• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Maybe just 10 more minutes...

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Maybe just 10 more minutes...

I think we've all experienced this before. Have you ever been so immersed in a game that you've told yourself that you'll shut off the game after 10 more minutes of gameplay, but then you continue to play for the next 3 hours? What games have had you have that kind of immersive experience?

I've recently picked up Shadows of the Colossus for the first time and my god, is that an astounding game. Once you defeat one Colossi it's almost impossible to put down the control as the momentum of gratitude that you get when defeating one just makes you want to go and defeat them all. I'm currently on the 11th Colossi so no spoilers [;

Discuss!

Yukari

...I don't even need to say it do I? I remember once I was only going to play Ultima 7 for some 10 Minutes before bed. It was 10PM, but once I stopped it was 2AM.

TY

Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun is a good example for me. I told myself to only have 30 minutes of gametime, but actually I was playing for 7 hours xD

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Ys: Memories of Celceta had me pretty hooked when I played for six hours straight when I only intended to play for two hours, haha. The thrill of beating a boss and flash-guarding everything was just so exhilarating that I was sucked in to play more and more. The game's soundtrack was just so good, that I wanted to listen to more and more as well.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Pretty much any game for me, I just get so into the game even if I don't really like it. Even that 2048 game that is going on as a challenge right now, I started playing it the first day and played straight for 3 and a half hours without even noticing.

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
    Dynasty Warriors 8XL I was playing through Shu's story mode and I kept telling myself just one more stage and I'll turn it off. I end up beating Shu's historical and hypothetical mode until I realize it was already 4 am xD

It usually happens with me newer pokemon games, I always tell myself "I'll play until I get this badge".

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For me, one of them would be Mario Kart. Every time I go online, it simply becomes impossible for me to stop playing. :( Another is Call of Duty. Don't play it competitively, though; only for my own, personal fun.

Years
    When Grand Theft Auto V first came out, I played it for something ridiculous like 16 hours in the first 30 that I owned it, and probably racked up 40-50 hours total in that first week. Usually I can't spend any more than 3 hours max playing any game, but I was basically a vegetable that week (when I wasn't at work, at least).

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    When Grand Theft Auto V first came out, I played it for something ridiculous like 16 hours in the first 30 that I owned it, and probably racked up 40-50 hours total in that first week. Usually I can't spend any more than 3 hours max playing any game, but I was basically a vegetable that week (when I wasn't at work, at least).

How do you spend that much time playing GTA V? Were you playing online? Because the main game takes like 6 or 7 hours and that's watching all cutscenes and just doing the main missions. Doing side missions it's maybe 10 hours.

Years
    I know for a fact that whenever I get a new game, I'll become obsessed with playing it for the next few days. Case in point would be Pokemon X and Bravely Default, not only were they games for my latest addition to my console/handheld collection, but they were addicting because of the amounts of grinding I would do in both :3 Both of them, within the first few days, I would play 12+ hours; from the time I wake up to when I sleep. Yesterday I had a plan of studying after a few hours of playing Final Fantasy X, but I was so consumed in the task of getting their ultimate weapons that I went overboard and played 12 hours...

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I actually am somehow able to restrain myself... but that could also be because I play from the morning so it's 15 hours per day... =D
    But yea, I was trying to work through Ni no Kuni's Solloseum and then when I looked at the clock it was 1 AM so... I had to stop o.O

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Every new game. It happens every time, especially with RPGs and survival horror games, I just love them too much to put them down. When I first picked up Pokemon X, I logged in about 30 hours in the first two days. D:
    Even some old games still do it; I'll be replaying Skies of Arcadia for the nostalgia for 'just a few minutes', and then 9 hours pass.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    Me with any puzzle type of game like Bubble bobble I will say I want to play for half a hour but still be playing it 2 hours later.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Me with any puzzle type of game like Bubble bobble I will say I want to play for half a hour but still be playing it 2 hours later.

Bubble Bobble <3

You've got to admit though, having that one song play continuously like it does for 2 hours would make anyone go mad xD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I most certainly have! I barely slept at all when I first played Skyrim because I kept thinking "just one more part in this quest..." or "I'm so close to the next Enchanting level I may as well reach it first...", and that's certainly not the only game it's happened with. I don't have the problem as much recently as I'm mostly playing session-based games with expected lengths for each so it's much easier to plan your time, but I'm definitely guilty of the "just 10 more minutes..." habit otherwise haha.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
    Whenever I play a good pokemon game it always happens like that> Even when I play Minecraft, LOZ or Super mario then the same thing happend. It happens to particularly any video game for me.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
    Playing Jak 2 recently that happened to me. "I'll just finish this mission......... Oh, I may as well do that mission too" and then a couple hours pass.....

Other than that, I'm not too bad. Sometimes I get completely engrossed in animal crossing of all games, and I won't get off it for a few hours. With games like Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask it's tough to find a decent break in the action to stop playing though, which makes it tough........

And then there's the "oh, I'll do that" and it takes so much longer than expected....... That happens a lot because I'm a miserable failure at games XD

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    Hoo boy. Risk of Rain is a big one for me. Yeah, I'll fail a run, and then think "I should go do real things," then I start a new round, and four hours later I'm wrapping up my newest game-breaking run... oops.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
    I normaly do my pokemon games in stages, like one game 1 badge, and so on.

one night at about 10 pm I said one game then bed.
    I got so engrossed that I completed 4 badges on six games.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    This only happens to me with games where the turnover time is short - like The Binding of Isaac, each game is only a few minutes so I can tell myself "oh, just one more" no matter what. When it comes to longer games I get bogged down by how long the pieces of it are and feel like it's faster and more fun if I take lots of breaks so stopping isn't difficult for me.

Back