• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Definitely liked what I saw from Aldnoah in the first episode. It feels awesome to have two Urobutchi shows to watch weekly now.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • So there's this upcoming event on August 15th-17th called Anime Festival Asia Indonesia (AFAID), but for some reason my uni decided to place a supposedly mandatory choir practice on the exact same three days (like wtf?).

I was planning to go on the exhibits only, but then I heard some news: K Project: Missing Kings will be screening at the event.

And now I'm conflicted on whether I should skip the day it's screening or not. I only want to skip that one single day and attend the rest of the practice. :'D

Although my priorities state that I should skip a day and go watch that K movie before anyone else.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • So there's this upcoming event on August 15th-17th called Anime Festival Asia Indonesia (AFAID), but for some reason my uni decided to place a supposedly mandatory choir practice on the exact same three days (like wtf?).

I was planning to go on the exhibits only, but then I heard some news: K Project: Missing Kings will be screening at the event.

And now I'm conflicted on whether I should skip the day it's screening or not. I only want to skip that one single day and attend the rest of the practice. :'D

Although my priorities state that I should skip a day and go watch that K movie before anyone else.
    Obviously your uni chose it so everyone could go there so... Go!

Candy

Years
  • Obviously your uni chose it so everyone could go there so... Go!

Explain to me in great detail about your reply.

Knowing my uni there's no way it was planned and most likely coincidental.

But whatever, I'll skip a day's practice. I demand to know what happened to Shiro. ;3;

Braxien

Banned
    Years
  • When there are both Mangas and Animes avaiable to read/view, which do you guys look at first? I follow the rules which I always follow when reading books which have been made into movies. I always read every chapter of the Manga first, and wait for anymore to come out, before I watch the actual Anime.

Years
  • Story detail really helps with immersion. It's amazing.

I'm a sucker for world building. I mean yeah its nice seeing the action and whatnot. But to me that's icing to the cake. I'd personally rather see the thought process that goes into the actions and characterization.

"Jeez, Oosaka Ryouta. Do you not remember what happened the *last* time you climbed into a strange mecha for the sake of a girl? Do you want to get turned into a space vampire again?"

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Phoenix_and_Document_2.gif

It has come to my attention that Manga Traders will be closing soon, not to mention the hacker that stole One Million account details.

Phoenix_Thinking_2.gif

Which means downloading Manga will become quiet difficult, I understand BakaPT.me but most of the links are torrents and they require seeders in order for you too download, most of the links are dead with only a few seeders. So the question remains where do we go next?

Phoenix_Confident_2.gif

Well from my pals over at 4chan.org/a/ the Anime and Manga Section, saw that it was up to them to try and save what they could. Not sure what the rules are on posting links to this stuff but if it's a nono just tell me to edit it out. But as I said BakaBT is still there.

[link snipped]

EDIT: this project is not complete, most manga are not on there so don't expect you to find it.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • I personally think that I would have an easier time following anime than manga. I haven't really ever been drawn into reading a backwards comic (although that's an amusing thing), but what do I know. I may need to read up more on the anime adaptations before I try to check out manga.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    I personally think that I would have an easier time following anime than manga. I haven't really ever been drawn into reading a backwards comic (although that's an amusing thing), but what do I know. I may need to read up more on the anime adaptations before I try to check out manga.

Backwards comic, oh god. I tell you what I really hate when a graphic novel is in the style of a manga or a manga goes the western way its so annoying and confusing.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    With Manga normally western companies that are localizing it think it'll be easier if they do it the conventional way so when someone decides to just buy the localized manga instead of using a scanlation team mid way through the pages are all different and it becomes difficult. e.g. Pokemon Adventure manga

Years
  • With Manga normally western companies that are localizing it think it'll be easier if they do it the conventional way so when someone decides to just buy the localized manga instead of using a scanlation team mid way through the pages are all different and it becomes difficult. e.g. Pokemon Adventure manga

What are you talking about? Every Pokemon Adventures volume I own from Viz Media is right-to-left...

In fact, nearly every volume from a Western publisher that I have and have seen in stock in stores over the last 6 years is right-to-left. I think the only one that's not right-to-left that I've ever seen is my recently acquired Chi's Sweet Home volume. Well, that and the occasional volume of manhwa that I sometimes see mixed into the manga.

TL;DR: Every manga I've seen over the past six years, including many from 2002, 2003, and 2004, read right-to-left and are not mirrored/flipped in any way.

Have you even been in a bookstore at the manga shelf these last 6 years?

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    I picked up a few Astro Boys a year or so ago and they were not mirrored but...

bulbapedia said:
    Pokémon Adventures was translated into European French by Glénat under the title Pokémon: La Grande Aventure!. This translated version was based on the original Japanese, however, the artwork was printed in reverse order in a left-to-right reading format for purposes of publication in France.

sorry for the confusion

Candy

Years
  • Have you even been in a bookstore at the manga shelf these last 6 years?

I can attest to that in my country.

All of them are in the regular right-to-left aside from Detective Conan/Case Closed and some of the manga targeted for young kids.

I think the reason is because a mangaka doesn't want his work to be flipped so the publisher here didn't flip it and continued to not flip it with the exception of Detective Conan 'cause it's already gone for a lot of volumes at the time.

~*~

So I went out with my friends from my high school's Japan Club yesterday and after grabbing a bite, we went to the bookstore (and check out the manga section obviously). I only bought 7 volumes and they just stared at me like I buy so many manga and thought that I have some sort of library at home.

On the inside, I'm just laughing at the fact that I normally buy three times the amount that day. Plus, I got 25% off so it ends up costing four timea less than the amount I spent on an average monthly manga spree.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back