• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: PokéCommunity Team Hack-off: Sign-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
Years
  • PokéCommunity Team Hack-off

Introduction

Welcome to PokéCommunity's first official Team Hack-off! People may sign up, and will be assigned in teams. They will then have to make plans for a hack and work together for a month to prepare a playable release of their hack. The aim is to encourage people to form teams and work together, instead of starting to work solo on their hacks and giving up in the process. So if you're looking for a team to make a hack, you should sign up!

Schedule

• Sign ups (Feb 1 - Feb 15): Members may sign up and will be assigned to teams. The size and number of teams will depend on the number of the participants.
    • Hacking (Feb 15 - Mar 15): The assigned teams will then get started on the hacks. They will have to make a plan with the story and features of the hack, and then get started. Teams can work together on IM clients such as Skype in group conversations, or can have their own IRC room. A thread will be posted where all teams may post updates while they work.
    • Voting (Mar 15 - Mar 31): After the 15th of March, the teams will have to submit a playable release of their hack, with a length of preferably one or two gyms. With the help of the ROM hacking moderators, the best 3 will be chosen, and there will be a poll where the members can choose the best one.

How to sign up

If you want to join, simply fill in this application form and post it here!
    Username/name: your username and your real name or nickname
    Preferred contact method: it could be the forums, IRC, Skype, or any other messaging client
    Skills: any ROM hacking skills you have, or Story Writing and Development skills
    Experience: how experienced you are on each of your skills listed above (on a scale from 1-10)

If you have any questions, feel free to post in here and ask, or just message either me or Christos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • Username/name: My Name is Ian but, You can call me TheRealOCD
    Preferred contact method: VM/PM
    Skills: Mapping
    Experience: Mapping - 6/10 {XD}

Years
  • Username: NewDenverCity. People usually just call me Denver though. Doesn't really matter to me.
    Contact method: Skype. angelslanding22
    Skills: Scripting, pure hex coding, story telling, OW spriting. Everything except story telling is for Gen 3.
    Experience: Scripting; 6. I wouldn't call myself the best but I'm a bit above what people expect of me. Hex coding; 8. I'm making a resource and making scripts with it. Haven't tried expanding any tables besides ones that other people have already done though. OW Spriting; 3. I've made a small handful, and in my opinion they're not bad. Story telling; 9. I've written nuzlocke stories, made some Twitch Plays Pokémon lore, and have taken many courses on how to write a book, as well as have a half finished book.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • Username: DrFuji
    Preferred contact method: Skype. My information is on my profile.
    Skills/ Experience: Scripting - 10, Mapping - 10, ASM - 2, Graphics insertion - 9

Years
  • Username: hihohilton
    Preferred contact method: PM/VM, Skype, email or FB. Infos on profile
    Skills: Pokemon Editing - 7, Mapping - 6, Ideas - 7

Last edited:

Salvation

To be saved.
    Years
  • Username: Thoughts
    Preferred contact method: Forum VM/PM, Skype, PC Battle Server
    Skills: Mapping (1/10), Ideas (1/10)

trenhoj

The Pikadex Gym leader and shiny hunter
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2019
    Username: trenhoj
    Preferred contact method: email
    Skills: ideas and beta testing

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Username: Joexv
    Preferred contact method: Skype. chao5cow
    Skills/ Experience: Scripting - 9, Mapping - 9, Graphics insertion - 10

Years
  • Username: giradialkia/Gira/Eoin
    Preferred contact method: I guess here, via PM. If there's need for a group conversation I can provide my Skype too.
    Skills: Negligible. Lol. I can make music for hacks I'd give myself a solid 8. I can insert tiles, another 8, I can map reasonably well, probably 6 or 7. And perhaps the least specific to rom-hacking, I'd happily help with the story (let's say 7 or 8). EDIT: As far as experience goes, I did the custom music (or at least most of it) for Pokémon Sienna, and a song for Pokémon Dark Violet. Both cases were a significant while ago, but I've only gotten better (if mildly so), to be fair.

Last edited:

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • Username/name : Ruki Makino (I think)
    Preferred contact method : PM or skype
    Skills: Scripting 8/ Wpriting&Tiling 6/ Gfx inserction 10/ Mapping 1 :c
    Experience: maybe 7/10

Roboblob

Jod St. August
    Years
  • Username/Name: Roboblob/Jod. Jod is just a personal nickname.
    Preferred contact method: Either my Tumblr (paperhatboy) or my Skype (pineapplelivin)
    Skills: Story Writing. Maybe human sprite editing.
    Experience: 7/10 in story writing. 5/10 in sprite editing due to the fact I haven't done it in a while.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I'm a bit wary of entering this, because I really hope the teams don't come down to being one experienced hacker grouped with a bunch of beginners, and thus being forced to do all the work...

Username/name: Hopeless Masquerade
    Preferred contact method: VM/PM, although I could do Skype too.
    Skills/Experience: Scripting (10/10), Mapping (5/10), Tile Insertion (10/10), Graphics Insertion (10/10), ASM (3/10), Music Insertion (7/10).

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Username: DyingWillFlareon, anything you want from that username as I've been called Flare and Will.
    Preffered method of contact: Really only this website. :/ VMs or maybe PMs from here.
    Skills: Mapping, Storyline.
    Ratings:
    Maping-7 or 8. I don't know how to insert tilesets.
    Storylines- a solid 9, I can give multiple options for different scenarios.
    Messing with Pokemon in an editor- I've only messed with Unown and Marill's lines before but nothing went wrong so I guess 9 or 10?

I hope I dkn't regret this for some reason....

Last edited:

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    USERNAME: Bill Cipher
    Contact Methods: VM/PM But I would prefer skype though.
    Skills/Experience: Scripting: 6/10 Tile Insertion 10/10 Music Insertion 8.5/10 Mapping 10/10

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
    Years
  • Username/Name: BlackStorm20x (BlackStorm)
    Preferred contact method: Skype: yoyophoenix1963 (preferred) or PM on PokeCommunity
    Skills/Experience: Pokemon Editing (Stats, Battle Sprites, Icon Sprites, PokeDex Entry, etc.) 10/10

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Well, I hope this works as much as other hackers would.

Username/name
    : Sniper
    Preferred contact method: IRC here or I guess here. Skype works too.
    Skills: Mapping, tile insertion, story writing, titlescreen insertion, scripting
    Experience: All of it are around 9.5/10 but story writing and scripting is around 8/10.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Username/name: Logical Cabbage
    Preferred contact method: Via Email or VM/PM
    Skills: Mapping-7
    Scripting-4
    Tile Creator/Inserter-7

PoK3Matr1x

A ROM Hackerino ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
  • Username/name: Username: Pok3Matr1x - Real Name: Cole
    Preferred contact method: IRC
    Skills: Hex, Music, Hacking the available Pokemon (like adding Unova pokemon), Graphics, Glitch Fixing, Misc features and basic tools
    Experience: Hex (basic) - 4/10, Music - 7/10, Pokemon Editing - 9/10, GFX - 6.5/10, Glitch Fixing - 3/10, Misc Feature Adding and Using basic tools - 8.5/10

manadhon

RTX-008L
    Years
  • I need to get back into the hacking funk, so here goes:

Username/name: I go by Manadhon here, but feel free to call me Javier
    Preferred contact method: PM/VM, or find me on Skype (same username)
    Skills/Experience: Scripting (9/10), Hex editing (7/10), Music insertion (9/10), (wacky) Story ideas (10/10)

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Username/name: FBI
    Preferred contact method: PM/VMs, skype if I like you :D
    Skills: ASM, Scripting, mapping, uhhh more smaller stuff
    Experience: ASM Brown belt, scripting guru, mapping pretty decent imo

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back