• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help Request] Medieval

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Hello! For those of you who don't know me, I'm Nakuzami. I'm p cool. You can trust me. Probably.

Anyways, welcome to my little planning thread for a high fantasy RP I've been slowly planning, Medieval. What I'm looking for here is people who might be interested with helping to build the roleplay, assisting with various aspects. From the plan I've concocted thus far, it's going to take a lot of world building, and I simply do not have the time to do it all myself, if I have any interest in having it completed in the near future.

The main roles I'm looking for are writers to help with various aspects of the world, being:
    • Detailing the geography of the world where the roleplay shall take place
    • Detailing the society of the world
    • Detailing the cultures of the individual races that inhabit the world
    • Detailing the creatures that populate the world
    • Detailing the types of magicks and items that can be found within the world
    • Detailing the main plot of the roleplay
    • Detailing the side plots of the roleplay, primarily those of the major factions
    I also wouldn't mind any other suggestions that anyone may have, and others might also like to participate by generating art or the like for the roleplay.

I do, however, reserve the right to reject any suggested ideas, for whatever reason.

So, as for Medieval itself. The basic premise is that it's a sandbox high fantasy roleplay, where players can be pretty much anything and do whatever they want. You can find the rest of the details I have so far below.

Now, you might ask, "why help with this?" Well . . . roleplaying is, by its nature, collaborative. And if so many people have a hand in its creation, does it not stand to reason that they might be more inclined to see it through? I think so, and it allows everyone to have a say in the world that they'll be playing in, which could make it both more interesting and more entertaining for all involved.

Now, for the roleplay itself. Please pay attention to any gold text.

Medieval
    [insert introduction here]

The Story

Nothing much as of yet. The story that I do have planned is something that will come into play partway into the roleplay, and I'd rather not spoil it until it actually occurs. What we need is a beginning arc to reach that point.

The World

I've sketched a tentative map of the (potential) region, but I'll produce something more concrete later. If there's someone skilled at mapmaking, the help would be appreciated. Of course, you may request to see the tentative map that I've created. Below is a brief and rather vague description of it. Beyond the map, however, there is a general setting and timeline that should be established, as well as lore.

In total, there are eighteen major settlements. In the north, there's the city of Charisia, the seat of the empire. It's enclosed on three sides by mountains, giving it a powerful defensive position. Far to the northern border of the region is a large area of forest, within which the Ape Folk dwell. To the east of that, in the northeast corner, is the settlement of the Cubi.

Just northeast of Charisia, surrounded by mountains, is the settlement of the Dragon Folk. On the east side of the mountains from there is the home of the Seraphkin. All the way to the west, by the end of a river that splits into four smaller rivers, is the home of the Arvecians. Just south of that is the home of the Wystanites. To the east of that, on the opposite side of the mountain range that splits the northern half of the region, is the home of the Orcs, Ogres, and their currently nameless cousin race. Within the largest portion of said mountain range is the city of the Dwarves.

The Dwarves lie on the split between the northern and southern parts of the region. The southern part is ruled over by the elven city, where the High, Tropical and Celestial elves dwell, though this city is still under the control of the empire. Directly south of the dwarven city is the home of the Bird Folk, sitting south of the mountain range, between two rivers and within a forest. To the southeast of that is the home of the wood elves, and further southeast is the home of the Fauns. To the west, on the border of the forest, is the home of the Cat Folk. Northwest of that, in the plains area, is the home of the Djinn, and in the desert to the southwest dwell the Lizard Folk. There's a large bay in the far south, directly north of which is the southern capital. On the west side of the bay is the home of the Fox Folk, and on the east side is the home of the Wolf Folk.

The Organizations

Beyond the obvious need of being fleshed out in general, these factions need official names to be known by.

Spoiler: National

The Royal Guard

The elite warriors of the Charisian Empire.​

The Templar Order

Holy warriors that patrol the lands.​

The Mages' Guild

Should be self-explanatory.​

The Warriors' Guild

A place for prospective soldiers to gather and hone their skills.​

A Mercenary Group

Much like the above, but these are soldiers for hire.​

The Thieves' Guild

For those who enjoy the finer things in life, but don't quite like the traditional means of attaining such things.​

A Spy Network

Could range from being an official network of the empire, or a secret network that helps anyone that can pay, or who holds certain ideals. There could be multiple networks, perhaps.​

The Assassin's Guild

For those with a penchant for murder.​
    Spoiler: Race Exclusive

Heaven's Order

The holy warriors of the Seraphkin.​

An Elven Magistry

A secondary "guild" of mages that is ran by and composed of elves, with no exceptions.​

A "Wild Hunt"

A group of warriors composed of Beast Folks, having their own unique styles of combat and craft.​

A "Natural Order"

An order consisting of Fauns and Wood Elves that favors natural magicks and remedies. They are a peaceful group.​

Dwarven Engineers

Dragon Warriors

Orcish Circles

Races

All race names are subject to change. The beast folk do not have actual names yet at all. The races themselves may also be altered or changed altogether if people have any ideas.

The Three Kingdoms of Man

Spoiler: Human Races

Charisians

Skilled strategists and rulers. Adept with Frost Magicks.​

Wystanites

Skilled craftsmen from the south. Adept with Fire Magicks.​

Arvecians

Descendants of Lady Arvecia. Peaceful people from the west. Skilled botanists and alchemists.​

The Four Kingdoms of Elves

Spoiler: Elven Races

High Elves

The most highly skilled race with respect to magicks.​

Wood Elves

Can influence animals. Utilize living and bone weapons.​

Tropical Elves

From lands far to the south. Skilled with exotic magicks and creatures.​

Celestial Elves

They once sought to control the magicks of the very heavens, and for that they were punished. Now they have no connection to magical forces at all, and so have no ability to wield them.​

The Beast Clans

Spoiler: Beast Races

Cat Beast Race

Fox Beast Race

Wolf Beast Race

Ape Beast Race

Bird Beast Race

Lizard Beast Race

Dragon Beast Race

The Outside Provinces

Spoiler: Miscellaneous Races

Halflings

Dwarves

Orcs

???

Close cousins of the Orc. Years of genetic mutations and separated breeding led to the loss of tusks, but the gaining of horns.​

Ogres

Fauns

The Daemon Tribes

Spoiler: Daemon Races

Cubi

Incubi and Succubi. Gorgeous creatures that prey upon the lust of mortal races. They were supposedly exiled here many centuries ago, and now share rather pleasant, albeit tenuous at times, relations with the mortal races.​

Djinn

Fire spirits and masters of magic. Brought here millenia ago by the greed of mortal races looking to have their deepest desires granted.​

Seraphkin

Said to be a tribe of angels that fell from grace many ages ago. They resemble a perfect cross between humans and elves, with the added trait of having wings. Seraphkin society has a rigid hierarchy based upon that of the heavens, with normal angels comprising the lowest caste. The highest caste belongs to the seraphim.​

The Hybrid Races

The hybrid races are the product of the breeding of two of the above races. There are numerous hybrids, some with very little differences, and some with major differences. The exact differences cannot be determined until the main races are fleshed out. Most of the beast folk cannot interbreed with other races, save for the Ape Folk.

Spoiler: Mixed Races

Elf Hybrids

Halfling Hybrids

Dwarf Hybrids

Orc Hybrids

Ogre Hybrids

Faun Hybrids

Cambion

The offspring of a Cubi and a mortal race, typically humans.​

Djinn Hybrids

Seraphkin Hybrids

Fox-Wolf Hybrid

Ape Hybrids

Lizard-Dragon Hybrid

The Creatures

Certainly there shall be the generic fantasy monsters, but let's get a bit more . . . creative.

Also, there was talk of having this be a high fantasy x Pokémon roleplay. If people would prefer that, this is where details on the Pokémon and how they fit into the world would go, instead.

Your Role

It's a sandbox roleplay, so players can be from any listed race and faction, and can be aligned with whomever they want. Of course, no one is going to start in a position of too much power. There will likely be some sort of event that places all roleplayers on the same page at the beginning, regardless of their past.

Mechanics

There's a lot to be worked out here. Or perhaps very little. It depends on the route that is taken.

One thing I had in mind was that there could be levels and such (like a typical RPG), and there would be quests with certain level recommendations, and being below the recommendation could result in consequences, including death. This could be offset by bringing along companions (being other roleplayers), which would create a sort of "combined level."

Rules

Irrelevant at this stage

Application

Also unnecessary at this point.

Players

Obviously, there are none. Contributors to the creation process will be listed in the introduction area later.

Years
    I think I'd rather you kept it straight high fantasy and not add in pokemon. Anyway I love me some lore and world building so I might look into doing some stuff for the various races later.

Years
    Well, I really am in too many roleplays right now, but I love the idea. I'd love to help out when I can with lorebuilding and such though, that stuff is right up my alley.

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
    Years
    Yeah I'm gonna agree with GP on this one. A straight up high fantasy RP without pokemon at least to me anyway grabs my attention a lot faster. Unfortunately I'm nowhere near a good enough writer to chip in with building the world and such but I will say that if this RP keeps moving in the direction it's going (minus the mons ofc) I could definitely see myself and many others joining :>

Nakuzami

Years
    In that case, I can definitely remove the 'mon idea~ They're not technically in the roleplay at this point anyways, lol, but there were a few people interested in the idea, so I figured it'd be something to mention.

And you don't have to be the best writer to pitch some ideas, either! Even if it's just some quick suggestions here and there. I or someone else could certainly write them up if we opt to add them in.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    I'd love to help and pitch in on the world building and naming. : )

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
    Seems interesting, but as GP said, it might be better if you omitted Pokemon from the whole idea. It just seems off to me in a way.

Nakuzami

Years
    Like I said, it was more a side idea in the first place, lol. I'll probably just save it from something Conquest-esque in the future.

On another note, would people like me to create a Skype group for this? That way everyone can discuss ideas and such much more easily. If I do, I'd need to know your Skype names if I don't already have you added on it. I'd also need to know who would actually be interested in being added and who would not like to be, lol.

Years
    I'd be willing to help out. I'm not great at any one aspect, but I'm fairly creative in general. Although I simply adore monsters and creatures. Any help you need with the races or monsters, I'm happy to help. Either here or on the Skype group.

Nakuzami

Years
    Okey dokey. Anyone who wants to join in on the Skype group should either send me a message on Skype or a pm with their Skype name. c:

Back