• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark's Pokemon tensed up a bit when Corphish was broughtout. To be fair, he snapped his claws first. Snype and Commodore of course didn't approach but Able did not like being talked to like that. Mark quickly noticed the attitude and turned to Able.

"Able. Chill." Mark said. The Cicada sneered a moment until letting off a sigh. He kept a close eye on the Corphish though.

"Chill out will ya? We aren't gonna touch your trainer." Able said as she floated on level with Corphish. Mark chuckled.

"I've actually never seen this Pokemon before. I'm mostly familiar with Pokemon from Kanto and Johto. He's pretty cool looking!" Mark said

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

"Well, he's a Corphish, and a Water type. He evolves into a Crawdaunt just through, like, normal training and whatever. But when he evolves he picks up the Dark type as well. I think they're from Hoenn originally, but I'm not too sure since I caught him out at sea. They're known for usually having a bit of an attitude problem, and Corphish here kinda confirms that. But he was my first Pokemon, and we didn't exactly meet in the best circumstances, so I cut him a bit of slack."

"Yeah, yeah, that's right, right, yah ain't gonna touch her, see?" Corphish snapped his claws again. "Yah know what's good for yah, don't want a piece of this!"

"Corphish, stop snapping at people! It's rude, they think you're being aggressive."

Corphish grumbled and lowered his claws, glaring at Able as though it were her fault.​

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
Iny Gage: Practical battling.

Iny sat down with the book in front of her, Swiftly shuffling through the pages until she finds aa picture of one of her pokemon, Not really caring which one it is. "Lets seeee here.... Here we go!" She says stopping on a page with the small red fox Vulpix first. "I doubt there's much more I can learn about my little cally from this book but Same goes for Tiba honestly" She thinks to herself, looking back to see what's taking clumsy so long.

Looking back, he was talking to another boy, possibly about being his partner, Focused on skimming the pages she didnt even notice him. "Crap..." She thought to herself "I assumed everyone would already have a partner".

"Uhh, I was uh … planning to pair up with … " he then paused " … my friend here"

Just then Iny finally realised, "He doesn't know my name either" She thought to herself, not noticing his smile. "Well, then again, He wasn't there when I introduced myself to Holly, why would he?" She asked herself. "Oh well, I guess we'll just introduce ourselves to each other when he sits down. She resolves, Sitting back in her chair waiting.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Pokemon Center

Shawn watched the conversation as he moved behind her a little, placing a hand on her shoulder. He saw a new face, a blond-headed guy she referred to as Chase. They were talking to her about forgiving Satoshi for what he did to Kayla, but she refused. It was then that he offered his two cents worth.

"You know," Shawn said quietly enough for just him and Kayla to hear, "over the wire like this makes it feel so impersonal. A situation of this magnitude should be handled face-to-face...in person, don't you think?" He then leaned down to kiss her forehead. "Anyways, that's what I think."

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years

Zayne Alta

Zayne had been making rounds of the class when one of his students came up to him seemingly out of the blue
"Hey, Mr. Alta, I kinda can't find a partner. All the class is filled up, except for me. So I was wondering what I should do now, since I can't work on the lesson..." Zayne felt bad for the kid, it didn't matter who you were exclusion hurt, and it was pretty clear that he wasn't having much of a good time of the class - and there was no way he was going to be missing any of the lesson.
I could work with him, but then I couldn't keep an eye on everyone else. I guess I'll have to chuck him into a group as a third party.
"Go and join a group and make a group of three - it will work the same with each of you analysing one of the others pokemon and if you finish early you can then start an analysis on the third person's".

With that dealt with he continued observing the class. Things were going well enough for the class but a couple of the students were clueless. He made sure to go to those ones and help them first.

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Conor Crawford || Class --> Practical Battling

"Hmm let's see here … ah there we go, 'Pokémon Analysis', exactly what I needed" Conor muttered as he managed to find the book that was required for the lesson.

He looked around and seen Iny sitting down with a spare seat beside her. As far as Conor was aware he didn't actually fully confirm with Iny that he wanted to work with her. "Surely she would be expecting me to work with her. Only one way to find out" Conor thought as he walked towards the table at which Iny was sitting.

He placed the book down on the desk and sat down beside her. He slouched back in his chair and looked over towards Iny. "Chosen your Pokémon yet?". Conor had no idea what kind of Pokemon Iny owned, heck he didn't even know her name nor where she was from yet. This class would allow him to learn a bit more about Iny and what kind of Pokémon she owned.

Conor looked up the front and saw the boy from just a minute ago who required a partner talking to the teacher, hopefully now he would find a partner. Conor wasn't able to make out what they were saying so it was a mystery to him.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
[sorry I took so long to reply...]

Steven Yew
picture.php

Classtime
Yew's history class

As the last few students trickled in, Yew stood up. Facing the class, he said, "I do believe that everyone is here, so I guess I'll introduce myself. I am professor Steven Yew, masters in Mythological history, and so on and so forth. I won't bore you with all the details. What's important is that you're here. I can promise you now, this will be the best class you will take at this academy." He then clapped his hands together, and said, "Alright, open the textbooks under your desks and open them to page 153. I would like a page of notes detailing that page on my desk by the end of class."

He chuckled to himself as he sat back in his desk chair. For on page 153, was not textbook work at all, but a note that said,
I don't do textbook work in this class. This book is almost useless to me, and besides, textbooks aren't fun. You can put this back where you found it and replace the book under your desk.
-Prof. Yew​

Yew waited for all of the students to put away their books, ready to start the real fun.

Professor of Pokemon history and mythology

Party:
Spoiler:

Boxed Pokémon:
Spoiler:

Fixed Float!

Last edited:
Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla sighed. "You think?" she whispered back to Shawn. Chase frowned and looked to the side. "I think Amy heard that," he whispered, hoping that his sister wasn't listening. "And I hope that she isn't getting ideas." Kayla gasped. "She wouldn't." She groaned when Chase was pushed aside by Amy. "That's a good idea!" she said excitedly. "We're on our way! And for future reference, Shawn, I hear EVERYTHING." Chase turned the Xtransciever to himself and sighed. "The good news is that we'll have to stop by the mansion to get your brother. The bad news is that we're still coming... Wish me luck." Kayla frowned as the screen went blank. "And there they go," she whispered. She closed her eyes and sighed. "At least I won't have to deal with that for a while. They're in Unova and my brother's in Sinnoh."

Megaman765

Years
Able chuckled at the Corphish as he snapped his claws. She was seeing this as some sort of challenge. "Awww comon! You call those claws?" Able showed her claws off to the Corphish confidently. "THESE babies are claws! Could cut right through Rock I'm sure!" She taunted. Mark looked at Able a tad concern at how aggressive she was acting. She loved winning. Nothing ticked her off more then losing. The last battle she lost, Able didn't even listen to Mark. Heck, she cut a large hole through his shirt.

"Sorry about Able... she can be a lot of trouble sometimes. I'm not supposed to have her battle for awhile. We're going through our own little training exercise right now so we can connect better. Ninjask aren't easy Pokemon to train..." Mark said. Mark kind of shuddered at the mention of the sea.

pokefan9900

The Egg has Finally Hatched!!!
Years
Mike turned and saw the boy he was talking to earlier with the other girl he saw, and walked over to them to ask to be a third partner. "Hey, Mr.! Mr. Alta said I could be a third person in a group, so I decided I wanted to ask you guys first! Please, is t okay if I join you guys? I'm sure we can be good friends?!" Mike felt a little embarrassed, as he thought he was almost begging to be in. These two stand out from the rest of the class, and I really do think we'll get along, I just hope they accept me. Mike was really nervous now, and waited for the response, also carrying a weird, nervous smile on him as well.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

"Put 'em away, put 'em away! Yah just gonna embaress yerself, embaress I tells yah! Flashin' yer little toothpicks, take 'em away, take 'em away! Yeh're a chump and a half, and a half I tells yah!" Corphish waved a claw dismissively, having been told to stop snapping them. He tried not to directly disobey Sammy unless she was being stubborn.

"That must be tough," Sammy commented, "Corphish has been pretty easy to train apart from his bad attitude sometimes. He's definitely my strongest Pokemon, never lost a battle with him, so I'm letting him take a break at the minute while I train up Cubone and Shuppet. Unless I really need him obviously. I wanna try and raise all my Pokemon evenly, I don't wanna be one of those trainers with one unstoppable Pokemon and the rest of their team is about average. Better to have a whole team above average I think, gives you more flexibility, y'know? Not that he's too happy about it. He's kinda the opposite of Cubone, Corphish loves to battle."​

siiadams

Years

"I'm sorry," Shawn said as she hung up with her family, "I need to learn when to keep my mouth shut." He knew, though, that travelling from Unova to Sinnoh to Kanto would take a couple of weeks or so. They had time to prepare for their visit. Question is: would he be able to make a good impression on them?

"At least it gives us time to prepare for them," Shawn commented, "Kayla, don't be nervous or anything. This had to happen sooner or later. Besides, I'll be right beside you, so you can depend on me to pull you away if it becomes too much." He came around to her, placing a hand on her shoulder, determined to help her through all this. After all, that's what a good boyfriend does, right?

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
Bai Kong​

Bai glanced at the door as a student ran into the classroom, late. "Yes, this is. My name is Bai Kong, but you can call me Bai lao shi or Bai-sensei, it's up to you. Luckily, this class is only a question and answer format and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. If I've already answered it, however, I will ask you to stay behind a little bit so I can answer that question separately without having to repeat information with the rest of the class. Please, take a seat."

Bai put a finger to her chin. "Next time, there will be a penalty for being late, so make certain not to be! And that goes for everyone."

After the late student to his seat, another student asked a question: "How would you deal with total defeat, and the fear or terror that follows?"

Bai noticed that the student didn't seem to be asking this question out of innocence; instead, the student seemed to be very experienced in such a matter and that made Bai angry; although, she didn't show it.

"Would you like a more detailed description?" asked Bai curiously. "And during or after the scenario?"

Bai thought as to what to say for a moment. "For the whole class, let me say this: you may find yourself in a scenario where there is no possible way out and you know that you are going to die. Don't let your last moments be filled with regrets or fear. Fight against it with the last of your strength or accept it. At least spend your last moments happy.

"If you would like a more detailed description or if you would like to talk to me, please stay after class," finished Bai, staring at the student who asked such a serious question. "Any more questions?"

Megaman765

Years
Able made a loud noise as Cicadas usually do. She flew up to Corphish's face with an angry look. "Toothpicks? Ha! You wish you had claws like these! I can smell your jealousy!" She said with a wink. This Corphish was really pushing her buttons now. He wouldn't fight as much as she wanted to but this verbal argument was sure something.

"Likes to fight huh? Ha. He'd get along with Able nicely. She loves that sort of thing. The two look like they're having fun already." He joked. At least Able was enjoying herself... somewhat. He just hoped it wouldn't lead to a big fight... Whenever Able was challanged she never let it go. She'd keep fighting on until she won her case and made her point very clear. It often led to big fights or her just screaming and making an annoying buzzing sound. She was extremely fiesty.

Last edited:
Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla sighed. "By a while, I meant a few minutes. Maybe a couple hours. My family has some Psychic Pokemon, and knowing Amy, she'll rush right over. I'm glad I'm not stuck with a sister like her..." Kayla sighed again. "I thought that I'd get to get away from my family here. They're like vultures. I only came here for Holly anyway. I should probably tell her about her sister coming, but her class probably started already. I don't want to get her in trouble." She looked around. "Where'd Prim go?" she asked. "Primrose? Where are you?" Kayla blinked when she heard squeaking under the bed and sighed. "Don't scare me like that," she muttered. She looked up at Shawn. "When Amy gets here, don't act like a wimp or anything. She hates that. And just watch out. She's kind of crazy."

siiadams

Years

Shawn nodded as Kayla gave him a couple of pointers to help him deal with Amy. He didn't realize they'd be using psychic pokemon to teleport here. Then again, if he could do it to get here on his first day, so could others. It felt wierd for him to meet someone else's family. Maybe he'd have to introduce Kayla to his someday, providing he could find them.

"Don't worry about me," he said to her with a grin, "I'm actually looking forward to this. Don't ask me why because I don't really know." He recalled Pyra to her pokeball and sat back down. "Since you said you originally came here just for Holly's sake, does this mean you won't be staying?" Shawn asked, kinda choking on his words. He couldn't imagine being alone again after expressing his feelings for her. He looked down to the ground, waiting.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper
"Yah can't even snap 'em, yah can't even! They's little scratchers, take care of an itch but that's it I tells ya! Now scram, scram, me and The Coop have got business to take care of, big business I tells ya! Ain't got the time for small fries!"

"I guess so," Sammy laughed, "but if she's not allowed to battle Corphish will probably just get her all worked up. Anyway, I was hoping to explore some more of the island today, I've not seen much of it yet. Any ideas where I should start? I heard there's a volcano and swamp and, like, ice... zone... or something. It all sounds really cool, but I don't wanna end up over my head and get stranded, know what I mean?"

Seeing all of Marks Pokemon was helping her realise that as important as it was to work on the Pokemon she had, developing her team was just as important. Mark had Ghost, Dark, Water, Fighting, Normal, Bug, Flying and who knew what else! From what she knew of types, he would be in a good position to handle her with ease. His Poliwrath would resist Corphish. The same Poliwrath would - and had! - destroy Cubone. And Snype was the perfect Pokemon to take down Shuppet. If she had any hope of beating him she was going to need to push herself past her comfort zone and work hard.​

Megaman765

Years
Able wasn't going to let up now! The Corphish would have another thing coming at this rate. "Can't snap em? I don't need to snap them!" She said as she clashed her claws together to make a loud shwing sound and sharpen up her claws. "These beauties are as sharp as can be! And I'd fly circles around you with these little "toothpicks"! Able continued. Finally some competition. If she wasn't allowed to fight, she could sure as heck fight verbally!

Mark thought of a couple of locations around the island that came to mind.

"Hmm... there's actually an abandoned Power Plant I was hoping to check it out sometime. I've yet to get myself an electric type Pokemon... The Volcano is also a spot I've wanted to check out... theres a part of the Swamp thats currently off limits and I don't think I'm dressed properly for the ice zone. Hehe. If you don't mind the company I can stick around!" Mark said with a grin.

Years
Kayla Makuhatayama

Kayla laughed. "I'm sure that you won't be excited about meeting her later." She frowned. "I was here just for fun... I didn't think that I'd last long here. But now I've made a bunch of friends and I've even got a boyfriend!" She kissed Shawn's cheek and smiled. "Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere any time soon. My parents would make me stay anyway. So would Satoshi. I do kind of miss the flowers back home, though... They're not the same here, you know?" Kayla closed her eyes and smiled. "That was the best part about home. The flowers didn't judge me for being smart."

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

"Yeah, yah'd fly circles and that'd be it, there's nothin' to yah! Sharpness ain't nothin, I got da power, could crush you like a bug! Yah are a bug and I'd crush yah like yah are, like yah are!"

"I wouldn't mind seeing the volcano, I've never seen one before," Sammy admitted, "but I guess I could do with an electric Pokemon too. There aren't many types I don't need right now. Is one much closer than the other, or much more dangerous? I imagine the volcano is alright so long as you don't, y'know, jump in. But the power plant can't be too bad either." Sammy shrugged. "You know the island better than I do. I'm happy with whatever, either ones a good story to tell my Pops."

Fire or Electric... Fire would be great against Able, and Electric would be perfect for taking down Len. It wasn't that she didn't like Mark, she did, but she hated seeming weak. Worse than that she hated being weak, which right now as a Pokemon Trainer she was. A little battle experience at the power plant or the volcano, maybe even a new Pokemon, and the progress she had made so far could be improved on.​

Back