• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite video game Let's Players?

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
  • The only LP channel I watch isn't exactly an LP channel, but rather a commentary channel: BrainScratch Commentaries. What I mean by "commentary channel" is that one of them plays the game beforehand, and then the four of them will comment on the recorded gameplay footage, and honestly I prefer this to live LPs, because they cut out a lot of repetitive stuff and sometimes make funny edits to the footage.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Achievement Hunter yo (& other RT people I guess? idk how they label their stuff half the time). I honestly am not in it for the games- I'm not really a gaming person. But I've watched like 70% of what AH has put out for the last eight months or so because I like the people. I like their interactions. I like the ridiculous things they do in-game and the conversations they have. I mean they don't do guides really, they do entertainment. And the diversity of things they do and amount of content they put out makes me disinterested in seeking out anything else because I'm not getting bored with these guys. And they inspired me to go get Minecraft and I'm so glad I have it now because I just really like building. :3

Admittedly, I don't always pay attention to what I watch. Like with Michael's Full Plays- I don't really care about the game and I'm not really that interested in hearing Michael talk to himself for an hour but I leave it on in the background. Anything I've already seen goes on in the background while I'm doing something else as well (as I type this there's some GTAV something-or-other playing because I've been letting the PS3 youtube app autoplay). The series I'll pay attention to every time though is Game Time, because backstory makes me happy.

idk I mean... I've seen some people say they don't do true Let's Plays because there's never really an actual runthrough of a game besides Full Plays. But can you really say that about the people who have the channel "Let's Play"?

TY

I really like (though its not a real Lets Player) Totalbiscuit when he did Terraria with Jesse Cox. It wasnt even about the game from the beginning cause both didnt took it too serious and it ended up hilarious.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • I don't religiously watch LPers, I like to come back to them if they're doing a series I'm interested in, and I spend a lot of my time watching Let's Plays. The ones that stick out the most in my mind are some that have been mentioned by others here too.

At the moment, PewDiePie is my most favorite LPer. His commentary's awesome, and the reactions that he makes are priceless. Generally, he's just very entertaining--he never fails to make me laugh. :] Another of my favorite would have to be Chuggaaconroy. Some people may not find his jokes to be the funniest, but... yeah, he's definitely an amazing LPer. Along with these two, I also like 2JoshJepson, 3NintendoCapriSun, 6AttackingTucans, and Achievement Hunter.

Chuggaconroy. I used to watch Lewis and Simon on the Yogscast a lot (their Shadow of Israphel series specifically) but it's been months and I just be bothered to go and check out their stuff and try to catch up. But Chugga is enjoyable and makes awesome comments and it's just nice to relax and see his videos sometimes. And he's partially the reason why I actually got Animal Crossing: New Leaf o o p s. But how he managed to pull off his AC: NL let's play was amazing okay. I really really enjoyed it and was actually sad to see the first half end haha. Overally though Chugga is the one LPer I go back to from time to time to watch more of his stuff since I haven't done so yet.

> Pewds and Chugga definitely! Heck, Chuggaaconroy is the reason I bought AC:NL! I forgot how much I love Animal Crossing.

> Attacking Tucans and Josh Jepson are amazing in their Versus Series. I loved their Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time runs, though they are pretty crude but once you get through that they're hilarious!

> TheSyndicateProject for his Minecraft and CodZombies runs. I think not counting VEVOs he's the #1 most subscribed UK'tuber.

> Yoteslaya was pretty cool when he was around. Another CODZombies player. Yes, I may have had a mild obsession with CodZombies. But RIP, Yote

>MrRoflWaffles. A CODZ player. Plus his name is so much fun to say!

>MrDalekJD. CODZ again..

> Cry (or ChaotikMonky or Cryaotic). Damn, that voice. His LP of CorpseParty was downright amazing. Seriously, if you like lets plays then why haven't you checked out Cry?

>My Poketubers include: Haydunn, HardyT3kYoyo, NateWantsToBattle (All the Yes. Seriously) and TheJWittz.

Yes, I spend a lot of time on YouTube, OK? But seriously, out of all of these I recommend Cry the most.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Aside from videos, I also enjoy reading Chorocojo's Pokemon LPs.
    This. My favourite - decent humour, and the drawings done (both by him and other readers) are great. (And besides, I like Pokémon. =p) There's a reason he is pretty much the only LPer allowed to do LPs of the main Pokémon games on SA, from my understanding.

Years
  • I don't really watch letsplayers as much as I used to, but the ones I come back to now and again are Chuggaaconroy, Ashhbear and SSoHPKC. Chuggaa has such bad jokes, but always generally has a good time, and makes things interesting. He's basically the reason I bought AC: NL. As for Ashhbearr I really enjoyed her heartgold run, and just enjoyed her enjoying the game. And SSoHPKC just has great sarcasm to offer to everything, yet acknowledges when something is seriously ad like The Last of Us. Occasionally I'll watch Pewdiepie, but only really when he does run throughs of horror games. He ends being too loud pretty quickly though. And while I'm not sure if this counts I sometimes enjoy watching Smoshgames. I don't like their main channel anymore, but Smoshgames tends to have good content, especially with Mari. She's quirky and funny, and it's just fun to watch her commentary. And when they all come together it's a lot of fun seeing them compete so they don't have to endure silly challenges.

Years
  • SSoHPKC is the only LPer I'm subscribed to nowadays. UberHaxorNova used to be great but I haven't seen his videos since February '13 since he stopped uploading anything I was interested in.. and all he makes now are videos with other LPers in 'em as well. That's cool and all but I've never been interested in the people he collabed with to make Let's Plays as I think he's a lot funnier on his own.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • I used to love lots until they went the minecraft route. Now the only ones I watch are GameGrumps

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I agree with everyone who said Chuggaconroy. Been watching his videos for a while, they're all great. For Pokemon, I usually watch superskarmory. I'm surprised no one's mentioned him yet but he makes his videos simple, helpful and entertaining. I also enjoy watching RoosterTeeth/Achievement Hunter. Particularly their ragequits with Michael and Gavin. I couldn't breathe during all of their Slender episode, it was just too good. XD

Don't really watch anyone else. Might be forgetting someone though. :/

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • I really only watch them if I'm stuck at a part or something. I watched Marriland's HG/SS Wedlocke Challenge and that was pretty cool.

My favorite Pokemon channel is the PikaWu, though.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • I don't really watch LPers anymore, but here are some I've watched in my past.
    I've watched: Pewdiepie, Chuggaaconroy, Game Grumps...uhh...UberHaxorNova! Can't forget..cobanermani456, and I think that's all I can remember. :)

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
    Years
  • Here's what I like. This includes:

• NakaTeleeli (Because he's a thing and he's pretty great. Also, he covers the Bonk games.)
    • Raocow (Hey there, everyone! It's non-sequitur strings of words to the rescue!)
    • Chuggaaconroy (The best Nintendo LPer. Seriously!)
    • MasaeAnela (An actual female LPer? You betcha!)
    • Cobanermani456 (He's got a pleasant personality and a STRONG RIGHT HAND.)
    • E-Lo (Mainly for his Wi-Fi shenanigans.)

Yukari

I honestly don't watch Let's plays very much, though I watch PewDiePie's videos on occasion.

TY

> Yoteslaya was pretty cool when he was around. Another CODZombies player. Yes, I may have had a mild obsession with CodZombies. But RIP, Yote

Loved his Borderlands video's, he helped me a lot with finding legendaries and good guns, he had also a great personality. Its a shame he had to pass out :(

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    My favourites are TBNRfrags (Minecraft/FPS games) and PewDiePie (general stuff)! Preston's a cutie and he's really funny to watch whilst he's playing, whereas PewDiePie is a lot more relatable and he makes the games seem very interesting whilst also keeping up the humour aspect. I've watched a lot of LPers in the past, mostly all from Minecraft, and in general as long as the recordings are funny then I don't overly mind who's doing them. I mainly just like watching them to see how the games can be played haha.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
  • My favourites are Achievement Hunter/Let's Play and Game Grumps/Steam Train. Achievement Hunter are my number 1 though. Every let's play they do always has multiple memorable and hilarious events, with Gavin's trophy room probably being the thing I've laughed at the most.

Honorable mentions include PBG's hardcore series, TheRunawayGuys and Versus.

Back