• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are your personal favourite video gaming stores?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Just as the title asks, do you have a preferred place to buy all of your video games if you buy them physically? If so, what video game store is that, and why? Do they have any special deals that interests you, or are there any factors?

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    I actually do have a favorite video game store. It happens to be GameStop. One reason why I like it is that it is in walking distance from where I live. One thing I like about it is the GameStop Powerup Rewards program. Everytime I buy games, I get rewards points. I can use these points to get interesting items.

Years
    Well, i normally go to shopping mall buy game since is very near my house, and there's 3 shopping mall at my area and 3 game shop too, i forget the shop name anyway. xD

Years
    The only one I frequent is EBGames, in which there are about 3 within a 10 minute drive from my house XD I've heard about a certain video game shop downtown that sells the more classic/older games, but I haven't been there; would love to though, to see what I could find. Other than EBGames/GameStop, I have no idea as to what other major video game store chains exists, and that's the main reason why I only buy my physical games from there.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I prefer to buy my games in physical form, so my only real option is to shop at Gamestop. I don't really like gamestop but because my friend is an employee there and has been for the past 7 years he has a pretty nice discount on games that I use. However now Disc Replay, my favorite place to shop for games because they literally have everything for every system, is starting to sell new games instead of just used. Granted they only sell new copies of the most popular games like Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, Halo, etc..

Salamence62

you're gonna hear me rawr :3
    Years
    definitely EBgames, it has really nice service, a huge selection of games and the sucky ones which you'd never consider are at the back of the shelf. :3 the music they play is cool and when you ask them about a game or something, they don't groan and then mumble the price like in other stores. :p

Years
    definitely EBgames, it has really nice service, a huge selection of games and the sucky ones which you'd never consider are at the back of the shelf. :3 the music they play is cool and when you ask them about a game or something, they don't groan and then mumble the price like in other stores. :p

I don't have any other store to compare their selection to, but even amongst the different EBGames that exist around my area, there is one in particular (of course it has to be the furthest one) that does have a larger selection than the others.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I actually haven't purchased a physical copy of a game in a while, but when I do, EB is also my main store; there's one I've been frequenting since I was a kid, as the mall that it's in is very close to where I live. Sometimes I also like to buy from Futureshop and Best Buy.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I don't often buy physical copies, but when I do Wal-mart and K-mart have the appeal of being in local proximity. K-mart is slightly closer and often has better deals to compete with Wal-mart.. but lacks in selection. Pawn shops have the appeal of being fairly close and dirt cheap, though the ones around here lack a bit in selection unless you're specifically looking for N64 stuff. :P

The nearest Gamestop is a 3-hour round-trip drive. Best Buy and other electronic stores are even farther. When we do go out that way, though, they are definitely a step up from my local options.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Whenever I'm in the mood to buy physical video game copies, I always head over to GameStop. This is the only store closet to our house, and, well, I'm pretty used to it in general; as a kid, dad would always take me there whenever I asked him to buy me some games. xD;; BestBuy isn't so bad, either; they have great customer service. Bought a white 360 console few years ago and felt like swapping it with a black one immediately after getting home, and when I went back, they were able to deal with me without any sort of trouble at all.

Years
    I actually haven't purchased a physical copy of a game in a while, but when I do, EB is also my main store; there's one I've been frequenting since I was a kid, as the mall that it's in is very close to where I live. Sometimes I also like to buy from Futureshop and Best Buy.

The only time I tried to go to FutureShop for games was during their crazy trade-in deal when Call of Duty: Ghosts, Assassin's Creed, and Battlefield 4 came out. Everyone had the same idea, lining up during the early morning trying to grab 1 of those games for free; didn't go early so I didn't get any of the games ;-;

Yukari

Gamestop is one of my favorites, but I like Game King better because it has a much larger collection of older video games, but it's a lot farther away.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Does Amazon count? Haha, I like to order my physical games online and have them shipped to me rather than pick it up from a store.

But, if we have to pick an actual store that I have to physically go into, EBgames/Gamestop would technically be my "favourite". Not too fond of the actual store, since in my area I'm usually met with some pretentious clerk. But it does have it's good points, like having extras of limited editions for certain games that I couldn't nab off Amazon.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Even for new games? The only time I've bought a game from eBay was because my sister unexpectedly sold one of the older games for the PlayStation off before I was old enough to play it >>;; So I had to buy the game back myself.

eBay is actually a great source for games, even better than GameStop in my opinion. And with new games, you could actually get a steal with it by winning a bid that was substantially low at the time. I personally never buy games new, so eBay has always been the cheapest way in buying games.

Stinks about your sister selling that game off /: Hopefully you got a good deal for it!

Years
    eBay is actually a great source for games, even better than GameStop in my opinion. And with new games, you could actually get a steal with it by winning a bid that was substantially low at the time. I personally never buy games new, so eBay has always been the cheapest way in buying games.

Stinks about your sister selling that game off /: Hopefully you got a good deal for it!

Oh, I never bid on eBay items XD I'm too impatient for that. I normally purchase the item then-and-there instead of having the prospect of needing to outbid someone else. It was Chrono Cross! I've barely touched it since getting it, and I have no idea how much I paid for it @_@ Probably a lot more than what it was worth back in the early 2000s.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Even for new games? The only time I've bought a game from eBay was because my sister unexpectedly sold one of the older games for the PlayStation off before I was old enough to play it >>;; So I had to buy the game back myself.
    Yea, even for new games =)
    I bought Conception week or so after American release for like 10 bucks lower =D

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
    First National Bank of Gamestop

Eh. If I need to a game right there and then, I'll just go to the Target up the street. I mostly play stuff on my PC so it's almost always Steam for me aside from 3DS games.

Back