• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games that -broke- you

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
  • The entire Kingdom Hearts series, besides Chain and Days, got me attached emotionally. Most of it was a good series and had a lot of awesome moments. xD

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Playing the game The Last Story for Wii was actually a really emotional experience, because the main characters had quite a lot of depth toward their personality, and the way they portrayed that gave me all kinds of feelings throughout the game, like sorrow, pity, regret etc.

What more can you expect from Square Enix? :D

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • Elite Beat Agents - You're the Inspiration.

you're the meaning in my life
    you're the inspiratiooon

Oh my god, this part of this game made me cry a bit...never knew you could get that much emotion in a rhythm game :'s

anyway, I emotionally got involved with Michael's story in Grand Theft Auto V..I don't know why, but most of it sounded like stuff you'd see in the real world to me..at least, most. Not the bank robbery stuff, but the other things.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The Last of Us! My boyfriend and I tandem played that game and clung to the story with wide eyes. The game is like a movie, but I was much happier playing it than watching it. It's so living, even if it's about undead people :p Just, amazing.

Also Little Big Adventure, haha, because for such a cartooney game, the stort was unexpectedly broad and deep and twisting and the environments still today make me go wow and it actually took me years to finish that damn thing because I was learning English by playing it and got stuck all the time xD

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • For me, it would be pokemon. I've played it for so many years that I really get into it more and more. I also really get into the Final Fantasy games too. I could play those two for hours on end trying to grind and level up my characters just to beat the next level. I just get into them so much that I feel like I'm part of them, and I am the main character.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • The Last of Us, it just, no. I really think that the choice Joel made at the end was probably the same thing I would have done, but at the same time I know it wasn't exactly correct.

Beyond: Two souls. I really don't understand why I cried at this, probably because it just seems so familiar and at the same time relatable for me. sigh.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • I'd have to say Chrono Trigger my first time playing through it. I would sometimes play for hours on end without realizing it and every part meant to shock or surprise me did so!
    Spoiler:

The characters all had touching back-stories (even the robot) and I felt like I could connect with them. In this case, this game matches your description of "break" perfectly.

Shadowraze

ur mum
    Years
  • The Walking Dead Season One:

Don't be fooled by it just because, it's an episodic adventure game with comic like graphics saying that it's a crappy game which is NOT! The game focuses on the emotion that would be dealt to the player rather than having another FPS zombie shooting game.
    Spoiler:

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
    Years
  • For me, it would definitely be the Mass Effect Trilogy. After hours and hours of gameplay spanning the three games, dozens of amazingly well-written characters that I will remember forever, and all the thrilling, heartwarming, entertaining, suspenseful, feel-good moments that occur in this trilogy, it is absolutely the game that -broke- me. let's just ignore all the controversy with the ending lol

Years
  • Crisis Core was really emotional for me because of the ending and the background music only made it more depressing ;___; If anyone has played it, they will know what I'm referring to. Other than that, other games will make me rage-quit, especially FPS...

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    For me, it would have to be Assassin's Creed II. The plot was amazing; I was extremely into it. Part that made me feel most emotional would have to be the beginning, when Ezio's family members got executed. All AC games are great in-general, but II stands out to me the most. :p

Same here. I was going to say something similar, after the early events in the game I got really into it. ACII's my second favorite close to Brotherhood.

Super Smash Bros. series. I would get into the games so much because there were always friends who would try to beat me. I'm always the victor ofc. ;)

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
    Years
  • Halo 3. Seeing what was meant to be the end of Master Chief's journey. Playing through the first two Halo's made the experience even more bittersweet. I think Halo has some of the most beautiful music out of any game I've ever played. Sometimes the soundtrack alone is enough to make me emotional.

^This, through and through. Marty's pieces were very, very emotional, and that's why I liked it.

But what really hit me the hardest was Halo Reach. Knowing how the series was supposed to end, the knowledge of what could have happened in the end if it had gone a different way. It struck me hard.

But also Halo 4 has some emotional investment into it as well. Especially with the knowledge of Halo 3 going in to it, how it was supposed to be the end of the series, but here the conflict rises again, and the main character has to save the world from something much bigger than before.

There is also Gears of War 3, but I've talked too much :P . Or certain scenes from Battlefield 3.

Back