• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ohhhh Controllers

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I always found the PSP comfortable (analogue pad aside) as it its edges aren't entirely rounded and it doesn't have any protrusions. On that note, I'd've liked the 3DS to have the dimensions of the original DS (I got one long before the XL existed) and for the CCPro attachment to be thinner and less rounded at the back.

A pressure-sensitive keyboard would be the best thing ever, though.

Last edited:

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
  • I have only used Dualshock 3 so I can't choose that objectively =D
    But I also like Dualshock 4, it looks very interesting. But I haven't had a chance to try it.

I haven't used it, but XBox controller looks like crap... seriously, whose brilliant idea was to put D-Pad down where the stick should be?
    Ironically I've always been more of a Playstation guy and love the PS3 controller/controls, although I've always thought the XBOX 360 controller looked more sleek and modern than the DualShock 3, and I feel the same way even more so with the XBOX One controller vs the PS4 Dualshock 4. What exactly is the pad in the middle suppose to do? I haven't read/watched much about it yet.
    And the D-Pad is used excessively less than the joysticks in the majority of modern games except for pressing it quickly to switch things such as weapons so I think it's just fine where it is. Where would you like it to be?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Mmm, for me, it's definitely the Gamecube Controller and the Wii analog controller. Why? Well, I really like the feel of it; I think they are pretty easy to use, and utlize even during intense gameplay! I have to say, that hours of gameplay is quite dependent on the controller you use, after all, teehee.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • What exactly is the pad in the middle suppose to do? I haven't read/watched much about it yet.
    It's a touch pad. Probably PS4 games somehow uses the touch screen feature.

And the D-Pad is used excessively less than the joysticks in the majority of modern games except for pressing it quickly to switch things such as weapons so I think it's just fine where it is. Where would you like it to be?
    D-Pad should be where Dualshock's one is =)
    I just wouldn't be able to use controller stick if it was in up left part =D

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • I've been using the Playstation Dualshock style controllers for what seems like all my life..so, I've basically become one with it. xD Funny way of saying "I know nothing about controllers bar this one" :P

Like, if I used a Xbox controller, I'd fail awfully at playing, say, Need for Speed, on an Xbox 360, while on my PS3, I'd make easy work of the opposition...it's all about what you have, and how often you use it.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • Dualshock 4 here as well. Good grip, better triggers and I actually like the new analogue sticks as well. Second would be the PS Vita with the older Dualchocks being third. Never really liked the Xbox controllers, been too accustomed with the left stick being alongside the right one.

Yeah I'm kind of a Playstation fanboy aha

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • My favourite controller has to be the Gamecube controller. The shape makes it very comfortable for me to use, and the L and R buttons feel nice. That and after countless hours of playing Melee, the Gamecube controller layout is pretty much engraved into my brain.

Years
  • I like alot of controllers for diffrent reasons. I think the best overal controller is probally the gamecube, which has almost all the features I appreciate in a controller (asymetrical analog sticks, responsive buttons, and really snappy triggers.) The only thing I didn't like so much is the very small d-pad. It's the same fault I find in the 360 pad, which is otherwise also a very decent controller, perhaps the best ergonomic controller of he bunch. I've liked Duelshock 2 alot, but 3's triggers are really unsatisfying and almost uncomfortable. I can even say I really enjoy Wiimote and Nunchuck on certain games, because it's just super comfortable, you can pretty much have your hands where you want then, almost resting even.

I think my least favourite controllers is probally the original Nes, The design is just akward, and after long use, pretty uncomfortable. The dog-bone controller was better, but also harder to find.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • The GameCube controller was beautiful for exclusives and all, but I found that thing to be crap for multiplatform games.

But I actually have no preferred overall controller. In fact it all depends what I'm doing:

Racing: 360/Dreamcast
    2D Platforming: Classic Pro/PS4
    3D Platforming: 64/GC
    Console FPS: 360
    etc etc

Years
  • I know the N64 used to give me blisters on my palms because of those Mario Party mini-games, but they were fun nonetheless XD The Dualshock 3 controller is the one I'm most familiar with and fits my hand perfectly; I know some people complain the size, but I have small hands ;___; I've held the DS4 before and seems a tad bit large for my hands, but at least the joysticks now have padding around the edges so my thumbs won't slip off XD

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I feel like an odd one out since I have small hands and I don't like the Dualshock 3 at all. Yet I love the Wii U gamepad and 360 pad. Heh.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Haha the Nintendo 64 controller. Now that I look back at it, that controller was one of the most uncomfortable controllers ever invited. I like it though and I remember plugging my gameboy game into the back and playing Pokemon Red I think on Pokemon Stadium or something like that.

Also, I remember the Gamecube. I still use it today for certain games.

DeekBoy

Go Kick Rocks
    Years
  • That N64 controller blew my mind growing up, Truly loved that guy. Besides when the stick would get sloppy sadly.

Back