• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Easter Eggs?

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Easter eggs usually go right over my head. I just don't usually pick up on the fact that what I just found was one, so not many come to mind without the use of google. {XD}

That said, the first one that did come to me is still one of my favorites: Schrödinger's cat in Bioshock 2. :3

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I always thought it was neat that in Final Fantasy I (or II I don't remember) there was a tombstone that read "Here lies Link".

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
    Easter eggs always made my day :P

Anyway, easter eggs are awesome. I love the UFO ones in GTA 5. Too bad you can't do anything to destroy it or something. Oh well. Oh yea. Also the ghost on mount gondo or something?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I can't get enough of the hidden goodies in Borderlands 2. Some of my favorites were Dark Souls and Minecraft Easter eggs in the Caustic Caverns, as well as the duo that sometimes spawn in the Wildlife Preserve named Pimon and Tumbaa, referencing The Lion King.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    I love Easter Eggs. You get a sense of how whimsical the developers are feeling when you get to play their games. I always try to be on the look out for them when playing games actually.

In Vanquish, there is one mission where you get to see a bunch of grunts dance with a boombox blasting music. The grunts where actually doing the Bayonetta dance which made me chuckle when I first saw it.

Metal Gear Solid series is full of them. Like the Psycho Mantis battle with the memory card. The posters of a bunch other games. Figurines of popular characters on desks. Kojima in Ground Zeroes lol. And so much more.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    easter eggs, you say
    Spoiler:

I can't really recall a lot atm, but I liked that reference to Oblivion's Adoring Fan in Skyrim - Cicero's journal mentions how he posed as a "starstruck fan" in order to get close to and assassinate the Grand Champion of the Arena.

Don't know if this even counts but South Park: The Stick of Truth had an immeasurable amount of references to the show, like a certain 'someone' in Stan's closet who's "never coming out". I also lol'd when I found that I can Roshambo my enemies.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I've probably missed tons of easter eggs in the games I played. But one that I remember, because I always went out of my way to get it, were the sun glasses in Sacret. Fist you had to find a boat that brought you to a vacation island and there you had to do a sidequest. For finishing it you get the sun glasses in return (and they differ depending which character you're playing).

Melty~

Deku Princess(?)
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    I'm surprised nobody mentioned this yet, but I found it humorous that there was a reference to the Nintendo vs Sony rivalry in Hey You Pikachu.

If you say "PlayStation" to Pikachu, it gets VERY angry.

Back