• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mario Kart 8 Direct

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Nintendo sprang a surprise direct on us, one for Europe (UK - very british), and one for America.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2..._8_direct_shows_new_features_racers_and_items

Included a bunch of stuff on characters (the Koopa kids namely), bike/kart differences, tracks, items (including new ones), samples of the (live recorded) music in the game, wifi info, and a promotion at least for the uk - buy it before July ends, get a download code for another Wii U game (from a range including Pikmin 3, LoZ: WW, New Super Mario U, and Sonic Lost Worlds. AND the US gets the deal too, just froma range of four games (rather than 10 with Europe). No news about Australia yet, sigh.

America got the MK8 Wii U bundle announced. Comes with a wheel + themed wii remote, at $330, as well. Not bad for a nice looking game + a bonus game download, frankly. Now why can't Australia have news of that and have a <$430 price tag =(

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Already, people are considering not buying this game despite all of the new features they've been asking Nintendo to do for a long time now because of the inclusion of Baby Rosalina and Pink Gold Peach in the final roster, as well as the total number being 30, which isn't as much as a large with MKWii's roster by comparison. They were expecting Diddy Kong and Bowser Jr.'s return along with a couple of new non-time paradoxial characters like Nabbit or Kamek. Why does Mario Kart hate continuity?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    To be honest, I think it's just people having a reason just for the sake of disliking something. @_@ Not good at all.

Personally I was hoping for Baby Bowser to be in, but, Koopalings are good too! And gold Peach, whooooa. Things are looking good! I can't wait for this game; it's been a good whie since I was excited for Mario Kart, and I really hope members here will pick up this game too, cause I wanna do some races, hehe. c:

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    People are not buying the game because of character selections...? In a fighting game I can understand, but in a racing game? Aside from weight class, there is no uniqueness in the characters apart from aesthetics.

Anyways, I was already dead set on getting the game, and the direct just pretty much cemented my position on definitely getting it. Anti-gravity seems fun, I like the bumping speed boost idea. The Pirahna plant item is easily my favourite of the new items, but it also looks really cheap, haha. So far, I'm digging the soundtrack, that saxophone on Dolphin Shoals <3.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I'm not thrilled with the character lineup, but I don't care. I'm always Mario or Luigi anyway. Because I am ultra boring.

Everything else I've seen about this game looks great. Visuals, audio, game balancing, new features, online approach, etc.

And I love that I'm going to get Zelda Wind Waker HD for free.

Years
    It doesn't matter what characters are in it. Yoshi will still always win.

I hate how people find reasons to criticize every game. You just can't ever win.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Years
    I don't have the Wii U so even though I'm actually excited for this game, I won't be purchasing it ;-; Also, the deal with characters, what? I've personally never paid any mind to the addition/subtraction of characters since I'm accustomed to using the generic characters who will always be included in the selection. But to not buy the game simply because the character they wanted wasn't included in the mix...? Uh, alright, whatever floats their boat. At the same time though, I have noticed that there is no consistency between games in terms of the characters, although my opinion/knowledge might be skewed because the last MK that I played was Double Dash \:

Back