• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gilded Halls ★ IC

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

• Selena Bravo - Outside

As Selena followed Matt and Liam to the dodgeball court, in just a few seconds the dodgeball machine at the other side of the court started to fire up balls. Selena stood there numb. She wasn't ready for all this. Her hair was frizzed up in a ponytail, she was only wearing flip-flops, and she was already thirsty. One ball was fired, and Selena missed it by jumping over the ball close to the floor. Selena had a good jump, probably due to her ability. Other students around her were dodging balls, even one had pushed her out of her way to avoid getting hit.

Then immediately, she was hit by a ball on her back...then on her right leg, then on her left foot, then on her abdomen. After several hits, her legs were bruised red. She couldn't find a way to get of the balls. The number of dodgeballs were being increased little by little.

As she found Liam and Matt, she jumped and dodged every ball that were aimed directly at her, resisting the pain from a few. A fast-sped dodgeball was aimed directly at Liam and was hit in the face. He laid down on the floor in a somewhat unconscious state. Selena gasped as she saw the whole thing, hoping Liam would be okay.

"Liam!" Selena called out, running towards him. "Liam!!" She kneeled down as she came up to him, slapping him in the face to wake him up. "Man, that was a hard hit."​

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    → Jamie Lane ● Ballywood

The pool had stretched, unimaginably - it was far longer than before, reaching Olympic-standard length. As much as he enjoyed swimming, he didn't want to show off too much - plus he'd already managed a good few lengths earlier in the day. Wait an hour after food! His mother used to always lecture, this was probably the first time he heeded her advice.

Instead, Jamie has decided to venture towards the ominous whirring noise - which seemed to be the byproduct of a hefty, dodgyball firing super-machine.

There were already some students in the firing range, he recognised them from the Elements class - one of the boys seemed to have a distinct interest in Ginny. Jamie's mind started to go off track, but before he could relive too much rage the boy was caught in the head by a stray dodgeball. The girl rushed over to help, catching herself in the line of fire but avoiding the same injury as the boy.

"This could be fun," Jamie said, grinning. If Kevin was around they could have doubled up, but this game would be fun alone, at least.

Weaving in to the cage, Jamie readied himself for an onslaught. He focused his ears, waiting for the tiniest murmur, utilising his power best he could in this kind of game. The first ball came, as expected, and veered towards his head. Jamie, anticipating this, weaved out of the way.

Man versus machine.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Nathan Steele & Alicea Shay Bernard

Joint post by JNathan and Nideous
    Alicea blinked. Even she could see Nathan wasn't too happy about Will. Will left immediately afterwards, and the girl was left staring at her room mate. She idly wondered what to do next. Still, she had to point out the obvious.
    "S-so... Thuh pool got... Bigger..." she mumbled softly. "I-I think we are in
    a school... A school fer people like us..." she said softly, remembering all
    the weird stuff that had happened so far. And to top it all off they
    were in what amounted to gym class.
    Nathan was looking at Alicea, they were finally alone. That Will guy finally decided to go away. She was still staring at him, she didn't look like she was angry. Maybe she was happy that they were alone too. Who knows? He blushed slightly at this thought. Then she spoke with her soft, angelic voice. Oh, he really liked this girl after all.
    "Yeah! Maybe you're right!" He decided to be frank with her. "If you're wondering why I was uncomfortable with Will, the truth is that I wanted to be alone with you. I-I mean I like you a lot actually. Hehe I'm a little nervous now. So what do you want to do?"

Alice smiled nervously at his admission. Truth be told, she wanted to be alone with him too. She was too shy to admit she liked him a lot, but it was written all over her face. She held a soft smile that was only on her face when he was around, despite the fact that every time she shifted her foot it made her flinch just a tad. But she would be fine so long as she didn't look and see how bad her ankle was.

"W-well... A-ai reckon tha' this pool got bigger fer a reason... A-an' i Think that class started...M-maybe we oughta just swim fer a bit... Hm..." she said meekly, pushing off of the wall and drifting toward the center of the pool, watching Nathan, wondering if he would indeed like to swim with her
    He always liked when she gave him that smile of hers. He was so in love for her. That had to be the only explanation. But how could someone fall in love so quickly? He shouldn't really question that, the only thing he wanted right now was to be with her. And he was with her right now, that was the only thing that counted at the moment.
    "Sure I'd love to do anything with you. And besides, we were going to swim before the bell rang. But are you sure you'll be good with your foot?"

She smiled meekly at his concern. Honestly, she couldn't have asked for anything more. He was so kind and sweet, and she could tell he was genuinely worried for her. Just made her feel... Wanted. Like he really liked spending time with her. She nodded slowly and began to tread water.

"Yeah, I-i'm sure... Jus' twisted it is all... I'll be awright..." she said softly, just kind of hanging out in the middle of the pool. "'sides... Thuh watuh feels naice..."
    She smiled again, as if she was teasing him. Another one and he would ask her in marriage right away. Wait, maybe ask to date her, marriage was too high for him now. She tasted the water. Looks like it felt nice. Time to swim now.
    "Ok, here I come." He removed his shirt for the second time today but quickly jumped in the pool. The water felt really nice like she said. "What about you join me, sweetheart?" Time to tease her now.
    She blinked a little bit, her eyes watching him. She wanted him to ask her out, being too shy to ask him. Too afraid of him saying no. What if he liked another girl? Still. She moved slowly over to him as he splashed into the pool, getting more water all over her face. Not that she minded. It felt nice on this warm day. She was now right next to him.

"Awright... I-it don't mattuh... L-let's go swimmin then..." she said softly.
    She suddenly became a little bit silent. He was wondering if she had something bugging her. Was she uncomfortable with him calling her a sweetheart. Well, that was possible, knowing she was shy. Still, he wanted to be sure.
    "I hope you don't mind me calling you sweetheart, it's just that you're a little special for me."
    He was worried about calling her sweetheart? What, did he not call anyone else that? Regardless, it made her feel special. Made her feel important, that he thought she was worth having a nickname. It made her smile a bit and she shook her head.

"N-naw, I d-don't mind... I-it's... Kinda naice..." she mumbled so softly he might not have heard her. Well... Maybe not. Maybe he had heard her perfectly. Would not shock her. He seemed to listen intently to what she said. Which also felt nice.
    Oh yes, she's smiling again! Nathan was under the spell of her smile, he really liked that girl. So much he wanted to kiss her. Why didn't he kiss her? Her lips were so sexy and attracting. That girl was the perfect one for him, no doubt. Now, he shouldn't go too fast, he would have to be patient with her.
    "I'm glad you like it. Now I'll be switching between Ali, sweetheart and maybe love in the near future." That wasn't slow at all, he thought, cursing himself mentally.

Alicea began to blush profusely. L-love? What?! This was moving quite fast! What exactly could she say though? She really liked him a lot. Like... A lot! But love? What? Her heart was pounding, and she felt a bit dizzy. She reached out and held onto his shoulder, so she didn't sink again. Unfortunately this only made things worse.

"L-love? B-but we aren't even datin'..." she said meekly... And then before she could help herself, she added one more word. "Y-yet..."

And with that she began to curse herself for saying that. Well. With that one word she had put herself out there, ready for rejection. Honestly, she had no idea what to do now, but she was kind of depending on him not to let her drown.
    He was kind of surprised when she mentioned the "dating" bit. So she wanted to date after all. She held on to him, he could feel her hard, that was driving him crazy. How could a girl have so much power over him. He couldn't resist her anymore. He took her head in his hands delicately and kissed her. It was a perfect moment for him. He finally let go of her.
    "I guess we are now."
    So many things ran through Alicea's mind as Nathan guided her closer. Their lips met, and she found him kissing her. But what shocked her was that she kissed back, slowly closing her eyes, feeling his lips, her arms, holding tightly to him, partly because she was afraid if she let go she would sink, and partly because she just wanted to hold him. It was amazing, and her mind just kind of stopped working. She didn't even feel the pain in her foot anymore. Slowly he pulled away and smiled at her, and all she stared at him with a sort of dreamy expression and simply replied.
    "Y-yeah..."

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Matthias Winston – Outside, with more sports

The balls continued to fly and Matthias found himself quickly getting somewhat exhausted, breathing heavily, but continuing to dodge the murderous machine. Manchester was nearby, thankfully taking away some of the balls that would otherwise had flown at him, William or Selena, whom had now also joined the fray. He found himself being hit on the shoulder, arm or leg and stumbling, but managing to keep going. The balls weren't very hard, but the speed was pretty ridiculous.

He glanced to his left as William was taunting the machine after having shot one of the balls back at him, and just then, he was hit in his face and then his gut, causing him to topple over. Matthias felt a shot of worry go through him as his friend was knocked down, but the machine seemingly didn't shoot after the ones lying down, so at least he was safe for now. Aside from that, he let out a little whimper about being on a highway and being hit by a truck.

This caused Matt' to let out a laugh, even as Selena came over and ducked down to check on William, but Matthias quickly found out that paying attention to anything but the machine was a bad idea. The next moment, one of the balls slammed right into his chest, causing all of the air to get knocked out of him at once, making him stumble backwards. A few tears ran out of the corners of his eyes from the sudden pressure on his chest and he gasped, pulling air into his lungs again.

The machine seemed to be preparing to shoot another ball at him, aside from everyone else in here by now, but Matthias, with a hand on his aching chest, grit his teeth and raised his right hand, as if to stop the ball which the machine had just shot at him at the same, insanely high speed. Just before reaching him however, the ball stopped dead in his tracks and Matthias grinned wickedly, the ball hovering a few inches from his palm. Pulling his arm back, he pushed it forwards again, sending the ball at high speed at the machine, slamming into its side.

He let out a cough and then laughed out, pumping his fists into the air. "Ha-hah! Yeah, mess with my friends and me! Bring it, you hunk of bolts!"
    As if on cue, the machine whirred and turned to Matthias again, spitting out ball after ball, but with the help of his ability, he managed to push his hands left, right, up and forwards, sending the balls shot at him flying to the sides. He managed to catch a ball or two headed for Manchester and Selena as the vein in his temple began pounding, a light pain spreading in his head. He ignored it, the surge of adrenaline going through him causing him to focus only on catching the balls mid-air with his telekinesis and toss them away or at the machine again.

The machine began focusing on the other people and Matthias breathed heavily, glancing down at Selena and William, flashing them a toothy grin. "Hah! Looks like my ability isn't that bad after all, eh?!"
    However, the drop in the usage of his ability caused the pain to catch a little up with him as he winced, rubbing a hand against his temple, the sudden headache slowing him down quite a lot, and just as he looked back in front of him, he was met with a red flash of leather/rubber as one of the balls smacked against his face, a small crunch sounding as the ball smashed against his nose, sending the boy nearly flying backwards. He slammed against the ground with his arms and legs splayed out on either side of him, his eyes rolled back in his head as he let out a quiet groan and quite quickly lost consciousness. "Guuhhh…"

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
    Years
  • Grace de Lambrina

Grace's Mood: Somewhat Relieved Because She's Not Death And Stuff [Um, Light Blue, I suppose?]
    Theme Song? Ain't Nobody Got Time For That!

Dripping wet. And not in the smexy way. Grace sits on her back and can only witness the gathering of people as well as a ringing bell. Second class? Certainly. And it just so happens that said class is gymnastics, that or someone's hitting kids with a crazy machine just because. Possibly both. Calles already? This is madness! She is not going to run or be thrown balls at! Not even in this state of wet. Standing up as carefully and slowly as possible, she retakes her original stance, glancing around for a second, then surveying the damage to her image.

Messy wet hair.
    No makeup on her face... Don't look at her, you'll turn into stone!
    A ruined outfit. Now she won't outstyle everyone around her! Madness, I'm telling you!

Although, of course, at least the colors and waves had disappeared... That's a good thing, right? Trying to walk unadvertised by the sides of the pool, she gets ahold of her purse, which lied next to where Dom previously sat, and once reunited she decided to take out the gray piece of paper she wasn't able to read upon her arrival. Lucky her, the blank canvas had now turned into a map, with the location of her dorm relative to where she was. It would only take a quick step from her to-- And she slipped again. And now's she back to her feet aaaand she slipped again.

It's gonna be an interesting walk back to her dorm...​

((OOC: I'll have a post up with Grace sporting a new outfit and back at the pool so that the machine can kill her too :3 When I'm not feeling lazy, that is xD))​

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Ginevra Morrigan & Dominic Irving - Jogging Trail
    After recovery from whatever had hit her when her and Evan had gone for a walk, Ginny had headed back to her room, where she thankfully did not find her lousy roommate, Jamie. The next class was physical education, which thankfully meant that she could get back into her comfort zone -- running. A quick change of clothes was due and she walked back outside wearing a pair of short green athletic shorts and a red sports bra. She had laced up her running shoes and stretched in her room, so she was now ready to go.

Her eyes looked around as she jogged over to the pool area, which seemed to have expanded. There was dodgeball nearby, but that definitely was not her thing. Besides, she had already been to the nurse once today for... reasons... and she didn't want to go again. Poolside, she jogged in place and looked around, wondering if anyone else would want to run with her or would she be doing this alone. Casually, she asked aloud, "Anyone in for a run?"

Dom's head perked up. That voice... He looked around in search of who it had come from. Not him... probably not her... maybe the red head... wait, red head? His face turned a light crimson color. Ah damn, I didn't expect her to be here. Is that a red sports bra?! It had now become an unhealthly dark shade of crimson. Oh Jesus... I kinda need the run though. Dominic raised a mechanical arm to get the girl's attention. "I'll go!"

The metallic arm caught the sunlight and caused a slight glare, but after raising her hand to shield the sun, she smiled and jogged over to him, "Ever done any distance running?" Her eyes looked the boy up and down, "Looks like you can cover some serious distance, though. I was always on the XC team at my old school."

"Cross country, huh?" His eyes tried to avoid the girl's face, so they instead found the ground quite interesting. "Nah I haven't done any distance running." He gulped a bit, hoping she didn't see that he was more than a bit nervous. "Unless you count conditioning for other sports long distance." Talking about sports always came easy to Dom; it was his passion afterall.

"Have you stretched?" Ginny stretched her legs one last time, just to make sure she was loose before she resumed jogging in place, "Alright, well, I figured we'd run on the walkway around the school." She then ran off down the path, sure that his legs would make it easy for him to catch up to her. The breeze felt nice against her face and would have made her hair flow freely, but she had tied it in a tight tail to keep it out of her way.

In a flash the girl had taken off and had a considerable head start on Dom. "Hey wait!" He gave a small sigh. It was a bit of a risk for him to jog at the same pace as the girl. Screw it. I guess I'll just lag behind... The prosthetics on his leg started to whir as he started a slow pace.

Ginny looked behind her and noticed the tall, slightly mechnical boy was behind her. She raised a brow and wondered if he had some problems with control, so she slowed down her pace until she was side by side with him, "Sorry about that, it looks like I got a bit ahead of myself... and you, apparently." She smiled as she looked up at him, "I'm Ginny, by the way. Full name's Ginevra."

"The name's Dominic but, most everyone calls me Dom." He gave a slight smile to Ginny. "You were fine.. it's just if i go too fast I lose control over my legs." He hits the metal attachments which respond with a resounding clang. "Over a hundred miles an hour, to be specific. It's quite the ride once I get up to that speed."

"Well, I guess that explains why you're at this school." She laughed a little, "Well, I'm not the fastest sprinter, but I have stellar endurance... I can run for miles and miles! That must be amazing though." A frown replaced her smile as she thought how he had probably gained his power, "Sorry, I don't mean to glorify your prosthetics."

"Amazing is one way to put it and it's fine." Dom gave a slight sigh as painful recollections surfaced. "I used to be quite the sprinter before my... accident." He pushed away the memories that tried to fight themselves into his mind. In an attempt to change the subject, he asked. "So where are you from? I hear the country accent, are you a southerner as well?"

"Alabama, Southside but the part in Calhoun county." Most people had never heard of where she was from, but the way he asked his question made her think he hailed from nearby, even though his accent told her he was more local to where they were now. "What about you? Saying 'as well' makes me think you're from there, but then your accent throws me off."

"I'm originally from Scotland but, most my life I lived in Georgia." He then looked down to observe the certainly attractive female jogging beside him. For such a huge muscular guy, Dom was observant and his eyes delicately graced her body. Small little details stood out to him, her deep red hair, her striking blue eyes. "Damn... I wish we had girls like you in Riverdale.", Damn! The words had spilled out of his mouth without hesitation. This isn't like me at all... What the hell is wrong with me today?

His statement caught Ginny a little off guard, but she took it in stride and playfully teased, "Didn't have many distance runners in Riverdale, hm?" This brought on another laugh and she sped up again so he wouldn't see the blush as it grew on her cheeks. I'm getting more attention than I ever have before... Her memories recalled her feelings of infatuation from earlier with Selena and then Evan and she pondered what had stirred such primal desire. Unfortunately for Dom, it wasn't present right now and she felt more in control of herself.

Distance runners, huh? Dom flashed a grateful smile and shook his head. He then paused. Dammit... this is the same girl as from before. Should I ask about it.. or not? The debate raged on in his mind as the Scottish giant lagged behind the beautiful red head. Screw it. He looked ahead towards Ginny and trying to act as casual as he could he spoke. "So... Have you ever visited the gardens at this school? They're really pretty."

His question caused her to stop dead in her tracks and she took a deep breath to steady herself. When she was ready, she turned around, trying to act as casual as possible, "Umm... yes, I have... actually. When did you go?" Hopefully it was at a different time than her, otherwise he might have seen something that by all means should have been extremely private.

Oh damn... stepped on a land mine. Dom stopped himself and stood still in front of Ginny. He gave some nervous laughter and looked around, trying as hard as he could to avoid those blue eyes. "Just went with my friend eariler today... After we got settled... When did you go?"

Barely managing a whisper, Ginny looked down, "Umm, before the first lesson. What about you?" The feeling in the pit of her stomach grew as she slowly began to realize that he most likely saw her and Selena. Why she had done it and done it there was beyond her comprehension but she had known that there was no way to resist it, like it had been with Evan earlier. What's wrong with me?

Her looking away made Dom fill up with guilt. It was most likely spur of the moment and it wasn't his business what she did anyways. He gave a slight cough and looked towards the girl. "Sorry... I think I saw something I shouldn't have seen." He must have been quiet the sight to see, a giant robot, who's face was as red as a tomato.

Ginny looked up and her face blushed the heaviest red and she squealed in slight terror, now knowing exactly what he had seen. Without thinking, she ran right through him, which she didn't know would cause a slight shock to his system but she just needed to get away. At her strongest sprint, she phased through many objects such as trees and everything. Eventually, she found herself in a dark closet inside the school, where she curled up in a tight ball and sobbed.

"I'm really sorry I didn't mean to see... just following a friend that's all." He looked up to see Ginny's reaction but for reasons he couldn't explain, she was running straight towards him. "Wait, calm down!" The words were uttered as Dom felt a pulse spread through out the length of his entire body. What the hell? The giant thought to himself as his prosthetics gave a hiss and the whirring that never ceased, halted. With a loud clatter of noise, the dysfunctional cyborg slammed face first into the ground.

A small river of crimson began to make its way from Dom's head down to the ground, on which he lay. The mechanics that helped the robotic boy move, were now not functioning and he lay there groaning. Ughhh, What the hell?! Why aren't these stupid pieces of #%$& moving? He struggles to pull himself up into a sitting position, with the one functional limb on his body. Did she just.. run through me? The cyborg gave a small laugh and lectured himself aloud. "That's not even possible... I think I'm going bloody crazy." Blood trickled down the side of his face as the broken robot closed his eyes and blacked out.
    a joint post by mac & chilidawgs.

Last edited:

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
    Years
  • Will lifted his head up once again when he felt a hand draw across his face just hard enough to snap him out of his daze. "Huh? What? I'm awake mom hold on I'll be ready on time to go to-oh no your an even more beautiful sight for sore eyes...Oh, hi Selena...guess I got my comeupiths for being an arrogant prick huh?" He sat up and admired Matthias' display of awesome dodge...iness...and cheered him on when he started using his abilities to deflect the balls without even touching them. "Wooh! Nice one Matt! Your the king of the court, Royal Rubber Ruiner! The Elastic Executioner y-oh no." Matt began to showboat and mock the machine much as he had, and his face knew all too well what a mistake that was. "No Matt don't talk crap to the machine, and dear god don't take your eyes off-" WHAM! As soon as his friend was done turning to bask in their praise for a moment he was sucker punched by 100% pure Karma-Rubber...Kubber? Rama?....whatever.

He was about to get up as fast as he could without horrible vertigo when he realized that while she was trying to wake him all the way up Selena had been holding his head, he felt heat rush to his face in a blossom of red and gently lifted her hands away from him and got up quickly in hopes she wouldn't notice. He made his way over to Matthias. "You okay buddy?" A light groan was the only response he received. "Uh oh, his nose is bent at an awkward angle...and I think he's genuinely losing consciousness, we gotta get him to the nurse!" He started to pick up his friend until he was distracted by the most gargantuan sound of impact he had ever heard. "The hell was that? Are meteors falling now?...Who knows what with this place." Liam sat Matthias upright and then dragged him a bit towards Selena. "With that kind of noise I'm worried somebody might be hurt even worse than Matthias, sorry I'll be right back, keep him sitting up and talk to him alright? We can't let him fall asleep in case he has a concussion.

Once Matthias was safely in Selena's soft, perfect hands Knock it off this time for that BS!. *Ahem* Liam made his way in the direction of the crash he had heard, but after a short distance he shook his head "That's enough running off, one damn thing at a time." It didn't take him long to make his way back to the dodgeball court and when he did he couldn't stop himself from scowling for a moment at the sight of Nathan. Well...I suppose if he wants to help there's no reason to stop him. He followed, ready to move in if either of them got tired.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Priscilla Bellerose

Priscilla watched Kyle leave the nurse's office, saying that he was going back to their room for a change of clothes. Priscilla sighed. I should probably change clothes, too... But I'm pretty much dry already... She shrugged and jumped down from the bed. "I think I'm going to class now," she said to the nurse. She held her teddy bear tightly and started to walk back to the pool. This sucks... Now I'm all alone. Maybe I can try to make some new friends... Not likely, though. Wait, how do I know where to go? Priscilla sighed and shook her head. This day just kept getting more and more confusing... Eventually, she got to the pool. She looked around and frowned. "Now what?" she asked, sticking her thumb in her mouth.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years

• Selena Bravo - Outside

Liam did respond, and he immediately got up...resisting his bruises and his pain. He got up as he and Selena quickly glanced at Matt, who was also getting hit by the dodgeballs too. Selena was still being hit by the dodgeballs aiming at her...especially toward her right hip bone, which was becoming the most hard hit. Matt fell to the ground the minute Liam and Selena were trying to approach to him.

They both went up to him as Selena attempted to revive Matt using the same technique she used for Liam. Slapping him in the face lightly in order for him to gain conscience. Liam helped out by setting Matt's head on Selena's knees, hoping he would respond as soon as possible. They were both out of harm's way.

"Matt," Selena said, "I need to take you to the nurse, stat." She continued to slap him softly, then it turned to caressing his cheeks softly...soothing the pain on his face using her chlorophyll.

Liam kept checking if he responded, turning to Selena as she continued to wake up Matt but to no avail, there was still no response.

"I can't get him to wake up, Liam!" Selena shouted back, "We gotta take him to the nurse's office right now!" Selena, who got really worried, started to sprout vines from both of her wrists, aiming towards Matt's arms and wrapping them tight. Carefully, she stood up and began to lift Matt using her vines. All she needed left was someone strong to lift his legs. Lifting Matt up to her waist was the least she could do, but she was able to walk.

It was easy, she started to walk a little out of the dodgeball court...towards the exit. She glanced at Liam as he was also trying to help another injured individual out.

"Liam, I can carry Matt to the nurses office. Can you get that other person too?" Selena asked, "Unfortunately my vines can only handle one person...and not too long sadly!"​

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Nathan Steele

Nathan was in his own little bubble with Alicea. He was glad she accepted to date him, nothing
    in the world could have made him happier. He finally found someone to like and someone who liked him even with the "gift" he had been given. She was the perfect one for him, he felt like staying forever with her in this pool. Everything was going so well between them right now, what feeling could be better? He wouldn't care about his parents anymore. They barely meant anything to him, his attention was all for his girlfriend. But even with this fact, he couldn't miss how some guy apparently got knocked out by a ball thrown by a crazy machine. He thought it wasn't a serious and went back to contemplating his girlfriend. But when he turned his head again, the boy was still unconscious and a girl was trying to lift him with some vines. Wait, vines? People here were really strange after all. But she looked to be struggling to do it. Nathan sighed, he couldn't let someone like this. Why did he have to be caring for people he didn't even know? Maybe because they were like him. He looked at Alicea with a sad look on his face. "I'd love to stay with you much longer and even forever but there seems to be some unconscious guy that have to go to the nurse but the girl lifting him is struggling really hard. I can't leave them like that, they need help. I hope you don't mind that I help them." With this, he kissed her sweetly and went toward them, not without putting his shirt back. He arrived near the girl with the vines and another guy struggling with a robot. Seriously, what the hell are those guys? Plant girls and even cyborgs?. "Erm, you seem to be in trouble. I can give a hand if you'd like." Here goes the savior again.

Years
  • Priscilla Bellerose

Priscilla looked up from the ground and shook her head. "I need to stop spacing out like that," she mumbled. She looked up around and gasped. "There's a robot person here?!" she shrieked. She giggled softly and jumped in place. "This is the best school ever!" Priscilla hugged her teddy bear and smiled. She noticed Nathan near the robot guy and ran over to him. "Hiya there!" she said to him, and to the other people near him. She noticed that the robot and some other guy were unconscious and tilted her head. "What happened to them?" she asked. "And can I do anything to help?" She stuck her thumb back in her mouth and held her teddy bear tightly.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years

• Selena Bravo & Nathan Steele - Outside

joint post with jnathan

As Selena nodded at Liam, she continued to pull Matt, heading towards the inside of the building and on her way straight to the nurses office. She was finally out of harm's way completely, and was getting close. But suddenly, she was getting tired. Matt still hasn't woken up from his unconscious slumber, and remains unresponsive...although his heart was beating. Selena's vines were starting to lose the grip of Matt's arms as she got closer, meaning the strength from Selena was wearing off, and she's going to need more water to regain that strength. She continues to resist, and began to slowly dehydrate.

She took a deep breath, and stopped. It became too much for her to carry Matt on her own.

"I...I can't do this." Selena said to herself, "But I won't give up..." She continued to carry Matt with his arms, and continued to walk...in a slower pace than earlier.

In an instant, a random boy soon began to notice Selena and her struggle. He was fixing his T-shirt as he began to offer her help lift Matt indoors. Selena smiled as the boy asked if he could help her. With manly strength, the lift would be a piece of cake.

"Oh my goodness, please." Selena replied with relief, "He's been unconsious for a while now and I'm extremely worried. Try lifting him by the legs while I use my vines to carry the arms."

Maybe it was a good thing he decided to help that girl out, she looked extremely relieved that he offered his help to her. She looked extremely tired. She couldn't lift that guy anymore, it was too much for her. But with his training, he could do it easily. He looked at the girl, offering a genuine smile. "I'm strong enough to lift him on my own without any problems so let me do it alone. And besides you look tired. I won't take no for an answer." That said, he took the boy out of the girl's vines. He was lighter than Nathan actually thought and that made things even easier than him. He was becoming more and more glad that he started bodybuilding at a young age. That made him stronger than average teens and now, he was lifting that boy and helping out the girl. "I'll take of things from now on. Leave him to me." But right then, he noticed that Priscilla showed up and was trying to help them. "Sorry sweetie but you can't help us now. Why don't you go at the pool and wait for me while I get my friend to the nurse?" He really hoped she'd understand that she couldn't help right now.

There was a pause between the two. Selena slowly lets go Matt by loosening her vines from his arms, retracting to her wrists. She was exhausted, her vines were tired of all the weight, but it was for the good of Matt. She passed Matt to the boy by his arms gently, hoping he wouldn't hurt himself. "He won't respond at all, be careful with his head, he might have a concussion or something." She explained. "I know where the nurse's office is, so follow me. I mean, my vines can handle such strength, but it's just not enough."

Selena did felt that she could have used a little more help, especially from the girl who had approached to her and the boy. She quickly assumed that the boy knew her...probably friends. It was kind for her to ask for help...but... her thought trailed off as she opened the door for the boy.

When the girl opened the door for him, he delicately walked with the unconscious guy, bridal style, in his hands. Who thought he would be lifting a guy in such manner? He could do it easily for girls but for guys, he never imagined he would do it. Hmm, the circumstances of life are weird sometimes. At that right moment, he thought it would maybe be better if he used his power but he didn't feel like pushing his limits too much. Meh, who cares? It's just for a little while. He then turned both his hands into iron. He had a little difficulty pulling it off this time, considering that he had already used his power today. I shouldn't use it anymore for today. It was decided, he wouldn't be able to use it again for this day. Except maybe for lifting weights though. Even though he just went to the nurse earlier, he had kind of forgotten where the office was. Dumb him! He looked at the girl. "So, where do I go? I forgot the way to the nurse haha", he said feeling slightly embarrassed.

"The nurses office..." Selena began to think of the map she had read earlier when she arrived at Glided Halls. "It's upstairs to our left." Then she glanced at the long staircase ahead of her. "Yeah...that's gonna be a problem. Do you think you'll be able to carry him upstairs? I still have strength to help out with my vines."

How the nurse's office is upstairs on the first floor is still unknown. It should be in the ground floor where it is easily accessible. Having to go upstairs to get treated for something extremely serious like Matt's possible concussion was crazy. Selena glanced at the boy, then at the staircase, having to formulate a plan.

"If all is possible, I can help you with the legs if you like, it's gonna be a while climbing up the stairs. The nurse's office is just near the staircase." she said.

Nathan looked at the long staircase. If the boy wasn't unconscious, he'd go through it so fast and easily. But thanks to his power, this would also be easy. He would still have to be quick since he could only hold the transformation for 5 minutes. Afterwards, he'd be a little tired and wouldn't be able to continue. Then the girl proposed to help with her vines. She is already tired yet she still wishes to help her friend. He smiled at her concern.

"It'll be easy. He is as light as a match thanks to my ability", he said, showing his hands in the process. "But we'll have to be quick, I can't hold it much longer."

He looked at the unconscious boy and felt himself starting to pant. Damn it! I can't continue for too long!

But what can the boy do, actually? Selena quickly assumed he just had super strength. The whole thing had to be extremely quick. She nodded at the boy, agreeing that he'd have to use his power to carry him upstairs. Awaiting for the staircase to clear up, Selena became the first to climb up the stairs, then began to lead the way for the boy to carry Matt upstairs. "Just follow my lead, and we can finish this quicker than anticipated." She said, "no one's behind me, so we're good."​

Nideous

The world refused to change...
    Years
  • Alicea nodded slowly as her boyfriend went out to go help carry some people to the nurse's office. She wanted to help, so she swam to a ladder, and began to climb out, but she flinched, her face going pale as her injured foot touched the metal. With a sigh she drifted back toward the middle. Seriously, what had she done to her foot? It was hurting too much. She thought a moment and kept swimming. She had no idea what to do now. Maybe she should go back to her room for a while. But she couldn't right now. She turned and swam toward the wall, just kind of holding there for the moment. What to do now... She could remain where she was. She was worried about Nathan though. Everyone seemed to be getting hurt on this, the first day. Herself included. She wondered what to do now. Musing to herself a bit, she blinked at the water. She flexed her powers a bit, concentrating hard and making the water warmer. But there was too much! She shook her head again, feeling a bit hot and dizzy. So... She dipped back into the water, letting the cool liquid cool her off. She pushed off of the wall, then headed to the surface, splashing up. Maybe she should got a few laps in while she waited for Nathan.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Priscilla Bellerose

Priscilla frowned and sighed. "He's treating me like I'm a little kid," she mumbled angrily. Everybody did this to her... First her parents, then Alyssa, and now Nathan. Grown-ups... They think they own the world... Priscilla stomped over to the edge of the pool and sat down angrily. She sighed and hugged her stuffed bear tightly. "What am I getting so worked up about?" she asked herself. "I should just relax..." She set her bear next to her and took her socks and shoes off. Priscilla put her feet in the water and grabbed her teddy bear. She kissed its nose and smiled. "At least you don't think I'm just a baby... Just don't fall into the pool again, alright?"

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • Dominic "Dom" Irving & Evan Kyong - Awake the Sleeping Giant

(Palpitations in this heat, it's dehydration. And electrolyte loss.) Evan raced back to the pool, wiping sweat off his brow as he ran. (We could've exchanged some more body fluid, but what she needs now is a sports drink.) He wouldn't be gone for too long, so she shouldn't think too ill of him leaving her like that. He was sweating profusely himself, out of anxiety for her well-being – not fatigue. Spending time with Ginny was tiring, but in a good way.

When he reached the pool, the lunch table wasn't there anymore. He ran back to the tree. When he reached the tree, Ginny wasn't there anymore. He ran for the nurse's office. When he reached the nurse's office, the nurse wasn't there anymore. He ran to Valiant Hall. Nobody was there. He ran back to the pool, then to the tree, then to the nurse's office again (she seemed to like taking breaks), and back once again to the tree.

"Damn it!" Evan kicked the tree in anger. He almost punched it, until he realized his hand was swollen no longer. He decided to make the most of it and punched the tree anyways. It didn't swell this time. (If she's not anywhere, then where is she?) Evan sat down until his breathing returned to normal. (There's not much that you can do about it now, if you don't know where or how she is …)

Evan relented and began to wander aimlessly. He found himself on a pathway, one that curved off into the distance. It was a hot day. He could feel the heat radiating from the black tarmac beneath him. The sun beat at him from above. The path seemed to go ever on and on, and Evan wasn't sure if he would be back in time for the next class. Not that it mattered to him, as he had the feeling there wouldn't be much penalty if he didn't show up. Everything felt so carefree here, and Evan felt free. While he was free to do as he wished in the big wide world, still he was chained by the hunger of survival and the thirst to return home. Now, there was nothing driving him, no real force or call to action. He didn't fully understand his new-found freedom, but he liked it.

Just then, he noticed a lump on the road. It was moving, as if it was breathing – rhythmically too! It was an odd sight, but familiar. He walked closer and the lump turned out to be Dom.

"Master Irving, do you know what time it is?" No response. Evan was about to kick him in the leg, but had second thoughts and drove his foot into his side instead. "Come on, big boy…" Another kick. "Get –" Another one. "– up!"

"Ughhh.. Bloody hell?" A groggy Dominic awoke to find a foot coming towards his side. Using the reflects that he learned playing baseball, he grabbed the incoming limb. The misfunctioning boy looked up at his attacker and was surprised to see a familiar. "Evan? Why the hell are you kicking me?"

"Why the hell not?" Evan baited Dom with his leg, just to have him thrash around with great effort. The sight was really quite pathetic and comedic at the same time. Evan bent over in laughter, clutching at his sides. "I think what you need is a reboot. Which of your buttons do I have to press?" He let himself lose his balance and he fell onto Dom, winding him. "Control, alt, delete? Press B? Up, up, down, down, hahaha..."

Dom's face turned into a dark shade, filled with anger. With the one arm that was still functional he grabbed Evan by the collar and pulled him in close. "You listen here... I'm not the type of guy who likes to go 'round starting beef with someone I just met. He pulls the Asian boy in closer. "You wouldn't like me when I'm angry." The disabled cyborg's voice was filled with anger and mockery.

"You keep talking like that, and I'll turn your voicebox into Autotune." Evan's face froze for a second, then burst out in laughter. He sniggled awkwardly for what seemed to be too long a moment. "Okay, okay, how may I help you?"

Ahhh... Just screwing with me, huh? The huge scottish man-child sat there staring at his roommate who was now snickering at him. Not sure if this guy is a friend or not... The dried blood that had spread across Dom's face was now dried up and crackled across his skin as he furrowed his brow. "I'm not really sure, mate. One second I was talking to this girl, and then the next, my prosthetics started to malfunction, and then I fell... Now i got this headache, and it's hurts like hell."

Evan's ears caught the detail loud and clear. "A girl you said? Which one?"

"Ginny... I think." His face filled with regret. "I brought up something... That I shouldn't have."

Evan pressed on. "So she's alright?"

"Yeah she's fine... I just made her feel embarassed I guess..." Dom groaned. "Aghhh... I'm being such a screw up today."

"Good." Evan made a mental note. Ginny was all right. He noticed that his last answer to Dom wasn't particularly sympathetic. "So, how do I get you up and running again?"

"I'm not really sure... That girl did some freaky sh*t and I'm pretty sure that she ran through me!" Dom realized how crazy that his last words were. "It might just be the fall though... I got banged up pretty good. It may have caused some memory loss."

(So that's her power eh? Running through people and memory loss. Funny that should be, I remember our episodes crystal clear.) A subtle smile crept onto Evan's face. (Too clear.) "Shall I drag you? Or maybe I can pick you up over my shoulders?" He looked at Dom disapprovingly.

"What's with the look, little douche." The face that had just been filled with rage, was replaced with a humorous one. "I'm not really sure... There's no way that someone your size could drag around someone like me, even without my prosthetics." Dom gave a reassuring smile. "With these heavy-ass things, I weigh over four hundred pounds."

(No ****, fatass.) "Well, I hope you read the instruction manual, because like you said, I'm not dragging you around. Maybe I'll dismantle you and pick you up one piece at a time. Seriously though, you have to be able to reset them somehow."

"To be completely honest, I didn't pay attention at all when they explained the controls of these things." He gave a small frown of regret. Dom tried to raise his legs but, to no avail. "There might be something down there that reboots everything."

"What, like on your legs or something?"

"Noooo I meant up my butt." Dom gave a his roommate a warm grin after his sarcastic jab. "Yeah, buddy try my calfs."

Evan looked down at the lifeless legs. They were smooth and shiny - even after all the wear and tear Evan saw them go through. It reminded him of a Ferrari. The pieces fit together seemlessly with remarkable engineering. It seemed impossible to imagine a crevice or a button or any way, really, for him to get under the armoured exterior. Evan knelt down and rapped his knuckles on the metal panels. Ch*nk, Ch*nk, Ch*nk. (What the f-...) Even though the metal felt solid, it made a strange hollow noise. "Are you sure it's down here?" asked Evan awkwardly.

Evan's careful inspection reminded Dom a bit of a doctor's appointment... and he hated doctor appointments. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's down there..." He shifted uncomfortably. "Let's get this over with quickly."

He wasn't sure how to feel. It was awkward, feeling up someone's legs like that - but at the same time it wasn't, as they were cold and mechanical. It really was uncanny - they were sterile pistons and gears yes, but they were connected to someone organic who looked awfully uncomfortable and more so by the minute.

Evan gave the mechanical leg a good hard slap in frustration.

"Hey! Careful with that."

"Do you even feel pain with these? And they're turned off too ..."

Evan smacked the leg harder. Suddenly a panel popped open. "Now we're getting somewhere!" Evan concentrated on the complicated machine in front of him. (Umm… If this goes here, and that goes over there… Then where does this thing go? And what about that doohickey? Aaargh! I can't make heads or tails of this!) "So what am I supposed to be looking for again?"

"Just anything that looks like it could restart my legs. Maybe a switch, maybe a button i'm not really sure."

Evan smacked the leg one more time. The panel snapped shut and a low whirring sound began to rev up. Some of the lights blinked on and the legs twitched a little. "Well, now we know how that works." He offered Dom a hand.

The mechanics in Dom's legs sent a small shock throughout his body. "I think we got it!" He took the hand extended in front of him, and stood up. "Thanks for your help."

"Oh, yeah ... of course." Evan would have helped pull him up, but he had enough trouble standing still. "We should go back. I've been late-" (Well, skipped.) "- one class and I don't want to make it worse."

Without looking back, Evan dragged his feet, at snail pace, down the long pathway back to the school.​
    A joint post by BlahISuck & ChiliDawgs

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
    Years
  • Eden_zps6513dfe7.png
    Del_zpsd1d2c2bf.png

Eden & Del
    Chapter 1: A Boy and His (Psycho) Cat

Luckily, Del's comments went unnoticed. Unfortunately, the bell rang starting the next period before Eden could eat anything. This left them both in a bit of a standstill. Neither really knew what to do at the moment since they hadn't really had the time to get to know the school, but Eden figured he would have to find out sooner than later. It was a debatable scenario, since they could stay there or explore the school in an attempt to figure out what to do next. The second option wasn't very natural for Eden. He would rather laze about or prank somebody.

People around the pool continued on with their own activities, which honestly left Eden in a bit of a regressed state. Very few people were still at the pool, and one of the few people that were seemed like a couple. Eden never really did well around couples. He couldn't prevent himself from saying some obnoxious or crass statement about the naivety involved with teen love. Often times it would lead to confrontation or straight up fights because of his mouth. Ironically, he rarely reacted in such a rude way, unless you count his pranks, but those are more playful in nature than anything. Instead, he usually has this melancholic air about him. It's as if he's bored with everything around him.

As more and more people left the pool something unbelievable occurred, well unbelievable for most people. The pool expanded its size to encompass that of an Olympic sized pool. It was at this moment that Eden truly realized this school was unlike other schools, and the prospect of the fun that could be had actually gave him a bit of excitement. His fingers jittered around for a few moments and a smile that had creeped onto his face dissipated quickly once he the initial awe wore off. Eden remembered that it was only a possibility to have fun there, but it wasn't guaranteed that it would be.

Del was floating around, upside down, just minding his own business. It was just another typical day for the Cheshire cat. He took in all the sights and sounds around him enjoying every second of being in the real world. It was so different than the endless wonders of the dream world, so much so that it was a amazing for Del. Everything just looked so, for lack of a better term, real. The trees were actually green, buildings didn't defy logic, and giant mythical creatures weren't going around walking upside down. Truly refreshing. Even though Del was so happy in this world, it rarely seemed like Eden shared the same enthusiasm. Even right now Del could see that Eden was being distant.

"Something wrong?"

Eden looked over towards Del, watching Del's tail swish around. Paired with his ever present grin it could be considered a frightening scene. Eden paused a moment before replying to his friend.

"No, not really. Just bored already. Either people here are just uninteresting or I've become too jaded I guess."

"Well, you are used to seeing the dream world. Most people don't get to have such a deep reaction to something so different from your world."

Eden couldn't disagree with Del's comments, but something about them really ate at him. It wasn't as if they were wrong, or even mean, but they seemed to touch on the unusual nature of his personal life. A person forever destined to live two lives, one while awake and one while dreaming, though never knowing which life is the dream. That is the life of a Dreamweaver and the source of Eden's melancholy.

The prolonged exposure of Del was finally wearing on Eden's mind. He could only keep him out a few hours per day, and rarely could he reach that limit in one session. Often it would cause him severe mental and emotional instability, but at times it would just drain him of thought. Eden gave a quick glance towards Del and in moments the cat faded from existence. He would call him back later in the day, but for now his mind needed to relax.

With his attention no longer being averted by Del, he sought to ease his boredom. He saw a young girl cradling a stuffed bear, sitting by the pool. She seemed to exude a sort of aggravation, though for what reason was unknown. Eden was the type of person to enjoy people younger than himself, since they often displayed a greater imagination than people of similar age. As a result, his actions around kids and younger teens/tweens were respectful and attentive. He walked up to the younger girl and sat by the pool a few feet away from her. Eden din't want to make her feel uncomfortable, since she already seemed aggravated. With a bit of a blank look on his face he drifted his gaze towards the young girl. She was pale, something Eden was unused to.

"You seem to be troubled. I can lend an ear, if you'd like of course."​

Years
  • Priscilla Bellerose

Priscilla sighed and kicked the water softly. Dummies... I'm all grown up! You don't have to treat me like a baby! She looked up when she heard a voice and shook her head. "Nothing's wrong... I'm just frustrated. Everybody treats me like I'm a five year-old." She gripped her teddy bear tighter as she whispered this and stood up. "Um... What's your name?" Priscilla grabbed her socks and shoes and walked over to the boy. "My name's Priscilla," she said as she plopped down next to him. "This is Teddy." She held her bear out and smiled. "I'm the only one that can understand him. He says hi. And he wants to shake your hand."

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
    Years
  • Eden_zps6513dfe7.png
    Del_zpsd1d2c2bf.png

Eden & Del
    Chapter 1: A Boy and His (Psycho) Cat

Eden was glad the girl, who introduced herself as Priscilla, wasn't upset over anything too serious. Her frustration was understandable, though. Since she looks younger, and probably is younger, than the majority she's treated differently. That didn't sit well with Eden, since he knew everybody had qualities that can be helpful to any situation. Priscilla also asked him for his name.

"My name's Eden. Nice to meet you."

He gave a gentle smile, even though his eyes still had a dull look about them. Typical that Priscilla had given her bear an identity, but that was just another aspect of imagination that he really enjoyed. Priscilla held her bear out in front of him and mentioned that 'Teddy' wanted to say hi and shake Eden's hand. With no reason not to oblige he did as asked and shook Teddy's hand, paw, or whatever someone would like to call the bear's appendage.

"It's nice to meet you too Teddy."

Eden's attention reverted back to Priscilla's earlier comment about how everyone was treating her like a child. It bothered him that he couldn't really do anything, but he could still show her that not everyone is like that. It took several minutes for him to try and come up with an idea for something to do, but he couldn't really figure out what they could play. Ultimately, he settled for talking, seeing how they could get to know each other and an actual conversation may give her a feeling that someone isn't treating her like a kid.

"Yeah, I know where you're coming from. For some reason teenagers tend to not treat people younger than them with a lot of seriousness, not that I agree with that. Like you said, you aren't five, and as a result they shouldn't treat you as such. I'm sure they'll come around. It's not like we're very deep in the school year, and once they get to know you their reactions and opinions will change." Eden wasn't really sure if he was helping, so he wanted to change the subject. "Anything you want to do? I'm pretty sure it's time for gym, so we could play a game or something."​

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
    Years
  • Adrian Draegar
    Chapter 3: Destroy ALL the Stuff!!!

_________________________________​

He noticed the two people in the pool getting touchy-feely with each other. All cool, but he didn't want to watch something sleazy going on before his eyes. At any rate, I would rather be the one getting the girl, not that one. He proceeded to move to the other end when a rather large dodgeball hit him square in the face.

On impulse, he let loose his power in any general direction, making the pool water erupt with unequalled violence. It wasn't long before he had crawled out of the pool, feeling drained from the sudden use of his power.

While the pool water was still falling from the sky, he grabbed an idle ball, and threw it with as much force as he could at the machine, and caused the ball to rupture right before it hit, causing a violent explosion-like reaction that damaged the machine.

Not checking to check the damage, he went over to the pool, and noticed that it had a bit less water from his "outburst." Deciding not to worry about it, he went back into the pool and decided to relax. He was really feeling fatigued from the things he just did, and he was at a point where he simply didn't want to be bothered -- at least by anyone not with a very pretty face.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Angel listened to the other girl go with half an ear. She was tired, still. She wanted to go back to sleep, but everything was happening and she was afraid she would hit someone if she tried to run away.

What a quandary.

Maybe she would just sit and read for a little while. That would be nice. Or...she reflected as she heard delighted screams and winced., that would not be such a wise course of action. With reluctance, Angel rose to her feet and wiped grass stains from her pants. Perhaps there was a place she could jog. It would be less likely for her to hurt someone... or herself.

She quietly headed in that direction, or where she thought it was. At least she was going to head away from the screaming.

"All of this would perhaps be avoided if I did not dislike sunglasses," she mused.

But you couldn't wear sunglasses indoors and not look stupid. Not to mention hats... she was clueless with hats.

She was hopeless with everything.

The book in one arm begged to be read, but, having finally reached the track field, she carefully put it on a nearby bench. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. She wondered at its quality of reading, but she wasn't certain she would find out.

Sitting in the grass, Angel carefully began to massage her legs and stretch. That was one of the things Benjy had taught her. Don't just break into a sprint.

Perhaps learning was something she could do... but what was the first thing to learn in a school? She had never been to one.

Hmm... maybe it was best for her to stop thinking at all.

Back