• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen 5th Gen Pokemon of the Week #6: Sigilyph

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • 5th Gen Pokemon of the Week #6: Sigilyph

Sigilyph is a Flying and Psychic type pokemon that has no evolution. It's said that it holds ancient memories guardian some sort of lost civilian city, so, it usually flies around in a straight forward, predictable pattern constantly. It can also resemble a sort of wind chime, being found in the desert, or a hummingbird figure!

Moves via Level up:

--- Gust
    --- Miracle Eye
    4 Hypnosis
    8 Psywave
    11 Tailwind
    14 Whirlwind
    18 Psybeam
    21 Air Cutter
    24 Light Screen
    28 Reflect
    31 Synchronoise
    34 Mirror Move
    38 Gravity
    41 Air Slash
    44 Psychic
    48 Cosmic Power
    51 Sky Attack

Discussion questions: Is Sigilyph's design one of the best there is? Could Sigilyph resemble some sort of ancient pokemon? How would people use Sigilyph those days, compared to today? Any other thoughts are welcome!

Years
  • I am surprised how underrated this Pokemon is, especially because I love the unique design it's got and having capabilities to function well both offensively and defensively makes it a great Pokemon on its own.

I used one in my Black 2 playthrough and it suprisingly did a great job, and its diverse movepool was very fun to play around with. Magic Guard also being a beast ability was another incentive to make me want to use it.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I am surprised how underrated this Pokemon is, especially because I love the unique design it's got and having capabilities to function well both offensively and defensively makes it a great Pokemon on its own.

I used one in my Black 2 playthrough and it suprisingly did a great job, and its diverse movepool was very fun to play around with. Magic Guard also being a beast ability was another incentive to make me want to use it.

I'm surprised you used one. o:

I agree - it's really great because Magic Guard is a broken ability for it already. Try using it with Cosmic Power! It can't be hurt by poison and burn so, it's pretty godlike with it. :]

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Sigilyph is certainly a unique Pokemon in terms of design, but that's not to say I dislike it by any means. I remember it being a real challenge to take down in Black & White when facing off against N, so I can see how useful it could be in battle. Unova was the Region for me that introduced the widest variety of unique Pokemon, and Sigilyph is most definitely up there!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Whilst there are Pokémon designs I like better Sigilyph does have a very unique and fun design. I see it as a flying wind chime of sorts.

I used a Sigilyph (With the random name Guiliana) in my Unova Psychic Monotype. Its setting of screens was very useful as was its flying moves and it was in my Hall of Fame Team.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • It is not th best desing for me, but I did had one in my game and I loved it!! I did a competitive one but I haven't tried it yet.

I don't know if I need to set a moveset more offensive or support...

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I used to not like Sigilyph until I actually tried using it one day. It was then that I thought it was great! I wouldn't call it my favorite, but I definitely really liked it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I used a Sigilyph (With the random name Guiliana) in my Unova Psychic Monotype. Its setting of screens was very useful as was its flying moves and it was in my Hall of Fame Team.

I mainly used mine for offense purposes in Black 2 (since I'm an aggressive attacker type of player) but the defensive capabilities is where it really shines on the competitive scene.

Back