• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Art Academy Releases June 19th. in Japan

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
According to popular Japanese gaming magazine, Gematsu, Game Freak has been working on a new title called Pokémon Art Academy. Similar to the original Art Academy released on the Nintendo Wii U, the game offers more than 40 tutorials which will teach users how to draw over 40 different Pokémon! Exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS, it allows users to create and use over 100 different Pokemon templates which they will be able to share with friends over Miiverse. Pokémon Art Academy will be available in Japan on June 19th. for Nintendo 3DS, and hopefully gamers in North America and Europe will find a copy of the game soon after.

Source

Aside from the article, what are your guy's thoughts the new title? Should Game Freak be working on a Pokemon drawing title, when they could be creating a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or Pokemon Ranger? If the game came to your region, would you purchase it?

Personally, I probably wouldn't buy the game. I'm not into drawing that much, although it would be cool to learn how to draw Pikachu and more complex Pokemon. Overall, I think that the title is a good idea but I would like to see more from Game Freak like a new Pokemon Ranger or maybe a Pokemon game mixed with a Professor Layton game.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
They do these stuff every once in a while, and create some unusual title of sorts just to see how they go. Last time they'd done something like this was with that typing game (forgot what it was called); it seemed pretty fun to me, but not really sure if it were actually successful or not. :( This seems great, but we'll see how it actually winds up, haha.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I think this one will be more successful than the typing game, since you can get a lot more out of it than you can with typing. I don't see it coming to the US, though, unless it does really well. I'm totally okay with it though, since I can't see myself ever buying it, haha.

Years
^Well, according to Serebii.net, it is coming to the US and Europe. They already revealed the release date for Europe (July 4th) which is pretty neat. I'm definitely going to get this as I like drawing a lot.

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2019
The majority of spinoff pokemon games are contracted to independent developers or other Nintendo partners. There are enough companies to make all the games you want and more

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
I'm not gunna buy it since I have no interest in drawing and I suck at drawing as is. xD

I am curious to see how well this sells. I'd hope they'd make it cheaper than your average 3DS game. I can't see people spending $30-$40 on this...

I'd rather they work on a new Mystery Dungeon or something but you know, we can't always get what we want. xD

Alkaiser

Superhero
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 1, 2014
I don't really are interested in this, and I find it pretty unnecessary and expensive... I mean, 30 bucks for learning how to draw some Pokemon? Seems a little expensive to me. However, maybe fans of drawing and Pokémon may enjoy it. And, hey, it could be worst. It could be another Dash game... Now, that was a bad game!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm actually really excited about this! I don't draw as much as I used to, but I'd love to get back into it. One of the main things that helped me learn how to draw when I was younger was Pokemon anyway, so for me, this would be a perfect way to return to it! I'm hoping that by "over 40 Pokemon" they mean WAAAAY over 40 Pokemon, because we're currently sitting on 719 of them, haha.

One thing I dislike is that this is coming out in fall for North America while everyone else is getting it in the summer in the upcoming months. We have ORAS, a main series game, also in the fall. I think that's gonna hurt sales in the North American regions for this game, so I don't understand why they're releasing it in fall. Then again, it could be early fall, so I don't think that will affect sales that bad.

Overall though, this looks fun and I can't wait! One good thing about everyone else getting it first is that North Americans can read reviews and watch videos on it and not be the guinea pigs, haha.

Years
I'm so, so glad it's coming out in the US ;; I suck at drawing, but I wanna try this game out anyway~ The only thing I don't like about it so far is that it's being released here in the states in Fall 2014 (near ORAS's release date), but there's nothing I can do about it. Looking forward to getting it and seeing if I can actually draw Pokemon XD

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
More news!

The game is dated for a July 4th. release in Europe and a Fall release for North America.

Some new screenshots were released today, check them out!

Spoiler:

Years
That's awesome to hear the game will be getting an international release, and those pics look really nice! Especially the Oshawott head (yeah you know me hahahaha) and that one of Pikachu with the electric background.

Years
I'm honestly very excited because it looks cute and it's a Pokemon title and it's drawing and agdggfg. Too bad the US is getting it so late, haha. ;-; But at least we have a release ETA to begin with since this title seems really niche.

But yeah, I second Jak in hoping we don't only have about 40-50 Pokemon to work with since that's what it seems like from the wording. They have so many potential ones to incorporate.

Years
This looks really cool! I'll definitely pick it up when it's released. What a perfect way to practice drawing Pokemon! :] I do share everyone else's worries that only a handful of Pokemon will be available to draw. Hopefully, the final game contains a wide variety to choose from, as well as some objectives to complete along the way to unlocking all of them!

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
I dont know how fun itll be to trace a Pokemon. Also, why is this being made into a video game? Why not just do it in real life. Nor do I see the point of this game, nor do I think I'd enjoy it. Probably crap in my opinion.

Back