• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It was -HOW MUCH-?!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    So, I'm curious, gang! What was the most that you've spent on a video game, or video game(s), all at once, or altogether? Was it worth it in the end, or was it necessary to enhance gaming experiences?

For example, maybe you've spend much on DLC on a console game, or maybe for PC game extras? Like gift cards and stuff. Or maybe you've bought a really expensive console game in general? What were your expenses, and on what were they towards?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    All-together, the most amount of money I've spent on video games would be… somewhere around $400, haha. It was four years ago, I think. I was buying myself a 360 console at that time, and about four to five games alongside.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    Besides the Wii U, the most I've spent on a game was the Skyward Sword limited edition pack. It was around $75, but it also came with a gold Wii Remote Plus, so it was worth it to me. Especially since I'm a huge Zelda fan. xD

Years
    Game consoles are getting mentioned here; I got my Wii for $249.99 in the summer of 2008. In terms of games, though, I don't think I've ever spent more than $50 at once, not including tax.

TY

Always around 30-60 with games, but i pumped a lot of money in the Borderlands 2 DLC's which are alltogether something like 120 euro's iirc xD

Years
    The going rate for new games is $60 unless its a collector's/limited editon. I bought the gears of war 3 collectors that came with a statue, book, cog tags, ect and that was $130 I think. If it's a series I love, I'll stretch to get the CE. The most I've spent in a used game is about $50+ and it was for the Metroid Prime Trilogy

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Back in September I paid about $120 for the Tales of Xillia Collector's Edition. (had to have that figurine) I've also bought some pretty expensive older games back when I was into collecting playstation RPGs. $88 for Tactics Ogre, $75 for Valkyrie Profile, and a few others as well. Imports are expensive, and I've purchases a lot of those too.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
    In October I spent €100 on a collection of Skylanders, separately then I spent €25 on a Scarlet Ninjini figure, I spent €28 on a Whamshell Figure, and that's not including all the other ones too. I think I've spent nearly €250 on my Skylanders, to literally play the game for about 10 hours and then set it aside.... Blah :/

I'm in the process of Spending €115 on a Nintendo 64 console with some great games included: Zelda Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time, Pokemon Stadium, Banjo Kazooie, Pilot Wings 64, Turok 2, Star Wars Episode 1 Racer, Extreme G 1 and 2, and Mace the Dark Age. The first 4 games in themselves are worth nearly €100 quid, never mind the others! ^^ So it sounds expensive but dammit, it's worth it :)

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    The most I spent of a video game was $85 on a used Gameboy Advance Sp and a used copy of Pokemon Sapphire back in December 2011. The SP was $60 dollar and the game was about $25-30. I also got a few used DS games that day and they were about 50-60 more dollars.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    $200. Spent it on a PS2 with three games. It was for my dad as a Christmas gift.

I will top that when I have enough money saved for a 3DS XL, and buy more games. I'm estimating about...$350-400 bucks in total lmao.

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years
    The most that I spent......a DS Lite, I guess. I believe it was around $120 or something (given this was around 6 or 7 years ago). Since then, I've never spent any money on a gaming console.

(let's hope someone didn't fork out $200 for Action 52...)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I think the last console game I got that was new at the time of purchase (so it was already expensive) was $60 for Final Fantasy 13-2. I've only been buying handhelds and old games since then really. Console wise though, I spent $200ish on my XY 3DS XL. I think that's the most though, cause when I got my 360, it had a price drop so it was like...idek it's been so long now, haha.

Speaking of which, and I know this thread is about expensive ones, but I just got Rachet and Clank, Ratchet: Deadlocked, and Jak III for $1.75 each. Wowza.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    I did a bulk buy for a lot of ds games a year ago, about $350.

And another lot a couple months ago, for $175.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
    I spent a metric crap ton of money on Rock Band DLC back when that was a thing....I had to have spent at least $80 on additional tracks.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Back in the day, when Guitar Hero: World Tour first came out my brother and I spent like $160 on the whole set with the instruments and the game. It was so overpriced, but was worth it imo. My friends and I had such a fun time with that game when we were younger.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I'm usually pretty thrifty, so no more than 50-60 dollars on a game.

Fire Emblem Awakening's the exception, though, I bought all that DLC SO hard. XD It was worth.

Back