• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saddest Gaming Moment?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Saddest Gaming Moment?

What are the saddest moments of video gaming that you've experienced? What happened that made you feel upset by what has happened?

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • Simon 'Ghost' Riley's death in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

I was sad because despite Ghosts lippy demeanor he truly cared for his fellow soldiers and for the well being of the world, not just England, his home country.

An example is his determination to save soldiers in need is displayed when he carried Roach across to safety after he (Roach) was hut by mortar fire.

So when...
    Spoiler:

Another moment was in Halo: Reach...

Spoiler:

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Oersted's whole life in Live A Live. Seriously, this guy could not catch a break.

Spoiler:

tl;dr Oersted sees all of his friends die, he's branded evil, his friend betrays him, and his fiancee didn't even love him.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • The poor Goombas in Mario :(. How could you squish a defenseless little thing for a Princess that friend zoned you years before :(

TY

I´ve had a few sad moments in video games:

StarCraft: Brood War
    Spoiler:

will add more soon :3

Years
  • There are three moments I can think of... two from the same series. I'll put 'em in spoilers so I don't spoil anything.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
    Spoiler:

Professor Layton and the Lost Future
    Spoiler:

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (mega spoilers ahead!)
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Crisis Core! D: Was really glad I played this game before I somehow lost my PSP charger...

Spoiler:

Takumi.

Heart of a Clockwork Child
    Years
  • Final fantasy X :(

Spoiler:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I'm going to agree with Takumi on this one, the ending to FFX was the one that had the most impact to me, just a totally sad ending all around.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Saddest moment... I'd have to say

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
    Spoiler:

Phoenix Wright games
    Spoiler:

As an addition:

Saddest moment in the real world, but is a part of gaming:

Been playing for hours now, just about to save, right when I hit save... CRASH, TURN OFF, FREEZE, any of those are good enough to make my eye twitch a bit and then almost throw my system down.

pokemaster9901

gimme some tacos
    Years
  • Crisis Core! D: Was really glad I played this game before I somehow lost my PSP charger...

Spoiler:

I LOVED this game! I beat it,->but my PSP broke. <- worst moment ever

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I think I should mention exactly why EBA's "A Christmas Gift" (You're the Inspiration) sits so well with me.

It's that it's believable. That's really all about it. The situation that happened, the other character's reaction to it - it's all realistic. And that makes it all the more powerful. There's no end of the world, no apocalypse, no life-or-death situation, it happened on a normal, every day life. And then Lucy's failure of actually grasping what exactly happened, coupled with her mom's emotional state, it's all realistically depressing. The subtlety of it, leaving the player to interpret what happens, holds it together. And the sweet ending, oh god, it might throw away the realism I spoke of for brief seconds, but it's still left to the player interpretation of the whole thing and the way it was done really packs a punch. Seriously haven't seen a single person who didn't react strongly to it.

And that's not taking into consideration the song itself and the agents. Normally the game is so whacky and fast paced, with songs that just pump you up to the rhythm with the agents having some wicked dances. This one is an exception, and completely unexpected. The song is slow and sweet, and the agents, instead of normally dancing, they just stand, wave their arm slowly (as encouragement) and hold the microphone close as if they're singing, which is actually rare. This actually makes it a lot more powerful. Hell even the Divas, where contrary to Agents having unique dances, have the same exact dance routine for every song but make it an exception in this one song and do the same as the agents. The fact Commander Khan didn't say his usual catchphrase before the start of the song (Agents are GO!) in this particular one also holds. This level of detail is amazing.

Personally as well, I'm not a father, but I have a little sister and many little cousins who I tend to care of, being in a big family and all. I completely sympathized with what happened.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Assassin's Creed II
    Spoiler:

Gears of War 3
    Spoiler:

Back