• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello!

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2021
    Hello, everyone. My name is Kobanite, and I'm fairly new here to the Pokecommunity forums. I found this place through my love of rom hacks. A lot of download links brought me to threads here, so I decided to make an account. I would like to make my own rom hack some day, but I'm still learning basics. I doubt it will happen anytime soon.

I was kind of hesitant to post because I don't want to break any rules, but it seems posting here in the Beginner's Lounge is fine. I'll try to be active on these forums, and hopefully I can learn some new things. I've been playing Pokémon games since Pokémon Sapphire/Pokémon FireRed. I've never really played any games before that aside beating the first two gym leaders in Pokémon Yellow. As of recently, I've been doing a nuzlocke/hard mode of Pokémon X, and I would like to start a competitive team for Y. I will use Smogon tiers once they are available.

Well, I think that is me and what I'm doing. I hope everything goes well.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
    Pokemon Yellow was the first pokemon game I beat the E4 first. It was easy considering the fact you can use all the starters
    Really better than Red and Blue if you ask me. Good luck on your nuzlocke challenge by the way! I'm almost done with mine and planning on doing so in another game, but hope you have fun!

Don't worry about breaking the rules; there's also threads that states the sections' rules. Anyway, welcome to PC Kobanite and may life treat you well!

Years
    Hey hey Kobanite! Welcome to PC and good to meet you.

If you're confused about where to post what we recommend posting in the questions & answers thread, people are always glad to help show you the way. Don't worry about asking one of the ROM Hacking moderators, either - they're all wonderful people and are glad to help.

And oh! I'd love to tackle a nuzlocke sometime but can imagine it'd be a pain to lose Pokemon along the way. Haven't ever really attempted it yet but was thinking about it for whenever I pick up a copy of Y. No way can I restart my X version hrg. Maybe I'll try it out on Black 2 when I have the chance.

See you around and have a fantastic time! n~n Let me know if you need any help.

Years
    That's a pretty cool name you got there. Welcome, Kobanite! And nice to see you.

If you need help with ROM hacks, Sheep's got that covered for you so do follow her link and I'm sure someone over in the ROM Hacking boards can help you, and with its nice team of moderators and the talented hackers who lurk the section. I'm sure your eventual hack will come along beautifully once you get pointed in the right direction.

And I know Nuzlockes look fun but I don't know if I can handle the pain that comes with losing a trusted Pokemon, at least Marriland's Nuzlocke and Wedlocke videos are kinda hilarious at times. You should check out the Challenges board which has a Nuzlocke thread you can join in with.

I guess that's it for now, but yeah we hope you enjoy your stay at PC! Don't hesitate to message me if you want to chat or just need a little helping hand every now and then, I won't bite I promise.

- Hikamaru

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Howdy Kobanite; that's quite the lovely name you have there! And welcome to PC! We have all kinds of hackers here, so, you can check out that ROM hacking board as many times as you like, and you'll learn everything you need to here. o/

And daw, it's okay, we're always here to help out if you have any questions, or any moundo! No worries - we're not tigers or robots who would bite ya or anything! Those are just misconceptions, y'know. Anyways, ya, totally on board with ya on lovin' those pokemon games! And I wish you luck on the nuzlocke! I think nuzlockes are generally tricky because one critical hit, and there goes your pokemon. D8 ugh.

Still! Things are set to go well, and I look forward on seeing you around the forums soon! <33

Back