• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

does anyone here hate group project??

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
Years
If I have to do a group project, I'd much rather choose the people in my group. I hate being put into a group with a bunch of slackers. It makes it more of a "have-one-person-do-all-the-work-and-everyone-gets-the-credit" kinda project, which has happened to me plenty of times in the past. Why should the people who do nothing to help you also get credit when you did everything for them? It makes no sense and it really isn't fair, at least imo.

FifePokemon

AlShao
Years
Usually I don't mind it. I recently had a fieldtrip where my group were hardworking and enjoyable, but I've also had a few slackers in previous years. Thankfully my university has a peer-assessment aspect to our group projects so generally people feel the need to make the effort.
However I agree with Majestic Electric, it is unfair when people get good credit despite contributing nothing to the group..

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Group projects can drive you nuts if you're paired with students who are too lazy to do the work, forcing you to finish everything by yourself, at the cost of sacrificing some of your spare time after finishing your initial part of the project.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 24, 2019
i think you guy are too harsh on slacker or people who don't contribute because it is hard to contribute something when you have no ideas or people in your group already talk about it. Sometime people dont get a chance to contribute...... there are many factors....

Years
I've been unfortunate enough to be stuck with bad partners too many times to count. They don't put in as much effort as they could--I'm usually the one to do most the work--and I don't get as good a grade as I could if I worked alone. Still, I think if I were placed with people who actually did their part and didn't have one person doing more/less work than they should, I'd be fine with working in a group.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I sort of dislike taking part in group projects, since there's always some chance of miscommunication, which could wind up ruining things for you and those that are involved. I personally find that to be kind of frustrating, and sometimes, it does delay whatever you're working on, making it seem even more of a dilemma. If it weren't for that, I would've had no problem at all. In most cases, I'd like to think that I'm better at doing things alone.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 24, 2019
when you are in group, do u prefer dividing task who do what and the combine it together at the end or do it together, keep put in work

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
YES. It is too much of a risk working with other people. I've had great partners, and I've been stuck with those who do no work and those who absolutely INSIST on making awful projects or not listening to my ideas. How we divide up work really depends on the people and the project, honestly. Usually we'll divide up the work but if I have to do it all, I guess that's just how its gonna work.

Something that one of my teachers did recently was really great. Instead of having a group of kids creating one final project together, he assigned the project to each of us individually but gave us "collaboration groups" so we would have people to help work out the problems, but everyone had to do the same amount of work because we each had to produce our own report and data, etc (there were groups with dif projects too, so it wasn't like the entire class had the same thing).

Sirfetch’d

I never do group projects unless necessary. I hate them so much as I always get stuck doing the work and never get the credit for it. I also feel that when working with others I cant put my best effort as to when working alone I focus more and do a much better job!

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
whenever I do group projects with my friends we either do terrible work or nothing gets done, for the most part, but it's fun, so I like them if only for that. (0:

however, if I'm stuck in a group with a bunch of people who I don't know and no one talks then it's just uncomfortable and I hate it.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I do, with a passion. Even if it's with my friends, I'd much rather do work alone. That way, I know who to blame, and who's responsible for everything: me. When I do have to do a group project, well, I'm usually the one that does most of the work, cause I don't like depending on other people.

Years
Group projects all depend on who you get in your group. If it's people who are willing to have some fun moments and laugh a little, but then become serious and get to work, then they're a blast and I usually end up receiving a good grade. However, it all changes if the other group members don't cooperate, pay attention, work hard, or show up. Then, it all goes downhill.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
Group projects were more of an issue for me in high school than in college (I picked a major that was more individual-project-based, and the people I knew in college generally pulled their weight/cared about their grades more than the ones in high school). In theory, group projects can work out well, if you have a group where (a) everyone is willing to put an equal amount of work into the project and (b) all of the group members have skills that they can contribute to the group to enhance the quality of the group's work. The main problem I've found with group projects is that often, several group members would rather just coast off of someone else's work (and generally, I end up being the one who has to do everything at the last minute to get the project done). I recall one project in college where one member of our group refused to show up to any of our meetings, respond to our emails, or do anything at all; the professor didn't care, put that group member on the spot during our presentation, and then docked our whole group because he didn't know anything about our project (understandably, since he never worked on it).

DarkIllumination

The one in the darkness
Years
Group projects go in different ways and I hate doing the work by myself and I usually partner up with someone I know or they have a good work ethic to cause as little trouble as possible and work efficently.

Years
If there's a choice between working in a group or working individually, I'd definitely choose the latter over the former. Academics is one area where I do not trust people because there's a certain level of workmanship that I want my projects to reach. And it's hard because other members will have different ideas. I guess I could get a bit controlling, but I still maintain a certain sense of respect for other peoples' opinions and ideas. But yeah, I'd rather work alone even if it means more work for me. At least I'll have it done my way and I know what I'm doing.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I hate them. I can't stand group projects. No one ever bothers to do anything and I end up doing all the work alone. Most of the time, they don't even know what I wrote in it.

Poki

Banned
Years
Your threads are always fun.

Group projects can go suck a big one. I'd rather work alone. When I am alone, I get ♥♥♥♥ done. When I am in a group, nobody does anything, yet they still get awarded for my work. howboutno?

Back