• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It was -HOW MUCH-?!

Years
  • I think it was about $120 on copy of Shenmue for the Dreamcast, especially since I already had a copy of it :3c. The reason for buying it twice was that the previously owned copy was an American import, so I couldn't carry over my save data to the European version I had of Shenmue II....

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • Hmm..still the purchase for my PS3 and a copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2...I think it was $424?

I'm not much of a spender..

Years
  • I think the only game I've ever bought that I personally felt was a bit overpriced was 50 bucks for Shin Megumi Tensei 4. Most 3DS titles of the time were 35-40, and It's probably the 3DS title I've played the least since purchase (I mainly just bought it for the $30 E-shop Promo at the time.)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I don't really spend much on a single game since I don't buy them immediately after release.
    The only game I actually bought that way was Time and Eternity which cost me about 70 bucks (converted).
    Other games cost me pretty average 30$ or so.

Years
  • Besides consoles, The Wind Waker HD bundle with the Ganondorf figurine was probably the most expensive game I've bought. Either that or Metroid Prime Trilogy... but I forget how much I paid for that. Around £50, maybe? I buy 3DS games a lot and they're £34.99 usually, so it wasn't ridiculously expensive.

Years
  • The most recent purchase I can remember is my 3DS + Theatrhythm + Pokemon X, which altogether was ~$220 and that was including a $50 gift card I received. I'm pretty sure I've spent more at once, particularly with buying our PlayStation consoles. Nowadays, I try not to spend more than $60 for a game, unless it's the limited/collector's edition.

Yukari

I don't spend that much on games, the most I've ever spent on a game is $30.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • It really depends if I can include cash shopping on games, or just the purchase of games.

Cash shopping within games... I have done 600+ in the space of 3 days... Yes its bad D:.

In terms of just buying games. I think it would be when I bought either final fantasy XIII-2 or Guild wars 2, both where collectors editions with the hard back guides. never used the guides but I like to have complete sets.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • It really depends if I can include cash shopping on games, or just the purchase of games.

Cash shopping within games... I have done 600+ in the space of 3 days... Yes its bad D:.

In terms of just buying games. I think it would be when I bought either final fantasy XIII-2 or Guild wars 2, both where collectors editions with the hard back guides. never used the guides but I like to have complete sets.

Send me some money plz?

Anyway, did some more bulk buys on games. Got a lot of games though for my growing collection.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • Speaking of ridiculous expenses, what do people think of the stuff about that NES game recently selling for ridiculous money?

Here is the link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25878678

One shop in Dublin, Ireland, is claiming they had that and sold it a year ago..
    It was -HOW MUCH-?!

Apparently the winning bid on that was close to 100,000, but the buyer has basically said his bid was fake.. The JWittz has a little bit about why it's bull in his latest Nintendo News Video... :)

https://youtu.be/tQ1KLfrCYtI go to 4:22 for the start of the NES cartridge thing :)

Back