• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sims *slaps with a Trout*

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • The Sims *slaps with a Trout*

In my effort to find more about the Sims, I'd like to make a Sims topic, for you to share all your experiences while playing one of the Sims games! So, what are your favourite Sims to play? What were your experiences with the game? What do you like/dislike about Sims in general? Feel free to share all thoughts!

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    I have all the dlc for sims 3 and its my guilty pleasure of gaming. I really love making famous people like batman with mansions and filling rooms with pinball machines. I dislike the loading times that come with it but its worth it. I also enjoy the feeling of watching your peoples climb the ladder in jobs in a matter of a few weeks.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    That looks like my collection!

Spoiler:

Though I also have the Holiday Stuff pack. I just don't install it because my Sims don't celebrate holidays. :(

The Sims. Oh man. I started way back when the first Sims was released. The idea of playing God with my own collection of little pixelated people appealed to me. I sank so many hours in that game, playing a family as far as I could before things got a little too easy. It was always the same thing: start with a single sim, get to the top of career ladder, get married, have children, stop playing because what else can I do? With the first Sims, I didn't get any expansion packs until Unleashed because I like animals and the idea of giving pixelated people their own pixelated pets.

Then my game got glitched in 2006 and wouldn't save. I stopped playing the Sims, but since I was having such a fun time, I wanted to try again. But would I go with the Sims 1 or change to the Sims 2? After weeks of research, I made my decision, and I bought the Sims 2 Deluxe, which has the base game and the Nightlife expansion pack.

My life was never the same.

I used to play the Sims 2 all the time. When I first started out, I didn't know what I was doing because my only experience with the game came from reading stories that people did online with their own sims. So the only family I recognized was the Broke family because my favorite legacy online used that family. I played them a little bit until Beau grew into an adult, but something was missing from the game.

My own sims. Which I created in 2008 and still have to this day. Andy and Angel have been the "guinea pigs" for various different ideas I wanted to play through. They've gone through a legacy challenge, they survived the apocalypse, they've built a city. They've just made the game fun through the years with their eleven (!!) children, and are who I miss the most since I've upgraded to Windows 8 and can't play TS2 anymore.

The best time that I had playing the Sims 2 was building my own city almost completely from scratch. I laid down every decoration, built nearly every house from scratch, and populated it with sims I downloaded or created myself. The city is named Polonius, and is mostly populated by Andy and Angel's children and grandchildren. This was the last neighborhood I played before upgrading. I'm hoping to come back to it very soon, this time rebuilding everything from scratch. No downloaded sims or houses. No preinstalled townies. Everything is going to be done by me. It's a project I'm really looking forward to.

I haven't played TS3 because I don't like the way the sims look. I was thinking of getting TS4 when it comes out, but I couldn't justify buying a dozen expansion packs again when I still have TS2 to play. I know at some point I have to upgrade, but let me hold onto TS2 for as long as I can.

What I do really miss is the great online community that built up around TS2. It was my favorite fandom for years, reading other people's stories and seeing all the custom content that was created. But TS3 kind of killed that great community, and now the places I used to go are filled with drama and it's not fun anymore.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I was never much into Sims, except I played the online Sims game when I was younger. I think it was some form of Sims 2 on the PC; I enjoyed making new people. Also, being young I enjoyed seeing the relationships that were happening. I'm not interested in The Sims series anymore however, I find the game boring.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I haven't played much of The Sims, but I'd say that the first game is my favourite. :3

I have the complete expansion pack for that game on my computer still, and play it from time to time when I'm feeling creative and want to make a sweet mansion. <3 Or lock family members in a fence and make them slowly DIE! >:D

I haven't played The Sims 2 though most people say it's the best, especially with all those mods.

The Sims 3 had it's ups and downs. I really didn't like the way you could generate random textures for your furniture because I would spends hours trying to find the right one. xD Designing rooftops was also a pain in my opinion. I did like the choices of furniture, wallpapers etc., but my problem is with too much choice.

I did make some snazzy houses in that game though. :D

Also, is anyone excited for The Sims 4? I know I am! What seems most appealing is the new animations, and the idea of your sims not getting stuck between others or furniture looks promising! I hear some people think the game is too "cartoony" but I really like that aspect of it.

The Sims *slaps with a Trout*

Just think of the sims you could make in that game with mods. ;D

Years
  • The Sims never really did anything for me. I tried playing the Sims 3 a while back when I got it in the humble bundle but I didn't really see the appeal. To me it was just a boring life simulator. I might try to play it again, but I don't think it's worth downloading it though.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • The Sims has always been a guilty pleasure of mine, since the very first game came out.

I've currently got Sims3 with several expansions that I play from time to time. My favourite by far is the Pets expansion because it lets me have horses (finally!). It's a great way to get my equine fix.

I'm really looking forward to the Sims4 release later this year! I find it hard to believe that it's been almost 5 years since Sims3 was released.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    :D The Sims 2 was my life for like 6 years.

Let's find some pics!

Spoiler:

I'll post more if people want ><. I used to be part of The Sims 2 Community (which was joined to Mod The Sims 2) a hugeeee website. That was where I first got in to roleplaying and met my first online friends :) Lots of good memories for me.

Sadly, I know longer play. Sims 3 ruined it for me, as most of my Sims 2 beauties could not be remade in Sims 3 without looking like puffy doughballs.

Back