• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Mystery Dungeon: The Grand Expedition (T/IC)

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023

humanistic.medium.png

snaps-taste.regular.png

UDdzCTd.png
    Welcome. This is the portal that leads you to the world of Pokémon. Beyond this gateway, many new adventures and fresh experiences await your arrival. Only Pokémon inhabit this world. There are no trainers, nor will there be in the course of this roleplay. Be strong, stay smart. And be victorious!

You are a Pokémon that has been living in the village of Haven for quite some time and, fairly recently, you achieved your goal of joining the Haven Exploration Guild. The guild is led by its founder, an imposing Steel/Psychic type Pokémon called Bronzong, and his right-hand and secretary, Snubbull. The guild aims to educate and train young Pokémon into becoming full-fledged Explorers; Pokémon that are fit to go into Mystery Dungeons, carry out quests and rescues and sometimes even explore completely new areas.

Guild Regulations:
    1. Follow all PC and RPC rules.
    2. This RP is rated T, meaning you will have to restrict violence, gore and romance to a mild level.
    3. Be fair, nice and respectful towards other players. This also implies no godmodding, bunnying without permission, or anything of the sort.
    4. Please try to stay active, and consult the GM's if anything is amiss.
    5. Smiles go for miles! Have fun!

The Guild Camp

In MD: The Grand Expedition, players will be travelling alongside the haven Exploration Guild on a grand quest across the World for adventure and discovery. The Guild will move around using the "Guild Camp" a collection of tents and services that are carried by large caravans accompanying the trip on their expedition. Below is a description of the various tents and their functions.

Spoiler:

Mystery Dungeons:

The expedition will take our heroes through many different locations... the most dangerous of which being the Mystery Dungeons. As the story progresses, Mystery Dungeons visited will be posted here, as well as the next Mystery Dungeon to come up. Be sure to watch this space, to see where the adventure leads next.

Brine Cove - CURRENT
    Because the Haven Peninsula is almost completely surounded by steep cliffs, Brine Cove is convenient for providing a natural stairway (known as the Regi's Causeway) to reach sea level. Pokémon often visit this place, but because the tide can be strong and sudden, combined with stormy winds, it can still be dangerous. Deep in the cove, there is also a cave to explore, but this should be visited with caution as it completely floods when the tide comes up. It is mostly inhabited by Rock- and Water-type Pokémon.

giants-causeway-county-antrim-nireland-keith-w-thompson.jpg

Spoiler:

Guild Apprentices:

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023

Guildmaster Bronzong

The sun slowly rose above the horizon, its light carefully trickling through the leaves of the trees and bushes surrounding the tents. Unfortunately for them, the guild members wouldn't be able to enjoy the view, as the sound of a loud, deep bell could be heard across the entire campsite. It was the sound only their guildmaster, Bronzong, could make, the sign that summoned them to gather in front of the central longtent. Even for experienced members, this was a rarity – the guildmaster seldomly called for a complete guild assembly, and even if he did, it was usually Snubbull that ended up doing the honors. Bronzong barely ever spoke at all, to be fair. Still, that only made this day even more special. The first day of the grand expedition was upon them, and the apprentices sped to the longtent.

Awaiting them there was none other than the tall and imposing dark blue figure of the guildmaster, flanked by his trusty secretary on one hand and the contracted assistant Kirlia on the other. Once everyone was in place and quieted down, the Bronzong left a few moments of absolute silence before speaking in a deep, calm voice.

''Welcome, friends,'' he began. Some of the guild members gasped in surprise as they heard his voice for the first time, and being addressed as 'friends', even. Bronzong was imperturbable however, and continued his speech.
    ''Thank you for joining me on the first day of this expedition. We have finally arrived at our first destination, and shall finally commence with the exploration of the area. I know that for some of you this will be your first outing entirely. Have no fear however, for long as you remember your training, I know you will find your way. Even the greatest of adventurers started as an apprentice, and even without years of experience, you can make great discoveries if you work hard.''

Some of the younger apprentice Pokémon shuffled nervously in their place, but the large, steel Pokémon stretched out his arm reassuringly.

"There is no need to be afraid. You will be allowed to explore as you please, be it in group formation or by yourselves. Should you encounter a fellow guild member in need during your exploration, please offer your assistance. There may be trials you can only overcome by working together. While I know some of you have your own agendas, remember that this guild functions as a unified force, and you will be expected to do your part.
    Furthermore, please remember we are not alone on this mission. The independent Team Morning Sun has been so generous to sponsor this exploration and lend us one of their up and coming best. Many of you will have met Gallant at the guild prior to our departure, but if you have not then please take note of his presence and understand that he is here to aid you in any efforts that may require his expertise."

With a wave of his large iron arm, Bronzong motioned to the Kirlia standing not far from him. The smaller psychic type gave only a small nod in response, however. All eyes were on him for a few moments, but the guildmaster soon continued with the final part of his monologue.

''Very well. This concludes our meeting. Go forth, be strong, and stay smart. Support each other always. Should you make any discoveries of value, do not hesitate to return to report. We will be staying in this location for a few days only. Be sure to make good use of your time.'' He took a final look over his apprentices before striking his bell-like body once more, and spoke with a booming voice.

''DISMISSED!''

Last edited:
    Reactions: Jay

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years

• IJLvyTR.png

Gallant the Kirlia

Gallant walked away from the guild tent with his arms crossed. Such formal declarations of pride were nice for a time, but they had really never been his style. He knew some of the recruits of the Haven guild would flock to him, seeing as their guild master had introduced him with such illustrious phrasing. He supposed he didn't mind, his job WAS to help them after all. So if they required his assistance he would give it. For now, however, he had gone on much too long without any sort of action or entertainment, so he decided that the best way to keep his interests high was to delve right into his work... to begin to explore this mystery dungeon they had camped outside of immediately. Passing quickly to the town, he felt like some of the recruits might have been following him, whether it was that they were following him specifically or just the heading to the dungeon as well was unknown. But he didn't care, he just wanted to get to work.

Riverbell path reminded him greatly of the amateur hour dungeons he had been sent to explore upon first starting out his exploration days. There were a handful of weak and low leveled pokémon looking to pick a fight or two. Lots of single type pokémon, water, grass and normal mainly but there were a few bug types around too. Good thing Gallant had more than just psychic moves under his belt... but with the low level of pokémon around the area it hardly mattered anyway.

The grassy terrain beneath his feet was soft and comfortable as he followed along the side of one of the many rivers that flowed through this area, the water from the rushing stream had sprayed outwards making some spots moist and a little uncomfortable squelchy. Some areas even had a thin mist flowing around, simply due to the water rushing so quickly by. In other words, falling in really wasn't an option unless you wanted to be swept off to Arceus knows where... he had to wonder...

Still for the first few steps of the way there was no treasure to be found, no amazing loot or spoils to be obtained. There were a few side paths here and there, crevices and side paths only accessible by crossing the river at certain points. He couldn't see anything immediately interesting down any of them, but it was still somewhat irritating that he couldn't explore them further. Even if he was a little bit older and more experienced than the guild recruits... the draw of adventure still captured his attention.

Speaking of which, it was at that very moment that something interesting finally caught his single working eye. He couldn't see exactly what it was, but something was shining across the river. It had a strange allure to it, as if this was something he just had to have, the water guarding it seemed to be rushing faster than anywhere else and am unusually powerful wind cut across the waves... making flight over the gap impossible, thankfully there was a bridge leading to the object and all. It was almost too good to be true. In fact, that's exactly what it was. As Gallant rushed towards the bridge a large crack and a flash of light, like sun shining off of a blade, sliced across the wooden bride and just like that it fell to pieces.

"What?! No!" Gallant cried as he rushed forward but it was to no avail. The bridge collapsed into pieces with its boards and ropes cut... and the shining object just sat at the other side of the now empty rushing water, teasing him with its illustrious glint. "Damn it all... now what?" He stood back and pondered the gap before him. It was too far to jump across... and the wind made flight impossible. The only way forward was to find a way to cross the gap. Much as he was reluctant to do so, he would require some assistance, so he called out to the guild members using the telepathy of his mind.

"Any guild members nearby, a bridge leading to a rather appealing treasure has shattered.. flight and jumping the river seem impossible so we'll need to build another bridge. Gather all available materials you can and bring them to me at the Westernmost river in this dungeon."

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023

She had watched the Bronzong with rapt attention, feeling the excitement within her welling up. The guildmaster HIMSELF, showing up before them? Wow, this must've been a really big deal! Each of his words had resounding impact on the Espurr who had been part of the crowd. In fact, she could barely stop herself from leaping out of her own skin. No matter how many times she had gone on these journeys, she would experience one of the best feelings of them all. The feeling of potential.

Her head now turned towards the one named... Gallant... Gallant. Ah yes. That quiet Kirlia she had seen before. Quiet, the Espurr snorted. She disregarded him, and immediately sprang her body into action once the guildmaster had finished his spiel. It was time to get to work, and do things right. The young Pokemon left the encampment and also made her way towards the dungeon, unaware with the fact that she was following that Kirlia in her adrenaline haze.

Before her were those typically beautiful sights of nature. Or at least, that's what others had typically said they were when they went on these missions. She couldn't really see what was the big deal about some squishy grass, some fast water, and all that stuff. There wasn't really anything here of interest at all, to her disappointment. Not even a Pokemon to fight. Boring!

As she wandered deeper through Riverbell path, still continuing her desperate search for something of value (and making note to avoid those creaky old bridges), she felt an unwelcome presence intrude her mind. The Espurr held her head and screeched in defiance. She hated Pokemon who had the arrogance to speak into the minds' of others without consent. But the interesting event she was asking for had finally happened. Certainly, she wouldn't be one to say no to treasure.

The only materials she could really see around her to build a bridge were a few trees and stray branches on the ground.

"Building a bridge with these... I don't really think this'll work. I can't carry enough on my own," Though voicing these doubtful thoughts to herself, she still gathered up a few sticks in her paws, and took another sweeping glance at where she found herself for the other guild members.

"Hey, is anyone out there?! You probably heard what the guy said, we need materials! I've found a few sticks here, but I can't carry all of them! Get over here, so I'm not so useless!" She shouted off into distance.

Last edited:

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • Dávalos had seen many performances from his mother's friends that used to always entrance him when he was littler. That was similar to how he felt when the large Bronzong introduced his booming voice to all the rest. Not only could he feel palpable excitement rise up in him, but the energy seemed to want him break into some form of dancing or something to get all the nerves out. After all, after all the shows he's done, it's best to do something high energy to get your mind off of something. Being pretty new to the concept of going around the region to engage in an adventure, Dávalos felt like a ball of nerves, like the time he performed for some royal court of Tyrunts several years back.

Following the lead of some others who had decided to go over to where this new place was, Dávalos encountered a Duskull along the way, seemingly keeping to itself. Wanting the chance to introduce himself to someone else on this journey and to proclaim his greatness to someone else, Dávalos puffed his chest and boomed to the Duskull, "Greetings, fellow traveler! I am Dávalos, pleased to make your acquaintance! Are you perchance in need of some, EXCITEMENT?" It was at this point Dávalos posed standing on his hind legs with his left front leg outstretched holding a twig, seeming as if he were saying "En garde!" with a cocky but playful grin.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years

• gastly_by_raiba_art-d4vcv70.png

Gosu the Gastly

Gosu floated along the path humming to himself. How would he go about aiding in the reconstruction of the bridge... He had seen a fellow apprentice gather sticks, which was a wise start. However sticks alone wouldn't build a good bridge. What they needed was a way too keep the sticks together, a glue of sorts. Or maybe not a glue but a nice bit of rope... Yes rope would be nice. However the chances of just finding some rope out here would be nigh impossible. But maybe it wouldn't be impossible to find some nice sturdy plants that could be woven together into a nice strong rope... Actually that posed an interesting question. While he had his adventurers bag, tied neatly around his core, Which of course was a feat in and of itself considering the core was only a semi solid cluster of gas, how was he supposed to carry the 'rope' back to the bridge.

Suddenly a wild beedrill smashed into the gas ball pokemon. Which was probably more painful for the beedrill than Gosu, considering his body wasn't a solid mass and simply reformed once the beedrill was completely through. "I daresay, that was rather rude of you, just come crashing through me." Gosu remarked as he pulled the bag up off the ground with his gaseous body. The beedrill however did not return a witty remark, instead crossing its stingers and slashing through Gosu with an Twineedle attack. "Ouch." Gosu said plainly as he rolled his eyes. "If you going to attack me, at least do me the courtesy of using a move that might actually inflict a relevant amount of damage, this isn't even a scratch. Not that you would be able to scratch... Oh whatever..." Gosu sighed as he began to focus. The air around him grew exeptionally cold and a chunk of his gaseous body began to stick together and freeze into the form of a large fist. Which Gosu then hurled at the bee pokemon.

The frozen ice fist smashed into the beedrill, which was thrown against the ground by the force of the ice. Suddenly a thick black fog began to cover the beedrill's eyes. "Now then, I think you had best apologize to me child. Don't you know that its not wise to anger the dead." Gosu's voice boomed through the darkness. The beedrill looked tried to look around in confusion, and flew away as fast as it could leaving a small pink berry behind. "Ah good old night shade, scares them good, everytime." Gosu laughed. "He also was kind enough to leave me an apology gift for bumping into me, what a swell guy."

"Actually." Gosu muttered as he used his gaseous body to close his bag. What if he used his ice punch technique, forming a fist of ice, around whatever he was trying to carry back. Sure it would take alot of energy in order to maintain the icey fist, but it would infact be possible. Gosu smiled at his own brilliance, a very creepy sight for anybody around him.

It was awhile later when he came across some vines growing down the side of a cliff leading into the river. Luckily, and as he predicted he was able to use his icey fist to pull a large bundle of vine up. He spent a few minutes using a mixture of icey hands and ghostly possesion to tie the vines together into a sturdy green rope like material. "I am a genius." Gosu muttered to himself in a very matter of fact tone. He then began on the long walk back to the bridge.

---Zwing!---

"Woaaah! This is so cool!" The little Riolu exclaimed. "Don't get too close to the edge! Its quite a drop." Gosu laughed. "Can we come back tommorow?!" The energetic young Riolu asked happily. "Tommorow? We just got here today." Gosu chuckled as he he ruffled the little Riolu's fur.

---Zwoong!---

Gosu gasped for breath. What had just happened? He was suddenly by the broken bridge, and yet he had just been up on a hill, by the ocean... Was he... having a flashback? Gosu looked around and saw Gallant the Kirlia trying to rebuild the bridge with the materials that had been gathered, Gosu noticed that his own vine rope still clutched in his icey grip...
    He couldn't waste time trying to figure out what had happened, there was treasure to be had and this Pokemon looked as if he could use all the help he could get. "Excuse me my dear fellow, I believe I may be of some assistance!"

Spoiler: Adventure bag

berry03.png
    1 x Pecha berry

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
    Years
  • TahniDay One

Tahni2_zpsjramauqe.png

"Raaaaagh!" The Litleo groaned into her bedding, paws clamped over her head as the shrill sound echoed through the campsite. Holy Miltank was that a way to be woken up.

"…It's today." She continued to mumble into her bedding as the realization hit her. The expedition is today! The freakishly loud bell no longer seemed to be an issue for the little lioness makes a dash from her bedding and to the central long tent.

Once finding a place where her view won't be blocked by the larger guild members, she sits, ears perked up and eyes wide and attentive. Even as silence falls over the group the guild masters don't speak up, which causes her to sway just slightly on her front paws. C'mon c'mon c'mon c'mon talk. Yes! Talking! Let's get this show on the road.

This was going to be fantastic, it's her very first expedition with the guild, and it's bound to be a great one: They're being allowed so much freedom to spread out and explore, see stuff, find stuff, battle off the badies (okay, Bronzong didn't say that one, but what else could he mean by 'help if a fellow guild member is in need,' he means if someone runs into some angry Pokémon, help roast those Pokémon!).

Team Morning Sun…Gallant the Kirlia, he's pretty impressive looking. She hopes to have the chance to see him in action before the expedition is over. No way is she going to bother someone like that by tagging along, but maybe they'll cross paths during the exploration and she can catch a glimpse.

"DISMISSED!" Echoed the booming voice of their respectable guild leader. Alright! Time to go! – To where? What she really wanted was to go straight for the mystery dungeon, but that's where Gallant seems to be going…and she already told herself she would not get in his way with her tiny apprentice self. She didn't even want him to think that might be her plan, but that dungeon…she really wants to see the inside of a large dungeon. Okay, it's decided. She'll head that way, but slowly. She'll give Gallant plenty of time to get ahead.

The lion cub takes her time trekking through the village and through the path, which, might she add, is hideous. The squishy wetlands oozing under her paws felt like walking in sludge, and she can't seem to stop flicking the wetness off of her paws each time she lifts them, despite knowing full well that she's going to put said paws right back in said squishiness. "Guessing this place wasn't made for fire types." She speaks to herself, but that's okay, this is a good chance for her to prove herself. Speaking of—wooooah there's a voice. In her brain. A voice in her brain that is not hers.

Gallant needs help? Bring materials, build bridge. Got it, she is totally on top of this…if only she had hands. If she had someone that could help her prop these sticks on her back then—
    Hey, is anyone out there?!

Bingo. Tahni grins as she darts towards the sound of her fellow cat Pokémon. "Yeah, I'm pretty useless in this kind of situation, too." She says upon arriving on the scene, her tail flicking as she speaks. "But with your hands we can pile a bunch on by back." The Litleo tosses her head to one of the nearby trees, which has some kind of ivy twisting around it. "We can tie them down with those vines."
    [/center]

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon​

King the Tyrunt

tyrunt.gif

King was awed at the sudden appearance of the Guildmaster. Despite his length of stay in the guild, not once had he had the chance to even take a glimpse of the old Pokemon. Of course, he would not show his excitement obviously. He needs to maintain an air of haughtiness with him, to show the newer apprentices that he's someone important enough. King held his head high as if to say That's just Bronzong, no need to get excited.

As Bronzong introduced their guest explorer, King took a long look at Gallant. He doesn't seem to be strong at all but King knew better to not trust outward appearances. He would like the chance to talk to him and ask for some tips. As someone Bronzong considers to be strong, there would be absolutely no drawback if King could get some advice from the Psychic-type.

"Be sure to make good use of your time.," the Bronzong finished off his speech. The other members of the guild slowly dispersed. Not knowing where to go, King decided to just follow Gallant the Kirlia. He seemed to know where to go. However, he was too fast and King seemed to be trotting already just to keep up.

The River Belle Path can be a scenic path if not for the abundance of wild Pokemon in there. It proved no difficulty to the tyrant, however, as his Fire Fang easily deters most of them from even approaching the travelling Pokemon. Gallant hardly gave any attention to the wild Pokemon. He even ignored the many side-paths of the dungeon. King really wanted to go on exploring on his own, see if he could see something interesting in one on the paths but he knew better. He silently followed the Kirlia to nowhere and tried not to look so excited.

It's so sudden when Kirlia stopped and looked across the rickety bridge. King is not really scared of rickety bridges but he's neither a great fan of falling so there's that. Something across the bridge caught Kirlia's eye but King couldn't make it out, no matter how hard he squint. Gallant took a step on the rickety bridge and, as if on cue, the bridge collapsed. How dramatic.

"Damn it all... now what?" It was the first time King heard the Kirlia say something. He looked around, assessing the situation but King knew there was nothing to be done. Whatever he saw across the bridge is now forever gone, unless they find a way around it.

"Any guild members nearby, a bridge leading to a rather appealing treasure has shattered.. flight and jumping the river seem impossible so we'll need to build another bridge. Gather all available materials you can and bring them to me at the Westernmost river in this dungeon," King heard Gallant's order inside his head.Are we going to build the bridge? Is that even safe? The other apprentices scrambled away to gather some twigs and probably vines to tie the things together. A Gastly, however, had another idea as he approached the guest explorer.

"Excuse me my dear fellow, I believe I may be of some assistance!" King approached the two of them, not letting the Gastly take the credit.

"Hello, Mr. Kirlia. I think it would be difficult to rebuild this bridge, especially as none of us are bridge experts, really," King started. He had something else in mind. "Can you grant me permission to see if we can find a path around this river? If there is one, I think it would be easier to do than build a bridge from scratch."

The Grand Expedition​

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years

• 75de3c21e1dab4113036311bd9003c4faa8d3cfb_hq.jpg

TREY

Trey stood close to the Guildmaster, Bronzong, as he gave his speech and introduced the longest tenured member of the Guild, Gallant. Trey remembered seeing the Kirlia around the guild all the time after Bronzong had taken Trey in to keep him out of trouble. At first, the pair seemed like they could be good friends as Trey looked up to the Kirlia for his power and knowledge. As time wore on though, Trey had become more distant and was simply just cordial with Gallant in passing. He didn't necessarily avoid Gallant but he didn't actively seek him out either. This was due to Trey sensing that Bronzong thought of Gallant as third in command and Trey wanted that to be his position. Trey had been here for a long time and his power was growing each day. He just had to prove it to Bronzong that he could be his right hand man. Bronzong had done so much for Trey and he felt that nothing would be a better reward for his faith in Trey.

Bronzong finished speaking and Trey turned towards Bronzong and smiled. "I won't let you down Mr. Guildmaster!" he chirped before dashing off to River Belle Path. Trey reached the dungeon fairly quickly, making quick work of a couple of Zigzagoon that thought they were tough guys. Trey left them in a heap after using Acid Spray and Rollout a couple of times, though looking back Trey realized he should've helped them out after beating them but he had to find a treasure to bring back to Bronzong.

Trey was getting close to the end of the dungeon before Gallant called out to the guild asking for help to cross a river. This was Trey's chance to show how helpful he was and take a step closer to his dream. Trey quickly looked around and spotted a fairly large log and ran over it. Quickly realizing he couldn't carry it, he decided to roll it towards the river.

"With this log, I'll be a hero for sure. Then the others and Bronzong will see how smart and strong I am!" Trey happily thought to himself as he quickly made his way towards the river and Gallant.

What Trey didn't realize though was that the log was starting to rot.

Last edited:

Crescent Moon

Ready? Here we go...
    Years
  • Vio was having a perfectly fine sleep, until a loud bell had woken her up. She knew the expedition began today, and she was excited, since it meant that there would be traveling involved… 'But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate my sleep!' Vio thought to herself. Realizing that the bell she heard was the guildmaster, Vio quickly left her room and went towards the large crowd of other apprentices. She stayed a few feet away from everybody, but listened closely to the guildmaster.
    After listening to Bronzong's speech, Vio went back to her bed and slept.

… or rather, she wished she could. She laid there, awake, unable to go to sleep for some unknown reason. Vio had no real drive to go to the nearby dungeon, since she figured a lot of the other apprentices would immediately head over there. Finally accepting that she couldn't go back to sleep, Vio headed back outside and was greeted with warm sunlight. Vio walked over to the backside of the Inn, and was relieved to see that it was open. She walked in, and sat at the bar. Kricketot seemed a bit out of it because he was up so early, but still seemed… Er, somewhat ready to serve people. Vio ordered a glass of Pecha Berry juice and handed Kricketot some Poke. A few minutes later, Kricketot placed the glass of juice by Vio, who grabbed it with her vines. She turned to look outside and took a small sip from her drink.

Years

• 1ocrJeL.jpg

Russell

Russell was supposed to respect Bronzong and all, but that speech had been entirely too long. If Russell had been in charge, he would have simply said, "Okay,  we're here. This is Gallant, he's here to help. Now go have fun and bring back something shiny!" Instead, he'd been stuck standing next to one of the guards, who had been giving him dirty looks throughout the whole speech.

"When are people gonna take me seriously? I'm just as capable as anyone else on this team!" He complained to a local Magikarp he'd run into. The Magikarp was thrashing about, but Russell wasn't sure if it was just Splashing or trying to Tackle him. "If you're not gonna listen, then just get outta here!" He brought his fist down hard on Magikarp's head, Pounding it unconscious. "Heh... I feel better now."

Any guild members nearby, a bridge leading to a rather appealing treasure has shattered.. flight and jumping the river seem impossible so we'll need to build another bridge. Gather all available materials you can and bring them to me at the Westernmost river in this dungeon.

The voice surprised Russell, and he looked around for the source of it. "Who said that? Was it a ghost? ...Grandpa is that you?! I don't know which way is west!" Stopping to think, he decided that "west" must be the direction he was going in, since he hadn't passed any broken bridges on the way here. He tucked his limbs into his body, becoming more or less ball-shaped, and rolled out towards the river and the broken bridge.

He eventually found it, simply by going the way a bunch of other rookies where headed. A lot of them were carrying various supplies, like sticks and vines, making him wonder if he should have grabbed something, too. While thinking about it, he sped right past Gallant and the bridge, crashing into (and knocking over) a nearby tree. "Oops. My bad!" He uncurled from his ball mode, heading over to Gallant (and a blue Tyrunt). "Heard someone needed a bridge repaired? I'm happy to lend my arts and crafts expertise!"

Hexoc

Azumarill Lover
    Years
  • 2d2ac3316a5b79fc5e2c1a7ba25db433434d8e45_hq.jpg

Haven Guildmember
    Hexoc the Duskull

River Belle Path

After Bronzong's announcement, Hexoc went over to the Job Board to pick up a few jobs to give his roaming a bit of purpose. He wanted to hunt outlaws, but he felt he wasn't ready for that yet. The jobs he picked up were simple enough; collect a few berries, get some apples, find some seeds, nothing difficult.

He set out towards the Mystery Dungeon, lost in thought about that gang of outlaws that kidnapped him almost two months ago. Hexoc had been wandering for awhile when a Fennekin suddenly jumped him. He was caught off guard and only heard the name Dávalos and something about excitement. Hexoc was about to attack when he remembered that Dávalos was an apprentice at the guild as well.

"Geez, don't scare me like that. If I hadn't been paying attention I would have-"

Suddenly, Hexoc heard a strange voice in his head saying something about fixing a broken bridge and treasure. . .

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023

[@LinearAxel]

"Yes! You look like you'd be strong enough," The Espurr responded rather matter-of-factly to the Litleo who had approached her, and nodded in agreement to this plan. She set down the branches and forcibly yanked off some vines from a particularly gross moldy old tree. As she yanked on it, a viscous silky cocoon fell from the higher branches, landing a few inches away from her. "Euck! This thing's gross, isn't it? This whole place is really gross." However, quite contrary to her statement, she went up to the cocoon and prodded it with the vineless paw. Then wiped some of the viscosity that had stuck itself to her on the leafy ground. "There's nothing in there. That's too bad, I wanted to fight. Not only is it gross here, but it's also boring! Well, that's enough babbling. Let's be useful now."

Just as promptly as her prodding of the cocoon, she picked up the branches again and very roughly set them down on her new companion's back, then tied them rather meticulously and excessively tight. After she was finished with this ordeal, the Espurr grabbed as many branches as her arms could hold. (Noting that some of them were rather... bug-eaten and moldy. They must've fallen from the tree. Bleh, even more disgusting!)

She began to shuffle away from the Litleo, finding movement to be cumbersome and frustrating with the weight of all that wood.

"C'mon! Let's move it. Oh, yeah. Uh, I'm Elly. Don't slow me down, I want that treasure," Elly proclaimed briskly.

Last edited:

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years

• 75de3c21e1dab4113036311bd9003c4faa8d3cfb_hq.jpg

TREY

Trey had finally reached some of the others at the river. It had taken him awhile since the log was so large and he was breathing heavily, wheezing really, as he came upon the small group that had gathered. There was Gallant, King the blue Tyrunt whom Trey had little relations with, Gosu, as Gastly whom Trey found a bit strange with Gosu's mysterious aura about him and finally there was Russell the Golett, who had just rolled into a tree but got up unscathed. Trey really didn't know Russell but he seemed a bit clumsy.

"Hey everyone! Look what I found!" gesturing to the log next to him, "This here log is our ticket to the other side and the shiny treasure!" He rolled it to the edge and tried picking it up again, the part that was rotten hidden from everyone. "Hey Gallant, think you can help me out and use those psychic powers of yours to set this log right across this small river so we can get that treasure!" Trey's eyes shined with happiness as he felt like the hero. He was so close Trey was so happy he couldn't contain himself and let loose some of the stench that wells up inside his body from all the garbage that he was formed out of. To Trey, he didn't even notice but too everyone else though, it was only a matter of time.

Meanwhile, Trey began formulating the speech he was going to give to the guild once they got across the river and gained the treasure. He was going to thank the guild for their support, Bronzong for his faith in Trey, and even Gallant for being what Trey always wanted to be at the guild and for being a great leader. Trey couldn't see how this plan was going to fail and acted as such. It was Trey's time to shine and there was no way it wasn't going to happen. He stood proudly as he waited for the others to show up and for Gallant's actions.

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
    Years
  • TahniDay One

Tahni2_zpsjramauqe.png

output_Ep1Ibz_zpspr7xaegw.gif

"I'm pretty strong." Tahni grins, she likes this Pokemon already; she's straight to the point, and she speaks in a way that says 'don't waste my time.' Y'know, she could really see this Espurr going places. The lioness begins tossing some more sticks into the little pile Espurr had gotten started while her fellow cat went to collect the vines. The vines gave way easily enough-- and so did a disgusting thing. As the cocoon hit the ground, Tahni's spine rose, her fur sticking on end as she growled at it. "Gross is exactly the word." She says with a mouth full of distaste. However...gross or not, she'd never seen a cocoon quite like that one, and was pretty curious about what kind of nasty bug type it might be hiding. She takes a few steps closer to watch as the Espurr prodded it. Man, her fondness for this little kitten is growing by the minute.

Despite the prodding, nothing poked out, the cocoon didn't even wiggle. Tahni sighs, her ears falling back in disappointment, though only for a second. Espurr wants to find fights to? Her ears perk right back upward at the comment. "Bet we can find a less boring place after we get that treasure." She speaks with a great deal of confidence. With her strength, and this Espurr's wit and psychic powers, they could easily handle anything that popped up. " 'Cause I wanna fight too."

She stays right behind the little kitten as it returns to the stick pile. They have a Kirlia to impress, a treasure to get, and a battle to find, no time to dawdle. The sticks are set down against her back rather roughly, but Tahni doesn't flinch, she merely swishes her tail in anticipation of the excitement that's soon to come. She holds her stomach in as the vine is tied, making sure the sticks are secure as possible. As Espurr begins to shuffle away, Tahni takes a moment to see if there's any more sticks worth bringing. Most of the ones left behind are pretty pitiful looking. Yeah...these aren't worth it. She turns and quickly trots along to catch up with the Espurr (which isn't hard, considering she has twice as many legs, and isn't finding the extra weight to be a bother at all).

"I'm Tahni, and don't worry, we're getting that treasure." And if it's only one object then Elly can have it, as long as the upper guild members know that Tahni played a vital role in obtaining it. Seeing how much Elly is struggling with her sticks, Tahni reaches over and grasps a few between her teeth before proceeding down the path.

As they get closer the sound of something hefty smashing into a tree causes her ears to flatten again. Her head turns to Elly and she rolls her eyes, making her displeasure at the foolishness they're about to walk in on known, despite her mouth of sticks. Arriving on the scene and taking a look at the Pokemon that had beaten them there, she's pretty sure it was the Golette that knocked down the tree, he's the only one bulky enough to make that kind of smash. And then...there's Trubbish...with a rotten long. What's he planning to do with that thing? Again Tahni glances to Elly with a look of Ugh...
    [/center]

Last edited:

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years

• gastly_by_raiba_art-d4vcv70.png

Gosu the Gastly

[@FireSnow]
    It had only been a few moments but several more guild apprentices seemed to be popping out of everywhere. There was the blue Tyrunt chatting away at the Kirlia who was working on the bridge, an Espurr and a Litleo carrying a bundle of vines and sticks, the Golette whom had managed to roll into a tree... It was all quite overwhelming. Suddenly the Trubbish caught his eye.

"Oh no my dear fellow, we can't use that." Gosu exclaimed floating over to the trash Pokemon. "You see, this log is beggining to rot, meaning its structual integraty isn't enough to carry the weight of some of the guilds more... hefty members. Not that I would have any issues mind you, being a floating ball of toxic gas and all." Gosu laughed. Gosu then noticed the foul look on some of the other Pokemon's faces, and it took him a second to realize what their issue was. "Oh and uh, Trey was it? While it doesn't bother me much, not having a nose and all, it would appear that you are emitting a certain... Aroma. You might want to, eh... freshen up? Somehow? Actually, how is it that you don't always stink come to think of it? My my, must be one of this worlds many mysterious eh?" Gosu chuckled.

Gosu looked around, it appeared that together they had brought quite a few materials. However he still wondered if they would be able to build a sturdy enough bridge out of sticks and vines...

Spoiler: Adventure bag

berry03.png
    1 x Pecha berry

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • [@LinearAxel @Arylett Charnoa]

Belle the Glameow
    tdTygBD.png

Belle had just woken up from her brief nap at the scene on a high branch at one of the trees, seeming to be her same obscure self. Or at least, most of the time anyway. The journey on the way wasn't as adventurous, but it worked for her. She didn't really feel like doing anything too strenuous. Belle slowly opened one eye as she saw that her fellow guildmates have been seemingly carrying materials back and forth. She was always the lazy type, preferring to watch the youngsters from afar with a smile than doing the power lifting herself. Belle finally arose, and stretched out her body with a yawn.

"Looks like the kids are hard at work, nya," she said, observing. "Hmmm, at no time they will leave this cat at their dust! Aw, I'd help out, but all my joints just ache these days... nya?" She then observed a tree being knocked down, no doubt by the friendly Golett that works here too. She always admired his strong figure at least - the rest of the traits need a little work, she felt.

She then saw two more Pokémon, a Litleo and an Espurr, seemingly paired up! Fellow cat type Pokémon always took a shine to Belle, indicated by her smirk. She leaped down from the trees to approach the duo.

"Ah, what's up kids, nya?" she greeted. "Hard at work I see?"

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024

latest

Terra

Terra watched from the side as all of her fellow teammates worked to gather supplies and rebuild the bridge. The little Cubone wanted to help. She really did. But the small thing was simply lacking the nerve needed to assert herself into the project. A small blush graced her cheeks as she opened her mouth to say something, anything, even if it would be asking them what she could do to help. However as she opened her mouth to speak, Terra immediately found herself slowly starting to back away, looking for somewhere, anywhere to hide.

"W-Why am I even here? They all look so much more... capable than I am..." Terra thought, keeping her violet-colored eyes fixated on the ground. "I don't... really know much about how to fix things. And the others look like they got a lot of the needed supplies already together..."

Taking another look up at the group of her fellow guild members working on the bridge, Terra slowly took a step back. She tightened the grip on her bone club, as if hiding behind it would make it look like she was not there at all, before quickly slinking behind a nearby tree to hopefully vanish from sight for the time being. Terra really was not happy with the way she was carrying on. She questioned why she even bothered joining the guild in the first place. She was sure that just being a member would not be enough to impress Cid or Marrow and allow her to rejoin her brothers. Glancing away from everything going on, Terra quickly found a small patch of wild flowers to her left. Without even a second thought, she turned her attention to picking them instead. Hopefully, it would be enough to calm down her anxiety...

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • Dávalos was slightly taken aback by his new compatriot's reaction. "Fear not, my incorporeal friend! I did not mean to scare you; t'was a mere act. A little excitement is part of the fun, is it no-." His thoughts were interrupted by some sort of voice in his head detailing something about a broken bridge and the need for some materials to fix it. Taking the opportunity to want impress more people, Dávalos trotted on over to some other guild members who were busy gathering materials for the broken bridge that lie ahead of him. Wishing to interject himself into the situation, he inquired to an Epsurr and a Litleo about the matter of a bridge and a treasure. For this particular introduction, Dávalos maintained a more subdued tone as they appeared to be hard at work and used his most charming voice.

"Excuse me, my fellow guild compatriots. Would you mind sparing the humble request of telling the great Dávalos about what it is I must do in order to advance the guild on to greatness?"

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023

[@LinearAxel]

"You can keep up. That's good," Elly stated in her rather plain tone of voice, seeming somewhat distracted. Her mind was focused on the thought of the treasure that could be obtained... the possibilities... it could be a rare type of flower or a jewel... or maybe... maybe an item that makes you evolve instantly! Ooh, that one especially. That one.

"Less boring place?" Her ears perked in curiosity very slightly, but she stiffened them even more in place so the residual psychic energy wouldn't leak out. "After building this bridge, we could do that!" Now her mind jumped once again to the next topic, excitement consuming her again. Fighting for the sake of fighting didn't appeal to her, but if the treasure wasn't an evolving thingamajig, she might evolve after the next fight! Oooooh.

[@Elektra Heart]

Tahni apparently seemed to think she couldn't handle these branches, as she took some off her hands. This was true, but she wanted to prove it anyway. Elly was about to comment on this event, but was distracted by some lumbering rustling sounds coming from behind her some distance away.

[@Dragon]

Of course, she could barely respond to this; they had reached a group of more guildmembers. So much was going on! The most noticeable of which was the Glameow that jumped out of nowhere. Whoa! What?! It was so surprising to her that she stumbled backwards and lost her balance. The branches she had gathered scattered and went rolled away in random directions, as her ears unfurled themselves slightly to reveal an odd glowing core. A small burst of psychic energy was unleashed from it and barely scorched a nearby tree. Quickly, the Espurr forced herself up from the ground and pointed her paws in vehement defiance towards the unwelcome newcomer. Her ears were pressed so tightly against her skull that one could swear it would make a dent.

"Don't sneak up on me like that!" Elly snarled at the Glameow. "Somebody could get hurt!"

Last edited:
    Back