• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gilded Halls ★ IC

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years

William Coenen: The Eternal Curse of Boredom

Will continued to hold the towel against his nose for another few minutes before realizing the flow of blood had finally stopped. Thank goodness, last thing I need is to look all bloody. When Selena stood up and gave him a light hug he resisted the urge to wrap his arms around her and merely returned her gesture in kind, but when her hand brushed his back on the way out he felt electricity spike up his spine and he only managed to let out a garbled goodbye as she left. "Alright...see you later." He couldn't stop himself from watching her leave, his near perfect eyes taking in every detail of her movements, when she was gone he shook her head to clear his thoughts and both Nathan and Matthias' exits came to mind. Is it that obvious? Am I that much of a sucker for a pretty girl that everyone can see it? Oh well, at least I'm around a nice one. He stood all the way up and felt the protests of his muscles make it clear he had been still for far too long, while he stretched Ms. Fallcrest rolled her eyes at him and shooed him out.

After making his way out of the nurse's office Liam continued to stretch before it clicked in head brain that he had nothing to do. It's always nice to see Selena, and I'm sure she looks good in whatever she dresses for pajamas but...I don't want to sit in the room, not just yet...then again perhaps that's not what she has in mind... He smacked his cheek softly before his thoughts could wander in an unclean direction and he made his way down the stairs to look around. Hmph...I'd rather do a late night walk when most people have gone to bed so for now...guess I may as well go make myself some dinner and head back to the room. And with that he made his way in the general direction of the dorms to get some snackage in the lounge.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Selena Bravo - Room #1, Lounge

"I'm bored."

Not feeling any pain whatsoever, Selena sat up on the side of her bed, facing Liam's messy side of his bed. It was a rarity that Liam never showed up. The night was already getting darker and most students should get to bed by then, but it was possible that Selena was the only person who technically went to bed. Her stomach growled, she hadn't ate since lunch and her thirst made up for it. Speaking of which, she hadn't felt thirsty since the bath she took...and that would be a sign that she had the required intake of water for today.

Selena thought to herself for a sec...whether she'd walk out of the classroom with her PJ's on or not. It was too early for her to go to bed, but she felt rested already. She walked over to the bathroom mirror and looked at her PJ outfit, sporting a pink tanktop with 1 inch straps, and pink shorts laced around her waist. Hoping there wasn't some sort of dress code, she ultimately decided to go out to the kitchen...in her PJ's.

Selena fixed her hair quickly, putting her messy, spongy brown hair up in a floppy bun, and placed her sandals on her feet. She wasn't expecting on running into anyone, but all she wanted was food.

Locking the door after her, Selena walked past the students sitting around the lounge. The majority of the students were watching something on TV. Selena wasn't at all interested, so she walked on by. She reached the kitchen and spotted Matt looking for something in the refrigerator. Assuming Matt was already cured of his concussion, she smiled as she walked up to him.

"I wonder what's on the menu tonight?" Selena said, in attempt to bring Matt into attention. She looked around the kitchen, in hopes of something good.​

Last edited:
Years
Priscilla Bellerose

Priscilla waved at Eden as he left and smiled. "See, Teddy?" she said as she walked back to her room. "He's not weird. You're just being overly protective, you silly bear!" She hugged Teddy tighter as she opened the door and walked straight to her bed. She put Teddy on her pillow and smiled at him. "You stay right there while I unpack, okay? Then we can play." Priscilla smiled and started opening her suitcases, but stopped and frowned. "Do I really have to unpack, Teddy? I'm sure Mommy and Daddy will come pick me up soon. Or maybe even Alyssa..." She sat down on her bed and grabbed her bear sadly. "I miss her..." She frowned and shook her head. "Maybe I'll meet more people tomorrow... Or today, if I feel like leaving.' Priscilla groaned softly and curled up into a ball.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Alicea coughed and sputtered, and rolled onto her side, but she was ok. She took more breaths, deep, even ones, and looked up when she heard a familiar voice. Nathan was here? Oh god, she was going to die of embarrassment! She nodded meekly and lay on her back again, blinking up at him and the other boy.

"Y-yeah... A-ai think Ai'm awright..." she said at last, still kind of just laying there. Slowly she sat up and looked around. She felt queasy, and her entire body was sore, especially her ankle. She felt mortified about what had happened, she was a good swimmer after all!

"A-ai dunno what happened... The pool jus' kinda started whippin' aroun' like... Like a blender err some'in. Ai reckon he got me out 'fore ai drowned... Ai dunno..." she said softly, her voice shaking and cracking a bit. She closed her eyes, and opened them again. Already her vision was clearing too. She must not have damaged them too much.

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
Well, she was alright. Since she was now in the arms of her ever-so-capable boyfriend, he decided to give them both a nod of recognition and customary respect, and slid off silently away from the scene.

Since the pool and most things were closed already, there was little else to do for the day. So, he decided to head over to his room where he was now staying at.

Seeing that there was obviously someone else living here, he decided to place the four remaining bottles more strategically around the room. One by the window, one near his own bed, and the other two near the door.

He knew that exploding water bottles was a somewhat paltry security measure, but he would come up with something more decisive in the near future. In the meantime, he simply took a quick shower, hopped into just a pair of pants, and sat down on his bed to read a book.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Matthias & Selena – Valiant house; Kitchen

"Huh?" Matthias stood up straight from having bent over slightly, peering into the fridge and looked over his shoulder, just as Selena walked by to stand next to the counter, peering around it and up at the cupboards above. He blinked a little in surprise, both at seeing her, and seeing her in her pyjamas. His cheeks darkened a little, and the two, metallic orbs floating over his hand almost fell down before he managed to snap out of it, shaking his head slightly.

"Oh, uh... well, nothing's appeared out of the blue, so I'm guessing we have to make some food ourselves. Not that I mind, I love cooking." He sent her a warm smile while continuing to slowly bend and stretch his fingers, causing the orbs to continue to fly around before tossing his head toward the fridge and stepping slightly back. "What do you fancy? I'm sure I could cook something up, the fridge is stocked full."

And yes, the fridge was pretty well stocked. It was awesome that the school wanted the students to cook up their own food. But Selena wasn't much of a cook herself. She was more of a microwave person, who loved to cook up her ramen noodles in there. But Selena wanted something more though. The pizza she ate earlier wasn't enough and might make her a little sick later on. Matt stared at Selena for a few brief seconds, glancing at her PJ's. She felt a little awkward as he stared down...maybe wearing PJ's wasn't a very good idea.

"Well, I was hoping I'd get a salad, or make myself a fruit & yogurt parfait. Something to just...kill the hunger I have." Selena replied, "Although most of the stuff in the fridge looks really, really good...but it requires cooking but I don't like to cook at all."

Matthias gave Selena a little smile and shrugged lightly. She obviously wasn't feeling awkward about running around in her pyjamas in the lounge area, so why should he?

"Well, you know, I could easily cook up a meal for the both of us if you wanted. I was going to cook for myself anyways, and it wouldn't take that much to cook for another person. Though I... erh, I don't know what kind of food you like, or if you're allergic to anything. I was going to make a kind of meatballs and potatoes dish, but it's a little more... special. It's something you only really see if you come to Denmark, heh."

He gave her a warm, reassuring smile, as if to say that it was okay for her to let him cook food for her. "So, can I interest you in a meal, Selena?"

"Mmmm!" Selena gestured at Matt's idea to cook a delicious meal for not only for himself, but for her as well. Although her diet wasn't too fond of meats, but she had Pizza earlier...there wasn't any reason to reject an offer like Matt's homestyle cooking. "It sounds delicious. Back in my home country, my grandparents made meatball stew which consist of rice-filled meatballs with a hint of onion. My grandmother always added tons of vegetables. I really love vegetables."

She then grabbed a clean glass and filled it up with water from the gallon. She wasn't as thirsty as before, but she still wanted to maintain her balance as a plant manipulator. As she walked while drinking her glass of water, she accidentally bumped into a used glass as it headed towards the floor. With rapid thinking, Selena stretched her vines as quick as possible and was able to grab the glass before it hit the floor, preventing any broken glass. As clumsy as she is, she was relieved to have prevented an awkward moment.

She smiled at Matt as she placed the glass on the counter top. "Would you like me to help you with...something? Maybe chop some onions or season the meatballs?

Matthias gave a nod and a smile at the fact that Selena accepted his offer. He didn't really mind cooking for one person extra. There would've been far too much food just for him to eat anyways. He turned to the fridge and looked through it, letting the metallic orbs drop into his hands, which he pocketed before starting to take things out of the fridge. Minced pork, some carrots, potatoes, a bit of milk, an egg and some margarine, all of which he placed on the counter, next to the glass that had almost lost its life.

"Oh, right, onions! Yeah, if you'd start chopping onions and grate two carrots, that'd be really helpful. And if you've got time to spare, peeling some potatoes would help alot too." He gave her a smile as he scooted past her, leaning down to open a couple of cupboards before finding what he needed; A pan, a bowl and an electric mixer.

"Alright, so... as I said, these aren't really meatballs. They're called 'Frikadeller', and they're -really- delicious. Since you like vegetables, we'll add the grated carrots into the meat, it'll give them a bit more taste."

Selena had a hard time understanding what Matt was trying to do. Sure, it was meatballs, but it was more of a different style. She's willing, and very tempted to see what Matt wanted to cook up, and she was more than happy to discover a new taste in food.

As Matt placed the items on the counter where Selena was located, she took out a cutting board, and started looking for a knife. In the meantime, there was a lone oven mitten on the edge of the counter that she spotted. She grabbed it and placed it in her right hand. With her left hand, she opened one of the utensil drawers and grabbed a chopping knife as well as a hand grater. With the oven mit-covered hand, she grabbed the knife first, and grabbed the onion with her left...placing on the plastic cutting board and started chopping smoothly...without any hesitation or fear.

Freeeeekaaaa...Selena started to pronounce the word in her mind. It was difficult for her, her mind kept repeating the word until she got it right. She placed the chopped onions aside and grabbed two more carrots from the counter, grating them in a small cup to separate the onions. Slowly as she grated, she heard loud noises coming from the lounge area. Maybe a TV show probably wowed the crowd.

"Alright, Matt." Selena said, "Onions chopped, carrots grated. Whatever you said it was, I know it's going to be quite delicious!"
Matthias sent Selena a little grin as he tucked the lump of minced meat into the bowl, along with the egg (after cracking it of course), some milk, salt and pepper and a little bit of flour. He then plugged the electric mixer into the wall and began stirring it up into a sort of meat-mix that seemed to stick together with itself, while still having the same squishy-minced-meat substance.

"Well, we'll see if you like them at least! It's really one of the most common things to cook in Denmark, but you know... you have to stick to your roots, right?" With the comment, he sent her a wry little smirk, clearly entertained at his own little pun, pointed at her. "Oh, and if you could start with the potatoes, that'd be awesome. Just put them on the stove when you're done peeling them, and then we'll see just how good a chef I am!"
Selena nodded with a soft "Yes" reply as she fixed her oven mitten on her right hand, as it was a little loose. As Matt began to beat the eggs and some other ingredients with the electric mixer. She looked at her left wrist and sprouted a little vine from her. She smiled and chuckled softly "Roots...hah! Very funny, Matt!"

She peeled off the skin of three potatoes in a snap, starting to smell the pepper-ish flavor from the mix Matt was making. It started to tickle her nose. Not much of a lovely smell for her, but she began to resist. Selena placed the three potatoes on the cutting board, tossing the potato peels to the nearby trash can. She took the whole cutting board, along with the chopped onions and the grated carrots to the stove next to where Matt was.

Placing the items next to the stove, she turned around and covered her nose and mouth, and let out a soft squeaky sneeze.

"Bless you." Matthias replied to her, sending her a little glance. He took a moment to place the pan on the stove, turning it on while stepping over to place a hand on her shoulder. "You okay? I think I might've spilt the pepper a bit, so... sorry, heh." He then picked up the grated carrots and onions and chucked them into the meat-mix, giving them another little stir.

"Alright, not much longer now. You chuck the potatoes in a pot and put them on the stove and get them cooking, I'll take care of the meat, and in... half an hour, we'll be ready to eat." He gave a little grin as he cut off a slice of margarine, preparing to put it on the pan. He gave her a little glance, deciding to start some small-talk again. "So, uh... you and Will, huh? You really do seem to hit it off, so I can understand that."

"Thank you," Selena replied, her eyes widened as he started to ask about herself and Will. He assumed that both of them were close, but that was not *entirely* true for Selena. Did Matt ever thought she liked Liam? It was barely the first day! "Um...well, we're just roommates, and we never really got to know each other that much." She explained, "I mean, I care because he's my roomie but not more than that. He just seems so..shy around me, as if I'm a threat to him."

Selena started to remember the time they both met for the first time. They were instant enemies at first, but they soon grew to be really good roommates. She reminded herself of the special flower he gave her, which was as beautiful as she was. And not to mention the mutual healing at the nurses office. Maybe that's what made Matt thought of that way.

She shook her head and placed her mind on Matt's cooking, which began to smell really delicious. She was hesitant to ask Matt why, but...she wanted to hold that thought for now. "My, that is starting to smell real good, actually."

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Will continued on his way to the lounge with a light smile on his face, not only did it seem like Selena liked him-even if it was just her being nice-he had done a good deed and now he had a bit of time to think. He didn't really know what it was, but even though he likes people and is bored easily, there's always been something interesting about being by himself too, especially at night. The wonderful smell of various foods being cooked in Valiant House's kitchen began to grace his nose, but before he could indulge his stomach and follow the enticing scent his eyes were met something more on the strange side and his attention shifted. A girl was walking down the hallway...with her eyes closed?

He knew many people with disabilities didn't feel anything was wrong with him and he'd never say there was, but nonetheless he felt sympathy tighten is throat as he watched her make her way merely with feel and her less direct senses. He spoke before he even realized he had formed words. "Um...excuse me but are you...blind?" Will stood near her while he spoke, so it would be easy to hear where he was and in case she reached for him to know where he was, he knew some blind people used touch more than other means to experience the world around them.

Angel tilted her head, turning in the direction of the voice. Was she blind? Was this the... what was the word... stereotype? You were blind because you kept your eyes closed? How... odd. The hypocrisy escaped her. She raised her head. He was obviously taller than she was, based on the way the voice had reached her. Should she be honest? It would not harm her.

"I used to be," Angel finally answered, her voice pensive. "I would like to be again." Then she smiled, as if such dark, unusual words were spoken normally. "Are you a student here as well?" Though she was a rather quiet, introverted person by nature, she liked boys well enough. This person, though obviously not the same person, reminded her of Benjy. She missed him.She extended her hand slowly. "Nice to meet you..."

As Will looked at the girl he couldn't help thinking something was strange about her besides the obvious. Her words shocked him and the sharp intake of breath would make it obvious, but he stopped himself from asking why she would say such a thing. Used to be? Well considering what school this is any number of things may have happened. "Well...I supposed normal is subjective right? If you live your life a certain way and your happy with it I would you want an innate part of it to change?" He offered reassuringly, taking her hand and shaking it. "Nice to meet you to, I'm William, but you can call me whatever you'd like."

Angel nodded her head. "A pleasure to meet you, William. My parents called me Angel... but..." A brief pause, then another smile. "If it suits you, Ange is a nickname of mine." She tilted her head at his words and then nodded. "It is more of something I physically have trouble getting used to... like lights... or details. They are very sharp... and with my other senses..."

She trailed off, wondering if trying to explain was such a good idea. Most people would not understand it, having lived their lives with mostly normal ways of seeing and being. Her body was naturally used to her not having sight... now, even with the changes, it was still accustomed to her... well, not seeing. And her body was behaving like she couldn't... except her eyes could... the doctors were very confusing about the entire issue... never the less, she inwardly knew it was hard to work around in an environment relying on light.

Will nodded, not thinking about the fact that she wouldn't see it. "Angel huh? That's a nice name...Don't worry about trying to explain being blind to me, I doubt I'd understand, it would be like explaining to you how I see things. I uh...well I have special eyes I guess, i'll leave it at that. So what were you off to do? Because if you don't have anything pressing I'm sure my friends would love for you to eat with us, if they haven't already scarfed everything down before I get there that is." He chuckled a bit, although he really was afraid of not getting any food.

"Ah...." Angel hesitated. "I am afraid I must decline. I am going to see my friend and make dinner." She smiled a little shyly. "I wish i could, but perhaps next time would be more appropriate." She hesitated. "Of course ... could we have a next time? I would like to be friends..."

Will was about to say sure and goodbye but then a thought struck him. "Hm...I know someone who's really good at making friends...is it someone tall and gorgeous with red hair who's a bit of a leader in conversation?"

She didn't know about red hair... but Ginny's voice had been easily above her ears and she had been very active and vocal... for the most part. "You mean Ginny,yes?"

He chuckled lately at the realization that his inkling was right. "Yes, yes indeed I do. She seems really nice, I'm sure you two will have fun, good thing I've got somewhere to go because...well to be honest I'm kind of avoiding her, not that it's been hard. She's cool but...She's too...She's so...I get flustered around her and I can't think straight so...yeah." He took a breath before his brain could scramble itself anymore. "Anyways I hope you two have a nice time. It was nice meeting you Angel. I hope we get the chance to talk some more later."

"I... see..." To be honest, pardoning the pun, she did not. Perhaps this was the person Ginny had been embarrassed by. Well, in any case, he was quite nice. She hoped to speak with him again. "I... hope we do as well. Nice meeting you as well." She slowly headed towards her own dorm, looking thoughtful. She still had to change.

When Angel began walking back towards her own dorm Will began to lift his hand to wave but stopped himself. Well nobody can say this school is boring. And made his way over to the lounge where he hoped Selena and Matthias would be waiting for him.

this has been a Lord Sephear and Fuyu joint post.

Sephear

Years
Finally passing through the Lounge area of Valiant House Liam stopped when the best kind of scent in the world graced his unworthy nostrils. Home cooked food! Duh-dudun-duh-duh-DUH! CHARGE! He knew enough not to sprint inside, but he began walking quite a bit faster towards the delicious scent until it mingled with the equally pleasant sweet aroma of plants. I see, looks like I came to the right place. He slowed down a bit when he saw his first two friends cooking together, and after only a moment of observing decided he better keep his eyes on Matthias for the sake of being polite.

He made use of his light steps to creep silently up behind his friends, he raised his arms to put one on each of their shoulder's but stopped himself. Scaring someone in the kitchen is NOT safe. Instead he decided merely to make his presence known. "Well well well, does I smell some nice hand prepared food, possibly of a Danish persuasion? Looks like I'm too late to be of much help with the munching but might I still eat with you great and wise Chefs?" He had a big goofy smile on his face, not at his words but at the prospect of sitting down to a personally made meal with who so far felt like his first friends at an amazing new place. "I only have one question...is there room for cheese?"

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Selena Bravo & Matt Winston - Kitchen

"Oh, you're not..." Matt' replied, blinking a little in her direction before letting out a chuckle, shaking his head. "Sorry for assuming things, it was just... you seem to hit it off, and the guy who helped me to the nurse's office said something about you being Will's girlfriend. You didn't react to it and Will' acted all bashful, so... I just assumed, heh. Sorry."

He gave her a smile before letting the margarine slip onto the pan, and as it was boiling away, he picked out a spoon from a nearby drawer and scooped up a lump of the minced-meat-mix, moving it between the spoon and his left hand rather swiftly, in order to form it into a semi-circle, more like an oval. "If you think it smells good now, just wait until it's done. Usually I make this with sauce, but... I know that nearly no countries outside of Denmark don't eat their food with sauce, so I'll just go with some ketchup."

"Ahh, he did?" Selena began to blush a little, trying to hide her feelings from Matt. Her cheeks turned pink. "But really, I don't see ourselves like that in the future. By the way...how's your head?" She glanced over at Matt's cooking skills as he added margarine on the pan and stirred it to a sizzle. He then added lumps of meat on the pan as they both started to cook. The smell of the Danish meatballs invaded Selena's nose, as the smell was to die for. What did Matt do to make this delicious meal smell so good? "Um, try adding a little hot sauce if you want. I kinda like a little spicy."

In the meantime, Liam slowly came to the kitchen, seemingly better from his injuries. Selena glanced over and gave him a brief smile at him. But at the same time she felt awkward that she's wearing PJ's in front of her own roommate. Hoping he wouldn't mind, he's gonna have to get used to it somehow.

"Liam! You're...just in time to see Matt's cooking skills. He's cooking up a great meal from his home country." Selena replied, her arms crossed and glanced over his nose. "Your nose seems okay now, so that's good news."

Matt' couldn't help but give a smile and a little snicker at Selena acting like she did, fidgeting all over the place, even if she said she couldn't see herself and William together in the future. He gave a little shrug, raising a hand to gently tap his nose, wincing before he went back to creating the meat ovals and placing them on the pan, causing them to sizzle away in the margarine. "Eh, head's alright, thumping a little. My nose is what really hurts, though it's starting to go more numb, so... there's that I guess."

He gave a nod as Selena suggested hot sauce, but it would have to wait until he'd made all of the frikadelle...r? s? In either case, William suddenly spoke out from behind them, causing Matt' to raise his brows and look over his shoulder, sending him a bright smile.

"Heya Will! Yeah, of course you can. I'm making something called 'Frikadeller', and there'll be about..." He looked back at the pan and the bowl of meat which was still about half-full. "... Uh. Twelve or so. So we can have four each, should be more than enough. Dunno about cheese, never tried it." He then looked to Selena and gave a nod and a smile. "That's good. I haven't actually gotten to look at it since I woke up. It's not like... crooked or something, right?"​

Sephear

Years

William Coenen: These are my friends...this is gonna be a good school year.

Will laughed a bit as he walked up to his friends. "It really does smell delicious!...Uh, Selena why is your face red? Did Matt give you something too spicy?" He looked at the ovular lumps of meat and vegetables beginning to cook with the butter in the pan and breathed in the quickly enriching smell. "Oh my...Well in my experience cheese makes most things better, but you my dear friend are the expert here so you're in charge." He looked through cupboards in the kitchen until he found a middle sized grater and pulled a block of fairly sharp cheddar out of the fridge. Can't go wrong with the most common and widely known. And began to shred pieces off of the block. "We don't have to add it to the whole batch, I can just put some on my own, but I'll do enough for you guys just in case."

"You know" Liam continued. "I really like to cook too, I got sick of eating packaged stuff all the time when my mom started to work in addition to my dad and I was home alone a lot. My mom actually taught me to make a Meatloaf that's almost the same as whatever you've got going on here, except it's all one big hunk and it get's baked in the oven." Liam couldn't help another chuckle escaping him when Matthias asked about his nose. "Nah you're good buddy, the bump on the bridge of your schnoz is just a bit bigger than before, I'm sure you'll have all the ladies in no time." He patted Matthias on the pack and went back to watching the meat cook. "Ohhh I can't wait to stuff my face! Haha don't worry I have table manner, at least when ladies are around." He winked at Selena in hopes she wouldn't think he was boorish. "You know guys, I just wanna say I'm glad I met you, and with you two around this year is shaping up nicely."

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Ginevra Morrigan & Angel Lumis - River Lodge
Luckily, Jamie was not in, so there wouldn't be anyone to bother her while she showered. The water had felt quite nice and the new outfit even nicer -- this time a pair of jeans, flip flops again, and a form-fitting white top. She had made plans with Angel on making and then eating dinner, so she didn't want to be late. On her way to River Lodge, she observed the surroundings and smiled at the current peaceful state of the campus.

The dorm looked a bit different, but not too different as she entered and looked around for Angel. It seemed like she was still getting ready, so with soon Ginny found herself sprawled out on the couch, long legs stretching out over the cushions as she relaxed and waited.

Angel sighed, putting the brush down. The room remained completely dark, no hide nor hair of her roommate anywhere. So she kept it dark and, like she always did, relied on her hands. I have probably kept her waiting... That wasn't as much of a bother normally. Most of the time, people kept her waiting, which she never minded. Somehow, doing it herself seemed to be a bigger bother. She licked her lips and took a deep breath. What to cook...

Well, it depended mostly on what was in the pantry.

She exited the room and smiled a little against the brightness of the hall lights. Entering the lobby, Angel tilted her head. Someone was in the room. She could feel it. "Erm... Miss Ginny," she said, almost quizzical. "Are you here?"

Her eyes watched as Angel departed her room and headed over in her direction, "I am here... but I am just Ginny." She slid off the couch and moved over to the girl, patting her arm, "Have you given any thought to what you want to eat? Or would you rather eat something light and relax a little?" In truth, she dreaded going back to her room and having yet another encounter with her less-than-stellar roommate.

Angel smiled a little. "I am capable of cooking whichever option would be more pleasing for you," she said without a hint of arrogance. She had cooked quite a few things in her father's kitchen. Some was standard diner food, other things were not. It was just the way things worked in that kitchen. She went to the fridge, raising her short arms to wrap around an apple and an egg carton. Taking them out, she continued to search. "Would... an omelette be acceptable?" She always felt better cooking for another person.

Doing things for others made sense. For herself, not so much.

"Sure, that sounds good." Ginny allowed Angel some room and she observed the younger girl for a few moments, deciding that she really knew her way around the kitchen and the peanut butter and jelly she was planning was a bit ordinary. "To be completely honest, I'm not exactly the best cook, but I'd love to help you out in any way I can!" Sure, she could follow directions and all but making up something on the fly was a bit beyond her abilities.

Angel pulled out a couple more ingredients "I... erm... just require someone to reach the pans up there and the grater..." She was thinking now. There was nothing flashy she intended to do, but she did want it to turn out well. "Once those are on the counter, please relax." A small smile, unbidden, turned up her lips again. "Your temperament is still discomforted by something. It is best to let your mind be at ease."

She didn't even seem to notice she had spoken those words, or to be honest, where she was. Angel was back in the element she understood-the kitchen. She opened the fridge and hummed. There weren't any packages of herbs... except perhaps parsley, but she had a doubt she would be able to chop that up as finely as her father. "Is there anything you would like in your omelet?"

"Uh, alright." Ginny looked around and opened a few cabinents, soon finding the required pans and grater that Angel had requested. It had taken her a minute or so to locate the exact right ones, but soon she had placed them in front of the much shorter girl. "Here you are." She smiled a bit and patted her on the shoulder, "Just make whatever you think is best. I am really not a picky eater."

Even though she wasn't exactly needed, Ginny decided to stay by just in case Angel wanted some company while she cooked. She leaned on the counter and watched the girl as she thought about everything that had happened today. A sense of dread was still building inside of her as she knew that soon she'd have to go back to her room and face her roommate.

Angel smiled her thanks and pulled out a small glass bowl. She cracked two eggs and began to mix, humming low under her breath. She heated up one of the pans. "The more you dread something; the worse it will end up," she mused. One would think she was talking to Ginny, but as she kept moving on autopilot, it became clear that she was simply talking to herself, beginning to work with the other pan. "The more darkness in the heart, the bigger the anger grows..." She shook her head and cocked her head to the right, dropping a pat of butter onto the butter pan.

"Please inform me when the butter is melted," she said softly. "I can smell it, but in this new environment, I might confuse myself."

How does she know? Ginny took a breath and tried to brush it off, but it seemed to linger in the back of her mind. Her eyes moved over Angel and she smiled as she observed the girl in what seemed to be her natural environment.

"I like to watch you cook." Ginny looked towards the butter and leaned forward to whisper, "Looks like it's melted to me, Ange." It had spread out on the pan and the scent of hot butter filled her nostrils.

Angel nodded, not really paying too much attention as she whisked them a moment more and poured them into the pan. She placed a few strips of bacon into the other. "Warm food, warm weather, possible bad combination..." she murmured the words. "Like ice on a fever..." She liked to cook; it was clear, but it was also making her think. She shook herself and moved to work with the bacon, letting the egg sizzle for a few more seconds. "It will be ready in a moment."

For a moment, Angel entertained the idea of opening her eyes to see if she was right and Ginny was still behind her. Then she dismissed it, and went patiently back to work. She didn't need to see to hear.

A growl permeated from Ginny's stomach and she placed a hand over it, hoping to soothe the sound away. "Sorry, I guess I'm hungrier than I thought!" She laughed a little as she watched Angel finish up cooking, which was an amazing sight in itself. The girl clearly had talent.

Angel smiled, putting the filling (bacon) onto the the top of the flipped egg and folding it over. "That is a very good thing," she said with a small chuckle. "Because the meal has just been completed." She took a plate and precariously moved the omelet to it. Taking a fork, she held it out for Ginny to take. "Please eat and relax."

"Oh, awesome!" Ginny took the offered plate and fork from Angel, "Thank you so much." She moved over and sat down at the table, but she decided to wait until Angel joined her before starting. "I like spending time with you, by the way."

Angel turned her head back in an imitation of a glance at Ginny. Then she smiled. "I am grateful you consider me good company. She gathered the bacon she had made onto a paper tower and then went to leave the used cutlery and pans to soak in soapy water. "Please take your time and enjoy it.' She quietly chewed into a piece of bacon, seeming content.
joint post by mac and fuyu​

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
→ Jamie Lane ●

It had been one hell of an interesting day that had gone from function friends to sobbing in a closet due to massive embarrassment to a nice dinner with Angel. Unfortunately, now she had to go back to her room with her pain in the neck roommate. Her stomach was full once again and now she just wanted to relax, of Jamie would let her. The last time the two had crossed paths had not been pleasant and she had a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach that the second time just might be worse.

The redhead stepped into the shared room and breathed a heavy sigh of relief when she noticed that he was not there. She was still rather emotionally exhausted and on edge from her earlier embarrassment so she knew that she wouldn't be able to put up with much tonight.

The tree added little comfort as the cold, nighttime breezes swept past, Jamie rose and headed back to Valient House. He entered the building, thinking back to his discovery with Matthias. His finger pulled back the collar of his top, he sighed. Today had been a rollercoaster, so many new things had been going on and so much had happened. He didn't once miss home though, Mum is probably waiting by the phone.

He decided to call it a night, heading back to his dorm room on the first floor. The elevator pinged, the doors opening. He quickly wiped the cardkey across the sensor, opening the door.

The sound of the door caused Ginny to jump and she did her best to keep her features as straight as her back. She was obviously uncomfortable, but she'd do her best to ignore the little twerp. She opened a book and feigned reading, hoping he'd just leave her alone.

Ugh, Jamie briefly made eyecontact with his roommate, before she pulled out a book. Whatever, he thought, turning off the room's main light and diving head first on to his bed, burying his head in the pillow. He sighed, happy for the embrace of the darkness and the relative solitary feeling it brought him.

Annoyed, Ginny sighed again and quickly stood and flipped on the light switch. "Some people are trying to read, you little jerk." She glared at his still form on his bed and the new sat back down to enjoy her book. Even if she hadn't been reading, it would have at least been nice for hin to ask if she minded the light being off.

"It's night. I'm sleeping, and I'm sleeping in the dark. Read your book outside, that's where the dogs sleep afterall," Jamie got back up, the build up of the days frustration clear in his face, he wasn't willing to let this slide.

Ginny's mouth opened wide in shock at what he had said and she immediately threw her book at him as hard as she could. "The best place for you is locked up like the delinquent you are!" Her accent was thick and heavy as her anger built, she stood up too. She was not going to put up with his attitude forever and she'd need to lay down the law sooner than later.

The book caught Jamie on the shoulder, he did not wince or moan. He was past that now, he wasn't going to back down to the mouthy, redhead girl. He picked the book up of the floor, flinging it upwards towards the light - the bulb smashed, the remaining filament sparking futiley. The room plunged back in to semi-darkness, the only light trickling in from the window.

"Ugh!" Ginny stormed over to him and glared, "Great! Now you broke our goddamned light you idiot!" She pushed against him, "How will you explain that? Oh, I'm sorry Headmaster, I got a little pissed off and broke the light? I hope they kick your sorry ass out! Then maybe I can find some peace in this room. Hell, we'll probably be better off without you at this school anyway!" At this point, she was fuming and just ready for this to be over with. He had pushed her too far already.

Standing his ground, Jamie pushed back, "I'm sorry headmaster, but my roommate's a *****." Jamie lashed out, her unwillingness to back down driving him, pushing her further to her limits.

His comment pushed her over the edge and she balled her right hand into a fist and swung out to connect with his jaw. "At least I'm not little boy sized!" Her retort accompanied her punch, which was quite strong for a girl due to her athletics. He was just lucky that she didn't kick him.

Jamie was expecting a punch, she certainly wasn't the slapping kind of girl, however the force behind it was surprising. Refraining from punching her back, he pushed the girl hard in the shoulders, forcing her backwards.

He was strong for a little thing and Ginny tripped and fell onto the floor. Her tailbone ached and she growled in anger as the adrenaline rushed through her and blood pounced in her ears. She hopped up, as quick as a cat and phased through him, only to quickly turn around and aim another solid jab directly at his right-side kidney.

The pain confused him, like a ghost Ginny had managed to drift through him. He pivoted quickly, turning around to face the girl. Another power? He considered, remembering his conversation with Kevin and witnessing the vine-girl, back in the baseball cage. He realised that holding back was pointless, Ginny was hardly a girl, he swung forward with his left hand balled up tightly.

The punch caught her in the eye and she cried out in pain, her hand going to it. She knew that it was going to swell as soon as it impacted. Ignoring the pain was become more difficult and she could hardly see out of her right eye, but regardless she swung back with a right hook aimed at his face. There was no telling if she could win this fight or not, since it was dark and he seemed to be doing just fine with it.

The punch connected, Ginny's fist thumping in to his cheek bone. Jamie staggered back, his vision slightly blurred. His fist tensed, his anger uncontrollable, until he noticed it.

The floor trembled. The walls shook. The sound of migrating cracks in the window screetched through the otherwise silent room. Jamie paused. Is this... me? He considered, despite only managing vibrations on a smaller scale - he concluded this was something much worse.

A crash of light, the pair were blinded. Their messy, trashed room was left behind - instead they stood in a huge office, the walls lined with books and a heavy desk waiting on the far side.

The world had changed before she had even realized what was going on and soon, the light was a bit blinding and she held her hand over her eyes as she squinted. "The hell?!" She wondered for a moment if this was the little twerp's power, but it seemed a bit much for him.

An older man was waiting for them. Sat in a black, leather, padded chair behind the desk. He was small and there wasn't much muscle to him, but his presense alone seemed threatening. Jamie stood, stunned - it was clear, by the grandure of the office, that this was the school's headmaster.

"What do you think you are doing in my school?" Despite the distance between them, the man's voice boomed, as if increasing the pressure of the air above the shamed pair, "I have every mind to exclude you at this very second. It wouldn't take long for me to send you back home."

The man's tone was furious, however his face was blank, emotionless. He was incredibly composed.

"Around here there is only one solution..."

Jamie was unfamiliar with the rules and punishments of the school, the leaflet hadn't mentioned them at all. The headmaster's words came too quickly to process.

"...a fight to the death."

Not knowing what to do or what to say, Ginny's mouth gaped and she stood there in shocked silence. Yeah, she didn't like Jamie but she didn't want to kill him." I... I..." She was at a complete loss for words so she resorted to looking down at the floor in shame.

Barely managing to stop his leg shaking, Jamie also hung his head in shame. Fear swept over him, sure he had been in many fights - but killing someone? This was extreme, surely, even for a special school.

A soft chuckle came from the desk. The headmaster had finally cracked, his stern, still face erupting into laughter at the gullible teenagers' reactions.

"Boy, kids these days," he remarked, to himself. He noticed the genuine fear in the two students' eyes, "Oh come on, it was a joke! I can't have students dying on their first night here, imagine the press..."

He hopped off his chair, trundling over to Ginny. His age had taken its toll, in his youth he may well have matched Ginny in height, but now he had to look up slightly to meet her gaze.

"Ginerva Morrigan, one of our American students I believe," he looked her up and down, "prowess in phasing, a very useful talent." He grinned at the girl, moving over to the younger boy beside her.

Still in shock, Ginny's mouth was still hanging open and she couldn't bring herself to speak. This was all a lot to process and her body was slowly coming off of her adrenaline. Her aches and pains were building and she knew that she'd be regretting this fight for a while to come.

"And Mr. Jamie Lane... I know much about you, lad." Jamie didn't know if that was good or bad, he clearly knew a lot about his students - but which bit of Jamie's life he was focusing on was key.

"Miss Morrigan, tonight I would like you to return to your room, we'll adjust your living arrangements in the morning. Mr Lane, there is a spare bed in the nursing office - you'll be staying put there for the night."

Wow, this is surprising. Ginny was surprised that something permanent would be done already, but she was not going to complain. She mustered up all of her courage and looked the headmaster in the eye, "Thank you, sir."

"Goodnight, students," the headmaster said, walking back to his chair, his fingers snapping in the air. The bright light returned, sending the teenagers to their designated quarters for the night.

Joint post with Mac

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Matthias Winston – House Valiant; Kitchen

"Well, I did put a little much pepper in the meat…" He glanced down at the lumps of meat sizzling away on the pan, giving them a nice golden-brown hue. He shrugged a little and went over to the sink to clean off the now empty bowl as well as his hands and the spoon, cleaning them in warm water and with a bit of soap. After having dried his hands, he turned back to the others, William starting to grate some cheese and Selena beginning to fetch some plates and cutlery. "Oh yeah, I'm sure it'd work. My uncle usually puts… uh, feta, that's how it's called in English, right? Feta cheese in them, but… just put it on top, I'm sure it'll be fine."

William began talling them how he liked to cook, Matthias' brows raising a little, folding his arms across his chest as he nodded, clearly interested in the story, being fond of cooking himself. Then again, having been locked away in the house, it was pretty limited what kind of hobby he could take on himself in either case. He broke into a grin at William's comment about his nose and the pat on his back, rolling his eyes. "Pfch, as if. I'm in England, who'd want to be with a guy who's accent sounds like he's got a hot potato in his mouth?"

He gave the two a wry little smile as they continued to prepare the food, William taking a moment to tell the two how much he valued their company. Matthias smiled and nodded his head in return. "Heh, yeah. I'm glad I met the two of you today. I just found out my room mate had an accident, which is a shame because he was a cool guy. So… now I've got the room all to myself, I suppose. At least until they move someone else in there. But, yeah. I'm glad I met the two of you." He smiled warmly at them both, having easily gotten over the fact that Selena was in her pyjamas and just… treating her as a friend, really.

The food was soon done and Matthias rubbed his hands, his stomach giving a hungry growl as they moved the potatoes, a bottle of ketchup and the frikadeller over to one of the tables and they soon dug into it. Matthias let out a happy sigh as he ate, swallowing down after a large mouthful. "Oh god, this is so good. Good old Danish cooking, am I right?" He chuckled and continued eating, unable to ignore the sweet, calming scent that mixed in with the aroma of the food, which he'd sensed back in the classroom as well.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Selena Bravo - Dining Table, Kitchen

As the table was set and the food was ready, Selena, Liam and Matt were ready to chow down on the food Matt made. Delicious Danish Frikadeller from his own roots. Selena was really hungry and she couldn't wait to try out Matt's cooking.

She sat in the middle between Liam and Matt, staring down at the food in front of her. It looked good, it smelled good, but does it taste good? Selena grabbed a fork and started to cut off a piece of the danish meatball. The juices came out of the meatball splattering the plate with flavor. She slowly placed the piece of meat in her mouth and chewing it slowly so she could digest it easily.

"It's really good, Matt! This is really delicious!" Selena said, taking a bite from the potatoes. "Wow, I am really impressed!" For the whole time at the dinner table, Selena didn't speak to Liam, but she kept glancing to him. He called her a good friend to him, which was something that made Selena flutter. Her feelings towards Liam were getting clear, and up to the point that it became a little noticeable to Matt.

As she finished the food on her plate, she became stuffed. Her hunger was completely satisfied. She took one last look at both guys before she stood up and picked up after herself.

"If you want, Matt, I can go ahead and wash the dishes. You did an amazing job with the Frikadellers. Maybe someday you can make some for us again!" Selena commented, giving him a brief pat on the shoulder.

She walked over to the kitchen to leave her plate in the sink, washing her hands thereafter. Then, she spotted a dead rose inside a small empty vase. She got closer to the dead flower, which had no water or anything. Placing her hand over the dead flower, and taking a deep breath, she began to use her ability as a manipulator, bringing the rose back to life. The rose grew leaves, the stem produced chlorophyll, and the rose became yellow with red tips on its petals. She smiled at the beautiful yellow rose, who was able to revive it once again.

Her mind trailed off then.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023

---Time: 9:00am - 12:00pm
---Weather: Breezy

Dueling practice

The headmaster was up early, before the students rose from their beds, out on the field. With the help of Mrs Castleton, he drew out large, chalk squares - arenas. Enough for the pupils of Gilded Halls to work in pairs, for those who wished to take part.

"I knew these would come in handy," Mrs Castleton joked, unusually perky for the early hour of the morning, as a series of ragdolls appeared on the soft, freshly mowed grass. "At least they won't be as dangerous as that machine, these things are all padding," she said, assessing the condition of the old puppets.

"Depends how competitive I get," the old man winked, dancing his hand in the air - watching the humanoid sack flit from side to side. The legs swung violently, the puppet stumbling back and forth, nearly knocking Castleton clean off her feet. "I better practice a bit before they get up," he said, chuckling.

The woman, regaining her bearings, headed back to the main building, blindly waving backwards at the distracted headmaster. Sitting on the floor, he was working on his precise manipulation of the dolls. As his muscle memory kicked in, and his confidence grew, he picked up more and more dolls to manipulate.

"Now, the final trick," he muttered to himself, disappearing into a blast of light. His office had a good view of the field - he appeared in the perfect spot by the window. In the distance he saw the scarecrow-like dolls flit around.

"Now where did I put those binoculars?"

- - - - -​

Your options are:
  • Morning activities (breakfast, washing, whatever).
  • Duel against the operated scarecrows.*
  • Duel against another character/player.*

*To win a duel you must force your opponent outside of the chalk square, which are roughly 5m squared. You may win against the dolls.

Sephear

Years

William Coenen The first night.

Will enjoyed the Frikadeller immensely, and decided the cheese was a good idea, of course he ALWAYS thought cheese was a good idea. The only problem with the dinner was his own dilemma, trying to run his yapper as much as normal but avoid talking with his mouth full. He kept a steady stream of conversation up with Matthias but Selena was strangely quiet. He thought he noticed her glancing his way a few times but he was trying to be respectful and not look at her in her PJs so it didn't draw as much attention as it could have. When he had eaten all four of the fantastic meat-ovals he leaned back and patted his belly. "Mmmmm this schoool just gets better and better." He wasn't sure whether he was the first to finish or not but he assumed he was, he had always had a fast metabolism and lord knows he was chowing down.

When Selena got up and offered to do the dishes Will was about to offer to do them or at least help since he hadn't done much for the dinner prep but he got the feeling she wanted to do them herself. She made her way to a vase he hadn't noticed before that seemed to have a dead flower in it, when she put her hand on it he felt he knew what was coming next but the end result still astounded him. The dead husk of a plant became a beautiful rose, yellow with red tips and he couldn't believe it had ever been dead in the first place...for some reason looking at it made him feel warm. "Wow it's beautiful! The coloring reminds me of a sunset over water a bit...Just...I gotta say Selena your abilities never cease to amaze me." He leaned over to smell the flower and it smelled good but one whiff of it and Liam began to feel more than just warm...he felt hot...and thoughts ran through his mind that he wasn't comfortable having in public. Whatever Selena was feeling when she revived the plant seemed to have an effect on the kinds of pheromones it released.

"Uh...uh...hrm I..." His usual eloquence and smoothness of speech evaporated and he stuttered horribly while his face turned red. "Well I think I'm gonna go freshen up before bed...I just remembered I never cleaned up after arriving here...I hope I don't reek, thanks for the food and good night Matt...see you in a bit Selena." He rushed off rather abruptly and made his way to room #1, fumbling with the key-card and putting it in upside down and shaking too much a couple of times. When Will finally slid it through accurately and opened the door he breathed a huge sigh of relief when he was alone again. Oh my...that was...I think that flower may be an aphro-NO! don't say it...don't even think it...I need to clear my head and cool off, better do a cold shower. He just brought his bathroom bag and the bag of toiletries he had received when he showed up into the bathroom with him since he hadn't really unpacked yet and prepared for his shower.

Liam liked to sing in the first place, and since a lot of people who don't even like singing much seem to sing in the shower he could never resist the urge, while he got himself clean he struck up a song. What a big success the first day had been brought to mind a song he hadn't heard in a long time...really since he had watched a certain movie about an Ogre.

Spoiler:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Matthias Winston – Valiant house; Kitchen

"Well, I'm glad you like it! Always nice when both your cooking and a national dish of yours is praised." He gave Selena a little grin as he continued to eat, chatting away happily with the both of them during the entire meal. Once it was all eaten up, he leaned back in his seat and patted his belly with a content little groan. "Mrrh, that was –so- good. I'm glad you guys wanted to eat with me, it'd have been boring to eat by myself."

Selena got up and offered to do the dishes, already starting to take it away. Both Matthias and William were about to speak up, but just like Will, Matthias noticed she seemed just a bit too insistant for them to talk her into letting them help, so Matthias just shrugged his shoulders. "Well, if you're sure. I'll do them next time, then. And yeah, I'd love making food for you guys again." He sent William a little grin as he stretched out, turning his head to glance up at Selena, raising his brows as she seemingly brought a wilted flower back to life.

"Oh wow. Yeah, that's –really- pretty. Your ability is really cool. All I can do is make stuff hover about." He let out a playful huff, clearly not as annoyed about his ability as he led them to believe. William fumbled a little about and Matthias sent him a worried little glance, just about to ask him what was the matter, when Will got up and told them he'd go freshen up and then go to bed. "Oh, alright man. I'll see you around tomorrow." Watching the guy head off, Matthias stretched out and got to his feet, figuring it was the best to get to bed himself.

He stepped over to Selena, working away at the dishes and gave her back a pat and sent her a smile. "Thanks for taking the plates. You and Will just let me know whenever you want to eat together again, alright? G'night Selena." With that and a little wave, he headed back to his own room, sliding the card through the reader and stepping into the dark room. Turning on the lights didn't seem to help much as it just felt a little more empty, knowing that Kevin wasn't going to be there. For some reason, Matthias had just really… connected with him, and was looking forward to a year of the two of them being buddies, sharing stories, having fun in their room, maybe setting up a party or something. The fact that that wasn't going to happen, at least for a long while, possibly never, just got Matthias' spirits down.

Shaking his head to try and rid himself of the mood he was close to putting himself in, he picked out the matches still in his pocket, sitting down on his bed as he started practicing his fire-bending for about half an hour, with some progress, before finally going to sleep with the thought that, yeah, he'd lost Kevin, but at least he felt like he'd gained two close friends in Will and Selena. He'd have to get to know them a bit better over the coming days and weeks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

The next morning, Matthias was woken up to the bright, morning light shining in through his window, thankfully not hitting him in the face, but rather on the bed opposite of his. He dragged himself out of bed, got himself a shower and put on the clothes from the day before, figuring they could easily hold out another day. That, and the fact that he wasn't inclined to unpack just yet. He tucked the matches and his metallic balls into his pocket and went out the door, yawning widely as he headed for the kitchen, pulling out some butter and a couple of thin slices of ham from the kitchen as well as two loaves of bread, which he started to prepare for himself, for a breakfast. "Wonder what class we have at first…" he mumbled, still a bit droopy-eyed, letting out another yawn.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years

Manchester O'Brien // Gilded Halls

another day and I don't even know some of the guys around here.

After the dodgeball game, Manchester was too bruised and tired to go on much longer. After the tiring ride towards the institution, the freakish elemental control class and PE, the circus boy was just too spent to do any other thing. So, as any normal boy would do after almost a day of tiring things, he went to back to his room to sleep. The River Lodge was still empty when he went back, as most of the people might still be somewhere in the school grounds exploring or whatnot. Manchester was just happy to see that. No more people to interact with. Socializing with new people seemed to be the hardest thing he ever did in his life, especially since most of the people he interacted with before he knew before he had the consciousness of thinking. At least I managed to know, what, three? Four people?

His roommate was still not in the room. Manchester took note of it as he slumped in his bed. He immediately drifted off to sleep.

~

Manchester was back inside the circus tent but, surprisingly, it was empty. There was nobody inside, not even Julius, the caretaker. There was not even a single and random dude in the seats, inspecting the area, probably looking for the best spot. Manchester O'Brien had the tent all to himself. He cupped his hand and imagined a butterfly, one of the most majestic creatures in the world. The light around his hand shimmered. When he took a peek inside it, a tiger roared and jumped out of his hand. Unlike the other illusions Manchester was used to making, the tiger seemed solid. And it is not hand-sized. It is a fully-grown Bengal tiger. It roared. Manchester backed up, a few steps. It roared. Then it lunged. Manchester held out his hands, minimal protection as it is. He heard the tiger roar again.

~

Manchester woke up to sunlight. How many hours did I sleep in? He probably missed all the good things that happened the night before. His head is still shaking and he is perspiring, despite the chilly weather. Manchester placed his hands over his eyes and groaned. Another day.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Selena Bravo - Kitchen, Room 1

Both Liam and Matt helped Selena out by stacking up the plates next to the sink, as Selena had volunteered to wash the dishes & clean up the kitchen. She smiled at both boys as they both left, and she knew for sure that she's going to see Liam later on tonight as they go to sleep. On the inside, Selena smiled at Liam as he commented about the flower, trying to hide as much feels as possible. As the two left the kitchen, Selena faced the sink, who had yet to turn the water on. There was an abrupt silence around the area. In an instant, Selena bursted to tears out of random. She wanted to be close to Liam, not in a roommate sense but more than that. Clearly the rose she revived revealed her feelings, but both Liam and Matt couldn't figure it out. She glanced at the rose one more time, and wiped her tears...resuming her volunteer job to finish the dishwashing job.

It took her a good 10 minutes to finish washing the dishes, as well as cleaning up the kitchen after themselves, also taking the time to wipe the mess on the countertop and returning the dishes and the silverware to their rightful place. Afterwards, Selena went directly back to her room, opening the room slowly, only to find out that Liam was already in bed going to sleep. She closed the door softly, hoping she wouldn't disturb him. "It's me, Liam..." Selena said in a faint whisper.

With a quick brushing of her teeth, and a face wash, she headed to bed by pushing the blanket aside, and opening the window a little for the rays of the moonlight to shine on her pillow, Selena laid her head on the pillow, and faced Liam, who was at the other side of the room. The light on the bureau was still on, and Selena decided to shut it off in order for the moonlight to carry on its light from the window.

"Night, Liam..." Selena smiled as she whispered. "I'll see you in the morning." Slowly closing her eyes, and drifting herself to sleep, Selena could only hope for a better day tomorrow.

_______

Morning finally came, and it was barely 5:30 am. Selena woke up to a bright glare of sunlight hitting her face. It didn't bother her at all, but it was a sign that she needed her sunlight for the day. As a plant manipulator, morning sunlight is much more important that evening sunlight. She got out of bed and placed her sandals on her feet, quietly leaving the room without disturbing Liam. She was sure there was no one awake at this time...not for at least 2 hours more. She wanted to approach the best sunlight possible without having to worry about the lack of energy later on in the day.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years

Nathan Steele

Nathan was kinda relieved that Alicea was doing alright. He had to admit he was quite worried when he saw her on the ground. He couldn't allow himself to lose her so far. He felt dizzy again. The use of his ability was starting to draw over him. He wasn't invincible after all, he was still a regular human but with an ability that's all.
Even if he couldn't leave her like this, he had to rest or else he would feel even worse than now. He couldn't continue like this. But he was going to leave his girlfriend there like a jerk. Oh well, he couldn't do otherwise. And he quickly made his mind when his head ached. "Listen Ali, I won't be able to stay there. I used my ability too much and now I'm feeling like a living dead. If I stay any longer, I feel like my body won't support it so I am going to rest." He wasn't going to leave her on the ground though. He helped her to get up then he waved to her. "See you at the room." She waved back at him and he left, feeling like the biggest jerk on Earth. He headed to his room, not giving any attention to the world around him. He jumped on his bed with his clothes on and slept right away. He definitely needed that sleep.

Back