• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Begin Again (OOC)

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
By the way - there are now 5 spots open! Some people fell of the face of the earth, sadly.

5 spots. Tell your friends :) we're not in a hurry to boost our ranks, but it's nice with eager new faces.

Last edited:
Years
I hope it's okay that I'm including a Luxray in these next few posts since there's no way Tasman could capture it (nor would he want the mean bastard anyway). I am hoping to have him capture the Shinx later though.

Honestly I've already decided on a huge chunk of Tasman's story...

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Thanks for opening up sign-ups! Hopefully mine looks good so I can begin my journey. :)

Name: Benny Emmett

Hometown: Vermilion City

Appearance: A tall young man with brown, messy hair and freckles dotting his nose, Benny would be described as plain by some, attractive by others, and "funny looking" by a select few girls that had teased him all throughout their school years. He had some muscle definition, but only from working the docks and restaurant at the harbor. He had a calm look about him usually, but under pressure, his tense gaze gave away every thought he had. Despite this, anyone who knew Benny would tell you his smile was his best feature and those same girls that called him "funny looking" were often seen trying to coax smiles out of him before giggling like they were still eleven.

Benny is never seen without his letterman jacket for VCU (Vermilion City University), a white on blue jacket he earned on the tennis team with his name embroidered on the back with his number, 24. Under his letterman rests a white t-shirt with the logo of the harbor restaurant he worked at during his university years. It was a place full of fond memories for Benny and he wore the shirt with pride, despite many friends mocking him for it.

His jeans looked fresh and recently bought below the jacket because they were. His last pair had been tattered and dirty from years of serving stinky and dirty fishermen at the restaurant and his mother simply couldn't let him venture out without a good, new pair. Worst of all, the old pair smelled like Fried Magikarp. Yuck. Under those were new sneakers, blue on white, completing an outfit that screamed, "This guy's favorite color is blue!"

Benny's backpack was also new, but it was black and contained every possession left to him. His father's engraved Pokéball which held Benny's beloved Pokémon, Rillo, was attached and hanging on the outside of the bag. He had a second Pokéball attached to the clip, which held his first captured Pokémon, a young Lapras from the waters near his home. His grandfather had shown him how to capture a Pokémon before he left for Pewter City and this young Lapras was a result. He had yet to give it a nickname though. He needed to bond with it more.

In the bag also held a few changes of clothing, some snacks, a university textbook guide to identifying Pokémon and their weaknesses, camp-fire essentials, and his wallet. He had a few other knick-knacks in the bag, but mostly packed light to ensure he had room for souvenirs along the journey.

Interests and goals: Benny loves the outdoors and could spend days hiking along trails and adventuring into the gorgeous caves around Kanto. Despite wanting to travel Kanto and fulfill his father's dying wish of collecting all eight of Kanto's gym badges, Benny intends to stop along any scenic location and spend some time soaking in the beauty of Kanto.

His love of monkey and turtle Pokémon is a motivating factor in his journey as he seeks to gather as many of both kinds as possible, though he expects he will need to negotiate with foreign trainers to fulfill his ultimate wish.

Family: Benny grew up with his father, mother, sister, and his grandparents. Growing up, his father expressed his lifelong dream of beating all of Kanto's gyms and perhaps attempting the Elite Four. His father expressed some disappointment at having lost that dream, but always ensured his children that his life was exactly as he wanted it: with them. A fisherman at the harbor, his father was swept to sea during an extremely violent storm and his Pokéball containing Rillo was all that remained of his father once the storm subsided.

Benny's mother held strong for her children and his grandparents took care of many household necessities to assist his widowed mother. She was a strong influence on Benny and encouraged him leaving on an adventure that he had skipped to attend school and find a career to support them all. His sister had left the house around age 11 to attempt a Pokémon adventure of her own, but over the years, her time traveling abroad limited what contact the family had with her. Last they had heard, she was exploring Kalos.

His grandmother had passed soon after his father, but her chronic illness was expected and the family took advantage of their time with her by taking a trip to Hoenn to see the sights with her. She always loved it there and the trip gave her the last bit of satisfaction she could have dreamed of in life. Benny's grandfather took it well and became the pillar of support for the family, despite losing the woman he loved.

Strengths: Benny is an intelligent young man. He graduated from university with honors and was a constant success in classes ranging from mathematics to Pokémon biology and evolution courses. Despite this, he is still down-to-Earth and friendly to all he meets, spending little time judging others and openly accepting people, faults and all. He has some physical ability and thanks to his enjoyment of hiking, is sure-footed and able to scale some hills and walls with ease. This keeps him out of trouble (and in some cases, gets him into more trouble), but he often uses the skill to explore scenic locations. Thanks to living and working near the harbor, Benny is a world-class fisherman and cooks fish like a professional chef, even on his small camp-fire skillet. His prowess in the water keeps his belly full, and if not hungry, he's always up for a good battle with whatever he catches.

Weaknesses: Benny is quick to embarrass, turning bright red at a moment's notice. He is easily flustered and when threatened or upset, his voice quivers from the adrenaline. He can't control it and it makes him look weaker than he is. It also causes him to become flustered during battles and prevents him from properly executing attack requests to his Pokémon.

Benny is also known to make rash decisions, which usually results in him getting into sticky situations. This, coupled with his complete lack of financial forethought, leads him to having an empty wallet more often than a full one. Benny is also known for his poor sleeping habits and spends many nights in his thoughts, unable to drift to sleep.

Starter Pokémon:
Spr_2g_190.png

Rillo (Aipom)
Female ♀
Fling | Thunder Wave | Thunder | Power-Up Punch | Dream Eater | Low Sweep

Second Pokémon:
Spr_2g_131.png

Lapras (Lapras)
Female ♀
Water Pulse | Sing | Ice Beam | Giga Impact | Body Slam | Hydro Pump

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
^ but what is a monkey and what is a turtle? O_O hahaha

Can I get a quick update on people on Mt. Moon who had interacted with TR already? Like what did you make them do etc

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Spoiler:
Klipsterz, it looks good! A few things: you know you're allowed 6 moves, right? Also, do you think you could come up with some more weaknesses and strengths for him? Now he basically only has one major good quality (intelligence) and one major drawback (easily embarrassed). Try to picture him as a realistic person and see if you can come up with at least one more in each section that defines him to make him a more well rounded person :3

If you really don't feel like it's necessary though, your SU is still good enough to be accepted, haha. I'm just trying to help you getting a more enjoyable experience~

Can I get a quick update on people on Mt. Moon who had interacted with TR already? Like what did you make them do etc
Good call!

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
I'll get to fixing it in the morning. :) I had no idea you could do six moves, but that's great! And I will definitely expand on the STR/WKN stuff as well. Thanks for taking the time to let me know.

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'll get to fixing it in the morning. :) I had no idea you could do six moves, but that's great! And I will definitely expand on the STR/WKN stuff as well. Thanks for taking the time to let me know.
The opening post says 6 moves :p And a lot of other things. No worries! I don't like that our timezones match up so badly >.<

Years
Thanks for opening up sign-ups! Hopefully mine looks good so I can begin my journey. :)

Name: Benny Emmett

Hometown: Vermilion City

Appearance: A tall young man with brown, messy hair and freckles dotting his nose, Benny would be described as plain by some, attractive by others, and "funny looking" by a select few girls that had teased him all throughout their school years. He had some muscle definition, but only from working the docks and restaurant at the harbor. He had a calm look about him usually, but under pressure, his tense gaze gave away every thought he had. Despite this, anyone who knew Benny would tell you his smile was his best feature and those same girls that called him "funny looking" were often seen trying to coax smiles out of him before giggling like they were still eleven.

Benny is never seen without his letterman jacket for VCU (Vermilion City University), a white on blue jacket he earned on the tennis team with his name embroidered on the back with his number, 24. Under his letterman rests a white t-shirt with the logo of the harbor restaurant he worked at during his university years. It was a place full of fond memories for Benny and he wore the shirt with pride, despite many friends mocking him for it.

His jeans looked fresh and recently bought below the jacket because they were. His last pair had been tattered and dirty from years of serving stinky and dirty fishermen at the restaurant and his mother simply couldn't let him venture out without a good, new pair. Worst of all, the old pair smelled like Fried Magikarp. Yuck. Under those were new sneakers, blue on white, completing an outfit that screamed, "This guy's favorite color is blue!"

Benny's backpack was also new, but it was black and contained every possession left to him. His father's engraved Pokéball which held Benny's beloved Pokémon, Rillo, was attached and hanging on the outside of the bag. He had a second Pokéball attached to the clip, which held his first captured Pokémon, a young Lapras from the waters near his home. His grandfather had shown him how to capture a Pokémon before he left for Pewter City and this young Lapras was a result. He had yet to give it a nickname though. He needed to bond with it more.

In the bag also held a few changes of clothing, some snacks, a university textbook guide to identifying Pokémon and their weaknesses, and his wallet. He had a few other knick-knacks in the bag, but mostly packed light to ensure he had room for souvenirs along the journey.

Interests and goals: Benny loves the outdoors and could spend days hiking along trails and adventuring into the gorgeous caves around Kanto. Despite wanting to travel Kanto and fulfill his father's dying wish of collecting all eight of Kanto's gym badges, Benny intends to stop along any scenic location and spend some time soaking in the beauty of Kanto.

His love of monkey and turtle Pokémon is a motivating factor in his journey as he seeks to gather as many of both kinds as possible, though he expects he will need to negotiate with foreign trainers to fulfill his ultimate wish.

Family: Benny grew up with his father, mother, sister, and his grandparents. Growing up, his father expressed his lifelong dream of beating all of Kanto's gyms and perhaps attempting the Elite Four. His father expressed some disappointment at having lost that dream, but always ensured his children that his life was exactly as he wanted it: with them. A fisherman at the harbor, his father was swept to sea during an extremely violent storm and his Pokéball containing Rillo was all that remained of his father once the storm subsided.

Benny's mother held strong for her children and his grandparents took care of many household necessities to assist his widowed mother. She was a strong influence on Benny and encouraged him leaving on an adventure that he had skipped to attend school and find a career to support them all. His sister had left the house around age 11 to attempt a Pokémon adventure of her own, but over the years, her time traveling abroad limited what contact the family had with her. Last they had heard, she was exploring Kalos.

His grandmother had passed soon after his father, but her chronic illness was expected and the family took advantage of their time with her by taking a trip to Hoenn to see the sights with her. She always loved it there and the trip gave her the last bit of satisfaction she could have dreamed of in life. Benny's grandfather took it well and became the pillar of support for the family, despite losing the woman he loved.

Strengths: Benny is an intelligent young man. He graduated from university with honors and was a constant success in classes ranging from mathematics to Pokémon biology and evolution courses. Despite this, he is still down-to-Earth and friendly to all he meets, spending little time judging others and openly accepting people, faults and all.

Weaknesses: Benny is quick to embarrass, turning bright red at a moment's notice. He is easily flustered and when threatened or upset, his voice quivers from the adrenaline. He can't control it and it makes him look weaker than he is. It also causes him to become flustered during battles and prevents him from properly executing attack requests to his Pokémon.

Starter Pokémon:
Spr_2g_190.png

Rillo (Aipom)
Female ♀
Fling | Thunder Wave | Thunder | Power-Up Punch

Second Pokémon:
Spr_2g_131.png

Lapras (Lapras)
Female ♀
Water Pulse | Sing | Ice Beam | Giga Impact

Well now, another smart person character xD
I dare say a battle between Benny and Tasman would be interesting xD

Edit: For all those wondering, yes it was necessary to copy the whole post

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Well now, another smart person character xD
I dare say a battle between Benny and Tasman would be interesting xD

Edit: For all those wondering, yes it was necessary to copy the whole post

I look forward to a future battle! :)

The opening post says 6 moves :p And a lot of other things. No worries! I don't like that our timezones match up so badly >.<

Haha! I totally didn't notice that bit. :P Don't hate me. I fixed up the post: added more strengths and weaknesses, and finalized movesets. :)

And me either! It'd be so much easier if I lived in Norway. :>

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
I guess I'll just have TR harvesting rocks inside Mt. Moon. With this one, I think it doesn't go against anybody's post canonically. :)

Will have a post probably up on Friday. Will be out whole day tomorrow.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Hey, everyone, I'm still waiting for someone to come along and rescue Danica from a horde of wild Nidoran. She should be near the end of Route 3, so anyone who's nearby feel free to come by.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
If you want Omega, I can whip up a post for Damien to help Danica :p if nobody else is, that is. It will be up today as well, as soon as I get back from school

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm not sure when I'll feel like posting with Jara again. I'm rather comfortable just being the GM in Begin Again, perhaps, because that means I can focus on reading your posts and thinking up what's to come :3 Maybe I'll do that, for now.

I just want to say, by the way, that I am happily surprised by how well this has been going so far. You guys are fantastic players and I absolutely love all the ideas you have with Team Rocket and legendary pokémon and regular pokémon and everything. Thank you so much for being here! :D

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
Years
Posted. A slightly shorter one, but I'll cover the Gym battle in my next one (and give the Pikachu a nickname. I already know what it'll be, he just didn't remember he was supposed to name it yet.) I think I'm going to have Sigur bump into someone after the Gym battle for some interaction, if anyone's up for it.

Also, agreeing with Adventure that I really like reading people's posts as well.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
If you want Omega, I can whip up a post for Damien to help Danica :p if nobody else is, that is. It will be up today as well, as soon as I get back from school

Sure thing, as long as I don't get stuck and leave the poor girl to get killed horribly bruised by those Pokémon she hates so much.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Now that i remember (and almost completely forgot...) TR is pure evil not just an useless gang. If you remember, they consider Pokemon as tools and weapons. They might be using them for something...

Now lets close the TR problem for now to focus on different things (but me and oddball need to finish our Joint post(and everyone else) before we are truly sure that we can close this trouble)...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Sure thing, as long as I don't get stuck and leave the poor girl to get killed horribly bruised by those Pokémon she hates so much.

Okay, posted :) I let Damien sort of handle the Nidoran situation O.o Lemme know if you want me to change it or something, if Danica also wanted to help get rid of the Nidoran.

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
Years
@Gelius: As long as you don't completely get rid of them, because I was planning to do something involving TR in Mt. Moon as well. Then again, I could always just do that later on in Cerulean, since I'm already kind of behind on many others and all.

... Yeah, I think I'll actually have them cause trouble in Cerulean, maybe even as a result of being chased from Mt. Moon? Idk, I'll roll with whatever happens.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Okay, posted :) I let Damien sort of handle the Nidoran situation O.o Lemme know if you want me to change it or something, if Danica also wanted to help get rid of the Nidoran.

Okay. I'll read and make a post in a couple hours. It's really fricking hot where I live and after working all day I'm gonna take a well-deserved nap :P

Years
I'm not sure when I'll feel like posting with Jara again. I'm rather comfortable just being the GM in Begin Again, perhaps, because that means I can focus on reading your posts and thinking up what's to come :3 Maybe I'll do that, for now.

I just want to say, by the way, that I am happily surprised by how well this has been going so far. You guys are fantastic players and I absolutely love all the ideas you have with Team Rocket and legendary pokémon and regular pokémon and everything. Thank you so much for being here! :D

Yeah, we are pretty awesome.

Back