• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
  • Hikaru no Go has been in my to-watch list for a while now. But since I now have a 5GB cap and since the series is huge (70+ episodes iirc), I'm putting it off for now. D:

OH AND HI GUYS I'M FINALLY BACK AGAIN. :D oh and in case you haven't noticed it, I've seen the GITS SAC series and am completely in love with Mokoto Kusanagi. Also updated top 5 as follows:

Gintama
    Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji - Ultimate Survivor
    Nodame Cantabile

I THINK I WILL FOLLOW ALDNOAH ZERO, AKAME GA KIRU AND SAO II THIS SEASON.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • It's actually how most people in our age group find out about Go.

It was quite popular in Japan back in the 2002-3 timeframe and about 2006-7 timeframe in the US.

I found out about Go because the Japan Club back at High School had Go boards. And the leader of the branch was quite the killer.

Plus, Indonesia never aired that anime in any of the TV channels around that time, and I know there's plenty with lots of anime airing in it.

Still, I need to stop picking up anime that I'll probably never end up watching, but dang this is interesting. ;o;

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Quite a few game and sport anime anime have had impacts on the real world. I seem to remember reading that a couple of very reputable Spanish and Portuguese footballers got into the sport because they enjoyed Captain Tsubasa.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Quite a few game and sport anime anime have had impacts on the real world.

Too bad Free! never managed to make people interested in swimming. Then again, I never got a chance to go to the swimming pool back when it was booming here. Although, it does succeed in making some people fujoshis, but let's not get into that. :|

Also, welcome back Laptrap.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Thanks.

YowaPeda supposedly got people on their bikes, which is good. I would actually be surprised if Free hasn't gotten some people to the pool.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Too bad Free! never managed to make people interested in swimming. Then again, I never got a chance to go to the swimming pool back when it was booming here. Although, it does succeed in making some people fujoshis, but let's not get into that. :|

Also, welcome back Laptrap.

Maybe if one or two of them actually had a legitimate hangup and weren't practically professional swimmers already we could connect more with their characters.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I might only watch Free! to see the "fangirls" fangirl over the main leads. Used to seeing guys ogle girls so seeing girls ogle guys would be a new experience I guess? Apart from that I don't really see much reason in me ever trying to attempt watching Free. There's KyoAni's amazing water...I guess?

Downloading Zankyou no Terror, Akame ga Kill and Tokyo Ghoul this season. Former is definitely the strongest of the three. Akame is just mindless gorefest so I'm in. And Tokyo Ghoul is another one just like that. Neither of the two come anywhere near how good the first two episodes of Zankyou were but they're entertaining, to say the least. Did think I'd follow Aldnoah but I'm gonna pass.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Spoiler:

I don't watch Free! I'm afraid it may impact on my manliness in a bad way.

Years
  • NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Free is totally hetero.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back