• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gilded Halls ★ IC

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
  • Alicea was caught off guard when the pool turned into a malestrom. She cried out in terror and was sucked under by the sudden current. Water rushed around her, making her very dizzy, unable to do anything as water exploded violently out of the pool. Poor Alicea was spun and twisted around by the water. Her lungs felt like they were exploding, her eyes going wide. The water burned, and she let out a scream... Not a good idea while she was submerged. Water rushed into her mouth, and she flailed, panicking, unable to swim despite the fact that the rushing water had stopped. As the water filled her lungs she slowed down, soon stopping altogether, everything starting to fade. She went limp, her eyes slowly closing as her vision faded, passing out at the bottom of the pool. She thought of Nathan, of her parents, and she grew scared, before all thought passed from her mind and she fell unconscious.

Last edited:

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
    Years
  • Adrian Draegar
    Chapter 3.5 -- The Price of Victory

Great. Simply great. If people are going to come to a pool, they'd at least be learning how to swim. Adrian noticed yet another person sinking like a rock. He was irritated beyond belief that there were almost no girls that were actually able to swim.

Sure, he was tired. But it was a matter of honor to save her from an imminent fate at the hands of her own clumsiness. That didn't mean he had to like it, though.

He fought off his (thankfully) minor fatigue, and dove right in to retrieve the drowning girl, and rapidly got her out of the pool. He signaled for help, while doing his best to revive her, all while mentally cursing the dodgeball machine.

"Come on, wake up...!" He felt a bit awkward doing this with a girl, never mind another person. Usually the family left such matters to the nearest servant -- and one was never far. In this case, he had the unfortunate luck to be the only one nearby who knew what the hell he was doing.

He continued his efforts, consciously making an effort to save mouth-to-mouth resuscitation as a last resort. He didn't believe in actually kissing someone he didn't like THAT way, never mind when she was out cold. It was a disgraceful act in any circumstance.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years

• Selena Bravo & Nathan Steele - Outside

joint post with jnathan

Selena began to notice that Liam was right behind them...carrying another unconscious person with him. Poor Liam, if only she could do anything to help out, but her main priority was Matt and his health. She glanced over him for the next minute, while the boy carried Matt over upstairs, she quickly faced back to Matt, and finally reaches the first floor.

"We made it!" Selena said, gasping for breath. "The nurse's door is right here, let me notify her of Matt."

Nathan was beginning to pant even more, he was feeling slightly tired. Carrying the boy was no problem since he was as light as a match for him but he used his ability too much for the day. He sighed when the girl announced they arrived at the nurse's office. It couldn't have been a better time. Thanks god! Finally!He stopped at the first floor, his hands turning to normal. It was a sign that the 5 minutes were over. He began to feel a little dizzy. Damn it! What's wrong with me? But he would never let the girl see that, being a stubborn boy.
    "Great! Phew, we made it! I'll be waiting here for you."

"Nurse! Nurse!" Selena cried as she bargained inside the nurse's office. She was already treating another patient at one of the beds, but there was another right next to it. Luckily there hasn't been anyone in the office...just yet. The nurse wasn't expecting Liam and his other person coming around as well. "My friend is unconscious. He got hit really hard with a dodgeball during Gym and he won't respond at all."

"Really," The nurse replied, "Where is he...?"

"My friend has him, he carried him up stairs."

"Well, what are you waiting for?" The nurse exclaimed, starting to scramble. "Bring him in here!!"

Selena frantically opened the door wide in order to call out the boy. She gave him a "come here" signal, signaling the boy to bring Matt in the room in order for the nurse to examine him.

He was actually hoping that the girl would be quick and thanks to god she was. He was getting more and more tired as each minute was passing by. He never suffered so much from using his ability so why was this happening now? He sighed when the girl told him to come and he carefully entered the room with the guy still in his hands. There was a free bed where he put the boy. Immediately afterwards, he felt a pain in his head. Things were getting even worse than he thought but he would not fall for such mere pain.

The nurse carefully placed a large ice pack on Matt's forehead, to soothe the pain of his head. He was laying there asleep, but in a deep sleep according to Selena. She stood there next to Matt as the ice pack on his head did its job. She then glanced over at the boy who was trying to reinstate to his normal self. She didn't realize that he was using his ability to carry Matt upstairs. She came up to him, smiling, and patted him on the shoulder.

"I can't thank you enough for helping me." Selena said, "I couldn't have done it without you." Then she glanced at Matt one more time, then back. "I'm Selena, by the way."

Liam also made it too, bringing another person inside as well. Selena gasped as she saw that the boy suffered the same thing as Matt. The nurse immediately came up to him and attended him in an instant. She nodded lightly at him, letting him know that she's doing fine.
    He stopped a little to regain his breath. He had spent too much effort trying in helping the girl who introduced herself as Selena. He already had Alicea as his girlfriend but if he didn't have any, she could have been a good potential candidate for his heart. He smiled genuinely. "Don't mention it Selena, I couldn't have let you struggle all by yourself so I wanted to help. My name is Nathan, nice to meet you."

He looked over at the boy earlier, he had been a little rude to him. "I'm sorry for earlier, I was a little over-protective haha. I hope we can be friends." He was sincere this time. These people were all like him so he wanted to befriend them all.

Selena didn't want Liam or Nathan to start on the wrong foot...especially since she barely knew the two. As she witnessed the two repair their differences, she smiled, coming up to both of them. But she stopped halfway as her left foot started to bonk, falling down to the floor on her bottom. Her leg then started to swollen due to the bruises she had received from the dodgeball game outside. She began to feel the excrutiating pain from her thigh to her knee.

"Ahhhh!" She gasped, trying to soothe the pain. "My leg! It hurts so much!"​

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
    Years
  • "No more...carrying people ehh I uh...I wish the nurses office had nap service." When Selena and Nathan finally brought Matthias into the nurses office Liam placed the (Completely nameless faceless NPC) student as quickly as he could without dropping him on the floor and let his aching arms hang at his sides. After a good few moments he began to rub his bruised nose before he remembered his stomache, and the pain of his stomach came back with a vengeance made all the more powerful by the effort of bringing the other student all the way there. He grimaced before trying to hide his pain, just in time to, Nathan approached offering a genuine greeting and smile this time.

Will smiled back and moved to shake his hand. "Hey man, you helped my friends and that counts for a lot I'm just glad it doesn't have to stay between us." Before their hands met Selena seemed to slip and fall right on pleasant yet now most-assuredly sore hindquarters. "Selena! Oh...I forgot you took a few hits from the dodgeballs too...probably all because my dumbass was zoned out on the floor, I'm so sorry." He knelt down and reflexively began to reach for her before he remembered his own bashfulness. The thing is until now the poor guy was handling everything on the cartoon-physics principle, he didn't think about how it was supposed to work so it didn't, and thus, he hadn't been too shy.

He sat looking for a moment longer before he steeled himself and ignored the small blossoms of crimson spreading from his cheeks. Liam looped one arm underneath his roommate's knees and the other one behind her shoulders. He powered through the soreness in his arms and the cantankerous painful complaints of his gut as he lifted her up. He looked around until he saw a curtain and ignored the Nurse's protests that the space was only for serious cases as he poked his head through the curtain and saw another soft-looking cot before placing Selena on it with supreme gentleness. As soon as he had set her down Will did a one-eighty and faced directly away from her so she wouldn't see his face. "I'm sorry ma'am, if someone more serious comes in I'll move her, even if I have to hold her myself until someone's better is that good enough?" The last part came out unexpectedly and Liam felt his face burn even hotter, it cooled a bit when he looked back at Matthias. "Well at least I'm not the only cocky idiot...get better buddy."

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Matthias Winston – Nurse's Office

As the ice pack had been placed on Matthias' head, the nurse leaned in and examined the boy, frowning a little at the crooked nose from the vicious hit of the dodgeball. She then went on to lift up his eyelid, shining a small torch into his eye, tilting his head a little left and right and so on, taking a few minutes to look him over.

Suddenly, as the girl who had helped the boy up here began crying out, one of the other boys lifted her over to one of the cots behind the curtains, next to the windows, and she spoke up. "Hey! You can't take her back there, those are for seriously injured-" She was cut off by the boy coming around the curtain again and apologizing, promising to remove her again if someone really injured came in. The nurse folded her arms and looked at him, clearly with half a mind to tell him to move her right away, but in the end, she sighed and nodded her head. "Alright… fine, just let her stay there. I'll be over with her in a moment, see what you can do."

She turned back to a small desk near the wall along with a couple of cupboards on the wall, which she opened, and pulled out a couple of paper hankerchiefs from. She stepped back next to Matthias and looked down at him. "… This is going to hurt you a lot, but unless you want a really oddly shapen nose the rest of your life…" She then took a hold of his nose and with a firm movement of her hand, she snapped it back in place, pressing one of the hankerchiefs under his nose as the blood started trickling out of it.

Matthias woke with a start, gasping out from shock and pain, staring with wide eyes into the ceiling of the nurse's office, which he'd never seen before. The nurse kept the hankerchief pressed against his nose while speaking to him. "Alright, careful now, you took a nasty blow to the head and you more or less broke your nose. Can you sit?"

The boy winced as the pain of both the blow and his headache came back to him full force, pounding away at the inside of his skull like a man beating a set of dreams constantly. He managed to mutter out "… Yeah…" And pushed his hands down below him. Slowly sitting up on the cot, the nurse kept the hankerchief pressed against him, and as he sat up completely, she raised one of his hands to keep it in place while tilting his head backwards, to prevent the blood from flowing freely.

"Keep that there, there's more besides you if that one becomes too bloody. Don't move your head down and now stay there, I have to go check up on your friends who brought you here." And with that, she scurried off, down past William and over to Selena behind the curtain to check up on her.

Matthias blinked a little at what she'd just told him, and his memory swiftly came back to him, along with another reminder of the ongoing pain. He winced and raised his other hand to rub his head as he was forced to keep his head tilted back. He looked around as best as he could, turning his torso around to better get a look at things. He was playing dodgeball, he was being cocky, just like William… and he'd taken it right in the face. And then apparently, some of them had brought him up here? On the first floor? Wow.

He spotted William standing just out of the curtain where the nurse's silhouette was seen and he gave a little grin behind the bloodied mess of a hankerchief. Despite the pain throbbing in his head, he raised a hand and gave a little wave, not even having noticed Nathan in the doorway behind him. Yet, at least. "… Heh, hey Will. That was one hell of a game of dodgeball, huh? Thanks for helping me up here. I owe you one." He then arched his neck a little as if to try and look past the curtain. "… Who else got hurt? You took a pretty good hit, but…"

Years
  • Priscilla Bellerose

Priscilla nodded and stood up. She put her socks and shoes back on and hugged her teddy bear tightly. "Teddy thinks that there's something weird about you," she whispered shyly. Priscilla looked around and shook her head. "It's nothing... So what should we do?" She sighed and looked down at her bear. "Is there anything we can do that won't let Teddy get hurt? I can't set him down, or else he'll get stolen..." Priscilla frowned and looked down at the ground, trying to remember when she got her beloved bear. "Aly?" she mumbled, seeing her long-lost sister in her head for the second time this day.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years

• Selena Bravo - Nurse's Office

Liam immediately jumped to help up Selena as she fell down, feeling the pain on her leg. Gently, she was being carried by Liam, taking her to the empty bed right next to Matt, who was slowly responding to the nurse's treatments. The bruises on her two thighs were really sore, and turning black. She felt a sense of vertigo as she was being lifted, which dimished as she was on the bed.

"I...might need ice as well." She told Liam, who was standing next to her. "The balls from the dodgeball court really got to me." He explained to the nurse that she needed to rest her legs, and if someone serious came over, he'd move her, and may have to carry her until it's her turn.

As the nurse was finished with Matt, she scurried over to the ice chest and pulled out a larger ice pack, fresh out of the cold. Matt continued to wipe blood off his head, as part of his injury. He tried peeking behind the curtain, trying to see if Selena was there. Selena, however, didn't want the curtain to be closed. She wanted to see both Matt and Liam.

"Liam," Selena called out in a softer voice, "Can you...open the curtain a little bit please? I don't like being alone around this curtain."

The nurse finally arrived with Selena's ice pack, and tossed it to Liam. She wanted to attend yet another dodgeball-injured person whom Liam had carried to the office. "Just place this on her injured thigh and have her press it every 15 seconds. Pain should diminish in every press." The nurse briefly explained.

Selena smiled and leaned back a little to see Matt, she was happy that he was alive and well. "Matt, are you okay there? You suffered a huge blow out there." Then she glanced back at Liam, staring at the large ice pack, completely frozen. "Just place it there slowly. I may not like fire, but ice is also an enemy to me. But I need this."​

Sephear

Years
  • "Yeah you definitely took the worst of it Matt, I hate to say it but I think you pissed of the machine by beating it...it doesn't like being beaten...or showboating.
    Will felt like a jerk when Selena's words reminded him that he hadn't even opened the curtain for her in his rush to not have his slightly amorous/embarrassed expression noticed. He had also been unprepared for the nurse to toss the bag of ice at him and only even managed to catch it at all because of his eyes and reflexes, fumbling for a moment before gripping it steadily. He nodded his head when the nurse told him what to do and Selena reminded him. "Right sorry" He pulled the curtain open and knelt down near Selena's cot. "Don't worry, you can't grow up and go to school without the whole ice thing happening at some point, I understand it...sorry about not opening the curtain."

He thought for a moment as he prepared, he didn't like the thought of doing anything that would hurt a girl but she needed it. "Oh yeah that's right, plants need moderate temperatures, don't like the cold any more than the heat...alright this isn't gonna feel nice at first, here we go." He pressed the Ice Pack onto a quickly darkening spot on Selena's leg, seemed like it was gonna bruise pretty hard. He noticed a bit of blood was beginning to trickle out of his nose so with his free hand he tore one of the nurse's paper towels and shoved two little wads in his nostrils. "Stupid nose...not being all rubber proof and junk."

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years

As Matthias tried peeking behind the curtain, Selena's voice rang out from behind it, making Matt's eyes widen slightly. Had she been hurt as badly as him? Now he started feeling pretty bad for having been such a big burden when there were others who clearly had worse than him. William pulled the curtain back and Matthias was met with Selena sending him a smile, which definitely did make him feel better.

With his head still tilted back to try and halt the blood flow from his nose, he gave her a cheerful little grin, raising a hand to wave at her as well, shifting around to let his legs hang over the side of his cot. "Hey Selena. Heh, yeah, it's nothing bad, just a bit of-"
    "Broken nose and nearly a concussion." The nurse muttered out as she rushed past them to take care of the third student. Matthias blinked softly and glanced to her, then back to Selena and William. "Well, I guess that answers it."As William was taking care of Selena, pushing an ice pack to her leg, where Matthias figured she'd taken a nasty dodgeball hit, he spoke out about the machine, which made Matthias snicker at first, but out of sheer pain, he quickly turned it into a half-choked little chuckle.

"Hahah… ow. Yeah, that thing is definitely a lean, mean, dodgeballing machine if I ever saw one. How're you two holding up though? Not too badly hurt, I hope? Oh, and… thanks Selena." He tugged a little on his sleeve to reveal a couple of very faint, red marks up along his arm, which were clearly from the small thorns of the vines having pressed against his arms. They hadn't punctured anything, nor had they bruised him, but they were there, and he sent her another litte grin. "I'm guessing you gave a hand with getting me up here as well, so… thanks."

Nideous

The world refused to change...
    Years
  • Alicea sputtered and coughed, plenty of water coming out of her mouth. She gasped some, her eyes kind of fluttering a bit. Though she was breathing, it would take some time for her to truly wake up. She groaned weakly and rolled onto her side, still gasping for air as if it were the best thing ever. Her ankle twinged a bit and her eyes still burned from the chlorine. Hopefully there hadn't been enough exposure to injure her eyes permanently. Probably not... Still, drowning was probably going to be a deep rooted fear now. Or perhaps not. Who could say? She blinked a bit up at the boy who had seemingly revived her. At least she hoped it was a boy, with how fuzzy her eyes felt she could not be sure. She lay her head back again, still very groggy and out of focus, but with a bit of time she would be perfectly ok.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Nathan Steele

They were interacting together, he could safely leave now. He played his part and helped Selena as he could. Now his role was over and they would certainly not miss him. "It was fun talking to you all but I'm returning to the pool. Liam, take care of your friend and your girlfriend for me. They shouldn't overdo it. See ya!" He was sure they'd be healthy soon. He left the room, kinda impatient to go relax with his girlfriend. He was quite tired too. He took the staircase and quickly found himself in the hall. He walked towards the pool slowly. He was kinda impatient to find Alicea again. When he walked into the pool, he saw the most horrific thing that could happen. She looked like she was coughing water and some boy was over her. He rushed to her. "Ali, that's me Nathan. Can you see and hear me?"

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    ginevra morrigan and angel lumis - jogging paths
    Finally, after some time, Ginny's tears began to subside and she started to get ahold of herself. This day had had so many ups and downs that she was having a hard time processing it all. Her tears completely subsided and she took numerous deep breaths before standing up. Her legs were cramping a bit from the fetal position that she had been in for the past hour but a quick message relieved any pain.

The closet was pitch black and she shook her head and fumbled around for the door, which was only a foot away from her. Her fingers found the know and she stepped out into the maintenance workhouse or something similar. It was deserted for now and she snuck outside through the door.

The sun was too bright for a few moments and she blinked it away until her eyes adjusted. After a quick stretch, she was jogging again along a nearby path, but this time she was thankfully alone. Dom had meant well but it was all so embarrassing that she did not want to face him any time soon. What if he tells people?! They'll think I'm easy...

Angel slowly pulled herself to her feet, gently slipping her eyes so all she could see was a small slit of light. It hurt but she as least had to find an empty lane before she hit someone. Lifting her eyes, she found one and shut them. It really didn't help, keeping her eyes closed as much as she did. However, the pain was much more tolerable with her eyes shut. It was just the way of the situation. She needed a blindfold. That would look even more ridiculous, wouldn't it?

Jogging was thankfully easy. She didn't have to think about very much, but that turned her thoughts back in time. Angel missed Benjy. There were no other words that could simplify her feelings, raw and uncoordinated as they were. She missed him. It was not in that way in novels, but Angel knew he had been good and kind to her, even when he had done wrong things. She had spat on his kindness, and had ended up here. For that, she was sorry, and truly wished to tell him so.

But she was here, and he was home. So that would be impossible. What was she to do instead?

Ahead of her, Ginny spotted a familiar form jogging and she sped up to catch up with the smaller girl, which wasn't too difficult due to her much longer legs. As she approached, she matched pace and smiled, "Hi, Angel. Would you mind a jogging partner?" She had taken a liking to this girl - even though she was extraordinarily shy.

Angel didn't look up from her thoughts, merely smiled a little bit and nodded that it wasn't a problem. She opened her mouth and then closed it again, concentrating on her breathing. She knew if she turned to look at Ginny, she would trip, and that would be horrid. Dirt in her eyes along with everything else... not possible.

"I never would have taken you for a runner." Ginny allowed herself another grin as she tried to forget the events of earlier. "You have pretty good form, but it must be hard for you to see." She looked around, "Want to take a break and hang out with me under the tree?" She didn't really need a break, but right now she really didn't feel like running.

Slowly, Ange pulled herself to a stop to turn her head in Ginny's general direction. "I... I would not mind," she replied a pensive sort of voice. She made to follow, adding in a quiet voice. "A kind person taught me many things. I cannot pay him back for it; which is a disquieting thing. However..." She smiled, the expression small and wispy. "I am pleased that it is a job well-done."

Ginny raised a brow at the girl's speech patterns and then shook her head a bit. She placed her hand on the girl's elbow and gently led her over to the shade, "I hope you don't mind." Underneath the tree, it was quite comfortable and the shade was expansive. She leaned against the tree and patted the spot next to her, "Please, sit with me. And if you'd like, the sun isn't even penetration here so I hope you're comfortable."

Angel wanted to tell her it was not simply the sun, but the words stuck in the back of her throat. She made this awkward enough. Simply nodding, she followed the sound Ginny's hand had made and sat there, tilting her head toward the sound of a bird. Words formed in her mind and her writing hand twitched, as if to write them down.

At the last moment, she stopped herself. No. No more. She could hurt someone with this, maybe destroy their good standing. Her only victim would be herself, and that was final.

She raised her head to face what she thought was where Ginny was sitting. Though she wasn't looking, her expression was puzzled. "You do not seem well," she noted in a soft, anxious voice. "Are you, perhaps, injured in some way?"

"I'm alright..." Ginny's eyes drifted into the distance, wondering what she should say for a moment. "It's just... I cried a lot this afternoon. I was, and still am, pretty embarrassed." She turned back to the girl, "Have you ever done something and you just don't want anyone to know? That's how I feel right now... but someone knows. He saw me doing it... and every time I think about it, I come close to tears."

Angel listened with patience. Embarrassment was something she knew very well. Her existence was a bit of an embarrassment, now that she thought about it. But aside from that, this direct pain was something... something she recognized. She clenched her small hands into fists and unclenched them, smiling sadly. "Everyone has one moment of this, I believe," she finally said, as carefully as she could. "Most certainly, I have experienced it a fair amount." She said nothing more, and simply listened to the air breathe.

It was obvious -- the girl had something in her past that embarrassed her, but she didn't want to talk about it. Being friendly, Ginny patted her hand and then squeezed it, "It's alright. I understand too." She looked out at the path and she wondered if the lesson was almost over, "Do you have someone to eat dinner with tonight, Angel?" She immediately backpedaled a bit, "Sorry, I'm sure you do... I was just going to cook up something since it seems like we've a fully stocked kitchen."

Did you turn your own life into something as silly as mine? Dramatics aside, she doubted this woman had ever been anything other than a woman, full working body and all. Anyone could see, or in her case, hear and feel, how clear it was. Being blind up until now, had been merely debilitating. Now that she really yearned to be, she realized how much it humiliated people. Oh... a question. "Ah.. I have cooked before, quite often," she said, sounding curious. "But are you not... in a different dorm.. since I am a late arrival?

"Well, I'd assume so... but I can always cook and invite you over... or cook in yours." Ginny pulled her legs close to her chest and grinned, "Or we could cook together. You know, as friends?" She tilted her head a bit, studying the girl for a moment, "We're friends now, right?" She was being uncharacteristically insecure, but something about this girl by her made her second guess herself -- or perhaps, something about this day was causing her to second guess herself. Usually, she was much more confident.

Angel frowned, a rather tired, old expression. "I do not see why... why we would not be." Her frown creased into a smile. "If it is all right on your part... then I am perfectly acceptable of that sort of thing... if you are pleased by it." She smiled again, a little less timid now, looking almost pleased with herself.

"Well, I'm starting to get hungry now then." Ginny slowly stood up and took Angel's hand in hers to guide her up, "I'm sure you don't need help, but I can't seem to stop myself." She allowed herself a slight nervous laugh and she poked the girl gently, almost teasingly, in the belly, "You know, you're quite cute when you let yourself smile." Deciding not to let that comment sink in too much, she added, "So, my dorm or yours?"

Angel felt herself rise and paused. "What an odd thing to say," she said to Ginny,at the compliment. She was not offended, merely puzzling by the act of her words. "Which place would be more convenient for you?" She had to go grab her book. It was a very nice read so far. She wondered if Ginny had read it, but she dismissed it at once.

Something tells me she's not used to compliments... Ginny brushed off her thought and smirked, "Yours would be better for you, so you're in a more familar environment with your... sight problem. I'll just need to shower and change before I head over, alright?" She looked around, "Will you be okay out here by yourself or do you want me to walk you to your dorm?"

Angel shook her head. "I am capable of returning there," she said softly, smiling faintly. "It will be a pleasure to see you there." She did not say that she had memorized the way her footsteps had walked, listening as she had once listened to her Apple's footsteps. Perhaps calling Mother and requesting for the small pony would be best. Yes. She should try for that at some point.

She slowly began to walk towards where she had left her bag and nodded. "Until then," she said, now feeling awkward.

"Until then." Ginny felt a bit awkward herself as they walked their separate ways, but she smiled to herself since she had made a new friend in the least complicated way possible. At least there was something seemingly normal about today.
    joint post by mac and fuyu.​

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years

• Selena Bravo - Nurse's Office

It was awesome to hear that Matt was also doing okay as well. After a long moment of carrying him with her vines, and Nathan helping out, it was all worth it. Without Nathan's help, Matt wouldn't even make it to where he was now.

"It's no problem at all, it was actually me and another student...which happened to leave I guess...helped me out carrying you to the office." She replied, "I'm just so glad you're okay.

As Selena turned to Liam, she felt an aura of ice coming from the ice pack.

"Liam, Liam, Liam..." Selena tried to calm Liam down, as he kept apologizing for his actions, which didn't sound negative to her at all. She felt that Liam was doing the right thing, and she didn't feel threatened. Although, she had warned him to express any caution when pressing the ice bag. "There's no need to apologize, " She threw out a warm smile at Liam as he began to press the ice bag on her thigh, "I thank you for all you've done for me."

The presses from the ice bag started to send large amounts of ice pressure in her thighs, curing her from the bruises. In a few minutes she started to feel slowly better, but she didn't want Liam to leave her from her side. However, Liam was also suffering a nose injury as well. There was a towel on top of the ice pack, as Selena glanced at it. As more blood fell from Liam and continued to wipe away, Selena picked up the towel from her left hand and wiped the bleeding nose from Liam. She held his nose softly, hoping the blood flow would stop.​

Sephear

Years
  • Will was happy to see Nathan being more positive and waved at him on his way out. "Alright have a nice ti-" The end of Nathan's statement hit him and he turned crimson. "I-um we're not..." Before he could protest he finally noticed Matt's comment and the slight thorn marks on him. Oh man I hope I don't get marks if..oh my. The thought turned him even redder and then when Selena pressed the towel to his face he felt his blood pressure must be nearing fatal levels. He started counting to 10 in his head, if he couldn't relax his nose would keep flowing.

Part of Liam wanted to move away...he wasn't logically comfortable with the feelings that ran through him when he was in close proximity to a beautiful girl...especially one that smelled like sweet fragrant plants, but regardless of his thoughts he didn't move an inch. "Oh umm...don't worry about me I...I'm fine, just a good knock to the old noggin, that's what I get for showing off...I think I'm just going to err on the side of caution with usually non-sentient objects around this school."

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years

As Selena let him know that she was just happy he was alright, he chuckled lightly, waving a hand dismissively, which looked odd, considering his head was tilted back ninety degrees. "Hey, it'll take more than a rampant ball-tosser to get me down, don't worry." He sent both her and William another smile before jumping slightly out of surprise from hearing the guy standing in the doorway, whom he hadn't notice before then, speak.

He called out "Thanks for the help!" as he left, but blinked in surprise as he called Selena William's girlfriend. This took Matthias completely by surprise, and he turned his head around (as best as he could) to look over at them. Selena didn't seem to even register the comment and William looked rather flustered. Matthias' brows were raised as he looked over at the two. He should've figured that they were together, considering how well they got along with one another. Plus, they're room mates, so they must've met right away and just kind of hit it off really well from the get-go.

Selena then picked up a towel and began wiping and cleaning off William's slightly bloodied nose, while William helped her out with her bruises. Matthias looked on for a few moments before a smile crept up on his lips. He noticed the handkerchief in his hand was getting bloodied and switched it out for a clean one. He beckoned the nurse over and muttered to her. "I think I'll leave them alone. Can I have another handkerchief with me, please?"

The nurse didn't look happy about having to let one of the injured boys run off again, but she gave Matthias a couple of handkerchiefs. "Just remember, your nose is pretty badly hurt. –Don't- let it get hurt even more, or you'll have to have it in a cast. Just keep that there until it stops bleeding and then let it rest."

He nodded and murmured a quiet 'Thanks' as the nurse hurried off again. He gave another glance over at the two by the window, smiling warmly before slipping from the cot he was sitting on as quietly as possible, keeping the 'kerchief pressed against his nose, he lowered his head a little to better orient himself as he snuck out of the door, leaving Selena and William to take care of one another. "Well, I think I can safely say I've never had this much excitement at once before." He gave a little grin as he began making his way down the stairs, thinking about what to do and where to go now. His thoughts went back to his friends a final time as he reached the end of the staircase and made a right, heading towards the outskirts of Valiant House.
    "Heh."

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023

---Time: 5:00pm - 0:00am
    ---Weather: Night

The First Evening

The clock in the office struck five, Miss Castleton stopped mid-sentence and rose from her seat, pacing back to the window. The long day of sustaining her creations had taken its toll on Miss Castleton, her exhaustion was clear from the greyness of her skin.

"Nancy will be busy tonight," she commented, looking out across the grounds to the baseball cage - some students will avoiding the ricocheting dodgeballs. She had already heard some commotion from across the hallway, Ms Fallcrest attending to a number of battered and bruised students.

The headmaster chuckled, "Character building! A little pain won't do them any lasting harm." He spoke from experience, he had managed alright.

The woman waved her hand, one by one her additions and alterations vanished. The violent dodgeball machine shut down, before disappearing like a ghost - flickering out of reality. The pool pushed inwards, returning to its normal size with a brief, insignificant ripple. Each and every piece of equipment phased out, signifying the end of the lesson period.

The bell rang out, this time in two sharp rings - the sign of the end of the day. Free time for the students before heading to bed.

- - - - -​

Your options are:
    • Interact with your room-mate.
    • Enjoy the lounge area (television, pretty sure a dance mat is there as well).
    • Go for a walk and explore the grounds in the dark.
    • Ultimately, sleep.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    → Jamie Lane ● Team Bromance 2.0

He had managed to dodge the majority, Jamie weaved in and out of the path of the flying dodgeballs - legs bruised, but still managing to keep up with the manic machine. By listening for the sound, a small click as a ball was released, Jamie knew the precise moment to dodge.

Ball after ball flew in his direction, he leapt from side to side, until he realised his fatal error - he had been backed into a corner. The machine paused, tilting it's cannon-like front towards him, the gears inside whirring away. He braced himself for a direct hit. A hit that never came.

The machine in front of him slowly faded. It was hard to believe it was ever real, it looked ethereal, ghost like, as it grew more and more transparent. Eventually it was gone. Two bells sounded, the end of the lesson. Jamie knew exactly what he wanted to do, he headed back towards the dormitory in search of his friend, Kevin.

As Matthias reached the bottom of the staircase after exiting the nurse's office, he decided that he wanted to go get something from the pack he had brought along with his suitcase. He made a sharp turn down the hallway, which lead to Valiant House and, for the second time that day, he smacked right into someone else heading the same way as him, without meaning to.

He winced at the bump, which almost knocked him over, though he managed to keep his balance and the paper handkerchief pressed to his nose, his arm having been nudged a little, which caused him to yelp out in pain. "Ergh! Ow, crap... hey, sorry about that, I didn't see you there!" He lowered his head, not bothering to keep it lifted up as he peered at the boy over the handkerchief held pressed against his face.

Knocked back to reality, and out of his one-track-mind, Jamie took a while to process what had happened. The boy from the Elements lesson earlier, who Kevin had known, had stumbled back and held a handkerchief speckled in blood marks

"Err, sorry?" Said Jamie, hesitantly. Not sure if the collision was really his fault - judging by the other boy's face, however, he had been having a rough day. Jamie tried to be nice, apologetic.

"Do you need a hand?" Mum would be proud, his inner voice sarcastically reminded him. He wasn't exactly sure how he could help, but since it looked like they were heading the same way, Jamie took the lead, holding the door open.

"Oh, heh, thanks." Matthias gave a smile to the guy, which was partially hidden by the bloodied kerchief, but he accepted the gesture none the less, stepping through the door and giving a small pause to wait for the other guy to get through as well, glancing over at him before raising his brows in realization.

"Oh, hey, you were the guy who was sitting with Kevin in Elements, right? What was your name again? I'm Matthias. Or Matt, or whatever you wanna call me." He smiled again and offered his non-occupied hand for a shake. "... Had a bit of an accident with the dodgeball machine, heh. That thing was completely, god damn nuts. Man, it was fun."

"Ah," Jamie remembered Matthias in the cage, alongside some other people. He had taken a sharp ball to the face, ended up being carried out by a strange girl - who seemed to have some rope to carry him with. "It got you good," he commented, admiring the broken nose, "must mean you're too slow."

"It's Jamie, by the way." he introduced himself, "You know Kev too? I've been looking for him all afternoon, he missed out on all the fun." The lounge area was empty, it looked like they were the first to come back inside.

As they entered Valiant House's lounge area, Matthias came to a stop slightly inside and shook his head slightly. "Nah, it got to my head and I started to gloat. -And- I took my attention away from it for just a moment. Gotta be careful around here, looks like."

He nodded his head softly, mentally reminding himself that he hadn't seen Kevin since the Elements class, and a quick glance around the lounge area revealed that he wasn't here either. "Well... doesn't look like he's here. If you want, you can come with me into our room and see if he's there? I'm sure he wouldn't mind."

Roommates, that explains it, Jamie followed behind as they made their way to Kevin and Matt's room. Jamie was dreading going back to his own bedroom, where Ginerva was no doubt waiting to pick another fight.

He resorted to small talk, just to stop any awkward silence creeping in. "So, what do you think of this place?" He asked, curious what his own answer would be - so much had happened, and yet they still hadn't even met the headmaster, or any teachers at all, really.

Matthias fished out the keycard from his pocket as they approached the door, tilting his head a little back thoughtfully. He'd definitely thought that it was an... interesting place. Exciting, no doubt. He'd never even imagined he could tell anyone else about his abilities, and that had made him alot more cheerful and up-beat than usual.

"It's... pretty awesome if you ask me. Sure, there aren't any teachers of what we've seen, but... dude, getting to learn to control an element? Being in a place where it's okay, even encouraged to practice your powers, and meeting with other people roughly your age who has powers too? That's pretty much the best thing that's ever happened to me."

He sent Jamie a grin over his shoulder before unlocking the door and pushing it open, stepping into the room. With a quick look around, Kevin was nowhere to be found. "Well, damnit. Guess we'll have to look somewhere else."

The room was unusually empty. It looked as though Kevin had never been there, half the room was void of possessions, a noticeable lack of clothes and clutter - and a bed far too neat and tidy to be a teenagers, freshly remade.

"Did he not even have any things?" Jamie queried. Kevin certainly wasn't here, and with his absense from the sports lesson, Jamie considered the worst case scenario. The dodgeball machine had already sent a few people to the nurse, maybe it had got Kevin as well.

"Yeah, he did..." Matthias muttered as he lowered the cloth from his nose. His nose was red and ever so slightly swollen, but the blood flow had more or less stopped. His suitcase and bag were still on his bed, but Kevin's things were nowhere to be found. However, just as he was about to turn back to Jamie, Matthias noticed a note on Kevin's nightstand.

Walking over to it, he picked it up and quickly read it over, eyes widening slightly. "... Awh man... Jamie, listen here." He turned around, cleared his throat and read from the letter. "We regret to inform that Kevin Blake has been the victim of a minor accident. He is fine, but will regrettably be taken out of Gilded Halls during his recovery. We're sorry that this happened on the school's grounds, and we are looking to see if we can find a fitting replacement as your roommate. Regards. The Gilded Halls staff."

Looking up from the paper, he offered it to Jamie, frowning. "I guess Kevin isn't coming back for a while, huh? That's a bummer, he was a cool guy."

Jamie's expression showed his clear confusion, he hadn't seen any mishaps - they were playing with fire and managed to survive the lesson. He wondered what would have happened that was serious enough to send him away.

"Damn..." was about all he could say in response to the notice. It put a definite dampener on his day, knowing the one friend he made had already left. Jamie's friends, back at home, had remain a constant for years - he had never really thought about losing one. His fist clenched in upset frustration.

"I really need a drink," he announced, wondering whether the school would slip up enough to stock the fridge with alcohol.

"Well, if they do, it's probably not gonna be the students' fridge." Matthias gave a little smile and nudged Jamie's shoulder slightly with his arm as he tossed the letter onto his bed. He had been really fond of Kevin, despite the short time they'd spent together. He was a cool guy and a -really- cool room mate.

Pausing for a moment, he raised a hand to scratch his cheek thoughtfully. "Though you know... the headmaster might have some stashed away in his office somewhere." He shrugged his shoulders somewhat, sending him a smirk. "... Just saying."

Jamie looked up, a slight smile on his lips. Normally, he would be up for this kind of thing - sneaking in to locked rooms was practically his speciality - however, after the long, emotional day he wasn't sure if it was worth the effort.

He laughed at the proposal, "Remind me of that idea tomorrow, and I will definitely be there. I bet the old geezers got a cabinet of the stuff." He had yet to explore the upstairs part of the school, but he remembered from the map that the Headmaster's office was above the library - judging from the outside, it was huge.

Matthias gave a nod and a smile, tucking one hand, not currently holding the bloodied cloths, into the pocket of his jeans, trying not to think too hard about the whole 'Kevin not coming back' situation. "I'll be sure to do that. Anyways, uh... guess I'll see you around tomorrow, huh? And hey, if you need a hand... you know which room I live in." He flashed his teeth in a little grin. Jamie was definitely a cool guy, Matthias wouldn't mind hanging out with him. Seemed like they could really hit it off and... well, -do- stuff around here.

Jamie gave a quick wave, "See ya around." He turned out of the room, shutting the door behind him, wondering if it was even worth going to his own room. He settled on some time alone, exiting Valient Halls and finding a secluded spot, under a tree. Kevin and Matt seemed like cool people, he wondered if he should give more people a chance.

Some would stay firmly in his bad books.

Joint post with Sir Bastian

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years

• Selena Bravo - Nurse's Office, Room #1

After almost a half-hour in recovery, Selena's bruises healed. She was able to walk again. Matt had left already, unknown on his whereabouts. Both Selena and Liam both recovered at the same time, and they both took care of themselves. Selena was pretty grateful to have a roommate like Liam. She had hoped that the blood flowing from his nose would stop.

As she slowly stands up, maintaining her balance and her equilibrium, she walked in slow steps...around the bed. The nurse kept an eye on her, and nodded at Selena for recovering. "Be careful when going down the stairs, missy." she said.

Selena walked over to Liam and gave him a quick shoulder hug. Not to invade any personal space...it was a quick to go. "Thank you, Liam" She smiled, "I'm going to be at the room, okay... maybe I'll meet you there?" She brushed his back with her right hand, and slowly made her way out of the nurse's office, thanking her for everything.

A few moments later, Selena realized that the school day was over and it was free time for students. Selena wasn't in the mood for anything else, and there was nothing else for her to do. So, she headed back to Room #1. She wanted to focus on unpacking...in which she didn't do so all day. It was a rather busy day. She opened the door with the card key, and closed it after herself. After a few seconds, she retrieved her luggage and started to unpack everything from them, putting away all of her clothes in the empty wardrobe on the side of Liam's bed, Hanging up a few outfits, and trying to save half of the space for Liam's clothing as well...unless he was trying to give the whole wardrobe to Selena.

She was done in less than 15 minutes, placing her empty suitcases under her bed. She then changed to her PJ's, getting herself comfortable. All she wanted to do for the rest of the night was to rest and not do anything else. Laying down on her bed beside the window, staring at the bright light illuminating the room. She felt the pressure from her legs decreasing, as a sense of tiredness was coming into her. It was peace and quiet for Selena.​

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
    Years
  • Eden_zps6513dfe7.png
    Del_zpsd1d2c2bf.png

Eden & Del
    Chapter 1: A Boy and His (Psycho) Cat

Eden struggled with Priscilla's requirement of an activity that didn't require her to put Teddy down, and before he knew it bell had rung again. Moments after, the pool receded back into its previous state. It must have indicated that the day's classes were over. With that, there was no longer a reason for a game, which was a bit relieving, since he was stumped for what they could do anyway. He also noticed how it was getting darker now. A fact that would drive him to return back to the dorms. That would be a fine resolution, or at least that's what he figured it would be.

"Well, maybe we should put that game on hold. It's getting dark, and personally, I don't want to get lost for no good reason on my first day. So, I think I'm going to go ahead and head back to the dorm. I'll see you in class tomorrow."

It didn't take but a few seconds after he said those words before he was up and ready to go. He gave a hollow smile and waved goodbye to Priscilla, then he was gone.

As he walked back towards the Valiant House Eden stopped to take a look at his surroundings. Between the setting sun and the wind ruffling the trees, the surroundings reminded him of his dreams. A twilight between the night and day, dark and light, end and beginning. Truly wonderful the young boy thought. To think this was only the first day of his time at Gilded Halls. The ideas overwhelmed him, and even Del was excited.

So, when are you going to let me out? I can't take it anymore. This place is just so much more interesting than back home.

"I'll let you out once we're back at the dorms. Is that alright?"

As long as you make it quick.

Del said those last couple of words with a bit of apprehension, which made Eden laugh. Rarely could anyone figure out what Del was truly thinking, nor did they really want to know. His name was even born from the unusual nature of his thinking, as Del was short for Delirium, or better known as madness. As a result his thoughts were wildly abstract and often insane. One couldn't necessarily determine his intentions from he actions either, something Eden knew all too well. It's just another reason why he was glad he had control over Del, though it was unsettling that his mind and dreams created Del.

Now back at the dorm, Eden finally saw the lounging area. One of the more noticeable things was that there was a pretty decent sized TV and that sparked his interest a bit. He found himself a spot on the couch, grabbed the remote, and starting flipping through channels. Flipping through the unfamiliar channels was becoming annoying fast. Not knowing which channel was what meant he had to go through each and every one of them before he found something to watch. Luckily, it only took him a minute or two to find something. A football/soccer games was on. Eden enjoyed the finesse and skill the players often displayed with only their feet and head.​

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Matthias Winston – Room 3, Lounge

Matthias was happy that he'd made a new friend in Jamie, but as he went over to unzip his backpack, the thought of getting a new friend was kind of overshadowed by the fact that Kevin was gone. Maybe even for good. It was going to be rather… boring, not to have a room mate, especially one as cool as Kevin. They could've met at night and caught up on their day, sat and shared some coke or decide to head out at night and do stuff.

He took a moment to shut his eyes, taking in a deep breath and pushing away the growing disappointment and sadness at the loss of Kevin, trying to shrug it off as he reached into his pack and pulled out a pair of shiny, metallic balls, the size of a small, rubber ball. They look a lot like the balls used in the game where you're supposed to move the balls in a circle in your palm, without letting them touch one another. Matthias had seen others do this and thought of his own version.

Smiling as he picked out the balls, giving them a little squeeze in his right hand, he took in a small breath of air before opening his hand slightly, letting the balls float ever so slightly above his palm. He stared at them and gently began wriggling his fingers, from his pinky, down to his index finger, bending one at a time before stretching them out one at a time again. The balls slowly began hovering around one another, almost as if dancing with one another through the air.

Usually, when using his powers for extended periods of time, Matthias would get a pretty bad headache, depending on how long he'd do it, but he'd found that this was the perfect way of both training his ability and relaxing a little. Making the balls spin around one another was one thing, but as soon as it became more of a routine, something he could do without even thinking about, it became much more relaxing on both his body and mind.

Sighing softly, he watched the slowly floating balls for another moment, his fingers in constant motion, before looking to the suitcase still on his bed. He then glanced over to Kevin's old bed for a few moments before shaking his head. "F*ck it." He'd do it another time. He needed some food anyways, and it might be a bit early for it, but hey, you gotta eat sometime.

Turning around, he pushed the door to his, now private, room open and stepped out into the lounge. A few people were skittering about, one guy was even watching a football game on the large TV in front of the sofas and chairs. Matthias had never been a big fan of football, or most sports for that matter, so he left the guy to it and moved over towards the kitchen-area to the right of the lounge, his right hand kept up in chest-height as he continued to make the balls rotate around one another. He opened the fridge and looked through it, tilting his head a little.

"Lad os se… hvad kan vi lave…?" (Translated from Danish: "Let's see... what can we make…?")

Back