• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] PokéLINK [OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Mondays must have got the best of you all :)

This part of the roleplay, btw, is not intended to take long. At most I think I'll keep it up for one week (/a few days over) as it is essentially your 'roleplay sample' of a sign-up :P pre-kidnap, and all that jazz.

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
Years
If there's ever a chance for me to jump in let me know will ya kindly. Just found this recently and was disappointed to find chance to get in was pretty much closed, ya know. Oh well back to the drawing board for now.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Haha yeah, darn mondays. I have to finish a presentation for tomorrow so I've been a bit too busy with that for being able to write a RP post. Don't worry tho!

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Sorry, there's a problem with my Internet and I think it'll take me a couple of days to fix. I'll try working on a post as soon as it's fixed.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I wasn't at home until last night x.x and I was too tired to write up anything. Now I gotta catch up on cooking and housework before heading out for work .-.
I'll most likely have a post ready tomorrow, before work tho ^^

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Hope that you guys enjoyed my post btw! Admittedly, I'm still sorta... rusty? XD
But still! It'll improve over time. :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I enjoyed your posts guys! :3 Gives me inspiration for my own.

Also, Peter, could we get a link to the IC thread from the first OOC post? Helps when you want to skip between them quickly without clicking through two indexes.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
I'm aaaalmost done with my post! I'm up to where Rosie puts on the visor, but I want to add in her reaction to being in Pallet before I put it up. Should take me no more than a few hours.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Sooo post #2 is up sorry if i'm posting too often XD but i wanted to get this done so I wouldn't fall behind when I'm busy on the weekends and what not :3

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
If it makes you feel better, there's only probably three days a week where I can guarantee activity. And I'm still working on my first post. X]

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'll be heavily busy over the rest of the week. Like, probably hardly online at all. Lots of school work and a certain festival of sorts to go to. Heads up.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I'm glad to see so many posts already :3 I'll update the IC thread tomorrow with some colour co-ordination to work out who has done what so far.

Also, sorry Ducklighter, but I'm going to open up the final spot. I'll put a deadline of Friday - if a few people have sign-ups by the time I check I'm afraid I'll have to pick and choose.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Since there's a space left, can I reserve it for my SU? I'm working on it as I speak.

EDIT: I have a finished SU for your consideration.

Name: Jerrod Parker

Favorite Computer Game: Diablo 3

Color: Gray

Appearance: Jerrod stands at 6' 3" tall and has a normal build for a man his age. He has long black hair, usually pulled back in a ponytail, and piercing blue eyes hidden behind a pair of eyeglasses with black frames. He has a necklace with a die-cast ornament of the Skyrim logo hanging from it. His attire usually consists of a gray sleeveless shirt, black cargo pants, and black boots. He also wears a chain wallet, the chain fastened to his right side.

Personality: Jerrod is one who always listens to his emotions rather than his mind. He goes out of his way a lot to help others in need, no matter the situation. He usually keeps quiet in groups and doesn't talk to others until someone speaks to him. He thinks of himself as a pretty smart guy, but he tries not to get overly confident. Life always taught him that for every good gamer in the world, there's at least one who is just as good or better. He gets attracted to girls easily, falling in love at the drop of a hat. This trait has gotten himself into trouble at times, but he always found a way out of it.

Jerrod is fixated on playing games, spending on average 6-7 hours a day playing. He always believes in fair play and despises those who decide to cheat the system rather than earn things the hard way. He takes pride in what he does in his games because he earns achievements and other things legitimately due to his skill and not because of a code or mod. If you were to ask him why he plays so much, he'd simply shrug and say that games are a release from the rigors of everyday life and that people need to escape now and then. He'd never tell anyone the real reason, which is explained below.

History: Jerrod was raised for the first few years of his life by his parents and were wonderful years by today's standards. However, his parents were involved with some unsavory people who were not above eliminating others if it was needed. Summarily his parents were framed, accused of a murder they did not commit, and were sent to prison. Jerrod, needing a new home to live in, was sent to stay with his grandmother, a grey-haired heavyset woman who liked to throw more chores to do at him so she could spend most of the day watching television. High school was no better, as everyone would go out of their way to ignore him. No one, not even the teachers, would speak to him thanks to them finding out about his parents' ordeal. He felt utterly and completely alone, even having suicidal thoughts at times, but he refused to do it. He figured it'd be much more fun to see the looks on people's faces when it turns out that he was a success after all. With that outlook on life, Jerrod felt reborn.

It was during that time that he overheard someone in his high school english class talk about this computer game called Diablo. He decided to give it a try and he was hooked on it ever since. He even took the game to play at home, which he did between chores and when his grandmother would go to sleep. He was hooked and soon started playing other games, amassing a small game collection that he was quite proud of. Everything seemed to be going well until his grandmother got mad at him for not doing as good of a job around the house as before. She waited until he was in school and destroyed his games, throwing them away before he got home. He was devastated to say the least. He almost felt completely deflated, but kept going, knowing that a good scholarship was the only thing keeping him from fleeing this nightmare. He worked himself harder than ever, earning a full scholarship to a prestigious international university. He was even able to get a dorm and a few furnishings, including a brand-new computer. Though his grandmother didn't want him to leave her, Jerrod took the initiative and went to his new surroundings.

At the university, it seemed like his life was going back on track. He was still an outcast here, but it was here that he felt more in control of his life. He still spent a lot of time playing games (and rebuilding his collection), but he worked just as hard on his schoolwork. It was during this resurgence of determination that he saw a flyer advertising for beta testers for a new game being worked on. Jerrod smiled as he thought about what a thrill it'd be to actually play a game and help with its completion. Without hesitation, Jerrod ripped the flyer from the wall and headed to where the interviews were for this.

Last edited:

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Sooo when does this section end/the story moves on?

Just want to get an idea on how much more posting i need to do for this section

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I envision it'll end sometime at the weekend, if everyone is OK with that and can post by then :3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back