• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most memorable gaming moments

TY

What are your most memorable moments in video games? If they are bad or good or just silly, feel free to list them all :3

Thanks to machomuu for the idea i stole :P

Years
  • Most recently? Hitting a Graveler with a full-powered Dark Pulse, sending him into sturdy mode - but flinching him anyways. He can use Self-Destruct another day, oh wait, he's dead fainted :)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • A while back, when i was raiding with my old guild, we were fighting a raid boss for the first time and obviously we wiped since it was the first time BUT my priest hit a glitch where I turned into the guardian angel and I stayed as a guardian angel but I can also use damaging spells and not only healing. So the raid boss was still targeting me but couldn't hit me, so I used my damagin spells for over 5 minutes and I finally downed him. That was my best moment in gaming and in WoW also xD

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years
  • StarCraft II - Taking down a team of two with only roaches. They literally went 'wtf' after they failed to kill a single roach.

Years
  • In Fire Emblem: Awakening, I'm sometimes attacked by enemy characters that have terrible hit accuracy. For example, an enemy would have 11 percent accuracy and I still get hit! This also goes for critical hit accuracy. An enemy would have 2 percent and bam! A powerful attack. It's things like this that can turn the tide of battle.

TY

In StarCraft II i got a 110-kill Oracle once. It was hilarious seeing my opponents trying to kill it but i ran away quickly once the anti-air came. They never bothered to make air to kill it the entire game x3

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I guess I'll put some most recent one...
    While playing Ni no Kuni, I was down to the last party member and I wanted to defend and I pressed wrong button... =D
    Obviously I got KO'd... Damn buttons :/

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years
  • Here's a Dark Souls one which happened today.

I'm messing around with a challenge build which is as follows:
    Spoiler:

Essentially this build means I will most likely die if I get hit a single time. With no shield it means that I have to parry rather than block [which is significantly harder to time, as you can only do it at the exact moment the enemy's attack is going to hit you.]

So there I was, running around, punching monsters to death left right and center when I head the ominous noise signalling that I have been invaded. Somewhere, there is a fully geared out player running around my world with the sole purpose of carefully removing my limbs from my body.

After some cautious scouting, we both manage to spot each other at roughly the same time. The opponent is decked out in various pieces of heavy armour, and wielding one of the biggest weapons in the game, complete with insane damage output that would certainly reduce me to little more than a dusty stain on the ground if he so much as tickled me with it.

The invader noticing that I was completely unarmoured started sprinting towards me.We circled for a few seconds and he swung his gigantic hammer-of-certain-death at me. What did I do?
    I parried it.
    Yup, with nothing but my bare arm, I parried a gigantic hammer and riposted by planting my scrawny little fist in the center of his face, instant killing him.
    I don't know who was more shocked, me or the invader but after a minute I recieved a PM from him saying simply 'Wow.'

F'ing Dark Souls, man.

[Images!]
    I used one of my NG+ characters to take these screenshots as it has all the right gear.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Has to be when gaining the ship in Dragon Quest 8. One of the few times in a JRPG that going out into the world just felt so overwhelming, so total in its realization of not having a goal. Dhoulmagus is out there, somewhere, and we gotta find him.

Years
  • One that comes to mind happened to me in World of Warcraft. After camping Aeonaxx (one of the rarest dragons in WoW) for weeks, my friend came across it while gathering items for herbalism, and I flew out to fight him. The fight, while pretty easy, is very intense, especially for a person who is weak of heart like myself, haha.

Another that comes to mind is doing Spec Ops on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare with my buddy. The one where you're infiltrating the building, and you plant stickies on the doors, and do the slow motion killing people while saving hostages. A juggernaut was climbing up the ladder, and I had to only try quickscoping him as a last ditch effort. He FLEW across the map. Funny moment.

Which then reminds me of MW2 in general. Hopping into lobbies with friends, from after school to pretty much bedtime. We did it all, and had a blast doing it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I should add some older ones as well=)

Persona 3 Portable: when I was eagerly waiting for midnight in the real world and go to Tartarus to synchronize P3P and real time =D
    And obviously ending. =)

999: 9 Hours 9 Doors 9 Persons: me and my friend trying to find a escape way through door 1 while being on lecture =D And we simply couldn't find the right combinations 'till I said "hey, why don't we pour ink there?" =D

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward: the whole playthrough. The whole 6 days I spent playing almost without stopping even through every lecture I had to visit =D I woke up, went to uni a started playing until I went to sleep =D

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I'll always remember my first Smash Bros tournament back in 2008. It was thedayo f the release with a Gamestop store crowded with video game nerds. I'll always remember in the quarter finals, I was Samus and this older guy was Pikachu. We were in Sudden Death and he was about to kill me with thunderbolt, when I released Samus beam on him and KO'd him for the win. Everyone in the store freaked out. I was just a kind in 6th. grade at the time, I was shaking from nerves. xp

That's why I love gaming tournaments, because of the hype! Also, playing Halo 3 my first rated M game. My friend and I beat the game one day after pulling an all nighter.

Years
  • Crisis Core's ending D: It's memorable because it was the first game I ever finished completely (all other games were quickly forgotten after playing them for like 5 minutes XD)! Also, I was really interested in the previous events that led to FFVII so Crisis Core definitely gave some insight into that and having Zack as a protagonist instead of Cloud was surprisingly pleasant. I learned to love him and his character so the ending was tragic for me ):

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • My first ever pentakill in league of legends would have to be mine. The feeling of getting a penta is just amazing and I won't ever forget it. Was playing as Miss Fortune hit a perfect ult that got me a quadra then chased down their final surviving member for quite a long distance and got me a pentakill :P, gotten plenty since but that was my favourite.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Had a lot of memorable moments, but the most recent would be when I got 26 kills in one deathmatch in Call of Duty: Ghosts. Was pretty exciting for me; it's been a while since I got this many kills in CoD. xD"

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • Most memorable gaming moments

This spell card is one I worked hard on one day to capture. Land Sign "Three Sacred Treasures" -Mirror-. A spell card captured on the hard difficulty, and a fun one at that ^_^ Loved my reaction when I beat it without dying~

Another achievement for me would be my first nuke in MW2 - Got it with the AK-47 - a rather underrated gun back then. I liked the AK a lot in MW2, and used it to get a nuke on Highrise with it.

Back