• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Ashes to Ashes~

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Screen+shot+2013-03-06+at+10.45.46+PM.png

The Volcanic Ash かざんばい & Items

So, a pretty cool feature in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald is that in Route 113 and the Jagged Pass, you can collect Volcanic Ash from a Soot Sack that you receive from the Glass Workshop in Route 113 in order to create some nifty items! All you gotta do is just walk over the grass that appears to be grayish, and then it will turn green signalling that you've collected the volcanic ash from that specific patch of grass. Anywho, like said, based on the number of grass with Volcanic ash you collect, you can get items!

Bag_Blue_Flute_Sprite.png

Blue Flute
250 steps

Bag_Red_Flute_Sprite.png

Red Flute
500 steps

Bag_Yellow_Flute_Sprite.png

Yellow Flute
500 steps

Bag_Black_Flute_Sprite.png

Black Flute
1000 steps

Bag_White_Flute_Sprite.png

White Flute
1000 steps

PrettyChairSprite.png

Pretty Chair
6000 steps

PrettyDeskSprite.png

Pretty Desk
8000 steps

Topics you can discuss:
• Have you took advantage of this feature?
• What sorts of items did you try to get from the Volcanic ash?
• How long did it take you to get these items?
• Do you feel that more items could of been available? If so, what?
• If you haven't collected volcanic ash for items, why haven't you?
• If you have any other thoughts, share em' here!

xboxmandude

Rom Hacker
Years
Yeah... I didn't bother with this much....
Reason....
"Ain't Nobody Got Time For That"
images

I did get two flutes though

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
It takes too long for not very useful items, with exception of the blue flute. That one can really come in handy and it doesn't take too long either. I mostly keep collecting until I have enough for that flute and then stop collecting ashes. The routes on which the ash lies don't have much purpose for visiting.

Years
Yeah, I wasn't much a fan of this either. Although it was okay being able to get some of them that helped in battle, as well as Secret Base decorations. But for the most part it wasn't anything that exciting. The remakes make it even worse, though, as you had to get them in singular piles of soot.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
I was a big fan of the ash thing... Not really, but the glass furniture was so pretty that I spent a long time walking back and forth the ash just to grab them. I don't really want to recall how long I had to walk through the soot, nor how bored I was at Route 113's music. But hey, the end results was great, since the two glass furniture goes along really well with the Glass Ornament I got from the curator.

Too bad they changed it in ORAS. I've been cycling through the piles of soot all day and I still only got half the soot I need for the Pretty Chair. Moreover, it's now completely randomized, unlike RSE's walk-and-collect style where you could count the amount of steps you need to get the items.

Years
I hoarded tons of ashes and bought these items only never to use them, hahaha. Flutes were nice and fun for collecting plus re-usable but I always found myself using items like Full Heals anyway simply out of being too used to that. @_@; The Secret Base items were nice for decorating but they didn't last very long in my base, lol. Was definitely a fun little side quest though, especially for my RSE-obsessed younger self.

Sirfetch’d

I never was a huge fan of this actually. I did it a few times and mostly bought the expensive stuff because it made me feel awesome and I LOVE the desk haha <3 It was a cool idea though! I just never had the time to do this little side quest because I was busy with all of the other amazing RSE features :D

Years
I remember when I used to enjoy the ash collecting! In my old Ruby I managed to get all the flutes and the glass furniture and I recall using the flutes at times, and they never get consumed so they are very handy.

I was a bit pissed at how OR/AS changed up the collection process, because you have to walk through ash piles and the amount of ash collected was completely random meaning you would likely have to talk to the man in the house before you know how much more ash you need to get certain items. The original games definitely handled it better, because you could just collect ash as you walked through the grass so this was probably one feature I preferred the originals for.

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
Years
I only used this feature of the game for one thing - for the Pretty Desk, haha. Although repetitive, I did find a way to multitask and had a party of Eggs with me at the time. :)

Years
They kinda made a mistake by putting Pokemon there. It would take me too much time to actually get anything, so I didnt really bother with it. Ash itself was fun. :D

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I love collecting ashes while hatching Eggs in Emerald. As a result I rewarded myself with the Pretty Desk and Pretty Chair. ^^

Back