• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Venice: City Of Masks [M][OOC]

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Please reserve me if you would so kindly, this was just a bit too tempting to pass up I guess.

Reservation noted.

A note, I'd like to see a SU from people a week after they reserved. If they have a reason, such as finals, that they can't, they should hit me up, and that will be accounted for.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    -MAGIC MAKING SU DISAPPEAR SPELL-

Mayo's Keira O'Cuinn is Accepted.

I have put a cap on the player limit now, which is why I am also making reservations run out, so that people can't just hug spots. If it turns out an RP of this size runs incredibly smoothly, I might open up extra spots in the later arcs. If you're still interested in joining, I will make a post once spots open up, and if you send me a message, I can notify you on your profile if a spot opens up.

Years
  • Mayo's Keira O'Cuinn is Accepted.

I have put a cap on the player limit now, which is why I am also making reservations run out, so that people can't just hug spots. If it turns out an RP of this size runs incredibly smoothly, I might open up extra spots in the later arcs. If you're still interested in joining, I will make a post once spots open up, and if you send me a message, I can notify you on your profile if a spot opens up.

Sorry I'm taking so long, I should have at least made decent progress over the next few days.

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
    Years
  • It's a work in progress.

Name: Isaac Clark
    "I'm just your average merchant in the day. Though, most of the people call me Mr. Clark."

Alias: Blank
    "I get things done. It doesn't matter who requests what or how I have to get it done, I've never failed a request for a reason."

"Last time I checked I was working with a male tool."

Species: Human

"Does it honestly matter? Everything dies when they are killed and they bleed just the same if stabbed hard enough and repeatedly so."

Affiliation/Job: Unaffiliated, he works for whomever hires him to get whatever job done that they might need done quickly and cleanly. Whether it be stealing important papers, killing a room full of people, kidnapping, sabotage, getting a specific item, or rescuing someone he gets the jobs done. He has never failed a mission, even if it means he has to go to extreme lengths to finish it.

"I suppose I'm a neutral party, I'm a jack-of-all-trades contractor. I do whatever jobs are needed to be done quickly and efficiently and I'm damn good at what I do."

Appearance: Isaac is rather tall and lean with a build that suggests otherwise of the physical capabilities he possesses. Standing at around 5'9" and weighing about 170 lbs, Isaac is of a rather standard stature if slightly tall. With messy blonde and sharp blue-grey eyes framed by a pair of wire frame glasses he made himself, he doesn't stand out too much at first glance. His eyes radiate usually with a brightness that just seems to draw others in. If one were to look hard enough there's a faint scar on his back near his collar bone. His face has been noted as somewhat sharp with a lack of baby fat anywhere.

Isaac is a shop merchant and typically wears an attire fitting of one. Wearing a birch colored apron covering his torso is a white button up shirt with the top two buttons undone leaving his neck visible. He wears simple black pants held up with a brown leather belt and some black shoes. He looks generally very neat besides his hair being unkempt no matter what he tries to do to keep it neat like the rest of his attire. On each of his hands are runes that he keeps covered by plain black gloves, though as an alternative he is able to make them not appear to be there through magic.

When under his alias he turns to wearing a black long coat with a mesh chain-mail covering his upper body underneath of it protecting him somewhat from knives and generally sharp objects. His mask is a simple white mask with no features on it besides a small slit for his mouth and eyes. It is generally known that seeing this mask is a bad omen for someone, not that Isaac knows this.

"My attire suits the purpose of being both serious-looking and suitable for the tasks that I take part in and that's all that matters."

Personality: To those that know him in his persona as Isaac he is well known as a rather bright and cheerful man that looks out for others and helps those in need. He is a well respected shop owner who has steadfastly remained neutral in the city and comes under no control of any faction due to flying under the radar for the most part. His shop in particular is a haven for those that want a fair and solid price on any goods, legal or illegal, though for the illegal kind the password "The Seventh Heaven" is required.

As Blank he is much more cold and uncaring and has no limit on how far he will go to get what he wants done. He has allowed others to die in front of his eyes or be eaten by monsters if it is necessary to meet his objective. While not outright hating those of the monster kind, he has a deep loathing of them but unlike others is willing to give them a chance. Emphasis on the "a chance". One and only one opportunity is what he gives to monsters and if that chance is squandered they just become targets to eventually kill.

His real personality is a blend of these two separate ones. While generally uncaring he still does enjoy helping others, but is much more blunt with his opinion of others. He hates no one and is willing to give everyone a chance to prove themselves as generally good people, but other than helping people he knows no other joy besides seeing others in misery. He is an empty person who only knows joy from the happiness or misery of others. He seeks someway to change this but so far has been unsuccessful. He has no qualms about killing, mainly because those he kills can be considered evil or sinful. Admittedly he gets an unhealthy satisfaction from killing those types of people in particular.

"I'm a rather dull person honestly, but there's no other way I can be I suppose."

History: Life what is it?

Isaac's life began in the town of Venice. A dangerous town to be sure, but it was also a town that offered opportunities. Opportunities that seemed worth the danger for the rather poor Clark family that had consisted only of his Father, Brandon Clark, at the time. Brandon had once lived in Britain, but with the decline of jobs Brandon was grasping at straws to make meets end. Luckily enough, his former boss had managed to get him a job in a company in Italy. His business was trying to spread and with the connections between the two Brandon was a shoe-in for the job.

With an all expense paid trip to Italy and a guaranteed job things had been looking up for him. When he got there he was making money in a export and import company and he was content for some time. It was one day however, while on his usual route to work he met the most beautiful women. Her name was Charlotte and he could honestly say it had been love at first sight. She had been enchanting, and he had been mystified by her long blonde hair. He stuttered over his own words the first time he tried speaking to her and when she giggled and told him he was rather funny his heart swooned.

In a matter of months they were happily together in love. Though he had found out that Charlotte had some sort of background in Venice, Brandon still loved her. She had cried when she had told him that she had been an assassin for years and was currently on the run and if they found him and her that he'd been in danger along with her. While he was terrified of dying he thought that even if it meant that he might die he would rather stay with her then leave. 9 months from that day baby Isaac was born and soon after tragedy struck.

Isaac remembers this moment as his first conscious memory, the moment he was orphaned. His mother had died apparently, her body had been too frail which had resulted in her death soon after his birth. His father must've been grief stricken, when he thought about this later on in life he could understand why, because every time he looked at Isaac a sad look entered his eyes. It was approximately a year after his birth when he was delivered to the orphanage and his first memory was of his Father's sad face looking down at him. He couldn't help the odd giggle that came out when he saw it.

Life in the Orphanage was not good nor bad. From what he could remember after a certain age, the matron of the place was a devout Christian and tried to past his beliefs down to the children. He was very strict but fair, and was kind enough to bake a cake for the children's birthday, the day they were delivered to the Orphanage if they couldn't remember their birthday.

When Isaac was old enough he had decided that he'd help the matron with the small things he could, just out of a fascination. The matron had always preached that there was nothing wrong with helping someone and that if could help just one person you should. Those words resonated with the young Isaac and he took them to heart, up to this point he had never smiled. When he had saw the smile light up on the person's face that he helped, he felt as if he found a purpose. This was probably the cause for the accident that took place 10 years later.

He was 16 years old, old enough to now freely explore the streets of Venice as long as he got back before it got dark outside. He was told that monsters lurked the streets and at night it was no longer safe for your average joe to be walking the streets. Sometimes he wondered why one should follow such a rule, monsters just like humans could die. What was so scary about dying though?

So as he walked back home with only the dim streetlights illuminating his path after going to a local bakery to get a cake for one of the newer kids in the orphanage, he was dumbfounded as he saw a fire in the distance. He distinctly knew that it was the orphanage that was burning and he wasn't surprised when he got there to see monsters attacking the place.

Their were creatures, werewolves he vaguely remembered, destroying his home. There were some children running away screaming in fear, others burning, and more being slaughtered. The matron was fighting the monsters, using silver bayonets he thought dimly as he watched the scene. He was holding them off somewhat and had killed some of them, but Isaac doubted he'd survive. The matron was tiring and it was showing as he started to get nicked by the claws of the creature.

He had to help.

Somehow he needed to figure out someway to help.

Isaac looked down to a corpse stuck with a bloody bayonet and had decided what he'd do. He felt weird, but gitty. As if he was a moment away from laughing, that wasn't normal was it? His body felt stronger and everything seemed clearer and he could see the movements of the monsters better. He picked up the blade from the corpse and walked towards the first werewolf that was chasing a little boy around a demented smile came across his face.

He stabbed the monster in the back of the head as it finally cornered the boy and set off into the slaughter. The screams of the monsters and humans alike made him laugh, but he didn't understand why. He wasn't supposed to like this, it was a sin to kill right. Yet, he couldn't help but laugh in the end when all that was left was the ashes of the building and corpses. So many would be left without a place to live and would be left sad and alone, the misery was intoxicating.

He couldn't leave things like this though, the matron said that helping people was the right thing to do after all. He was apathetic of all the death, even the deaths of the matrons and others didn't make him feel anything. He was hollow...

It was this night that he decided that he'd make a change in both sides of Venice. Isaac would be a light that would shine brightly in the day. Someone that would help others and be an example of good. It would be what the matron would've wanted after all. When night came though, he'd find some way to utterly annihilate monsters that caused such mayhem. He'd revel in their misery, even if he knew it was wrong. After all, it just felt so right.

Powers/Skills:

Athletic: Isaac lifts heavy crates and boxes along with running a delivery service that gets items to the people in Venice in a timely fashion. Along with this he consistently does a work out routine of a few laps around different locations in Venice every other day if he has a chance and 100 push-ups and sit-ups daily. He is in peak physical condition.

Parkour Mastery: Venice has a lot of structures that generally make delivering items difficult and so to get around this Isaac learned how to maneuver around the city in the fastest way possible. While he wasn't incredibly good at it when he first started he is now able to make laps around the city rooftops in under an hour and less if he pushes himself with magic.

Skilled Fighter: He's been at his job for quite some time now and while having no general instruction he's become extremely efficient in how he takes out his opponents, whether they be human or monster. He's extremely precise with his knives and has learned the quickest and fastest way to take someone out through trial and error, this is strongest skill in his opinion.

Magic: His usage of magic is probably what makes him so lethal. Isaac's most used version of magic is an art he calls Enhancing. It allows him to increase his physical abilities for a limited time to near-superhuman levels which has helped him close the gap between him and the supernatural side to a much more manageable scale.

Enhancing has 3 set types that he uses for his job with the most used one being a standard singular enhancement. This is when he temporarily enhances one physical aspect about himself, whether it be strength, hearing, smell etc;. This enhancement is very easily used as it takes little energy to maintain seeing as it's used in short bursts and is generally his go to type when just going around at night or if a particularly heavy box is giving him some problems.

The second type is a type of full body enhancement, but is distinct in the fact that is a medium enhancement. This type approximately quadruples all of his physical attributes for about 15 minutes at a time, as of now, with a decent amount of drain taking place for doing something like this. When facing physically superior opponents Isaac is more likely to use this type as while it requires focus it gives some leeway in not requiring complete focus to keep it balanced. Once the effect wears off his body feels completely sore and there is an almost noticeable drain in stamina.

The final type is a full body enhancement to the fullest extent he is currently capable of without permanently damaging himself by pushing his body too far. It approximately enhances his physical attributes by a multiplier of 16 and while he won't be lifting large buildings anytime soon he could potentially lift a full sized cart with one hand with ease and at maximum temporarily lift a full grown rhino up off of the ground. Along with his strength, he also gains more speed, his perception becomes faster and clearer, his hearing becomes substantially better, and his reaction time becomes nearly abnormal. With a time limit of 5 minutes of usage at a time and for it to be able to be used only twice a day makes it so he only uses it when he is assured he will complete his mission.

While Enhancing is his primary magic he supplements it with some knowledge about elemental magic, runes and a silencing spell that he uses when silence is needed to get the job done, though he has no preference between whether it is done big and flashy or quick and clean.

"I've picked some skills here and there, they make me how dangerous I am. If necessary I'll use them on you next."

Weapons:

• Swiss Dagger (Quantity: A lot)
    • Blunderbuss (Quantity: 1 Ammo: Approximately 100 rounds)
    • Salt (Quantity: Enough to scare away ghosts)
    • Silver Bayonets(Quantity: Approximately 30)
    Roleplay sample:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    -INITIATE SMALLERIZING SU-

Sonata's Baranabas and Facio Benedevice are Pending. Everything is in order, but the history clashes with the internal conflict of the family and the history of the world. Both families have been in a two way power struggle for more than 25 years, and would never allow a marriage between two opposing family members. I am currently working on some extra information on the families, but if you want to exert some influence on that, hit me up on skype.

-PUTS BLANKET OVER SU-

Karma's Luca Alessandro Cellini & Rosa Maria Omicidio is Accepted.

Years
  • Finished at last!

Adalina "Pixie" Capello
    ffViYfC.jpg

Aged 21 | Female | Fae​

Affiliation/Job: Adalina is not affiliated with any family in particular. She makes her living by stealing various treasures and artefacts from various museums and families and then selling them to others. She prides herself on her thievery and loves a challenge however, so she will usually attempt to steal pretty much any target once she feels she has you at the highest price you'll go to.

Appearance: Adalina is of a small frame and stature, standing at 160cm in height and only weighing about 40Kg or so. She has pale but impeccably clear skin and despite being a young adult looks more like she is in early-mid adolescence. Adalina has long and wavy orange-red hair that is usually worn down, reaching her lower back. Her eyes are a quite large and are a light shade of grey-green and her features are lithe and angular, but also somewhat soft. Adalina's ears come into light points but not so distinctively as for her species to be too easily discernable from humans.

As was usually the case in the 1800s, Adalina wears a dress when in the public eye. Her favourites being of light material in shades of warm colours such as orange, red, pink and occasionally yellow. Beneath this garb however she wears a pair of brown tights and a sleeveless, tunic-like top usually in a similar colour scheme to her dress choices. It's much easier to do her work in the more gender-neutral attire. Adalina's shoes are always enclosed and flat in case she needs to start running regardless of attire and she wears no jewellery.

When working, Adalina wears a black mask that covers the upper hemisphere of her face, leaving below her nose exposed but covering everything else. Said mask is in the design of a butterfly and is extremely intricate. It should be noted though that she will often don other masks if she deems it necessary.

Personality: Fae's are often described as mischievous and that is the best way to describe Adalina herself. Adalina thrives of off the chaos she causes the various crime families of Venice and getting herself into trouble – and the bigger the hubbub she causes the better as far as she is concerned.

Adalina is calculating and clever, but she isn't without her faults either. She is hungry for recognition and revels in her alter ego as Pixie the master thief who loves to spite the de Medicis and the Omicidio's and who will steal anything you pay her to. She takes pride in her skills and in that persona, which can lead her to take on tasks that are out of her league and whilst she has been successful in most of her endeavours thus far, it is liable that she will eventually land herself in some real trouble. Adalina frequently fails to consider the implications of her actions on herself and others but is driven by a desire for the rush of the heist and recognition beyond her humble upbringings.

Despite her seeming lack of morals and her criminal behaviour though, Adalina is not a bad person. She has surprisingly strong convictions about a lot of things, she never steals from the innocent if she can manage it, is happy to give a little bit of coin to beggars who are worse off than she is and above all else Adalina refuses to take another life. She is not an aggressive individual in the least believing that it is far from her place to judge whether a person should live or die and preferring to discombobulate and flee with her Fae magic rather than fight.

Overall, Adalina is a person desperate for the recognition of the world around her. She wants people to remember her for something after her death be that good or bad. She will go great lengths to achieve renown, often stepping on others in the process. However at heart she is a kind person and should she ever discover how terribly her actions have effected innocent people it would cause her more pain than she could possibly imagine.

History: Adalina's origins would likely seem boring to most. She did not experience any great trauma as a child, she was not born amongst Venice's criminal families or their servants nor has she any ties to royalty or the Doge. Adalina was born to a simple, small Fae family in an unassuming a poor district. Few could have predicted who she was to become later on in her life.

Adalina was raised well. Her parents, although Fae, refused to take part in the criminal goings on of Venice and they made sure that their daughter was kept as far away from the unsavoury people of the city as possible. Adalina's parents rarely made use of their magic, her father worked a normal job as a tailor whilst her mother remained at home to care for her daughter and educate her to the best of her ability.

The young Fae however was not always content with this simple life. Adalina was a rambunctious girl and would often roam the streets of Venice with other children of poorer families. They were not bad children, but they were not prim and proper, law-abiding citizens either. Their games often involved getting into mischief, producing a kind of excitement for Adalina that she would never get from her mother's lessons or a simple toy. There was never anything quite as fun as breaking the rules a bit. It was in these early years that Adalina acquired her love of a challenge, her delight in thievery and also her talents for stealing and escaping.

As the years wore on and she became older, it was becoming more and more evident that, even for a Fae, Adalina was young looking. It was also at this time that the Doge and the church begun an active manhunt for monsters in an effort to weaken the power of the crime families. As simple folk with no criminal connections, the Capello family quite probably had little to hide. However her parents new well that Adalina was not always as well behaved as they would like. These factors combined made them fearful for their daughters safety. They became overprotective and worked harder and harder to separate Adalina from her friends, never realising that more often than not she was an instigator of their antics more than a follower.

It didn't take long for Adalina to become bitter and resentful. Not only of her parents, but also of the crime families, the Doge and the church. The former for their excessive sheltering and to those with power for creating the problems that resulted in her situation. She begun engaging in more dangerous activities and begun to become a part of a network of shady individuals. At first she was merely a petty thief, however her talent for the unseemly art of thievery was obvious and she tired of "heists" that were too easy. It was at this time that Adalina took her first truly criminal job, stealing a minor artefact from a small-time criminal group who were loosely affiliated with the Omicidios so it could be resold. She did not hesitate to take the job and was successful. She took the artefact to her employer, and was paid more money than her father made for days of tailoring. It was on that job that Adalina discovered not only that she could make money with her talents and that the adrenaline rush of a real heist was much greater than that of petty thefts, but it was also the beginning of her new identity. It was not long after this event that rumours of "Pixie" the master thief had begun to circulate.

Powers/Skills:

• Magic - Adalina is quite skilled with her fae magic. Her specialties are metamorphosis and conjuring. She is adept at producing objects out of nothing and changing objects from one thing to another. These skills are useful in deception, escapism and even in combat should that be required (although she is still limited by her stature and strength).

Another ability that Adalina frequently uses is the ability to lay jinxes and curses on people. These spells are typically somewhat lasting and can be more general or very specific. The potency of these curses is typically proportional to the seriousness of Adalina's situation and to the mood she is in whilst casting them. Typically they don't cause any huge harm to people however they can also become highly dangerous.

In addition to those two abilities that are Adalina's more practised, she also has access to other reality-warping skills. Some of these she is somewhat versed it whilst others she is yet to discover.
    • Cunning - Adalina isn't necessarily the most book smart person around but she's far from being stupid and is extremely quick-witted and street savvy. She is highly skilled at spinning stories and getting herself out of problematic situations.
    • Escapism - Adalina is particularly talented at running away. She's is lithe, quick on her feet and very agile. Which in combination with her clever thinking and the magic she has due to her species gives her a gift for escapism. If one wants to trap or contain her they need to be pretty thorough.

RP Sample: James being a colossal douche in Railways

Last edited:

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I will submit the IC tuesday, I hope most SU's will be finished around that time.

The first arc will be called Lycans. More details will be given in the IC thread. It's meant to serve as an introductionary arc, and therefor won't be long or complicated. I am convinced that it will be fun though.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years

• Argenta de Bianco
    "Miss Silver"

[ythd]AaJKxUFOudE[/ythd]
    Spoiler:

Species: Homunculus

Affiliation/Job: Unaffiliated. Argenta works at the apothecary that her father established, now under her ownership as a result of his passing. Her apothecary sells a variety of herbs and medicine, that serves a facade for the sales of potions and other alchemical wares. Supernatural sales only start at 8.00 P.M. sharp on even days.

Appearance:
    Argenta looks exactly like a human. The only thing that stands out is her long white hair and ruby-red eyes. Her skin is pale and fair, partly due to not having been outdoors for most of her life, and partly due to an unnatural lack of pigment (perhaps a side effect of being a homunculus). Argenta's build is slim and slender, with no trace of fat nor any signs of being athletic. She stands at around 164cm tall, and is just under 60kg.

Her clothing capitalizes functionality over fashion, evident in her simplistic dressing coupled with thigh-high boots. The only embellishment to her typical apparel is a brooch that was given to her by her father. She has no idea what purpose it served, but keeps it on for sentimental value and as a sort of lucky charm. When she's on-the-go, Argenta brings along a small alchemy kit that contain the necessary healing potions, vials of mercury and purified water, as well as other general materials.

Mask:
    Spoiler:

Personality:
    While she may be a homunculus, Argenta is not without a personality, yet it would be inaccurate to say that she possesses humanity. Her utilitarian ideals and pragmatic attitude were sculpted by her father, highlighted by the fact that her purpose of existence - kindly bestowed by her father - was to contribute to the progression of knowledge and alchemical science. Towards her creation, she does not feel inferiority or any inkling that she is less of a human. On the contrary, she readily accepts the idea of being an artificial life form, and optimistically believes that she would be able to fulfill her purpose and her father's wish.

Such optimism complements her desire to help others, and further motivates her to be an alchemist that can meet the needs of whoever approaches her. She finds it very difficult to turn down someone's request, and she finds assurance in customer satisfaction more than the monetary rewards.

Her knowledge of human emotions and the complexities of human nature is limited due to her cloistered upbringing. This, juxtaposed with her knowledge and reason from an education tailored by an eccentric alchemist results in a bright lady with a childlike innocence. At best, Argenta can be said to be a determined optimist striving to continue her father's work, and at worst, a disillusioned idealist.

History:
    Argenta was naturally conceived by a surrogate - probably a tramp plucked off from the streets with a sum of money - though her creation was not entirely natural. The womb was a mere vessel for the dividing mass of cells that was originally plasm immersed in a beaker filled with a concoction of chemicals and organic artefacts. To her father, she was his magnum opus. She made him the very first Venetian alchemist to have artificially created life that had the level of sentience akin to human beings, above the echelons of deformed dwarfs with sub-human intellect and other humanoids. However, that was not enough for her father. With the pride and power of being godlike flowing to his head, he locked himself away in his laboratory for hours on end, trying to create more artificial lifeforms on a grander and more bizarre scale, to the point of skipping meals. It was during that time, that Argenta received her mask at the age of fourteen and began to help out by managing the apothecary, which was to her, the closest interaction she had with the world outside. For most of her life, Argenta's childhood was spent isolated from the world, within the four walls of a small apartment facing the waters. Shortly after she turned sixteen, her father decided that it was time for her to be inducted into the world of the alchemical arts. Her father passed away a few years later, after imparting almost all of his knowledge. His deathbed moment was perhaps the first time he saw Argenta as a daughter and not a homunculus or pupil.

Powers/Skills:
    Regeneration: Being a homunculus, her body heals itself at an abnormal rate – not as fast as other monsters but somewhat faster than humans.

Ferrokinesis: Mercury
    Argenta was born with the ability of ferrokinesis – manipulation of metal. However, among the metals, mercury is the only metal that she is able to control, despite being one of toughest metals to manipulate due to its liquid state. Argenta has almost no affinity with other metals.

Alchemy:
    Aside from her natural gift of ferrokinesis, Argenta is a skilled alchemist. She has mastered the transmutation of pure water into most metals, with her best transmutations being mercury (for obvious reasons) and silver (her only form of defense against werewolves) – although the universal principle of equivalent exchange renders it highly inefficient, as even the totality of water, if purified, in Venice would amount to a few grams of silver. Inherited from her father is a collection of artefacts that can be used in conjunction with her alchemy, though some seem to have not much of a purpose. One of these artefacts is a conical flask, etched with runes on its sides, that is able to double the amount of liquid contained with it. Also under her possession a black rugged stone that is able to purify any impure substance that comes into contact with it.

Weapons: Argenta is not skilled in physical combat.

Roleplay sample: [click here]

Last edited:

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
    Years
  • Aaand here's that second SU that I talked to you about, Ice! ^^

MMM.png

Aurelio Ventura (The Bloodhound)

"Never forget; I know who you are... and where you live. Just try to run. I will find you."

Species: Human mage

Affiliation/Job: Aurelio has worked for the de' Medici family from a very young age, and is very loyal to them. During the day, he oversees the several of the family banks and helps manage the family's less reputable finances. At night he dons his mask and conducts much shadier business; whether it be making deals with the family's more wayward contacts or collecting debt from hapless families. In many ways, the Bloodhound has become the "face" of the de' Medici's underbelly.

Appearance:

The most striking feature Aurelio has are his honey-coloured eyes; so pale and cold that they were almost eerie to look at. His wavy brown hair hangs loosely around his shoulders, and despite having tried to correct it many times, he still has terrible dandruff that he generally covers with a hat. His mask is sleek and silver, of an intricate design. Almost reminiscent of a steel knife, it emphasises the cold sneer or otherwise emotionless expression that he usually wears underneath. While he is more expressive when unmasked, he has still often been described as distant.

Aurelio's posture is actually slightly hunched by nature, and he has to consciously draw himself up whenever he wants to appear intimidating or important. At his full height he is slightly above average, and looks deceivingly short when in his natural pose. He dresses himself in tailored, subtly expensive clothes, as he believes is fitting for an employee of the de' Medici family. He favours dark blue with gold or silver lining.

As the Bloodhound, Aurelio consciously dresses differently. He wears mostly black clothes of more comfortable and durable cloth. It is more beneficial to all the legwork he is called upon to do if he dresses practically, and the colour helps to blend him in; both into the night, and into the shady underground.

Personality:

Aurelio sees little point in making personal connections with others and views many of his interactions as some kind of business transaction. Of uttermost importance to Aurelio is money. He cannot abide by those that treat money with carelessness or disrespect, and this extends not only to the poor, but to anyone who lives outside their means. Despite having been in debt in one way or another for most of his life--or perhaps because of it--he has no sympathy to those who live in poverty. He firmly believes that people only become poor through poor decisions and laziness, and that anybody who had let themselves or their family come to such a state deserved it. While he views giving charity to the homeless as encouraging laziness, he views children slightly less harshly and may even give them a spare coin if he is feeling particularly generous.

While Aurelio is not completely without empathy, he believes that you have to either use or be abused. There is not much that Aurelio would stop at to achieve his goals. He has a distaste for violence, though, and believes that murder is much too messy and permanent to be effective. Why butcher the cow today if you could make money off of it for the next ten years? For some reason, more people tended to do business with you when you didn't cause them to drop dead every so often. This did not keep him from holding children hostage or otherwise being ruthless when demanding money, however. It would not do for the de' Medici family to be seen as too forgiving.

Perhaps the only other thing that Aurelio really values, is obligation. Whether it be his own obligations to others, or those to himself, he views them as almost sacred. Those that borrow money are then obliged to return it. Those that promise anything are bound to their word. Business transactions of any kind tend to fall under this umbrella as well; one thing is for sure, if he promises to pay somebody a certain sum for their services, he will definitely fulfill his end of the bargain. Even at his most desperate he would never skim off the top or otherwise shortchange anyone. It is one of the reasons why those of uncertain character are willing to deal with him despite his off-putting personality. A deal with the Bloodhound guaranteed that you were dealing with the de' Medici, and that money was definitely forthcoming.

Aurelio can be pretentious and arrogant during the day, all traces of this is gone when he acts as the Bloodhound, and he acts chillingly cold and analytical as opposed to merely distant. Either way, he is a severe workaholic and has very little interest in anything unrelated to his job. Another thing to take note of is that while Aurelio has an extraordinarily good memory, he is less capable of forming connections or arriving at a new idea.

History:

From a young age, Aurelio had been aware that his father was a compulsive gambler. His family hadn't started incredibly poor, but they also weren't exactly comfortable. Eventually, when Aurelio was nine, they lost the house. His mother couldn't take it anymore and fled in the middle of the night; unwilling to live in desperate squalor, and unwilling to face her family and friends as a woman who had broken her vows.

His father dealt with this abandonment by throwing ever increasing amounts of money that he didn't have at his addiction, taking out bigger and bigger loans. Aurelio knew that the problem could only get worse, and that it would drag him into a lifetime of suffering if he did nothing about it. He began to sneak into the homes of the rich or into bookstores at night and went through any book he could think of that might give him some skill he could use to make some money. Fortunately, even back then, he'd had a knack for sensing nearby presences which aided him invaluably given that he was inherently clumsy and slow-moving. In the meantime he did any jobs he could find, putting most of that money into paying part of his father's debt and saving a small portion of it for himself.

After a year of desperately reading almost anything he could lay his hands on, during which he and his father had relocated neighbourhoods dozens of times to try and shake the debt collectors knocking at their door, Aurelio stumbled upon a book of magic. He devoured it, and hunted for more. He ended up emptying much of his pitiful savings on more magic books--some of them duds--until he had acquired some control over his abilities. This process took over another year, during which the collectors grew successively more violent. It wasn't rare for him to be threatened or beaten in an effort to encourage his father to pay up, or for him to arrive and find their residence completely destroyed.

With his newfound magic, he managed to track down the only person he could think of that could definitely get him out of his father's mess; Giovanni de'Medici. Giovanni was smart enough to see a potential asset even in a twelve year old child and began hiring him for small almost menial jobs. Eventually, working two other side jobs in addition to this one just to make enough to keep the loan sharks at bay, Aurelio managed to improve enough and work satisfactorily enough to prove himself to the family. He slowly climbed higher and higher up the ladder, and when they realised he was highly proficient in management of finance, he was allowed the responsibility of some of their monetary affairs as well.

At fifteen years old, Aurelio took out a large debt from the family themselves and used it to pay off every last person that his father had owed, and then completely severed ties with the man as he felt that he had fulfilled any and all familial obligation. He has since paid off the debt through work but remains completely loyal to the family.

Powers/Skills:
    • Tracking: Aurelio has the ability to track down anybody he's met or anything he's been in contact with. He has an extensive map of the city in his mind and can generally visualise the location of the one he's searching for within a few blocks. The closer he is to the person or object, the more precise his power becomes. Within a few hundred metres he could pick them out of a crowd of people.
    • Memorisation: While it's not perfect, Aurelio has an exceedingly good memory. He never forgets a face or name. His rote memory is also near-perfect. Unless he takes the time to commit it entirely to memory, however, he cannot remember everything that he's read and will only be able to recall the general gist of it.
    • Artifacts: He is not aware of it yet, but the strange ring he had confiscated from a thief at one point is actually an artifact. When worn together, they are capable of sight-based teleportation.

Weapons: He carries a gun around, although it has only ever been used as a threat. Aurelio has limited experience with it, and by nature the gun is very unwieldy, so it is questionable whether he could hit a target more than a few paces away. The gun only stores and fires one bullet at a time, and Aurelio only carries a further four bullets on his person as an extra precaution.

RP Sample: *ditto appears and transforms into my earlier RP Sample*

Last edited:

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023

anonymous_face_mask_graphic_by_lensicle-d8ekisy.png

Venice: npc

RLd6XaR.png

Name: Giovanni de' Medici

Species: Human

Affiliation/Job: Giovanni is kinda a big deal in the de' Medici family, ya know.

Appearance: Giovanni is a bald man that towers over most people. He reaches 6'2", and overweight, which makes him like enormous compared to most venetians. His face is squarish, and he has very defined lines to signify age drawn onto it. He usually dresses quite modestly, with just simple red and black colors, lacking any decoration. At balls he usually wears something more decorative, but he still puts practicality before beauty.

Personality: Giovanni is very calm man. It's hard to impress him, by both good news and bad news. He usually reacts calm, and nicely, only to continue his business as usual. He is very social, being able to interact with people incredibly well. He knows a lot about people, and is very good at reading them, and quickly grasps someones personality. He is quick to see through lies that are told to him, and these situations show his more ruthless side. While he does not look interacting with the more shady side of his business himself, he does not mind handing people over to his associates. He does not feel mercy for most people, and does not distinguish between man or woman, old or young, monster or human, when it comes to punishing. He tolerates the existence of the supernatural, but does not directly affiliate himself with them, as he believes them to be vile. He would not tolerate a monster marrying into his family, and the higher up affiliates of the de' Medici are all human.

He's very collected, and a very clear thinker, having plans thought out for every situation. Describing Giovanni as an economic genius would be an understatement. His understanding of money, the economy and how humans interact with it is subliminal, allowing him to rule such a big financial empire. His great mind does not limit itself to just finance, as it has a deep understanding of nautical exploration, geography, sociology and politics too. Everything affect the Venetian ducat, Giovanni tries to learn about. He is very tactical in moving around the members of his family, and the people that work for him, like pawns on a chess board, to suit his needs and wants. He remembers information on every player he deems important, and can judge situations extremely well because of this.

Some would say that Giovanni's lack of aggression in his behavior might be a flaw. In situations where most people would get angry, he just brushes off the remarks, or tasks someone else to deal with the direct repercussions, such as scolding and punishment. He keeps up a very polite stature, and it can be argued that his way of acting does not reflect how ruthless his plans and tactics are.

Powers/Skills:

Genius: Giovanni is a genius in the humane and social sciences, having an extremely strong grasp on the concepts of everything to do with human behavior, and the economy. He also has a very good understanding about subjects his family concerns themselves with, such as architecture, and sea faring.

Master tactician: Giovanni is very skilled in placing his people exactly where they need to be, and prepares for many situations.

Social: Giovanni is very social, and is very good at leaving a good impression behind with people. His actions always seem sincere, and he just has a smile that makes you trust him. *swoon*

-SHOWERS SU WITH ALCHEMIC COMPOUND, SHRINKING IT-

Fantome's Argenta de Bianco is accepted

-DROWNS SU IN THE SEA AND SLICES THE CORPS IN PIECES SO IT DOESN'T TAKE AS MUCH SPACE IN THIS QUOTE-

infinite's Finn Nimue Espira is accepted

-BRINGS SU TO THE BANK TO STORE IT THERE-

under_score's Aurelio Ventura is accepted and will be added to a new section in the OP, called Important NPC's. I'm not going to require it, but I recommend that people write SU's for NPC's they feel are important and might show up in other people their posts. It doesn't have to be very detailed, but a name, powers and personality section are handy, so that other people will keep them in line with what you have in mind.

-FOLDS SU UP TO A SIZE ACCEPTABLE FOR A QUOTE-

Lucifer-san's Isaac Clark is Accepted.

-CURSES SU AND LOCKS IT IN A SMALER POST WITH MAGIC SIGILS-

Deceptio's Rowin Odo is Accepted

Last edited:

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
    Years
  • Venice NPC Template

Lovely people of the game, I have created for you an NPC template with the permission of Ice. Use it as you will for the various important side characters. If you do not know how to grab it, simply hit "quote" on this message and there you will find the CSS.

anonymous_face_mask_graphic_by_lensicle-d8ekisy.png

Venice: npc

Name: (Real name, and name used when wearing a mask)

Species: (Can be either human, one of the common monsters, or a requested species. I suggest requesting a species first, and only writing your SU after the GM said you are allowed to use it. This is because they may be denied, or changed to fit the setting better.)

Affiliation/Job: (Your affiliation with a family. If a family is a new addition add to which powerful family, either the de' Medici or the Omicidio, they side. Players can be unaffiliated too. Trying to side with both families may be a bad decision, however, as the families she a shared asset as no asset at all. The job of your character should be described here too.)

Appearance: (This includes your mask.)

Personality: (Have at it.)

History: (This is allowed to be very brief)

Powers/Skills: (Human characters are allowed to have superpowers through magic, while monster can only acquire other magical abilities through artefacts. All extraordinary skills should be mentioned here, however, not just the magic powers.)

Weapons: (The weapons can be anything that was around in and before the late renaissance. This is mostly swords, but small fire weapons are allowed too.)

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    This post includes extra information and background on magical things. The book is something that exists in the world, and is a quite common object in households of people active in the occult. I will try to add to it, and it will contain some extra detail on monsters, if you need that for your post, or if you're just interested. It's certainly not required reading material by any stretch of the imagination, it's just to deepen out some concepts. It will be updated every once in a while too. I'll add new monsters, new species, new big artifacts that need mentioning, that kind of jizzjazz. Everything will be classified, assume that anything classified as Mythical can not be used except with GM's permission. Everything with a rating that isn't Mythical can be used in your posts.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I have submitted the IC, but posting shouldn't be done until the first GM post and the prologue is up. After that we're officially kicked off!

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
  • If anyone would care to purchase silver-laced poisons or bombs, Mathos Kundassa is officially having a sale on all your Lycan-related necessities!

So, yeah, let me know if you want a scene where you purchase such items from the store. That is my main objective, after all, to supply all the weapons and poisons needed to fuel the mayhem.

That moment when Rowin is a mannequin, that moment when he's immune to most all poisons, that moment when you keep finding ways you accidentally made your character more badass.

Back