• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC, Console, or Handheld?

What kind of gamer are you?

• Pc

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Console

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Both

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
  • It depends on the game really.

For RTS and FPS games then it's PC all the way! I can't imagine playing these without a mouse and keyboard. Besides, everyone knows FPS games are just so much easier to play on the comp. :D

When it comes to just about any other genre of video game (except The Sims of course), I prefer the console version.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Handhelds, they have always been my favorite. I love how I can start a game at home and play it while I'm traveling or where I am. Handhelds are so convenient, and there are so many good games to play. Handhelds < Console < PC.

Years
  • I play all 3, but I prefer console over the others. PC would be my main choice if not for the fact that I play games on a Macbook ;___; I shall be building my PC soon! Handhelds can be straining on the hand since they're small. Console controllers are my favourite because they feel the most comfortable to play games with.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I prefer, and will always chose, consoles. I grew up with them and have always loved them. Of corse I grew up with handhelds too, but I always came back to consoles.

Years
  • I'm primarily a PC gamer (as you can see by my game library in the Game Collection thread), but I play on my consoles only slightly less often than I play on my PC, and I play on my handheld systems about as often as I play on my consoles. My bias is toward PC because it executes most of my preferred genres better (RTS, 4X, and simulation), but consoles tend to be what sports game interfaces are designed for, and I play those for the team management modes, so my consoles get a fair bit of use when I'm playing one of those modes.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • As much as I like playing all three, I prefer the following in order:

PC first because it is what I had gotten used to ever since my first game, I don't know why, but if anything I prefer PC overall.

Handheld comes next because I prefer using it when I am feeling lazy and would prefer to just lie down and play games all until midnight.

Console comes last because as much as I am a fast learner in controls it just makes me very uncomfortable when I use it and I honestly have no good reason for answering this.

But I would like to keep it as diverse as possible because I am not a picky gamer at all, even if the game I want isn't on my preferred platform I would learn to use it just for the game, I don't really care if the console sucks because it just does, for me it will always be about the gaming and the experience, and nothing will ever change that.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • I've usually played consoles and handhelds over computer since I simply find the games on them more appealing to me. Most PC games are FPS games which I don't enjoy nearly as much as a RPG or Adventure game, although those get a fair share of PC games as well. I do have a few PC Games in my library, but not nearly as much as my console and handheld games.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
  • I've usually played consoles and handhelds over computer since I simply find the games on them more appealing to me. Most PC games are FPS games which I don't enjoy nearly as much as a RPG or Adventure game, although those get a fair share of PC games as well. I do have a few PC Games in my library, but not nearly as much as my console and handheld games.
    "Most PC games are FPS games" is not an accurate statement...
    In fact if you look at Steam you will find a lot of RPG, RTS, and simulation games. Those are 3 genres, especially the last two that have been known to shine on PC. It has its fair share of FPS games as well and some are pretty good, although they are generally playable on multiple systems. A lot of the PC games however, especially in the 3 genres I listed, are exclusive.

Shadowraze

ur mum
    Years
  • PC Hands down just as long as my PC has great specs for gaming or else I'll stick with consoles. :3
    If you're using a pc almost everything can be done you can use a controller and such. FPS games are much better played in Computers than in consoles and for driving games you can just stick out your controller and use and n problem at all.
    Other than gaming you can also do a lot more things in a computer like listen to music, watch movies, browse, work on documents, etc.
    So PC ftw!

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years
  • A bit of everything. I enjoy games on the PC for the modding community. I prefer consoles overall because I hate using a mouse and keyboard for FPS/Action/Adventure/RPG games. Then of course, the handheld for when I'm out and about and I know I'll have time to kill wherever I'm going.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • Consoles. Most games i play are not even on PC so why bother

Nakala Pri

Console, because computer gaming is just so frustrating.

You have to have your sweaty hand on the mouse and keep clicking and smash in keys and throughout it all you're wondering if the computer can handle it and it turns out it doesn't and can't and then something happens and the DISC MELTS!! ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`▭´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

Years
  • Console, because computer gaming is just so frustrating.

You have to have your sweaty hand on the mouse and keep clicking and smash in keys and throughout it all you're wondering if the computer can handle it and it turns out it doesn't and can't and then something happens and the DISC MELTS!! ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`▭´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

That's what happens when you use a crappy computer! :P

It's also what happens when you game on any system in hot climates with hot weather, but that's beside the point.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
  • Saying you prefer console gaming because your PC can't handle games is a valid point, although that's not the systems fault. A lot of people are able to afford a decent TV and an HDMI cord for their consoles, but if those same people were able to also afford a top of the line gaming computer, I wonder if some of their opinions would change.

I've never been able to choose one or the other because they all have their place. Certain genres are significantly better on consoles (Action/Adventure, fighting, platformer, sports, and racing) while some are much better on PC (RPG, RTS, and simulation). As far as FPS games go, I believe they are great on both depending on the game. 3rd person games of any genre seem to play better on console though. The only handhelds I play are Nintendo ones for Pokemon obviously and casual games on my iPod Touch.

LuminescentUmbreon

Eeveelution Trainer
    Years
  • Consoles for me. I like having a system where it will last a good 5-7 years before its successor is released, so I know there will be a good stream of content for a while. I don't mind that the graphics aren't as impressive as a PC, the thing I love is the simplicity that a console brings without having to tweak this or update that (i.e. drivers) in order to get a game to run.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
  • I beg to differ.
    Consoles (especially Sony ones) are meant for RPGs.
    Why do you think RPG games are better on PC?
    Unless you use a controller/joystick, you don't even have 360° movement on PC.
    True, but choosing dialogue, outfitting characters, and selecting different things in general seems better with a mouse and keyboard. I like to be able to click something with my mouse when my character isn't even close or looking directly at it. I agree that you have more control over the actual movement of characters with a controller on a console, but things are more similar if they are first person. You can turn about and move very quickly on PC once you get the hang of it. Like I said before though, in my opinion third person games that are in real time where you play as an individual character are always better on console. Do you agree with RTS and simulation though?

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I grew up with mainly handhelds, so I have an extreme bias to handhelds as my preferred way to play games. PC gaming is my second, due to me actually having a great computer to handle most, if not all current games on max settings. That and Steam sales or GOG sales usually give me incentive to play more on my PC. Console gaming is the last, but it's not dead last. I still enjoy console gaming, it definitely has it's perks to if I just want to sit on the couch and relax.

tl;dr handheld gaming is god.

Back