• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Is anyone interested on playing, or getting Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII?

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

It's a sequel to Final Fantasy XIII-2, ending the storyline. It has enhanced graphics compared to the others, and you can also get costumes for the characters. it still has it's action-oriented battle system, and it has various sidequests and plot-lines within a time limit. Well, that being said,a gain, are you interested in the game, and do you plan on getting it, or play it? If so, what about this game interests you? If not, why not? Feel free to share all thoughts!

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Nope. Nope. I'm confidently saying that I won't be getting this game. FFXIII was not a good game to me, while FFXIII-2 was better and fixed a lot of problems XIII had, but even then it still was only marginally better.

The reception I've been hearing about LR hasn't been particularly favourable as well. The battle system is very solid and pretty fun apparently which is nice to hear, but any concept of a leveling system has become non-existent due to all stat increases coming from quests now. It doesn't help that a lot of these quests are essentially fetch quests. Also, since there is no actual levelling system, killing monsters only grant you items and nothing else.

And last of all, that ending. SPOILERS.
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I'll probably get the game later in the year. It's not an absolute must-have at the moment and there's a few other games that I'm looking forward to and have more priority in comparison to Lightning Returns. The only reason why I'm planning to get that game is because FFXV is not coming out anytime soon and I haven't played an FF game in a while D:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'll get it sometime. It can't be that bad, or at least for me anyway, since I didn't have a burning hatred of XIII-1 like most others did. I stayed away from XIII-2 (despite the fact that lots of people felt it was better than XIII-1) because it gave me bad ToS: Dawn of the New World vibes. But I'd like to see how it all ends, even though its not the best FF ever and I skipped XIII-2.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I won't be getting this one instantly, I got both the previous ones as collectors editions and they let me down, they weren't bad games and were enjoyable but the story side of it I felt was poor, I enjoyed the gameplay of them with the different switches but then X-2 I didn't enjoy having the extra pet like thing that was with us, I would rather have a better party than the pet/monster thing.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • God yes I loved FF 12 and so far 13 has been great too. Can't say such nice things about FF pre 12 but so happy with this new game. The demo made cry for joy.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I liked XIII, but XIII-2 stomped on my heart. I wasn't even interested in buying this game to see how the story would end; I borrowed the sequel from a friend and finished it. Oh ho ho, that ending. At the very least, I'll watch a playthrough of Lightning Returns to see how the story finally ends.

PMG

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    I'm getting this game. Maybe not right away, but I'm some point I'm getting it.
    I've played the previous two games. After the ending to XIII-2 I kind of feel like I have to play this next game just to finish the whole story. I honestly don't expect this to be a great game plot-wise. However the XIII series is usually solid enough on gameplay to make it playable. Plus I'm sure the music will be beautiful as per usual.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I just finished the (disappointly short) demo and I love the new combat. Very fluid, a lot less boring than both of it's predecessors. The demo didn't really explain much of the battle/combat features though - I wanted a bit more of a challenge.

For example, there was one normal battle where there are two enemies. It didn't really tell me how to attack them, use AOE attacks (Blitz?) etc.

I'm also not sure if I'm glad to see STAGGERing back :P but Lightning has some new funky skills that might make it a bit easier.

Back