• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ddrox13's intro post of introness

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
    Oh. Hey. Another Pokemon forum.

Hello PC, I am ddrox13, known formerly (on Pokemon Online) as Yveltal and/or Inigomontoya. I picked up my first Pokemon game (Diamond) Christmas of 2008, and have not stopped playing since. Diamond remains my favorite main series game to this day (except for the absurd level jumps), but I have played everything from gens 3-6, except Firered, Sapphire, SoulSilver, X, and Omega Ruby. I have yet to pick up a gen 1 or 2 game, but the Gen 3 mechanics (the lack of physical/special split) scare me enough as a Gen 4 starter.

I have played competitively on Pokemon Online since Gen 5, and enjoy it to this day. I started as an Ubers player, but now I generally stick to OU and UU now. I also pride myself on running off-meta stuff even if it doesnt work. Band Ferrothorn works better than you might expect though :P

I began looking into competitive pokemon post-Platinum, when I began to play the Trading Card Game. I consider myself one of the pioneers of the Eel Motor deck. I hit Top 2 with said Eel deck at my local Fall Battle Roads (stupid Durant decks...), and hit Top 64 at regionals in both the card and video games (die in hell, permaweather). I stopped playing at local events around 4 years ago.

Right, favorites...
    Favorite Type: Formerly Electric, it now bounces between that, Ice, Grass, Steel, and Water.
    Least favorite Type: Poison and Flying. Formerly Ground because I liked Electric types.
    Favorite region: Sinnoh master race
    Favorite move: Scald
    Favorite item: Assault Vest
    Favorite Pokemon: Empoleon and Gallade, with Weavile a close 3rd. Problem Hoenn fans?
    Least Favorite Pokemon: Zubat. Crobat is awesome, but all Zubats can rot in hell for all I care
    Favorite Pokemon Game: Diamond in the main series, PMD2 overall.
    Favorite Battle Theme: Dialga's Fight to the Finish! (PMD2). Cynthia's theme in the main series.
    Favorite Overworld Theme: Temporal Tower Eterna Forest.
    Favorite Champion: Take one guess (Hint: It's Cynthia)
    Least favorite Champion: Lance. Annoying, bossy, and not enough story to justify it.

Ill likely hang out over in the challenges section for a while, but i'm happy to discuss anything. And rant about the Sinnoh gyms being hard as hell. I'm doing an Ultimate Grass Monotype Challenge, and have 8 badges in Diamond and 1 in Y.

Oh, I play League of Legends too. Not that it matters

Formerly electric? You should leave that current forever. ;p Because it's the best type by far imo.. well, others are great too but nothing can top electric. <3 Welcome to PC, ddrox13!

Hopefully we're unique to you despite being just another one of those Pokémon forums. I joined a lot in the past but this one was the only one I stuck around on with how nice the people were and how pleasant the forum appeared overall.. definitely better than other forum themes I've seen at the other major Pokémon boards.

Pretty cool that you're so adept at the TCG - I'm more for collecting the cards for artwork if anything so my knowledge there is very limited. Enjoy discussing and let us know if you need anything!

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    Hello there. I'm Kaiyu. It's a pleasure to meet you. Just like you I was on another Pokémon forum and left after being a member for seven months. As to why I left I won't say here. If you're curious about it we can talk on my profile or private messaging. Anyway I hope you'll enjoy this forum. I'm going to be staying here for a long time. Enjoy your day and see you around.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    We have a lot of members here who play League of Legends, actually! Maybe you'll get to meet them! Ah, and welcome! Cynthia is pretty amazing! I think she's pretty much my favourite champion too! So strong and cool, aaah. <33

We have a great fourth gen section if you wanna check that out! And I do hope that you'll stick around with us as we have a ton of things to do and a lot of people to meet! This has been my favourite pokemon board for a long while, and so, been here for a good while! So yeah, I hope you and I will become great friends. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Hope to see you later~!

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2016
    Yo welcome
    hopefully you'll stick around this pokemon forum
    diamond is also definitely one of my favorites as well
    its cool that you run off-meta as it shows your own style and technique and as long as you know how to use it you can do really well
    maybe you playing lol doesn't seem to fit in but I'm sure that there are a lot of other people here who do and who you can talk to about lol as well
    feel free to ask anything everyone's really friendly here
    hope to see you around

Years
    Hey there and welcome to PC . Are you enjoying here. Do u ever tried any hack if not u should probably try one because they are also so much fun. Try to stick around and enjoy your time here. If u run in any trouble or feel bored just msg me or any other PC member.Everybody here is more than happy to help new comers.
    Now in 5 sec I gonna come out of your desktop , laptop or phone screen
    1...... I just come there at speed of light and returned , u didn't even notice me... [ just kidding. See u around then.

Years
    And hello there to you too! Great you decided to join us.

So, a fan of Sinnoh I presume? I played Pearl and Platinum mainly out of those since Diamond was my brother's, but he since retired from Pokemon so I don't think he even touches the game anymore. The others mentioned the Fourth Generation board if you're looking for some awesome DPPt topics, but do look around the whole forum and see what else interests you.

Good luck with staying active, and I'll catch you around!

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
    Thanks everyone! I'm certainly enjoying it here. I'll try and reply to the posts here, but i'll cut out some of the repeated stuff from other posts, mmk?

Formerly electric? You should leave that current forever. ;p Because it's the best type by far imo.. well, others are great too but nothing can top electric. <3 Welcome to PC, ddrox13!

Hopefully we're unique to you despite being just another one of those Pokémon forums. I joined a lot in the past but this one was the only one I stuck around on with how nice the people were and how pleasant the forum appeared overall.. definitely better than other forum themes I've seen at the other major Pokémon boards.

Pretty cool that you're so adept at the TCG - I'm more for collecting the cards for artwork if anything so my knowledge there is very limited. Enjoy discussing and let us know if you need anything!
    Electric is still the best type in the game, no doubt about it. I am a little unhappy with the current selection of Electric types, I think there could be some far cooler designs. Gen 6 was particularly underwhelming on that score, as I never liked any of the Electric megas.

I'm still on PO, and do enjoy it, but that is super competitive. More general discussion here.

That was a loooong time ago (Plat was what, 2009?) I still really enjoyed the TCG. It was especially nice for me as it ended up as something me and my father could do together once a week, which helped me get to know him better.

Oh yeah, Diamond was a pretty nice game, and the Physical/Special move split is perfect, Pokemon needed something like that from the start, if you asked me, it just made the games a lot more playable.

The Physical/Special split (or lack thereof), is something that still pisses me off about Gen 3 games. I still have no idea what Poison falls under, despite using Plume and Venusaur in my Monograss of FireRed

its cool that you run off-meta as it shows your own style and technique and as long as you know how to use it you can do really well

I certainly used to be trolly with my off-meta sets (Citation: Cottonee), but now some of them work quite well.

Hey there and welcome to PC . Are you enjoying here. Do u ever tried any hack if not u should probably try one because they are also so much fun. Try to stick around and enjoy your time here.
    I have played Blaze Black and Flora Sky on the hack side, but I have also played Insurgence as a fan game. I enjoyed all of these
    So, a fan of Sinnoh I presume? I played Pearl and Platinum mainly out of those since Diamond was my brother's, but he since retired from Pokemon so I don't think he even touches the game anymore. The others mentioned the Fourth Generation board if you're looking for some awesome DPPt topics, but do look around the whole forum and see what else interests you.

And where would you be getting that assumption, hmmm? jk, I am a huge Sinnoh fan. I was in a similar situation, where Diamond and Plat were mine and my sister had Pearl (which I eventually stole, but who cares?)

I missed like 3 posts but it's midnight and I still have 2 hours worth of homework to randomly guess the answers to. I'll deal with it tomorrow.

OH YEAH, I also make forum banners and stuff. I need to fix my avi and sig soon...

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 6, 2016
    Hi there. How are you? Hope you have a great time here. I just joined the other day (or yesterday I can't remember xD) and so far I'm having a great time. If you ever want to talk to someone I'll be around. I'm usually pretty quick at responding back. Well see you around! ^-^

Back