• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Titans: A Superhero RP (T) (OOC/SU)

For the next story arc, would you be prefer your character to be part of a 3-4 person hero squad?

• No, I'd rather not.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm busy now, maybe at a later time.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
Years
  • Awesome! She's gonna be so much fun to play as.

I'm wondering something though: when I design SU sheets, I nowadays have "weaknesses" and "strengths" instead of a personality section. I can't help but write some power-related weaknesses into the power section instead, and some personal strengths into the personality section. What kind of traits is it you'd like to see categorized under weaknesses and strengths? Stuff like "nice, fun, creative" or rather stuff like "has only one leg, is allergic to rhubarb, can't read" kinda?

Sorry if my question is confusing in itself.

I suppose I should thank you for bringing this up, as it is rather confusing to be honest.

The strengths and weakness' category of the SU is meant to contain any information about your character that potentially makes them better/worse at what they do. These could be physical traits, character traits, or a combination of the two.

For example, if you're character has to use their legs to get around (like most of us do) then having one leg would be a weakness, since it would inhibit their mobility, therefore decreasing their effectiveness at stopping crime. This would not be a weakness, however, if said character could fly, had a cyborg leg replacement, or had a rocket wheelchair.

An allergy to rhubarb, on the other hand, is a great example of something that wouldn't qualify as a weakness. Unless your character is Vegetable Man, you wouldn't really come across rhubarb that often, making the negative effects of this quality negligible.

Alternatively, being creative could be a viable strength. Like I have stated before, one of Binary's talents is using his knowledge of technology to create gadgets and weapons for him to utilize. For him, being creative is a big deal, since it allows him to use his powers in outside-the-box ways. However, to a super-strong character, creativity would probably only be part of their personality, since it wouldn't really lend anything to the way they act as a superhero.

Basically it all comes down to this question: Does this quality make my superhero's job easier or harder at the end of the day?

Does that make any sense?

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • I'll poke with a reserve, but if I don't show ANY progress by let's say Sunday, consider my spot open to someone else. I have a few ideas, but I can't put anything to paper for the character yet. All I know is I would like Super Speed as my power so no one else takes it.

GreyBidoof

Years
  • I'll poke with a reserve, but if I don't show ANY progress by let's say Sunday, consider my spot open to someone else. I have a few ideas, but I can't put anything to paper for the character yet. All I know is I would like Super Speed as my power so no one else takes it.

Reserved!

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Okay, here we go! SU, awaaaay! Let me know if I need to change anything!

Name: Quantum (She has no 'street name', due to her powers. See below for more info.)

Age: Unknown, even by herself. You could guess she's around her mid-twenties though.

Appearance: Quantum is made up of pure, purple-pink energy, but is still in the form of a human woman around her mid-twenties. Somehow, whenever she speaks, her voice seems to have a vibrant tone, but it has no real impact on her speech patterns, or how audible she is. Despite being made up of energy, she still has a defined human form, hands, fingers, feet, and even a concentration of energy in certain places such as her eyes, nose and mouth. She claims the form comes naturally to her, though supposedly she'd be able to simply form into whatever she'd want due to being made out of energy. But for reasons specified later, she both doesn't, and can't.

Attire: Due to being made up entirely of energy, Quantum is unable to take –proper- human form, with skin and all. She's forced to wear a 'skin'-tight rubber/latex suit to prevent her energy-form to violently expand and… well, blow up herself and everything around her. When she's at home and relaxing, she'll only be wearing the 'Inner Suit', as it's been dubbed, which is as close to looking normal as she'll ever get.

Spoiler:

Her 'Outer Suit' is an armored, technological wonder, which she's able to enter to protect the much more fragile Inner Suit from tearing. It's made up of a strange, almost alien metal, which is extremely resistant to attacks and will only rarely break apart. It's a sleek black and silver look with purple neon-like lights, which is her own energy powering the suit.

On her palms and under her feet are a specific set of a circle within a ring, which she's able to concentrate her energy into, in order to shoot out beams or blasts of energy, which will scorch and blast away whatever she targets. The Outer Suit also augments her already fairly formidable strength, making her able to punch through solid concrete and lift extremely heavy objects.

Spoiler:

Personality: Quantum is eager to prove herself to others, knowing that she has nowhere else in the world where she could fit in, she tries to make every single thing she does in regards to crime-fighting count. However, exactly because she could not fit in anywhere else, she's also very worried of failing, which makes her very uncertain, awkward or even outright shy around other super-powered people.

On her own though, she's eager and headstrong, willing to jump into dangerous situations in order to protect and defend. To her, life is precious, and a normal life is something that she knows she could never have, which is why she strives to protect those who don't know how lucky they are.

Powers/abilities/weapons/etc: Being made of pure energy has both its perks and downsides. On one hand, she's able to fly and shoot beams and blasts of energy from various parts of her suits, as well as having increased strength, which is further augmented by her suit. Said suit and due to her being made of energy, she's also able to take quite a few hits. She still feels pain, which is a mystery as to why, even for her, but she can take quite a few hits before going down.

On the other hand, if her inner suit starts rupturing, she needs to concentrate deeply in order to control the energy that's making up her form. If the tears become to large or too many, or she loses concentration, her energy will unleash itself, violently expanding and exploding, taking both Quantum and a larger chunk of wherever she is with her.

Strengths:
    • She's headstrong, willing to charge into dangerous situations to save her allies, or innocents.
    • Being made of pure energy makes her more durable (at least in her Outer Suit), and also negates the need for eating, bathroom breaks, etc.

Weaknesses:
    • Due to her at times rash decision-making, she occasionally ends up in sticky situations, where she needs help to get out of.
    • Despite not having a need to eat or go to the bathroom, she still finds that she needs at least as much sleep as a normal person.
    • Since she's made of energy, her body is –incredibly- unstable. If her Inner Suit starts rupturing, she has to retreat quickly in order to get it fixed and not destroy herself and those around her.

Origin Story (history): Quantum has no memory of who or even –what- she is, prior to being found by her friend, Doctor Mengsk. According to him, he found her out in a field in the Outlands in a weird, alien-like metallic pod. A being of pure energy in the shape of a woman. He managed to bring the pod back to his lab in Mount Cedar.

When she woke up, she was panicked. She had no idea who or where she was or how she'd gotten there. After calming her down, the doctor managed to convince her that he was a friend, and set to work on creating a suit that would allow her to exit the pod without hurting anyone.

Once they had managed to put her in the suit and she exited the pod, the two started trying to figure out just exactly who and what she was. She had no memories of her past or even her name, but she did know basic things like language, being polite, everything that makes us human. Due to her not knowing her own name, the doctor decided to suggest one befitting of her less-than-normal nature, which she adored; Quantum.

As time went on, they began doing tests, figuring out that she was able to fly, emit laser-like blasts and beams of energy, which made Mengsk alter her suit to have a couple of special, thinner patches of the material around her palms, feet and chest, which would allow her to emit these energies, without destroying the suit.

After a couple accidents where her Inner Suit was slightly torn, and a good deal of damage was sustained on the underground lab, the doctor created the Outer Suit from the remains of her pod, which allowed her to move about without fear of her Inner Suit tearing.

For about a year now, she's been living in the lab, unable to go outside, of fear of the government trying to capture her, believing her an alien, or something worse. She tried to help the doctor, but she wasn't very tech-minded, other than working with a computer, which she picked up a bit on, so she stuck to mostly carrying around things for him and doing heavy lifting, while still performing some tests for him.

Now, however, somehow the Champions managed to send a message to Mengsk's computer, asking for Quantum's assistance with something. It took a lot of convincing from Quantum's side, but she managed to talk Mengsk into letting her go and try to help out. Hopefully, she could live up to the expectations of one of the Heroes of Hyperia.

Any other notes about your character: If anyone's unsure about a certain aspect about Quantum, feel free to ask me!

Roleplay Sample: Here's a sample of a joined post I did with Carnivore Chie for the RP Crossroads: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8613015&postcount=159 (My character is Christina!)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Could i join? This would be my first roleplay thread/ post ( I'm really new here). Anyways if you do consider me, my character would be:

Name: Neth Drape

Appearance: 5'7", Tanned Skin, Black hair, brown Eyes, athletic build, AMAZING teeth.

Attire: A black track jacket, blue jeans and black running shoes.

Costume: a paper mache' batman mask

Powers: post-cognition. This would be like seeing into the future, but instead seeing into the past. He would be able to know the past of something or someone instantly just by making contact with it. For example: touching a hamburger, he would be able to see what cow the meat came from, where the vegetables were harvested, who harvested the vegetables etc...

Strengths: Extreme confidence in his ability to do things. Athletic, well-educated. very forgiving. Cares too much for family and friends.
    Weaknesses: Extreme confidence in his ability to do things., easily persuaded, very forgiving, even with his powers, he still is a human with human abilities. SO he can't keep up with heroes such as ones with super-speed or super-strength. Cares too much for family and friends.

Background: Raised as an only child in a suburban neighborhood, Neth had a relatively normal childhood. Then one day as he was taking his morning jog, he was shot in the head. Neth was then rushed into the hospital where they were able to save him, but he was in a comatose state. When a nurse came in to check up on him, she touched his forehead and he instantly saw that she just finished making out with another nurse. He was awakened by this"wet dream" he thought he had. Then the rest is still in the works.

Personality: Neth had always wanted to be a real hero, and always had a strong sense of justice. He even has aspirations to one day be a police detective. He has a cheery demeanor and is usually the first to volunteer. He has had a very normal upbringing so he doesn't carry much emotional baggage. Therefore, he can't really understand when people become sad about parents, money, or anything else. Which makes him seem like a douchebag some of the time.

I know the character has some holes, but i can fix them.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023

Name: James Abney A.K.A. Smiley

Appearance:
    General look: James is a man of mediocre size. He's 5'9", and has defined muscles, but he has no superman physique. He has short brown hair, which he combs backwards. It's getting thinner on the top.

Battle Attire: James prefers to wear suits, and in his day to day live he wears a business suit most of the time. At home he wears a blouse, tucked into his blue jeans.
    In battle James put on a yellow mask with a smiley face on the front, and puts on a bowler hat. He wears a white blues, with a blazer over it, with a jacket over it, and wears trousers. Most of clothing is padded with Kevlar. He always has an umbrella with him.

Reference Images:

Spoiler:

Personality: James is a very strict man. He likes to keep to schedules, and does not get distracted. He has a strong moral compass, but he is not afraid to do damage. He's very professional and hard working in everything he does. He tries to stay calm in every situation, although this may not always work out. He tries to civil, and when he gets out in the field he really turns the English gentleman act up another notch.
    James is kind and caring to his surroundings, but knows when he needs to be harsh.

Powers/abilities/weapons/etc:
    Multiply: James's ability is to create exact copies of himself. James retains in control of all his bodies at the same time, and they share memories and thoughts. There is no individualism between them. The copies can speak with each other and speed up the thought process in that way. Everybody does have its own needs, and they take over the exact current situation of the version they are a copy of. James can split itself up in 10 copies at most, which means there can be ten Smileys at any time, maximum. When a copy dies, however, it goes up in dust, and James can create a new one. James doesn't necessarily have an original body, as all of them are equal in strength and his conciseness is shared between all of them. If the last copy of James dies however, the body doesn't disappear. The powers also copies the clothing he's wearing and the weapons he's holding, although they go up in dust if they lose contact with any of the james's, unless it is the last copy of the object.

No aging: James doesn't physically age. Combined with his multiplying power he's very hard to kill.

Umbrella: James uses his modified Umbrella as a weapon. It's meant not to break, and can be used to deliver strong blows in combat. It's made of a strong steel, but it's not unbreakable.

Weaknesses:
    Lack of top physical qualities: Although James is hard to kill, and can fight for a long time because of his powers, he has trouble taking down bulky opponents. James's strength is on par with someone who goes to the gym. He also isn't immensely fast, and although he puts down a nice time on the hundred meters, Usain Bolt would still outrun him with ease. He's more on par with James Bond than with Captain America when it comes to physical feats.

Non lethal attacks: When James's copies die, he can just make a new one, as they stop existing. As long as he keeps one of his copies out of harms way, he can just send new copies out, but if someone only incapacitates them, he is in a way worse situation, as he can't regenerate.

Mind Control: James is very weak to mind control, as all of his copies share a consciousness. Only one has to go through the mind control procedure, and the rest will be too.

Distance: copies can't go big distances from Smiley. Once a clone is 70 miles away from the others, it loses contact, and will go up in dust.

Origin Story: James was a British Spy, working for The Technical Everyday Anti-supervillain agency (or TEA for short), an organization that sound out unpowered humans to battle low-level super powered individuals. He was tasked in taking down the organization of a starting out super villain that was planning to clone the British prime minister and use this clone to take over the country. James and a spy buddy had to take down the operation and capture the villain. When they arrived at the heart of the operation, his partner crossed him however, and they got the best of him. In the struggle James managed to kill the villain, but got hit by a syringe in which the formula for full-body cloning was. The contents of the syringe entered James's body and he felt his body change as it starting to split up. His now ex-partner fled the scene, leaving James to deal with his changing body. He asked for backup, and the TEA agents came to extract James as soon as possible. At the headquarters, they tried to remove the formula from his body, but the extraction went wrong. Merely being able to stop the cloning process, James got a superpower instead. The agency fired him shortly after, as they weren't to keen on superpowers. They did got him immigration papers to America, where he could start a new life, with less risk of interfering with TEA again.
    His get-up came from the idea of his spy background, and his love for the 60's image of British spies, in shows like The Avengers, and inspired him to go with the bowler hat/umbrella get up. Knowing that he wanted to keep his identity safe, so he can also live a normal life, he chose to also done a mask, which he customized with a smiley on the front side.

Any other notes about your character: I made him very strong when it comes to surviving hard battles, but his only way to deal big damage is by a death by a thousand cuts technique and trying to overwhelm the enemy. This power makes him best for utility, although he could also be very useful in combat situations, as long he doesn't have to deal direct damage. I am, however, debating if 10 copies might be a little too strong, so I might change that when it is OP in comparison to the other powers. Also, maybe the backstory is a bit cheasy? I dunno :/

Roleplay Sample: Emmett from Gunpowder

Last edited:

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Blargh, finally done with the SU, praise Blarzigord. I'll put it up very soon, I just sent it to aquataris so I can incorporate his character's story into mine.

Years
  • I have all the elements I need for my SU, it will just be a day or two before I can put it together. I'm using this picture for his true appearance though.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • As much as I wanted create a Vegetable Man with an allergy to rhubarb, I had to contain my excitement.

Please tell me if you feel she's overpowered, I tried to make her as balanced as possible.

34d076b218.jpg

Nerites Ekitai

Name: Nerites Ekitai, child of the Ocean, A.K.A. Torrent

Appearance and Attire:

Just like the tides of an ocean, Nerites' attire changes constantly depending on the time period and society she is in. Her corporeal form always appears to be that of a tanned, dark-haired, average-height Greek woman. Her attire in Hyperia is of any common citizen - black shirt with a blue hoodie, a regular pair of jeans, and brown boots.

Personality:

Born to protect, judge and aid people, Nerites is kind and forgiving. using her power to help people in even the most petty of situations, her main aim in her travels is to help humans. She normally avoids verbal contact, as her voice has an echoey sound similar to the crashing of waves. However under her kind, caring, calm face hides a constant feeling of dread and worry that she will soon perish like the rest of her kind.

exo_m_xiumin_ice_logo_by_jinsuke04-d4yh5on.png
    exo_k_suho_water_logo_by_jinsuke04-d4yh5x2.png
    exo_k_sehun_wind_logo_by_jinsuke04-d4yh5xz.png

Powers/abilities/weapons/etc:

1. Metamorphosis:

• Evaporation - If it is hot enough, Nerites can evaporate, turning into a humanoid cloud of steam. This is used mostly for utility and escape.
      • Liquidify/Condensing/Melting - Nerites' human body dissipates and turns into liquid water. If she is in another form, this takes Nerites back to her original liquid water form. This is her most common form and she uses it for most fighting scenarios.
      • Freezing - If it is cold enough, Nerites can solidify her body when it is in liquid form to turn it into ice, increasing her durability, and defense. Unfortunately, she is much slower in this state, and cannot extend her body's length. This is used mostly for brute force or when defending allies/locations.

2. Form-exlusive abilities:

Steam:

• Flight - Albeit not very fast, Nerites is light enough in this form to reach cloud height.
      • Physical Invulnerability - Being made of gas, Nerites cannot be hit with any physical weapon or object. The opposite applies too - unless she solidifies/condenses herself, she cannot touch anything physical.

Water:

• Limb and Body Extention - In this form, Nerites can increase the size and/or length of her body, depending on her current level of power. In water, she can grow to a tremendous size.
      • Limb detachment - Nerites may hurl part of her watery body for ranged attack. The body part takes a few moments to regenerate, however.

Ice:

• High Durability - In this form, Nerites' body is solid and hard, increading her physical durabilty and endurance.
      • Stalagtite Throw - An ice variation of limb detachment. Large stalactites are thrown at enemies like spears for ranged attack.

3. Other Powers:

• Control over the tides
      • Minor control over sea storms
      • Travelling long distances by merging with the sea

Strengths:

Durability (ice), agility (steam), versatility as she can change form. She can also speak multiple languages, becoming more fluent in the one of te area she is in.

Weaknesses:

Electricity, water pollution, and any form of magic whatsoever (she is still weak compared to her previous days, and any character with magical abilities can incapacitate her easily). She is also quite narrow-minded, only doing her duty by instinct - almost like a robot or an animal, which strongly determines how much of her power she actually uses. Staying too far away from the ocean for too long also weakens her powers.

Origin Story:

IZDsiwY.png
    They say gods cannot die, they say the immortal cannot be defeated. The story of Nerites, 74th protector of the ocean, tells otherwise.

Just like every other being of her nature, Nerites has existed since the beginning of creation. However, her consciousness began in the uprising of the greatest society of all - the Greek empire. As gods who had been waiting for their uprising began to thrive and gain power, she watched. She was eventually given a responsibility - guard the ocean, and be part of the 150 Neries.

Nerites was given a section of the ocean to guard - the Upper Atlantic, part of which included what is now Liberty Bay. Her responsibility was to aid ships of good sailors across the ocean, and destroy the vessels of sinners, blasphemers and criminals. She was to keep peace in the islands she guarded, both with men and the dangerous creatures lurking in the water and sky.

Dutifully, for thousands of years, Nerites did her job. Being a minor deity did not bother her - she was happy as long as she kept the peace. She was allowed to come into contact with other Neries once a year, and they discussed their achievements and duties. She loved her siblings very much - despite rarely ever meeting them. Yes, life was good for Nerites.

However, as all empires do, the Greeks began to crumble, both within and without. Heresy, new cultures, new gods had begun to emerge. Year by year, less Neries appeared the annual meeting. First one, then two, then ten, then twenty, then a hundred. Eventually, there were only ten Neries remaining.

Weak, overthrown, and powerless, the protectors of the ocean awaited their death. When a god is forgotten, and is no longer worshiped, its existence ceases to have a meaning. It slowly dissipates, disappears from history as it does from people's minds. Nerites watched as every one of her siblings suffered this fate. All, except her.

No longer confined to her domain of responsibility, Nerites began travelling the world, watching it as it grew. Nerites' first attempts to interact with humans were her trying to destroy human development, in hope that it would restore the old empire and bring back the old gods - tsunamis, floods, storms, day after day she struck the cities.

Over time, however, Nerites began growing fond of the humans. They were tireless, dedicated, to make development. Eventually, she learned to embrace change - just like the humans accepted the shifting tide. She traveled the world, helping societies thrive in whatever ways the ocean could. All the while, she has been searching for the reason why she has not perished like her siblings yet.

Fast-forward to the current time setting. Nerites, travelling across the world, is currently staying in Hyperia city. Like any other diety, she is able to take a corporeal form of a young female human, and is seen as such bu normal people. She often wanders around the city, assisting people in their daily lives, and controlling the direction of the ocean. However, one worry still plagues her mind. When will Nerites suffer the fate of the other 149 Neries? For sooner or later, she will dissipate into nothingness, become an nonexistent fragment of a dead past.

Yes, gods can die.

Any other notes about your character:

A small snippet of Nerites' relationship with Aquataris' character, Alex.

Spoiler:

Roleplay Sample:

I did a JP with some n00b called GreyBidoofus on Gunpowder but he sucks too much so I can't put it on here. You're the best GM tho ;)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Okay yeah, I'll reserve a spot in this if that's possible. I'm either going to take darkness and/or fire as my element or just copy paste my SAS character sheet.

Also would it be possible to have a sidekick? I'm leaning towards just cp my character from my SAS game but he has a daughter that serves as a sidekick. Just wondering if that'd be alright.

Edit: Done

Spoiler:

Last edited:

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • I've posted my character SU
    No offense to others, don't make intentional rivals or copycats, that's a bit bland and over used already.

Okay yeah, I'll reserve a spot in this if that's possible. I'm either going to take darkness and/or fire as my element or just copy paste my SAS character sheet.

Also would it be possible to have a sidekick? I'm leaning towards just cp my character from my SAS game but he has a daughter that serves as a sidekick. Just wondering if that'd be alright.
    You have to think though, does your superhero have had time to be Pregnant? It's not smart nor pratical to be in life threatening situations to be carrying a baby, and have to raise that child. Oh woops... I read your character as a she. Anyway you still have to raise her,

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I've posted my character SU
    No offense to others, don't make intentional rivals or copycats, that's a bit bland and over used already.

You have to think though, does your superhero have had time to be Pregnant? It's not smart nor pratical to be in life threatening situations to be carrying a baby, and have to raise that child. Oh woops... I read your character as a she. Anyway you still have to raise her,

The way I had it is my super was a wandering hero type. He never really stayed anywhere more than a year, and his daughter was already 6 before he started doing hero type stuff because that was about the time he found out she also had powers and it made him not be totally useless.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I've posted my character SU
    No offense to others, don't make intentional rivals or copycats, that's a bit bland and over used

There are cliches, but I don't think they are necesarily bland. Clichés can be fun to use, because the reader has certain expectations, and you get to play around with those. I think there still is creative story telling in those.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • There are cliches, but I don't think they are necesarily bland. Clichés can be fun to use, because the reader has certain expectations, and you get to play around with those. I think there still is creative story telling in those.
    I don't mind clichés but I have most of this set out with Fox and fox has a kinda link with Sir Bastion.
    Unless you are talking about the SU, then I agree, entirely.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years

• >> Name : Alexander "Alex" Smith [Axel]

>> Age : 26

>> Appearance : Many times has Alex been told he was "blessed with good looks". Something he certainly agrees with on the rare occasions he glances at the mirror. Standing at 5'7" and weighing around 135 pounds, he isn't particularly muscular or bulky like some of the guys in the gym he frequents. His straight hair, that he absolutely loves to style and dye, is currently mid-length and blonde. Which some people say go well with his light skin. To top it off, Alex rocks two different colored eyes, the right eye being blue and the left, which resulted from an uncontrollable eruption of his ability, deep brown.

>> Attire : Alex is a man with simple and quite plain tastes. Although his constant hair styling could have suggested he was one with a great taste and deep liking for fashion, his wardrobe valiantly screams the opposite. In fact, it is mostly made of v-neck plain shirts of various colors and you might the chance to stumble upon his few bands' shirts. He also has a particular liking for shorts, skinny jeans and sneakers which is worth mentioning.
    Since he obviously lacks any kind of creativity and the necessary energy to create an outfit from scratch, he simply uses a very accurate Hawkeye outfit he had bought to cosplay.

>> Personality : The emotions and personality of Alex can fluctuate between two distinct states due to his incident. First up, his normal behavior. By default, he is a very friendly and caring individual, always up to meeting new people and going into amusing pranks and hijinks. He loves to talk and once he starts his rambling, there is little you can do to stop him from going on. Very rarely do you see Alex being serious as he always tries and find a way to lighten the atmosphere up with jokes, even when the time calls for seriousness. Although some might think he's hot-headed, Alex usually thinks through things a bit before acting, even if he doesn't linger much on it. Bragging isn't something he likes to see so he has a deep disliking for arrogant people, those that love acting all superior towards the others.
    His second persona, however, is the opposite of his normal state. It is impossible for himself to decide whether or not to enter this state. It just happens at random frequencies, over which he has no control either. Alex becomes a very irascible man, troubled by the presence of other living beings, bar a very select few, and pretty much rash and unreasonable. This side of him doesn't waste time in thinking, he just acts and violently at that.

>> Powers/abilities/weapons/etc :
    > Animal Morphing : The ability to transform into a desired animal. Due to his special and unique genetic nature, Alex can transform into any existing animal on this planet but only on the condition that he absorbs their DNA first by getting their blood or their cells in his organism by any possible means. From there on, their genetic structures fuse with his and he is free to transform into them whenever pleases him. So far, his only possible transformation is a grizzly bear. It is to be noted that he can still keep a human body stature with his transformation or choose to completely transform into the animal. As example, if he only partially transforms into the bear, his body will be covered in fur, grow bigger, his nails growing into claws and his teeth sharpening but he will still walk on his two feet, etc... An ability that allows him to survive in various environments(sea, etc...)

> Axel can also transform various parts of his body into those of animals. For example, he could grow wings to fly such as a bird while keeping the rest of his body intact. On the long term, he might be able to combine various animal transformations into one though he is very far from that level of mastery as of now.
    Along with that, he also has the ability to control/communicate with animals within a 300 meters radius, no matter what the animal might be. To use this special faculty of his, Axel must be concentrated and not bothered by external noise. Additionally, overuse of this power (controlling a large amount of animals) will cause dizziness and severe headache.

> Side Effects : What would be an ability without side effects? While Alex doesn't get tired from using his abilities and they cannot be fatal to him, lingering too much in animal form can cause troubles for him. In fact, the more he stays transformed the harder it is to totally come back to normal. As a matter of fact, due to staying too long in bear form, he saw his eye become permanently brown and body hair developing faster than usual on him.​
    >> Strengths :
    > He is not disturbed by the sight of blood.​
    >> Weaknesses :
    > Deep fear of needles.
    > Intense fear/hatred for some insects.​
    >> Origin Story (history) : Alex was born in the United Kingdoms, just like his father and his mother before him. Maximilian Smith, his father, was a doctor and a "self-employed scientist" in research for the new big hit when his duties allowed him. His mother, Angela Kerry-Smith, was an air hostess and as such wasn't home very frequently. So Allina, Alex' big sister who was 9 at the time of his birth, would take care of him. His childhood wasn't perfect but it was plenty good enough for Alex. That was until a fatal plane crash took away his mother's life when Alex was only 7. Ever since, things began spiraling down. His father, terribly destroyed by the events, resorted to drinking and it wasn't long until he eventually lost his job. The daily lives of Alex and his sister turned into hell, with their father constantly physically abusing them and blaming them for the death of their mother. He even reached a point where he would let his children starve without an ounce of remorse. Eventually, they stopped going to school, their father wasting the little savings they had in alcohol and whores. During all those times, Allina was doing her best to protect her little brother and to gather enough money, through various little jobs, so they could leave when they had the possibility. But she wasn't always around when Maximilian would pick on his son. And what had to happen happened. After getting drunk, his father decided that Alex would be fit for one of his "experiments". He had completely lost it and was in full delirium, talking to himself as if it were to others. Apparently, his experiment was to save the world, get rid of evils and sicknesses. Poor Alex was tied on a table and soon got an injection of what seemed to be blood. Immediately, his body started to convulse and he lost consciousness. Upon his regain of consciousness, he was gazing to an horrible sight : his father's body was bathing in blood. The same blood which also covered him. He was unable to move and no sound could escape his throat. The only memories playing in his head was of him becoming a bear. That's how Allina found him : alone in a spot, speechless. She took matters in hands without ever questioning him, the theory of self defense against an abusive father was brought up when the police discovered the body. To explain the various scratches, she declared a knife to have been used. Something which got them to avoid potential troubles but not the Child Protection Services. Both of them were separated and sent to different foster families. Alex ended up in Hyperia with nice caring people and Allina stayed in the UK and is now happily living in her own. During his teen ages, when he noticed his frequent mood swings and the grow rate of his body hair, he began researching cases of animal morphing. Along with that, he was also reading about DNA structures and computers, his passion as a child. Researches that led to a book where he discovered about his special genetic structure and the extent of his abilities. At the time, his only goal was to live a normal and happy life so he only trained to have control upon his power, not looking to further expand it. He never let anyone in on his secret and decided to move on from the past and seize the chance of becoming a new person. But when he received that famous text on his phone, it occurred to him that things never went as planned.
    > Any other notes about your character : None, feel free to ask.

>> Roleplay Sample : A post of mine in CLOUD.

Last edited:

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Consider that my reservation.

Name: Tobias "Hivemind" Pearce
    Appearance: Hivemind is an old man, and possess traits typically of one: a balding head of sparse, silvery hair, sagging, blemished skin and worsening posture. The most notable features of him, however, are the various wounds that are literrered across his body. For you see, he has come to a sort of symbiosis with the insects that he controls, many living inside him. Such examples are a gaping hole where his left eye should be, now used as an entrance and exit point. Various cuts, scrapes, and scabs indicate the many burrows such insects have placed on him.
    Attire: Hivemind is almost always seen in a hospital gown, hooked up to a variety of different machines that moitor his vital signs and otherwise take care of his well-being. In his younger days, when he was an idyllic young super hero, he had a fanciful costume. (desciption coming)
    Personality: Most of the time, Hivemind is a calm and rational person. Due to his old age and the destruction of his body, however, he is prone to fits of senility. Often times he will lose all sense of who he is or what he is doing without so much as a moment's notice. While he almost always regains his mental faculties later, he remains nearly completely oblivious that such things are even occuring.
    Powers: Hivemind possesses control of as insects and arachnids. In order to have control over them, he must have an athropod representative of the species living within him in a symbiotic relationship of sorts. Those same creatures can be asborbed by him, their genetic material going to heal him and repair damage done to his body.

In recent years, however, it is rumored that he has eyes and ears all over the world, the memories and feelings of all the insects being linked to his own conscious. If his physical state is anything to judge by, then it is certainly true.
    Strengths: Hivemind controls millions if not billions of different arthropods and can do so with a simple telekenetic link that he shares with them. Any sort of phenomenon that they observe or stimuli they encounter, it is as if Hivemind was there to experience it himself. I
    Weaknesses: (Negative qualities your character possesses. Know that "Super Allergies" (a.k.a kryptonite variants) are not always the best weaknesses.)
    Origin Story (history): (How did your character get their powers? What have they been doing up until now?)
    Any other notes about your character:
    Roleplay Sample: (A link to a piece of your previous work, or something new. Just to show how you write.)

GreyBidoof

Years
  • Get ready, this this is going to be a long post.

Aquataris' Sea Champion is accepted!

Adventure's Hilda Gard is accepted!

Sir Bastian's Quantum is accepted!

There are a few thing's I would like to go over with about your character. I'll send you a PM with some details.

MorallyIncorrect's Smiley is accepted!

I have all the elements I need for my SU, it will just be a day or two before I can put it together. I'm using this picture for his true appearance though.

Looks cool, take your time. :)

Foxrally's Ner....Neri.........ahem, character, is accepted! Hold on guys, we have a goddess in our midst now.

Okay yeah, I'll reserve a spot in this if that's possible. I'm either going to take darkness and/or fire as my element or just copy paste my SAS character sheet.

You are reserved. I'd advise you to read through everything bfore copy-pasting, but you should be fine otherwise. As for the sidekick idea, I don't foresee that being an issue, as long as it someway enhances your character, rather than being there just because.

You are reserved. Sounds very nasty btw :)

Alright that's all for now. I'll make sure to have the OP updated by the end of tonight. There are a few a few of you of whom I have a few small questions to ask about your characters, so I'll try to send out some messages as well.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I don't mind clichés but I have most of this set out with Fox and fox has a kinda link with Sir Bastion.
    Unless you are talking about the SU, then I agree, entirely.

I meant the copycat/ arch-nemesis thing, not your SU, haha

Back