• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M0ZEPH

Formally 'Resultz' - Returned!
Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Is there a way to make it so a Trainer will only 'See' you if a certain flag is active?

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    #org 0x8167264
    '-----------------------------------
    lockall
    pause 0x69
    setdooropened 0xB 0x6
    doorchange
    special CAMERA_START
    reappear 0x1
    applymovement 0x1 0x8167346 ' run_down end
    applymovement PLAYER 0x8167337 ' look_right raw_4C wa...
    pauseevent 0x0
    setdoorclosed 0xB 0x6
    doorchange
    applymovement PLAYER 0x816731B ' pause_long pause_sho...
    applymovement 0x1 0x816733E ' run_down run_down ru...
    pauseevent 0x0
    pause 0x64
    setdooropened 0xB 0x6
    doorchange
    reappear 0x2
    applymovement 0x2 0x816735D ' walk_down end
    pauseevent 0x0
    setdoorclosed 0xB 0x6
    doorchange
    pause 0xA0
    applymovement PLAYER 0x816731F ' pause look_right_del...
    applymovement 0x2 0x8167348 ' look_left_delayed pa...
    pauseevent 0x0
    pause 0x64
    applymovement PLAYER 0x816732E ' walk_right pause_lon...
    pauseevent 0x0
    pause 0x9B
    applymovement PLAYER 0x816733C ' look_up_delayed end
    pauseevent 0x0
    pause 0x5A
    applymovement PLAYER 0x8167335 ' look_down_delayed en...
    pauseevent 0x0
    applymovement PLAYER 0x8167311 ' slide_down2 slide_do...
    pauseevent 0x0
    special CAMERA_END
    call @More
    releaseall
    end

#org @More
    setvar 0x4085 0x0
    disappear 0x1
    disappear 0x2
    msgbox @Text
    callstd MSG_YESNO ' Yes/No message
    compare LASTRESULT YES
    if == jump @Yes ' Equal To
    special 0x1A5
    waitspecial
    releaseall
    end

#org @Yes
    warp 0x3 0x0 0xFF 0x6 0x7
    releaseall
    end

#org @Text
    = IF YOU ARE PLAYING THIS ROM ON\nAN EMULATOR THAT CAN NOT UTILIZE\lTHE IN GAME SAVE FUNCTION,\lYOU MUST PRESS YES NOW!

How do I do this?
    I searched for the offset thing in pksv ui, was able to find the script. But I dont know how to make that change. I just copy pasted the new one over the old one, but that didnt seem to do it.

I know I could compile and post a new offset in advanced maps, if I knew where the old offset was located, but I cannot find it

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    ~Ɓαitøt~ said:
    Oh, and I have a question:
    I crafted several ASM routines to add abilities but the problem is that now I do not know how to build in the game I know the abilities are purely made ​​by ASM and messy, so I really do not know how to do.
    I may be an idea, compared byte of the ability that Pokémon has learned for go to the routine, for example, the number of the ability is 100, so it returns to the ASM routine of this ability. But I do not find this idea very well because it's somewhat "muddled".

Thank you for your help ;) !

Okay, it's actually a bit crazier than that. You have to add a check in one of the original ability routines.
    Basically, find a routine for a an ability that's similar to yours. Do a ldr r0, bx r0 or something like that to free space, then check one of the registers against the hex number of your new ability, and then do the ASM. I probably explained it badly, but it's something like that.

Years
  • For the third or fourth time:

I used AMAP, and accidentally fused Route 16 with Celadon by name. I want them separate again. How do I rename Route 16 without also renaming Celadon? Nevmind. I went through a very intricate procedure involving downloading another ROM and inserting the maps.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    What's the best Hex Editor for a starting ROM hacker? And for trainer editors, am I better off with A-Trainer or Unnamed Trainer Editor? I'd begun work with PET, but I've learned it's outdated. I don't want to repeat this mistake. (Currently I have XSE, YAPE, AdvanceMap 1.92, and the new G3HS). Nothing else on my list looks really wrong, right?

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    What's the best Hex Editor for a starting ROM hacker? And for trainer editors, am I better off with A-Trainer or Unnamed Trainer Editor? I'd begun work with PET, but I've learned it's outdated. I don't want to repeat this mistake. (Currently I have XSE, YAPE, AdvanceMap 1.92, and the new G3HS). Nothing else on my list looks really wrong, right?
    Use Unnamed Trainer Editor, that's the latest out there. You could use A-Trainer, but I think I heard something about A-Trainer not displaying the AI correctly or something like that (I'm not sure about this, so somebody correct me if I'm wrong). As for a hex editor, it's really up to personal preferences. I use HxD because it's free and it's pretty useful, but you could also work with hex workshop, goldfinger, etc. Just test out a few hex editors and see which one you like best.

Years
  • Alright, another thing I apparently screwed up. None of my warps anywhere work anymore. I have no idea what I did. Can someone help me?

ExitWound

Boggle
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    Alright, when I open up my rom in advance map and navigate to a certain map, this is what I get:
    Spoiler:

The windows are black...
    But if I re-open my rom and navigate to a certain map first, THEN navigate to that map, it shows up normal... Why is that?
    I've also learned that if the windows show up normal, and I open the map of the building on the bottom in the above picture, then go back to the map in the above picture, the windows turn black also...

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • Alright, when I open up my rom in advance map and navigate to a certain map, this is what I get:
    Spoiler:

The windows are black...
    But if I re-open my rom and navigate to a certain map first, THEN navigate to that map, it shows up normal... Why is that?
    I've also learned that if the windows show up normal, and I open the map of the building on the bottom in the above picture, then go back to the map in the above picture, the windows turn black also...

The windows that are blackened out are most likely used from that previous map, right? And the tiles would be on the second tileset of that map, I'm assuming? Then what's most likely happening is your map where the tiles are blacked out are because your secondary tileset is different from the secondary tileset in the other map (the one with the correct windows) and so when the game tries to find it but can't because your image is in another castle tileset, it reads it as black.

tl;dr Change your secondary tileset to be the same as the other map and it should be fine.

Max210

Ultimate P\/\/ /\/3|2Z!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2014
    How do I change the cry of a single ????????? between Celebi and Treecko instead of all of them?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • How do I change the cry of a single ????????? between Celebi and Treecko instead of all of them?

You'd have to asm hack the routines (since they're considered the same.) Why use them when you can add new pokemon?

Max210

Ultimate P\/\/ /\/3|2Z!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2014
    You'd have to asm hack the routines (since they're considered the same.) Why use them when you can add new pokemon?

I tried using the gen III suite once, but I think I caused it to break the rom. Is there anything I should be careful with when doing that?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • I tried using the gen III suite once, but I think I caused it to break the rom. Is there anything I should be careful with when doing that?

Well read carefully the instructions and popups it gives. Either use that or do it by hand in a hex editor (the way I did it :P)

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • I tried using the gen III suite once, but I think I caused it to break the rom. Is there anything I should be careful with when doing that?

I have personally tested every feature in my tool and I know that they all work if you use them right. This means no craziness and checking your work. Also, the ini is special. Take care of it and don't delete it when upgrading.

I have broken literally 100s of roms. Nothing special man. It is all a part of learning.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I made an item using this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=258426) tutorial which works pretty good. The item is a flashlight, which I made using the "lighten" command in XSE. It works perfectly, and is a good alternative to flash, but say I use the item, and then I go to the bag lighten's effects no longer work, meaning I have to use it again. If you don't understand what I'm trying to say I'll make a video and edit this post with it.. But if anyone understands can you help me fix it? (and by fix I mean make lighten's effects last until you leave the room)

ExitWound

Boggle
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    The windows that are blackened out are most likely used from that previous map, right? And the tiles would be on the second tileset of that map, I'm assuming? Then what's most likely happening is your map where the tiles are blacked out are because your secondary tileset is different from the secondary tileset in the other map (the one with the correct windows) and so when the game tries to find it but can't because your image is in another castle tileset, it reads it as black.

tl;dr Change your secondary tileset to be the same as the other map and it should be fine.

Nah, you misunderstood me... Of course I checked that lol.
    I said when I open my rom and navigate straight to that map, it looks fine. Has the windows and everything. But when I navigate to map 0 of bank 20, then that map, the windows are blacked out... :(

EDIT: I figured maybe it has something to do with the Day and Night system?? Because at nighttime on my rom, the windows are the same palette as they are in the day time (when the windows actually show up, which they do sometimes in the town before the forest)

Last edited:
    Years
  • More map help. This has to do with actual map crashes this time.

I replaced Route 16 and Celadon with slightly different maps (naming issue has since been resolved) and connected them accordingly to everything associated with the original maps and to each other. I have issues however. Huge issues. Like, they don't work at all.

Before I saved my gamestate inside the Department Store, it was saved in the new Celadon map, which itself works flawlessly. To walk to new Route 16 glitched up a bit. The map would load seamlessly to four or five (I didn't count) steps into the new Route 16, and then west of that point the game would load the old Route 16. Going into a building in Celadon and coming back out, to reload the maps, blocked Route 16 completely by covering it with the trees that are at the edge of every map. I recently noticed that there is a Cut tree visible, though, where old Route 16 would have loaded one.

Screenshot of AMAP connections
    Screenshot of gameplay with this setup

I tried later to go to Route 7 and return, and see if that fixed anything. First though, I had to make sure Route 7 would connect to new Celadon. I made it connect, and Route 7 did the same thing Route 16 was doing. I'm stuck in Celadon.

Screenshot of AMAP connections
    Screenshot of gameplay with this setup

What am I doing wrong, and how do I fix it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back