, I wanted to give this ice cream some love...

Here's my Weavile, who I evolved from a Sneasel I caught at Giant Chasm:

[Winter Haven] Ice Club

Level 49
    Male
    Quirky nature (no stat change)
    Pressure
    Very finicky
    ID No. 36647
    OT Nichole
    132 HP / 122 Atk / 75 Def / 55 Sp. Atk / 89 Sp. Def / 133 Spd
    Metal Claw, Hone Claws, Ice Beam, Night Slash

Yeah, he needs more training plus the only physical Ice moves his species learns have to be bred onto him. Such a shame I gave him Ice Beam when his Sp. Atk is so low. But I just wanted to show him to you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back