• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are your personal favourite video gaming stores?

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    There is only one place to go to buy games here anyway. Which is GAME who give great deals on games.
    well it's better than Gamestop so I have hear anyway.
    So I pick GAME as my favourite place to buy games.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
    Years
    Play N Trade. Hands down way better than the Gamestop in my hometown. Way better selection of older games and really close to my house. I cried when they were out of commission for like a week or so.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    I don't really have a preferred place to buy games. They're all in the same location anyways so going to one over the other wouldn't save much time.

I go to Future Shop and EB Games the most I guess though.

Years
    i usually go to Big Bang, it has pretty much every new to 2 years old DS and PS games. it's not a video game store tho, it's a gigantic shopping center, you can buy housework objects, films, computer gear, and tons of other stuff there, except food...

One worker there bribed me into buying a PMD game instead of whatever i was buying(i forgot). I don't regret it, probably would have regret buying the other game.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I rarely purchase from a "video game store" like GameStop or EB Games. I like the wall-to-wall games aspect. Sometimes you get a cool, knowledgeable clerk. But, often I just get crummy customer service and everything is overpriced.

Even on the day of release I can probably find it cheaper elsewhere. My dollar doesn't discriminate. I shop wherever it is cheapest or however I can make it cheapest. I rarely pay for a game at full price.

For the most part, I stick to Best Buy because of their rewards program which I can then put towards buying more games. And I just price match everything there. But lately, I've had some great deals at Toys "R" Us that would have been possible to price match.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    If I actually need a hard copy, then WalMart.

I don't really play console games though. So Steam!

TY

Steam and my local game store for the PS3 games and occasionally the PSN store if the game is nowhere to be found in the local stores :p

Years
    It's this EB Games at Southgate in Edmonton. Good selection of x360 stuff. Usually got five bins and decent bit of wall space. Having the LEGO store a few minutes away is also appreciated.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I love Replays. I don't know if it's just a statewide chain or what, but it's awesome. I never leave there without buying a game or accessory. Seriously, they've always got something I either just said I was going to start looking for (Jet Force Gemini back in February) or that I have been waiting for for years (Super Game Boy just two weeks ago). They specialize in older games, so it's right up my alley since I'm not huge on newer games. The staff there is great too. I can talk to them forever and one guy is a mutual friend with a friend of mine that also collects games (though he's better than me and tries to collect like...everything haha). If you have a Replays nearby, I strongly suggest checking it out. :)

For my newer game needs, I go to GameStop. I know most people seems to rag on them, but I have friends that work at both the GameStops here so...yeah. Makes the experience much more pleasant and I get heads up about some stuff. :)

Back